PDA

View Full Version : Concrete and short examples of government slavery

GunnyFreedom
09-16-2010, 11:08 PM
We need permission from the government to drive, to get married, or to open a business.

The government declares that they own what we make and allow us to keep a portion of it through the income tax.

The government owns all of our property and allows us to rent it from them through property tax.

Please list more concrete examples of how the American people are enslaved to our governments. It's for my big huge speech today...

Anti Federalist
09-16-2010, 11:14 PM
We need permission from the government to drive, to get married, or to open a business.

The government declares that they own what we make and allow us to keep a portion of it through the income tax.

The government owns all of our property and allows us to rent it from them through property tax.

Please list more concrete examples of how the American people are enslaved to our governments. It's for my big huge speech today...

As the settled law stands right now, you can be kidnapped by government, "rendered" to a foreign country, tortured, tried before a secret military tribunal and executed.

GunnyFreedom
09-16-2010, 11:20 PM
As the settled law stands right now, you can be kidnapped by government, "rendered" to a foreign country, tortured, tried before a secret military tribunal and executed.

Don't know how well my audience of mostly impoverished minorities will understand this... maybe a rewording....

'Under current law, a US citizen can be arrested without a warrant, imprisoned without a trial, sent to foreign countries where torture is legal, and executed without ever filing a charge -- just because the President says so! Whether or not we trust President Obama with this power, should we trust the next President with this power? I say NO PERSON in America should have that power, and the US Constitution doesn't allow it!'

Anti Federalist
09-16-2010, 11:30 PM
Don't know how well my audience of mostly impoverished minorities will understand this... maybe a rewording....

'Under current law, a US citizen can be arrested without a warrant, imprisoned without a trial, sent to foreign countries where torture is legal, and executed without ever filing a charge -- just because the President says so! Whether or not we trust President Obama with this power, should we trust the next President with this power? I say NO PERSON in America should have that power, and the US Constitution doesn't allow it!'

Don't sell a minority audience short on their understanding of excessive police and government force. ;)

I like your wording, run with it FWIW coming from me.

fletcher
09-16-2010, 11:34 PM
The government can force you to work for them (jury duty). If you don't respond to a letter they send you in the mail they can and will lock you in a cage.

GunnyFreedom
09-16-2010, 11:53 PM
Don't sell a minority audience short on their understanding of excessive police and government force. ;)

I like your wording, run with it FWIW coming from me.

It's not that they are minorities, but that it included buzzwords that generally only political activists understand... and thanks!

GunnyFreedom
09-16-2010, 11:53 PM
The government can force you to work for them (jury duty). If you don't respond to a letter they send you in the mail they can and will lock you in a cage.

folded in

GunnyFreedom
09-17-2010, 12:42 AM
Really? that's all we've got?

GunnyFreedom
09-17-2010, 12:49 AM
please critique the speech I have planned for the Constitution Day and Frederick Douglass celebration aimed at the Black community....

I have never done anything like this, si I would like to get feedback on it.

Also, I need to add something about corporatism...

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=260990

lynnf
09-17-2010, 03:06 AM
I think you might mention something about how the gov prevents people helping themselves in emergencies like what was done in Katrina (waiting for the Feds to help but they don't come) or the Gulf oil well incident where the state of La couldn't make sand berms or put their own oil booms out - the Feds had to do it and they either didn't or they delayed.

this is something like what a pimp might do to his "workers" just to exercise control

lynn

Working Poor
09-17-2010, 06:14 AM
Are you forgetting about the effects of the drug war on the poor and minorities?

GunnyFreedom
09-17-2010, 07:00 AM
Are you forgetting about the effects of the drug war on the poor and minorities?

