PDA

View Full Version : Huckabee Endorses Rand for Senator of Alaska

BamaFanNKy
09-16-2010, 12:50 PM
http://www.huckpac.com/?Fuseaction=Blogs.View&Blog_id=3217&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

http://www.pageonekentucky.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/huckabee.jpg

sailingaway
09-16-2010, 12:52 PM
Um.

Miller might be a tad upset....

but at your link it looks like he changed it to Kentucky.

Nice to be winning and have everyone jump on board.

I like a lot of things about Huck, certainly more than Romney. However, I recall some pretty snide comments about libertarians 'taking over CPAC etc.'

Kotin
09-16-2010, 12:54 PM
Fail..

BamaFanNKy
09-16-2010, 12:55 PM
Rand is franchising!

TheDriver
09-16-2010, 12:58 PM
Staffer made a boo boo.

Look with unemployment at such high levels, let's just give this staffer a break, m-kay? :D

gls
09-16-2010, 01:21 PM
Um.
I like a lot of things about Huck, certainly more than Romney. However, I recall some pretty snide comments about libertarians 'taking over CPAC etc.'

Really? I like Romney much more than Huckabee and I consider Romney to be pure scum. Huckabee has exposed himself as a far-left liberal on economic and constitutional matters time and time again. The only reason he is a member of the GOP is because that is the party the "social conservatives" he constantly panders to choose to affiliate with.

I'm hoping that his pardon of that guy who went on to kill five police officers last year effectively ended Huckabee's career, but I'm probably being too optimistic.

sailingaway
09-16-2010, 01:23 PM
Really? I like Romney much more than Huckabee and I consider Romney to be pure scum. Huckabee has exposed himself as a far-left liberal on economic and constitutional matters time and time again. The only reason he is a member of the GOP is because that is the party the "social conservatives" he constantly panders to choose to affiliate with.

I'm hoping that his pardon of that guy who went on to kill five police officers last year effectively ended Huckabee's career, but I'm probably being too optimistic.

I must not know the Constitutional issues part, because I wouldn't tolerate that. I only looked into him a little, put a pin in him, and discovered Ron Paul. (End of story)

TheDriver
09-16-2010, 01:27 PM

He campaigns on ending the income tax and replacing it with the fair tax.

Whether you like the fair tax or not, you have to like ending the income tax, so that probably works with some economic conservatives.

Matt Collins
09-16-2010, 01:34 PM
Toady is the day that Ron Pauk gets the Huck endorsement.

thomas-in-ky
09-16-2010, 01:53 PM
If I ever run into a Huckabee fan that's leaning for Conway (prob. = 0.000001), I can use this endorsement to pull him/her into Rand's camp. LOL.

Jordan
09-16-2010, 01:57 PM
This endorsement isn't for Rand's benefit, it's for Huck's.

sailingaway
09-16-2010, 01:59 PM

Well, yeah. Who WOULD he endorse at this point, the Democrat? Tea Parties suddenly are being given credit for clout and every establishment type is racing to grab hold of the shirttail of some tea party candidate, for cover in the future.

Haley Barbour's seems to mostly be putting up a link to donate to HIS pac using Rand's name which I hope means the money comes to Rand, since a google news search turns up Haley's donation link, but not Rand's campaign link....

LibertyEagle
09-16-2010, 01:59 PM
this endorsement isn't for rand's benefit, it's for huck's.

bingo

TheDriver
09-16-2010, 02:01 PM

Huck is huge in Kentucky.

He was just on the local news the other night talking about some big convention next year in Kentucky.

This will help Rand.

It would help if Huck came and did an event for him!

sailingaway
09-16-2010, 02:02 PM

He was just on the local news the other night talking about some big convention next year in Kentucky.

This will help Rand.

What is Kentucky going to think about Huck thinking Rand is from Alaska?

Aratus
09-16-2010, 02:04 PM
i can only imagine! my new england area advice to mr. huckabee is that he should not quit his fox tv day job prematurely!

TheDriver
09-16-2010, 02:09 PM
What is Kentucky going to think about Huck thinking Rand is from Alaska?

