PDA

View Full Version : OFFLINE donations?

Sematary
10-17-2007, 03:56 PM
I wonder if there is a way to get info on offline donations? LadyLiberty is going a little slow today and I know we broke the 1 mil mark on there but I figure using the 70% mark as a basis, that puts us at over 1.3 mil so far this month.

reduen
10-17-2007, 03:59 PM
I wonder if there is a way to get info on offline donations? LadyLiberty is going a little slow today and I know we broke the 1 mil mark on there but I figure using the 70% mark as a basis, that puts us at over 1.3 mil so far this month.

I think that Lady Liberty is counting offline donations also. Don't qoute me for sure but I remember hearing that somewhere. :)

Adamsa
10-17-2007, 04:00 PM
I think that Lady Liberty is counting offline donations also. Don't qoute me for sure but I remember hearing that somewhere. :)

It'd be great if it wasn't, because there'd be so much more. :D

Richie
10-17-2007, 04:21 PM
The campaign has already said that offline donations to not count.

reduen
10-17-2007, 04:22 PM
Not trying to argue Rich but do you have a link to that info?

Buzz
10-17-2007, 04:27 PM
The campaign has already said that offline donations to not count.

I'd like to see the source as well. I heard that about 3/4 of the donations are online, so if true, we have about 4/3 as much money as the fundraising graphic shows.

kylejack
10-17-2007, 04:29 PM
They've given conflicting information. It does count. It does not count.

I think the most likely answer is that its not counted, but they might add it in later. We've seen no huge instant spikes to indicate that they're adding it in.

theseus51
10-17-2007, 04:44 PM
They've given conflicting information. It does count. It does not count.

I think the most likely answer is that its not counted, but they might add it in later. We've seen no huge instant spikes to indicate that they're adding it in.

I would think, that if I were in charge of handling paper checks, I wouldn't be typing in a name and adding it to the lady liberty online count as I process them. Too much hassle. I'd just make a total count for the day, and deposit it.

And yeah, since there doesn't seem to be an big spikes, I'd have to say they aren't included in the online lady liberty.

kylejack
10-17-2007, 04:45 PM
I would think, that if I were in charge of handling paper checks, I wouldn't be typing in a name and adding it to the lady liberty online count as I process them. Too much hassle. I'd just make a total count for the day, and deposit it.

And yeah, since there doesn't seem to be an big spikes, I'd have to say they aren't included in the online lady liberty.

Right. Keep in mind, though, some of those expensive fund-raiser dinners use online contributions with a project code, so those probably are included.

reduen
10-17-2007, 04:47 PM

This seems to be good logic. Who knows? :)

Richie
10-17-2007, 05:12 PM
Sorry I don't have a source on hand. I remember the fund raising manager said that they do not count. This was at the end of last quarter, so it might have changed. I wish they would count if they don't. That would help us out with this a heck of a lot.

kylejack
10-17-2007, 05:13 PM
Sorry I don't have a source on hand. I remember the fund raising manager said that they do not count. This was at the end of last quarter, so it might have changed. I wish they would count if they don't. That would help us out with this a heck of a lot.

Right, and the conflicting part is that they stated "every cent will be counted" on Lady Liberty.

m72mc
10-17-2007, 05:33 PM
Right, and the conflicting part is that they stated "every cent will be counted" on Lady Liberty.

they are referring to every online donation.

they also said today current speed points to 8 mill/quarter.
6 mill in online don + 2 mill offline don sums to about 8 mill.

besides why would they pay someone to work constantly on registering offline don online, only costs money and time.

kylejack
10-17-2007, 05:38 PM
they are referring to every online donation.

they also said today current speed points to 8 mill/quarter.
6 mill in online don + 2 mill offline don sums to about 8 mill.

besides why would they pay someone to work constantly on registering offline don online, only costs money and time.
I'm not saying that you're wrong. I agree with you. But they have provided conflicting information.

Around the beginning of August, our campaign set a fundraising goal for the third quarter. We decided that we had to raise $5,000,000 by September 30th. At the time, we weren't sure we could meet that goal.

But meet it we did, thanks to you. And during the last week, Ron Paul received more press than he did during the previous nine months of our campaign.

Now it's the start of the final quarter of the primary season. We've set a goal again, and this time, we're letting everyone track our progress throughout the quarter - the first campaign in history to disclose immediately every cent that is raised.

Our fundraising target for the 4th quarter is $12,000,000.

Without a doubt, this won't be easy. But this goal is not optional.

Other campaigns spend frivolously. Some even pour millions of dollars of their own money into their campaigns. We do not have either of these luxuries.

This is a goal that we must meet if Ron Paul is to win the Republican nomination for President.

We all need to redouble our efforts. Please get us off to a great start this month by making your most generous donation now: https://www.ronpaul2008.com/donate

Then tell your friends, family - even people you don't know - about Ron Paul and our message of freedom. And don't forget to look for your name and watch Lady Liberty's torch light up after you make your donation: http://www.ronpaul2008.com

We only have one chance.

Jonathan Bydlak
Fundraising Director
Ron Paul 2008

mtmedlin
10-17-2007, 05:51 PM
I think it is pretty clear that it includes every cent raised, especially since it says
"the first campaign in history to disclose immediately every cent that is raised."

Sematary
10-17-2007, 05:52 PM
I think it is pretty clear that it includes every cent raised, especially since it says
"the first campaign in history to disclose immediately every cent that is raised."

How would you disclose "immediately" checks, money orders and cash?

kylejack
10-17-2007, 05:53 PM
How would you disclose "immediately" checks, money orders and cash?

Exactly...its all a big miscommunication. We'll see.

Sematary
10-17-2007, 05:54 PM
Exactly...its all a big miscommunication. We'll see.

Then, of course, there is the fact that RP graphs shows just over 6 mil for the quarter but they are saying 8 - which, if the 70-75% holds true, makes sense.

blamx8
10-17-2007, 06:05 PM
All those donors must be reported at the end of the quarter anyway so I imagine the info is being updated on a daily basis as it comes into the campaign office. I don't imagine that it would be too dificult to have three of four fields update the online tracker as each donation is entered for their fundraising reports.

aspiringconstitutionalist
10-24-2007, 07:48 PM
Has anyone emailed the official campaign to ask about this...?

aspiringconstitutionalist
10-25-2007, 01:36 PM
WHOA! Lady Liberty went from $1.7 mil last night to $2.2 mil today. Unless there was some huge money bomb today that nobody told me about, I think we have our answer. I'm assuming all the new money is from a bunch of offline donations that they entered into Lady Liberty earlier today.

So as far as I can tell, they are including offline donations, but they input chunks of offline donations into the counter sporadically a few times a month...?