No, I'm not forgetting it -- I've spoken on this before, but if I got into that today the chances are it'll end up as the headline in several area newspapers without bothering to mention anything else. :D For today I will avoid being taken out of context as an opportunity to destroy the campaign. I intend to establish my Conservative credentials during a term or 2 in office before making the WOD a full-on campaign issue. :o

GunnyFreedom
09-17-2010, 07:01 AM
I think you might mention something about how the gov prevents people helping themselves in emergencies like what was done in Katrina (waiting for the Feds to help but they don't come) or the Gulf oil well incident where the state of La couldn't make sand berms or put their own oil booms out - the Feds had to do it and they either didn't or they delayed.

this is something like what a pimp might do to his "workers" just to exercise control

lynn

I might leave out the descriptor, but this is good stuff. :D

paulitics
09-17-2010, 07:14 AM
They own your privacy - your phone lines, your computer, your bank records, and your health records, and can even enter your home and peak around with you knowing about it.

Eryxis
09-17-2010, 07:17 AM
I second the health records... I believe I just read an article about how NC cops are pushing for more or less unrestricted access to your prescription records in case you're selling your pain pills.

GunnyFreedom
09-17-2010, 07:22 AM
Added Katrina and oil spill:

My name is Glen Bradley, and I am a candidate for the North Carolina State House. However, tonight is not about me. Instead, I would like to focus on my personal hero, Frederick Douglass, and his philosophy of strict Constitutionalism as we celebrate Constitution Day together.

Frederick Douglass was one of the most important abolitionists in our history. It was Frederick Douglass who pressured Lincoln to make slavery an issue during the Civil War. If Douglass had failed to convince the president to fight for the freedom of enslaved Americans, it may have been another 30 or 40 years before the evil, despicable practice was ended.

Frederick Douglass himself was a man born into slavery. He said of that time, "I didn't know I was a slave until I found out I couldn't do the things I wanted." Today, we are lucky to be born free in America. Nevertheless, like Douglass we too have a surprising lack of control over our own lives.

It seems that every little thing we do in life seems to require government permission. You need a license to drive, a license to get married, a license to open a business, or a license to practice medicine. The government seems to have a license for everything!

And what if we don't want to ask for permission to live our lives? Use a doctor without a license to treat your own illnesses or injuries, and the government can throw you in jail. But does the government own you, or are you free? If we have to seek permission from a government licensed doctor in order to treat our own illnesses or injuries, or the government will come and throw us in jail. Who owns our bodies anyway? If we must ask for someone's permission just to take medicine, then I submit to you that we do not own our own selves! And if we do not own ourselves, ladies and gentlemen, we are living in the very definition of slavery.

This slavery at the hands of our government extends into your daily life. Take your finances. Even though you work to make a paycheck every day, the government has decided that it has a right to keep some of your money for itself through the income tax. And if you own a house or land? For all of our lip-service to property rights, the government still takes a share of that through property taxes! And if you want to buy food or clothing, basic staples of life? Well, the government still takes a piece of that through the sales tax!

When Katrina hit New Orleans, the government broke into peoples houses and took their only means of defense, their weapons, and left them to fend for themselves. They herded people against their will into the stadium, and looked the other way while people were robbed, raped and murdered. When the oil spill hit the Gulf Coast, the government came in and told the people of the gulf coast States that they were not allowed to make sand berms to protect their coastline, and they again turned a blind eye when millions of dead fish and sea creatures washed up on the beach.

Today, the North Carolina Sheriff's Association has asked permission to gain access - without a warrant - to see your medical prescriptions and the prescriptions of every North Carolina citizen in order to fish into our medical secrets for evidence of crimes with which to arrest us and lock us into jail.

The federal government will not respect your rights to life and liberty. Under current law, a US citizen can be arrested without a warrant, imprisoned without a trial, sent to foreign countries where torture is legal, and be executed without ever filing a charge -- just because the President says so. Under current law, American citizens can be targeted for assassination anywhere in the world at home or abroad -- just because the President says so! If we hope to survive as free men and women, we cannot simply surrender and say that the President is protecting us. Whether or not we trust President Obama with this power, do you think we should trust the next President with this power? I say NO PERSON in America should have that power.

But Frederick Douglass understood something important, something that we have forgotten in these dark times. He said, and he believed it until the day he died, that "the U.S. Constitution, if strictly and equally enforced, remains the best safeguard for Black American civil and human rights."

