PDA

View Full Version : Yep, He's on Jay Leno (30th)

0zzy
10-17-2007, 04:47 PM
Oct 30 NBC
The Tonight Show with Jay Leno 11:30 PM ET

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/events/

It's back up, yes!!!!

Buzz
10-17-2007, 04:49 PM
Wooooooooohooooo

OptionsTrader
http://i22.tinypic.com/vpyasg.jpg

reduen
I can't believe I will be watching Jay Leno...

I guess I will do just about anything for our man!

ghemminger
Good i got my tickets ordered - I got 4 who's comming with me?

SirNim
10-17-2007, 04:50 PM
*blasts a hockey goal horn in excitement and revs up a siren*

Nefertiti
10-17-2007, 04:51 PM
Good i got my tickets ordered - I got 4 who's comming with me?

George-Auction them off to whoever donates the largest amount to Ron Paul during your show tonight.

jake
10-17-2007, 04:57 PM
this is probably the biggest win yet for the Campaign, the exposure will be huge.. Imagine if the 4 million mark could be reached for the date of the show? (Oct. 30th)

Noog
10-17-2007, 04:58 PM
Fantastic news.

hopeforamerica
10-17-2007, 05:03 PM
yipee! What a way to celebrate my hubby's birthday ;)

risiusj
10-17-2007, 05:05 PM
*blasts a hockey goal horn in excitement and revs up a siren*

lol. Quote of the day.

OptionsTrader
10-17-2007, 05:05 PM
Take notes:

Obama will be on the Tonight Show this evening (http://www.nbc.com/The_Tonight_Show_with_Jay_Leno/calendar/). If you watch the show, let us know how fair the interview was and if the candidate is given the chance to speak or if it is all just a humorfest. If Obama is given a chance to speak at length, it should bode well for Paul.

Nefertiti
10-17-2007, 05:07 PM
Or actually, do one each night for the next 3 nights. Ask people to post their confirmations in the RPR chat room. Get people bidding against eachother. It will be a good way to raise a few thousand at least I think.

ghemminger
10-17-2007, 05:11 PM
Or actually, do one each night for the next 3 nights. Ask people to post their confirmations in the RPR chat room. Get people bidding against eachother. It will be a good way to raise a few thousand at least I think.

you are crazy Nef. you pre order these tickets and nothing is for sure - they notify you if they are available.

If you want them for sure - you have to show up 6:30 am in burbank - they give you 4 each....after that then all types of wierd stuff can happen - I'll tell you what happened to me on the show tonight!

Nefertiti
10-17-2007, 05:12 PM
I thought you had them for sure....Oh well, if you can promise those 3 people you will definitely get them at 6:30 am it might work. Although I know that would be a pretty far drive for you at that time of morning...

Matt Collins
10-17-2007, 05:16 PM
I'll tell you what happened to me on the show tonight!Let's hear it!

tekkierich
10-17-2007, 05:20 PM
This is excellent exposure. Folks we should organize local name awareness campaigns as close as possible to this appearance.

Ozwest
10-17-2007, 05:21 PM
A lot of work went into getting him on. Does anyone recall a vid that showed a guy who parked a truck on Leno's route to the studios asking him to put Ron on the show? If anyone does, it would round out this thread nicely. BONZA!

lawdida
10-17-2007, 05:28 PM
For every show, he will do a pre-show talk (dressed in lots of denim) where he explains how the show works and tells you to laugh at his jokes. When he’s done, he’ll ask the audience if they have any questions. What he really means is “who wants to come up here and take a picture with me?” Other people in the audience will know this. So, if you want to get a photo take with him, you have to raise your hand right away when he asks the question. In fact, you’ll probably have to do more than raise your hand since many people will do this. Just make sure you get his attention. If he calls on you, your question is supposed to be, “can I have my picture taken with you?”

I’d like to see someone ask if they can have their picture taken with Jay and Ron Paul.

davidkachel
10-17-2007, 05:29 PM
In case anyone has forgotten that exactly this same thing happened YESTERDAY!!!, we should probably wait to see if it gets taken off the RP web site yet again, or get confirmation that it is legitimate.
NBC's schedule does not show that week for the Tonight Show.

lawdida
10-17-2007, 05:29 PM
A lot of work went into getting him on. Does anyone recall a vid that showed a guy who parked a truck on Leno's route to the studios asking him to put Ron on the show? If anyone does, it would round out this thread nicely. BONZA!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=t1pYkkB1anY

Jared Callanan
10-17-2007, 05:32 PM
In case anyone has forgotten that exactly this same thing happened YESTERDAY!!!, we should probably wait to see if it gets taken off the RP web site yet again, or get confirmation that it is legitimate.
NBC's schedule does not show that week for the Tonight Show.