That won't be the local news headline, that's the liberal headline in la la land.

When it runs on the local news it will be former governor and presidential candidate Mike Huckabee - who came in second in the 2008 republican primary for president in Kentucky - has endorsed Rand Paul for Kentucky's US Senate seat.
:cool:

Aratus
09-16-2010, 02:11 PM
ms. sarah palin went to louisville today!
like did someone get a tad confused???

sailingaway
09-16-2010, 02:13 PM
ms. sarah palin went to louisville today!
like did someone get a tad confused???

She takes Alaska with her wherever she goes, like a state of mind?

Galileo Galilei
09-16-2010, 02:15 PM

This will help Rand.

Huckabee to campaign for Rand Paul!

Politico's Morning Score says Mike Huckabee is expected to visit the state later this month to campaign for Rand Paul and House candidate, Todd Lally.

http://www.gop12.com/2010/09/huckabee-to-campaign-for-rand-paul.html

In other words, Mike Huckabee has now quit the NWO. Rats are getting off the sinking ship!

sailingaway
09-16-2010, 02:27 PM
Huckabee to campaign for Rand Paul!

Politico's Morning Score says Mike Huckabee is expected to visit the state later this month to campaign for Rand Paul and House candidate, Todd Lally.

http://www.gop12.com/2010/09/huckabee-to-campaign-for-rand-paul.html

In other words, Mike Huckabee has now quit the NWO. Rats are getting off the sinking ship!

Or he is just trying to get Ron/Rand paul supporters to support him in 2012, or at least to mute the Palin effect. Remember that only the Pauls draw independents in nationwide polls.

Galileo Galilei
09-16-2010, 03:01 PM
Or he is just trying to get Ron/Rand paul supporters to support him in 2012, or at least to mute the Palin effect. Remember that only the Pauls draw independents in nationwide polls.

He might be trying that, too. More likely, he is becoming influenced by the ideas of Ron and Rand Paul.

RonPaulFanInGA
09-16-2010, 03:07 PM
He might be trying that, too. More likely, he is becoming influenced by the ideas of Ron and Rand Paul.

Or more likely than that: Huckabee (and anyone else thinking of running in 2012) is going to support every GOP candidate for Senate. Be they moderate (Carly Fiorina), conservative (Ron Johnson) or very conservative (Mike Lee).

Agorism
09-16-2010, 04:59 PM
Huckster is confused.

rich34
09-16-2010, 05:15 PM
Any chance we get a campign visit from his daddy Ron Paul? This should help Ron's exposure in Kentucky as well and hopefully help Rand with the independent crowd.

Galileo Galilei
09-16-2010, 05:20 PM
Any chance we get a campign visit from his daddy Ron Paul? This should help Ron's exposure in Kentucky as well and hopefully help Rand with the independent crowd.

and it would shore up the restless natives.

ScotTX
09-16-2010, 08:27 PM
Huck's Army must be sooo disappointed.:p

LadyBastiat
09-16-2010, 11:20 PM
Um.

Miller might be a tad upset....

but at your link it looks like he changed it to Kentucky.

Nice to be winning and have everyone jump on board.

I can't stand Huckabee. I liked him some at first because his mannerism puts you off guard. However, when he did that commercial for Christmas with the "cross" in the background and then denied it was on purpose I lost all respect for him.

Although this isn't really a reason to dislike Huckabee per se, when the home schoolers announced their concerted support for him it really rubbed me wrong. My first introduction to Ron Paul was an article in support of home schooling. I found it mildly ironic I suppose.

Matt Collins
09-16-2010, 11:23 PM
Prolly not. Ron can be divisive (in the minds of many) which is not what Rand needs right now.

rich34
09-17-2010, 06:35 AM
Prolly not. Ron can be divisive (in the minds of many) which is not what Rand needs right now.

I agree and no what you're saying, but one would think that with both Palin and Huckabee coming in to support Rand that would pretty much seal up the social conservative and the wanna be less government crowd that follows Palin. Imo, a visit from Ron would seal the deal so to speak and may get Rand some more money from Ron's more hardcore supporters. But I trust the campaign knows best.