The licenses, the taxes, the destruction of our civil liberties, none of this is what the Founders had in mind when they crafted the Constitution. In fact, none of this was ever allowed by the Constitution!

The US Constitution, if strictly and equally enforced, remains the best safeguard for the civil and human rights of ALL Americans, and it's time we start making our government obey it! Our nation and our State is in trouble, deep trouble that no one President, Congressman, or Legislator can fix alone. Nevertheless, there is a way out of this huge mess we find ourselves in.

Our society must do two simple things. First, every man, woman and child in America needs to learn the Constitution to understand the freedom and rights to which they are entitled. The Constitution is a document that limits government's ability to intervene in our lives. There was a reason that the powers of the government are enumerated in the Constitution. There was a reason that the Bill of Rights ensures you can live without government interference.

But some elected officials hope you do not remember this. That is why we need a second solution, to make our highest civic duty in the voting booth to FIRE any elected official who disrespects it - in any way. Whenever Congress votes to ignore the powers granted to it in the Constitution, fire them! If a legislator writes a law that usurps your freedom of speech, freedom of religion, or your liberty, fire them! By firing those who violate our Constitution, we can ensure that every American remains free from an insidious form of government slavery.

It is not about party. We cannot blindly vote for Republicans or blindly vote for Democrats; indeed, tyranny is not exclusive to either major party. Instead, we have to start voting FOR the Constitution. If we take the time to read and understand the founding document of our nation, we can then ensure that we pick our representatives based on who understands the Constitution and who understands our freedom.

Unfortunately, we haven't elected real supporters of the Constitution to Congress or the State House. These people like to talk about America being the land of the free. Wanna talk about the land of the free? Let's talk about the land of the free for a minute. In America, we lock more people in prison than any other country on the face of the planet. That's right, The Land Of the Free, the United States of America has the highest per-capita incarceration rate ON THE PLANET, with more than 1 out of every 100 adults in prison, and more than 1 of every 31 adults owned by the Department of Corrections through probation and parole.

What's worse is that law enforcement disproportionately affects minorities. Black Americans make up something like 18% of drug users, but Black Americans make up closer to 50% of drug convictions. Frederick Douglass said that laws in our nation must be "strictly and equally enforced" -- but that simply isn't happening now! Our elected office-holders have abandoned our Constitution. More than that, our nation has abandoned the Constitution. We have fallen asleep as we lost our freedoms. If we want true freedom from slavery, then we must wake up and return to the Constitution.

Mr. Douglass said, "I didn't know I was a slave until I found out I couldn't do the things I wanted." I too discovered the tyranny of our government the hard way. I wanted to open a business and start fixing peoples computers, networks, and cash registers, but without a licence and permission from the government I could not. I wanted to marry the love of my life, a beautiful and smart woman who no man could resist, but without a licence and permission from the government I could not.

I wanted to live my life without the government telling me what I could and could not do, but then I woke up in an America where I could not. We do not have lobbyists or billions of dollars to buy our freedom- but we do have something that the crooks in Washington and Raleigh don't have- the Constitution.

Ladies and gentlemen, I submit to you that we are not free, and that we cannot be free, until we have a government that strictly abides by the Constitution. This is where you ladies and gentlemen can help save the nation, by leading the way.

Slavery was a deep vicious evil that should never have happened, but it did. Because of your unique position of being only three generations removed from the despicable evil of slavery, the Black community knows what it's like to climb up from the chains of slavery into the light of freedom, while the rest of America has become secretly enslaved and they don't even know it.

You, more than anybody else in America, can help lead the way back to freedom and prosperity for all of us, and be hailed as the heroes who led our way to salvation.

It starts by voting for the Constitution, every time and without exception. Reach out to your neighbors, your children, your parents, grandparents, and grandchildren. Talk about Frederick Douglass -- one of the most brilliant men to ever walk upon this continent and talk about what he believed.

Talk about how Frederick Douglass, a freedman, maintained until the day he died that the best guarantee of civil and human rights for all Americans was to force the government to strictly and equally obey the Constitution, and talk about how far we've come from that path that Mr. Douglass has charted for us.