I am still trying to figure out if this guy is for real or not? anyone? anyone?

davidkachel
10-17-2007, 05:37 PM
I am still trying to figure out if this guy is for real or not? anyone? anyone?

Are you rude and obnoxious with everyone or did I just get lucky?

Karsten
10-17-2007, 05:37 PM
What time during the day is the show taped?

davidkachel
10-17-2007, 05:39 PM
What time during the day is the show taped?

I believe they tape at 4PM(?). Is that right? Anyone know for sure?

jaumen
10-17-2007, 05:41 PM
Are you rude and obnoxious with everyone or did I just get lucky?

You really are worrying over nothing. All evidence points to the fact that it just got pushed off the page due to new preceding events being added. Leno's guests are never posted more than a week in advance, but that does not mean this isn't lined up. Could something happen to change that? Sure, sometimes guests change the night of a show, but there's no reason to worry that this isn't going to happen.

Man from La Mancha
10-17-2007, 05:44 PM
For every show, he will do a pre-show talk (dressed in lots of denim) where he explains how the show works and tells you to laugh at his jokes. When he’s done, he’ll ask the audience if they have any questions. What he really means is “who wants to come up here and take a picture with me?” Other people in the audience will know this. So, if you want to get a photo take with him, you have to raise your hand right away when he asks the question. In fact, you’ll probably have to do more than raise your hand since many people will do this. Just make sure you get his attention. If he calls on you, your question is supposed to be, “can I have my picture taken with you?”

I’d like to see someone ask if they can have their picture taken with Jay and Ron Paul.

Does topless flashers count:D

lawdida
10-17-2007, 05:46 PM
yes, but I didn't need to do it. in fact, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't have picked me if I tried that.

Ozwest
10-17-2007, 05:47 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=t1pYkkB1anY

Thanks, I bet that guy feels good.

davidkachel
10-17-2007, 05:51 PM
You really are worrying over nothing. All evidence points to the fact that it just got pushed off the page due to new preceding events being added. Leno's guests are never posted more than a week in advance, but that does not mean this isn't lined up. Could something happen to change that? Sure, sometimes guests change the night of a show, but there's no reason to worry that this isn't going to happen.

I sincerely hope you are right as this would absolutely be a watershed for the campaign. However, the announcement was there for an hour yesterday, then gone. Someone called the campaign and was told they didn't know anything about it. NBC also didn't know anything about it which would lead one to believe it wasn't legitimate.
Today the campaign was asked again (by me) and again no one knew anything about it. So there is/was some cause for doubt/concern. After all, it's not like this is just another everyday announcement.

If it doesn't "disappear" again from the web site by tomorrow then I guess it's probably for real.

mtmedlin
10-17-2007, 05:57 PM
With an average of 5.7 million viewers this could really help.

davidkachel
10-17-2007, 05:58 PM
With an average of 5.7 million viewers this could really help.

You have a gift for understatement. <grin>

Ozwest
10-17-2007, 06:01 PM
Spam that audience!

bbachtung
10-17-2007, 06:18 PM
How much would it cost to run an ad in NH, Iowa, and South Carolina during the show?

ronpaulnation
10-17-2007, 06:30 PM
DIGG it here:

http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Ron_Paul_Momentum

Thanks

Johncjackson
10-17-2007, 06:51 PM
FWIW, Vilsack and Kucinich have been on there. I wouldn't get TOO excited over Leno.

I hope they talk about the War and War on Drugs ( hey, they are in Caleefornya). Kevin and the band would like that and Leno would probably get a kick.

davidkachel
10-17-2007, 06:55 PM
FWIW, Vilsack and Kucinich have been on there. I wouldn't get TOO excited over Leno.

They did not have a message!!!
I firmly believe that people who hear RP's message and understand it are instant converts.
Getting on Jay Leno just gives you a huge audience. It's what you do with that audience that counts. I am really excited over that.
I believe in RP's ability to ignite the fires of freedom.

shepburn
10-18-2007, 10:40 AM
http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/016206.html

We need to sell out the audience with RON PAUL supporters.

This way we can cheer his every word!

This will resonate well on TV to 4 Million viewers!!

Go to stubhub.com to buy tickets!

Ridiculous
10-18-2007, 10:58 AM
Ron should bring a copy of the constitution for every member of the audience.

jake
10-18-2007, 10:59 AM
http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/016206.html

We need to sell out the audience with RON PAUL supporters.

Absolutely, this is a huge opportunity, A standing ovation would be INCREDIBLE.

post in this thread if you will be attending.