PDA

View Full Version : Devil's Advocate: Muckraking against Paul? Possible problems?

EvilEngineer
10-17-2007, 04:12 PM
Fast forwarding a bit to the general election, what issues / skeletons do you think the competition will use to attack Dr. Paul with?

Taco John
10-17-2007, 04:14 PM
He is annnn Isolationist. The Internet. An Isolationist. Spammers. An Isolationist. ISO-LA-TION-IST.

An Isolationist.

McDermit
10-17-2007, 04:18 PM
the obvious. isolationist, earmarking, newsletter statements, truthers.

Nefertiti
10-17-2007, 04:21 PM
The fact that the majority of his supporters are male and white, considering that the Democratic nominee is most likely to not be both of those. Not only do we need more votes than just the white male vote to win this, we need other kinds of supporters or we will look like he is just the candidate for the white males, compounded by the fact that he is a white male himself. However, several potential vp candidates have been suggested in these forums that would help to counteract that and as much as I don't like picking a candidate based on race or gender I do think it would be very wise for him to choose someone who isn't a white male as his running mate if he wants to win.

Question_Authority
10-17-2007, 04:26 PM
Fast forwarding a bit to the general election, what issues / skeletons do you think the competition will use to attack Dr. Paul with?

Are you familiar with the New England Patriots? Wanna know one reason they keep winning? Because they only think ahead to the next task at hand. Right now they are 6-0 but they refuse to speculate about the Super Bowl, or even beyond the next game.

Let's take a lesson out their playbook, and just take this one day at a time. We'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

hornet
10-17-2007, 05:13 PM
The fact that the majority of his supporters are male and white

nefertiti thats definitely one they'll use but having witnessed many of these contests i'm here to tell you and everybody on board thats just the faintest tip of the iceberg, its gonna get real nasty and we're all gonna need to grow some thick skin real soon. after the primaries it'll get even worse. the dems will throw the proverbial kitchen sink and then they'll start throwing the plumbing in the walls. isolationist is gonna be small potatoes compared to a lot of other 'ammo' they'll use. for example be prepared for commercials showing rp being responsible for poor people, people of color, gays, young people, etc. ad nauseum not having the opportunity to get an education because of him doing away with dept. of education, they will run scare ads showing hurricanes, earthquakes, floods choose your poison wiping out american cities and no benevolent fema around to pull our fat out of the fire thanks to rp, they will show 8 year olds shooting heroin thanks to rp doing away with the dea, they will show 'terrorists' flooding our streets thanks to rp doing away with the cia/fbi/atf, i believe their attacks will be centered around rp's stance on reducing big govt. . the best way to defend against these attacks will be to try and remain calm and dance with the one that brung ya! you keep stating rp's real positions and you don't get shrill. by this i mean you consider attacks like the ones i've just mentioned and you sit down right now and consider what your responses will be. as an example i will take the 8 year old shooting heroin, my response would be something like this, ' yeah its a shame that kids use drugs but rp believes we shouldn't compound the problem by throwing the poor kid in jail. rp and i believe he needs medical treatment not more torture.' believe it or not folks the day is fast approaching when we're all gonna miss the 'isolationalist' issue. i'm ready for it, are you?

andrewgreve
10-17-2007, 05:14 PM

Ron Paul hates Jews!!!!!!!!!!!! ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

lol.

Nefertiti
10-17-2007, 05:19 PM
You know, after the Ron Paul walk here in Chicago my husband saw a Muslim woman and went up to her and started talking to her about Ron Paul. She was Egyptian like him, I think a tourist though. She was with a man, don't know his relation to her, but he spoke perfect English. When we told them his stance on Israel they both said he could never get elected because of that. So it's not just the Jewish lobby not voting for him, it is the perception that the Jewish lobby will prevent him being president that could cost him votes.

transistor
10-17-2007, 05:25 PM
i'm not trying to sterotype, but the most vocal haters of ron paul on a message board i frequent are all jewish...

Patrick Henry
10-17-2007, 05:25 PM
Are you familiar with the New England Patriots? Wanna know one reason they keep winning? Because they only think ahead to the next task at hand. Right now they are 6-0 but they refuse to speculate about the Super Bowl, or even beyond the next game.

Grrr... Go Steelers!! :p :D :)