It's up to us, to you and me, and all of our citizens to force our elected officials to obey the Constitution, and right now they aren't doing it because we aren't doing it. Today, our Representatives from both parties get into office, forget about the people who sent them there, ignore the Constitution, do anything they want and leave us to clean up the mess.

Now, it's time to clean up their mess for good. Saving our Nation and our State starts with you. WE are the change that we seek, and only WE are the ones who can stand up and make our governments obey the Constitution. If you have not already gotten one, we have a table right there with enough pocket constitutions for everyone to get one, free of charge.

I hope you will enjoy our speakers, Kevin Daniels, President of the North Carolina Frederick Douglass Foundation, and our headliner Lenny McAllister, celebrated author, host, and hip-hop Republican. Please stick around for our panel discussion, and afterwards we will take questions from the audience.

Again, my name is Glen Bradley, and while I am running for North Carolina State House on the Republican ticket in this district, I am not going to stand here and talk about myself, because this day - Constitution Day - needs to be about Frederick Douglass, the US Constitution, and how we can save our nation for generations to come. Thank you, and God bless you all!

Pericles
09-17-2010, 08:06 AM
Very good - if you have time to revise you might work in the various ways your property can be confiscated by the government without any form of due process. One of the characteristics of a slave is the limited or non existent right to property. Every thing can be seized under RICO statutes, without any evidence of a crime having been committed - filing charges against property because property has no constitutional protections, to vehicle and weapons "impoundments" by poloce, finally all the way to tax liens and you lose your home.

The concept to be communicated that the right to be secure in your property and do with it what you will is freedom, the opposite of slavery.

KCIndy
09-17-2010, 08:19 AM
Don't worry about including these in the speech, it's fine as it is. But if you need more "talking points" later during discussions, you can remind people that government, at various levels:

*requires permits to improve your own property

*imposes crippling taxes on multiple levels just to drive a car (excise tax, sales tax, wheel tax, licensing, state and federal taxes on gas...)

*prevents people from negotiating their own wages (if they want to work a simple or easy job for less then minimum wage, for instance)

*prevents young people from working at all, depending on age

*mandates drug testing without any probably cause for MANY jobs, even in the private sector.

Just a few that I can think of off the top of my head.

But what would really be interesting would be to get a discussion going with a small group and let THEM start thinking it through and tossing out examples.... "What sort of business might *you* start, sir, if the government wasn't in the way?"

Best of luck!!

Anti Federalist
09-17-2010, 10:47 AM
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2680/4406561269_c15277d9f6_o.gif

Added Katrina and oil spill:

My name is Glen Bradley, and I am a candidate for the North Carolina State House. However, tonight is not about me. Instead, I would like to focus on my personal hero, Frederick Douglass, and his philosophy of strict Constitutionalism as we celebrate Constitution Day together.

Frederick Douglass was one of the most important abolitionists in our history. It was Frederick Douglass who pressured Lincoln to make slavery an issue during the Civil War. If Douglass had failed to convince the president to fight for the freedom of enslaved Americans, it may have been another 30 or 40 years before the evil, despicable practice was ended.

Frederick Douglass himself was a man born into slavery. He said of that time, "I didn't know I was a slave until I found out I couldn't do the things I wanted." Today, we are lucky to be born free in America. Nevertheless, like Douglass we too have a surprising lack of control over our own lives.

It seems that every little thing we do in life seems to require government permission. You need a license to drive, a license to get married, a license to open a business, or a license to practice medicine. The government seems to have a license for everything!

And what if we don't want to ask for permission to live our lives? Use a doctor without a license to treat your own illnesses or injuries, and the government can throw you in jail. But does the government own you, or are you free? If we have to seek permission from a government licensed doctor in order to treat our own illnesses or injuries, or the government will come and throw us in jail. Who owns our bodies anyway? If we must ask for someone's permission just to take medicine, then I submit to you that we do not own our own selves! And if we do not own ourselves, ladies and gentlemen, we are living in the very definition of slavery.

