PDA

View Full Version : What is the Tea Party?

Warrior_of_Freedom
09-16-2010, 12:25 PM
I've been confused ever since. I thought the whole thing started when people were doing that mock Tea Party dressing up as Native Americans and throwing boxes overboard which coincided with the Ron Paul liberty movement. Is the Campaign For Liberty and the Tea Party two separate things or loosely the same thing?

Also, so I don't spam the forum with another topic, what can we do to battle people like Palin from misrepresenting us?

wizardwatson
09-16-2010, 01:06 PM
I've been confused ever since. I thought the whole thing started when people were doing that mock Tea Party dressing up as Native Americans and throwing boxes overboard which coincided with the Ron Paul liberty movement. Is the Campaign For Liberty and the Tea Party two separate things or loosely the same thing?

Also, so I don't spam the forum with another topic, what can we do to battle people like Palin from misrepresenting us?

The Campaign for Liberty is what the Ron Paul 2008 campaign turned into. The "Tea Party" movement was started by Ron Paul supporters but quickly became a label that the conservative right latched onto, though there's definitely still the "fed up" aspect of the Ron Paul movement within it.

As far as battling people like Palin misrepresenting "us". Well, "us" needs to get our shit together and actually make waves. Right now nothing is really happening aside from Tea Party political activity.

Of course C4L and Ron Paul/John Tate keep sending emails about "how far we've come" and "how great we're doing" so I don't know. Everything still looks pretty dismal from my perspective.