This slavery at the hands of our government extends into your daily life. Take your finances. Even though you work to make a paycheck every day, the government has decided that it has a right to keep some of your money for itself through the income tax. And if you own a house or land? For all of our lip-service to property rights, the government still takes a share of that through property taxes! And if you want to buy food or clothing, basic staples of life? Well, the government still takes a piece of that through the sales tax!

When Katrina hit New Orleans, the government broke into peoples houses and took their only means of defense, their weapons, and left them to fend for themselves. They herded people against their will into the stadium, and looked the other way while people were robbed, raped and murdered. When the oil spill hit the Gulf Coast, the government came in and told the people of the gulf coast States that they were not allowed to make sand berms to protect their coastline, and they again turned a blind eye when millions of dead fish and sea creatures washed up on the beach.

Today, the North Carolina Sheriff's Association has asked permission to gain access - without a warrant - to see your medical prescriptions and the prescriptions of every North Carolina citizen in order to fish into our medical secrets for evidence of crimes with which to arrest us and lock us into jail.

The federal government will not respect your rights to life and liberty. Under current law, a US citizen can be arrested without a warrant, imprisoned without a trial, sent to foreign countries where torture is legal, and be executed without ever filing a charge -- just because the President says so. Under current law, American citizens can be targeted for assassination anywhere in the world at home or abroad -- just because the President says so! If we hope to survive as free men and women, we cannot simply surrender and say that the President is protecting us. Whether or not we trust President Obama with this power, do you think we should trust the next President with this power? I say NO PERSON in America should have that power.

But Frederick Douglass understood something important, something that we have forgotten in these dark times. He said, and he believed it until the day he died, that "the U.S. Constitution, if strictly and equally enforced, remains the best safeguard for Black American civil and human rights."

The licenses, the taxes, the destruction of our civil liberties, none of this is what the Founders had in mind when they crafted the Constitution. In fact, none of this was ever allowed by the Constitution!

The US Constitution, if strictly and equally enforced, remains the best safeguard for the civil and human rights of ALL Americans, and it's time we start making our government obey it! Our nation and our State is in trouble, deep trouble that no one President, Congressman, or Legislator can fix alone. Nevertheless, there is a way out of this huge mess we find ourselves in.

Our society must do two simple things. First, every man, woman and child in America needs to learn the Constitution to understand the freedom and rights to which they are entitled. The Constitution is a document that limits government's ability to intervene in our lives. There was a reason that the powers of the government are enumerated in the Constitution. There was a reason that the Bill of Rights ensures you can live without government interference.

But some elected officials hope you do not remember this. That is why we need a second solution, to make our highest civic duty in the voting booth to FIRE any elected official who disrespects it - in any way. Whenever Congress votes to ignore the powers granted to it in the Constitution, fire them! If a legislator writes a law that usurps your freedom of speech, freedom of religion, or your liberty, fire them! By firing those who violate our Constitution, we can ensure that every American remains free from an insidious form of government slavery.

It is not about party. We cannot blindly vote for Republicans or blindly vote for Democrats; indeed, tyranny is not exclusive to either major party. Instead, we have to start voting FOR the Constitution. If we take the time to read and understand the founding document of our nation, we can then ensure that we pick our representatives based on who understands the Constitution and who understands our freedom.

Unfortunately, we haven't elected real supporters of the Constitution to Congress or the State House. These people like to talk about America being the land of the free. Wanna talk about the land of the free? Let's talk about the land of the free for a minute. In America, we lock more people in prison than any other country on the face of the planet. That's right, The Land Of the Free, the United States of America has the highest per-capita incarceration rate ON THE PLANET, with more than 1 out of every 100 adults in prison, and more than 1 of every 31 adults owned by the Department of Corrections through probation and parole.

What's worse is that law enforcement disproportionately affects minorities. Black Americans make up something like 18% of drug users, but Black Americans make up closer to 50% of drug convictions. Frederick Douglass said that laws in our nation must be "strictly and equally enforced" -- but that simply isn't happening now! Our elected office-holders have abandoned our Constitution. More than that, our nation has abandoned the Constitution. We have fallen asleep as we lost our freedoms. If we want true freedom from slavery, then we must wake up and return to the Constitution.

Mr. Douglass said, "I didn't know I was a slave until I found out I couldn't do the things I wanted." I too discovered the tyranny of our government the hard way. I wanted to open a business and start fixing peoples computers, networks, and cash registers, but without a licence and permission from the government I could not. I wanted to marry the love of my life, a beautiful and smart woman who no man could resist, but without a licence and permission from the government I could not.

I wanted to live my life without the government telling me what I could and could not do, but then I woke up in an America where I could not. We do not have lobbyists or billions of dollars to buy our freedom- but we do have something that the crooks in Washington and Raleigh don't have- the Constitution.

Ladies and gentlemen, I submit to you that we are not free, and that we cannot be free, until we have a government that strictly abides by the Constitution. This is where you ladies and gentlemen can help save the nation, by leading the way.

Slavery was a deep vicious evil that should never have happened, but it did. Because of your unique position of being only three generations removed from the despicable evil of slavery, the Black community knows what it's like to climb up from the chains of slavery into the light of freedom, while the rest of America has become secretly enslaved and they don't even know it.

You, more than anybody else in America, can help lead the way back to freedom and prosperity for all of us, and be hailed as the heroes who led our way to salvation.

It starts by voting for the Constitution, every time and without exception. Reach out to your neighbors, your children, your parents, grandparents, and grandchildren. Talk about Frederick Douglass -- one of the most brilliant men to ever walk upon this continent and talk about what he believed.

Talk about how Frederick Douglass, a freedman, maintained until the day he died that the best guarantee of civil and human rights for all Americans was to force the government to strictly and equally obey the Constitution, and talk about how far we've come from that path that Mr. Douglass has charted for us.

It's up to us, to you and me, and all of our citizens to force our elected officials to obey the Constitution, and right now they aren't doing it because we aren't doing it. Today, our Representatives from both parties get into office, forget about the people who sent them there, ignore the Constitution, do anything they want and leave us to clean up the mess.

Now, it's time to clean up their mess for good. Saving our Nation and our State starts with you. WE are the change that we seek, and only WE are the ones who can stand up and make our governments obey the Constitution. If you have not already gotten one, we have a table right there with enough pocket constitutions for everyone to get one, free of charge.

I hope you will enjoy our speakers, Kevin Daniels, President of the North Carolina Frederick Douglass Foundation, and our headliner Lenny McAllister, celebrated author, host, and hip-hop Republican. Please stick around for our panel discussion, and afterwards we will take questions from the audience.

Again, my name is Glen Bradley, and while I am running for North Carolina State House on the Republican ticket in this district, I am not going to stand here and talk about myself, because this day - Constitution Day - needs to be about Frederick Douglass, the US Constitution, and how we can save our nation for generations to come. Thank you, and God bless you all!

Truth-Bringer
09-17-2010, 10:57 AM

Great examples. The bottom line is that one group of human beings calling themselves government has irrationally declared that it has the right to control the peaceful, honest, voluntary activities of other human beings. Sickening, to all who can see through the charade.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
09-17-2010, 12:01 PM

Well, you are arguing from the wrong point of view. This has nothing to do with enslavement, but about lying. The government is supposed to be serving the people as a "necessary tyranny," or a "necessary evil," but it is victimizing them instead in the name of the people. As the people themselves are desperate to be part of a new Aristocracy forming, most are selling out supporting the victimization. In the end, the only way to insure the existence of such an Aristocracy is to appoint a dictator.
When a court claims to represent the people, it is lying. The judicial branch of the government does not represent the people, but operates as one of three parts of a "more perfect" government with it serving the people as a "necessary tyranny."
Still, we are the ones responsible and to blame for our problems as we continue buying the empty box supporting the lie purporting not a history of loving ancestors, but a history of evil, wayward, and backwards fools and idiots.
You want to help? Well, tie up your boots real tight and have them ready to go whenever the next time you hear such nonsense being discussed.

erowe1
09-17-2010, 01:00 PM
I don't want to tell you to change your strategy or rewrite your speech or anything. But I honestly think that equating any form of tyranny that now exists in America with slavery to your African American audience tonight would not be advisable. Your substantive points may all be good. But be cautious about that rhetoric.

free1
09-17-2010, 03:07 PM
This thread has more info. All this stuff should be spread around as many forums as possible. I'm always amazed at how many people don't understand how enslaved they are.
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=258445

oyarde
09-17-2010, 04:15 PM

Well you have the property tax which has to be one of the absolute worst . Only a current or previous property owner would understand though.

oyarde
09-17-2010, 04:17 PM
Don't worry about including these in the speech, it's fine as it is. But if you need more "talking points" later during discussions, you can remind people that government, at various levels:

*requires permits to improve your own property

*imposes crippling taxes on multiple levels just to drive a car (excise tax, sales tax, wheel tax, licensing, state and federal taxes on gas...)

*prevents people from negotiating their own wages (if they want to work a simple or easy job for less then minimum wage, for instance)

*prevents young people from working at all, depending on age

*mandates drug testing without any probably cause for MANY jobs, even in the private sector.

Just a few that I can think of off the top of my head.

But what would really be interesting would be to get a discussion going with a small group and let THEM start thinking it through and tossing out examples.... "What sort of business might *you* start, sir, if the government wasn't in the way?"

Best of luck!!

And charge you sales tax on top of the state and fed gas tax .

phill4paul
09-17-2010, 04:18 PM
I don't want to tell you to change your strategy or rewrite your speech or anything. But I honestly think that equating any form of tyranny that now exists in America with slavery to your African American audience tonight would not be advisable. Your substantive points may all be good. But be cautious about that rhetoric.

I disagree erowe. Becoming a "freed-man" means nothing if a man is not free.

oyarde
09-17-2010, 04:19 PM
Well, you are arguing from the wrong point of view. This has nothing to do with enslavement, but about lying. The government is supposed to be serving the people as a "necessary tyranny," or a "necessary evil," but it is victimizing them instead in the name of the people. As the people themselves are desperate to be part of a new Aristocracy forming, most are selling out supporting the victimization. In the end, the only way to insure the existence of such an Aristocracy is to appoint a dictator.
When a court claims to represent the people, it is lying. The judicial branch of the government does not represent the people, but operates as one of three parts of a "more perfect" government with it serving the people as a "necessary tyranny."
Still, we are the ones responsible and to blame for our problems as we continue buying the empty box supporting the lie purporting not a history of loving ancestors, but a history of evil, wayward, and backwards fools and idiots.
You want to help? Well, tie up your boots real tight and have them ready to go whenever the next time you hear such nonsense being discussed.

Uncle E is correct , they are persistent liars and thieves.

oyarde
09-17-2010, 04:20 PM
Since we have established that , the less involvement with said liars and thieves equals more freedom , prosperity and happiness .

osan
09-17-2010, 04:21 PM

Permission to own and bear the means of defense of self, others, property, the nation.

Deny permission to possess and imbibe in various chemical substances.

Deny permission to possess and make use of various pyrotechnic compounds for all rightful purposes such as getting those damned black locust stumps out of the ground.

Force us to buy various forms of insurance.

Remove from our possession our rightful real property under the charade of "eminent domain" and dole said property our to whomever they deem fit to receive it.

Deny a child the right to sit quietly, alone or in groups, in school and engage in prayer.

Deny parents their rights to raise their children as they see fit in many non-criminal terms. Recall that NJ couple who lost their son when they ordered his school to stop giving him Ritalin? Land of the free.... OK, sure.

The list goes on as quite the litany, but let me not hog it all.

osan
09-17-2010, 04:32 PM
I say NO PERSON in America should have that power, and the US Constitution doesn't allow it!'

That and $4.50 gets you latte at Starbucks.

phill4paul
09-17-2010, 04:37 PM
That and $4.50 gets you latte at Starbucks.

For less than three lattes you could help a liberty candidate.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=260982

osan
09-17-2010, 04:40 PM
If Douglass had failed to convince the president to fight for the freedom of enslaved Americans, it may have been another 30 or 40 years before the evil, despicable practice was ended.

I might remove "30 or 40" and replace with "many". In truth, slavery's days were limited due to new automation techniques. No plantation master was going to retain costly slaves when the competition was using mechanicals to do the same work work for next to nothing. Your figures are speculative, as are mine. I'm thinking you might just want to drop that aspect of it. Otherwise, the work seems pretty good.

Best wishes.

sailingaway
09-17-2010, 04:42 PM
I saw an old 'Crossfire' with Bill Buckley and Ron Paul recently, and Ron mentioned that indentured servants only had to give 20% of their income to their masters....

erowe1
09-17-2010, 04:44 PM
I disagree erowe. Becoming a "freed-man" means nothing if a man is not free.

There are important differences between any loss of freedom we have today and the form of slavery blacks underwent in our nation's past. Minimizing those differences will not necessarily come across well to the audience.

phill4paul
09-17-2010, 04:45 PM
I might remove "30 or 40" and replace with "many". In truth, slavery's days were limited due to new automation techniques. No plantation master was going to retain costly slaves when the competition was using mechanicals to do the same work work for next to nothing. Your figures are speculative, as are mine. I'm thinking you might just want to drop that aspect of it. Otherwise, the work seems pretty good.

Best wishes.

Mechanical cotton pickers did not become practical until the 1940s. If anything he was being conservative.

phill4paul
09-17-2010, 04:52 PM
There are important differences between any loss of freedom we have today and the form of slavery blacks underwent in our nation's past. Minimizing those differences will not necessarily come across well to the audience.

I don't see wht he is saying as being a minimization so much as a progression. They thought that they had escaped the "master" after the civil war. If they truly had then why the Civil Rights movement? What of todays incarceration rate? Their history is the essential to the debate of freedom.
They were not "freed" by the government. They just entered a different kind of bondage. It is called citizenship.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
09-18-2010, 01:02 PM
This thread has more info. All this stuff should be spread around as many forums as possible. I'm always amazed at how many people don't understand how enslaved they are.
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=258445

According to the Apostle Paul, if given a choice between rising up to become a master or remaining as a slave, then one should always choose to remain a slave.
In other words, liberty for the sake of liberty is no better than bondage. Afterall, we aren't represented by flesh and blood, but by a natural law Truth. As our Civil Purpose is a blue sky we can aim for, legal precendence darkens the ideal by limiting us to aiming straight at the apple we are trying to shoot out of the tree. Ultimately, the people are crinimalized as each time we fall short is further legal precedence supporting tradition.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
09-18-2010, 01:20 PM
Since we have established that , the less involvement with said liars and thieves equals more freedom , prosperity and happiness .

We are the ones responsible for our own problems as we are allowing the government to mismarket our behinds. Birds are a good example to use in how we are doing this. Female birds in many bird species are naturally attracted to the male birds with the longest tail feathers. When the tail feathers get too long, the male birds get eaten; likewise, when the tail feathers get too short, the females won't reproduce with them.
To attract a female bird to an illusion, all one has to do is get a crowd of other female birds to assemble together. In other words, one doesn't need a product of a male bird any longer, but just the illusion of one in the middle of a crowd of female birds. Let's call this a service economy. Now, to get this productless service economy to work and to sell it as a productless empty box to the people, we will need super wizard-like salesmen along the lines of marketing executives.
If they can make this impossible economy work, then they deserve their hundred million dollar bonuses.

LibertyVox
09-18-2010, 01:31 PM
Hi Gunny, I skimmed through your speech. I think its a great speech and ready to be delivered. But since you're a liberty candidate and for change, then perhaps you should give the speech which just simply puts forth your ideas without resorting to tailoring the speech to the "Black community". That's objectifying a group of people. Most of your audience wouldn't see it as anything negative at all, but it's still the same mold way of catering and appealing to groups. And I hope you are honest about admiration you expressed for F. Douglas and Lincoln's war.
If you are not then just stick with what you admire. If only Douglas, then so be it. Simple, Honest.