PDA

View Full Version : Is the RNC serious? No love for Dennis

devil21
09-16-2010, 02:23 AM
Just got this email from Michael Steele:

Dear Me,

"Need a job? Fire Pelosi!"

That's the message emblazoned on the big red bus that will be crisscrossing America on our 115+ city Fire Pelosi Bus Tour. The bus will be rolling into cities and towns that are home to the most competitive Congressional races, raising the alarm about the dangerous Pelosi/Reid/Obama agenda and helping activists and donors like you to be part of the coming wave in November to Fire Pelosi and Retire Reid.

We all have friends and loved ones who have been personally hurt by Democrat economic malpractice. Can their kids afford another two years with Mom or Dad out of work? Can small business owners survive another two years with Pelosi and Reid in charge of the Congress, rubber-stamping Obama's job-killing, economy-choking war on American prosperity?

You can help them and millions of Americans just like them. You can be part of the Revolution brewing in November by enlisting in the grassroots groundswell. The Fire Pelosi Bus Tour will be rallying voters, raising funds and attention for commonsense Republican candidates and signing up volunteers for the critical phone-banking and get-out-the-vote ground-game that will be the difference between victory and defeat on Election Day.

There's never been an opportunity like the one we have now to bring real change to Washington -- change that will help restore American strength at home and abroad. That's why the bus is rolling through so many cities from coast-to-coast. It's the best way to get our conservative message out to voters, and bring the fundraising and logistical help all of our candidates and local parties need to win in November.

Will you join the Revolution? Will you help America Fire Pelosi?

You can help fill the gas tank of the Fire Pelosi bus with a contribution of $25, $50, $100, $500, or more and power the bus all the way to the next competitive Congressional district on the Fire Pelosi tour.

America's future hangs in the balance. Will you be able to say that you did all you could do to pass on the strong, prosperous and free America to the next generation that you inherited? We've made it easy. Go here to contribute. Go here to volunteer your time and enthusiasm to the cause.

Together, we can put America back to work and Fire Pelosi!

Sincerely,
Michael Steele
RNC Chairman

The RNC wants money to "Fire Pelosi" yet doesn't mention John Dennis, the Republican running against her. Also notice the "Revolution" reference....
The RNC sucks. They haven't learned a thing since 2008. I emailed them my displeasure. You should too. There's a contact link on the Donate website.

Aratus
09-16-2010, 08:28 AM
the immediate thing is to have people KNOWING its john dennis who has taken on speaker Pelosi...

Matt Collins
09-16-2010, 08:45 AM
Pelosi is a demagogue. Her seat is safe.

Travlyr
09-16-2010, 08:55 AM
Pelosi is a demagogue. Her seat is safe.

Because the RNC wants it that way? I mean seriously... a plug for John Dennis is in order here.

Aratus
09-16-2010, 08:56 AM
matt collins... there are NO safe seats this year for incumbants!

MRoCkEd
09-16-2010, 08:58 AM
They mean fire her from her speaker position by taking the majority.

Jeremy
09-16-2010, 09:00 AM
matt collins... there are NO safe seats this year for incumbants!

Prove it.

Aratus
09-16-2010, 09:01 AM
give me six weeks

Brian4Liberty
09-16-2010, 10:12 AM
They mean fire her from her speaker position by taking the majority.

Yeah, that's what they mean. But a mention of Dennis might be in order! They just don't want any funds going his way.

And like O'Donnell, they are probably still pissed that he beat the neo-con in the Primary (although they aren't too mad, as they believe it is unwinnable, as do most people). There's always a chance though.

acptulsa
09-16-2010, 10:19 AM
They haven't learned a thing since 2008...

...except how to look and sound like us.

Now if only they could learn to smell like us. But so long as they can't live without caviar, there will always be the taint of corruption riding the air about them.

Imperial
09-16-2010, 01:07 PM
Yeah, that's what they mean. But a mention of Dennis might be in order! They just don't want any funds going his way.

And like O'Donnell, they are probably still pissed that he beat the neo-con in the Primary (although they aren't too mad, as they believe it is unwinnable, as do most people). There's always a chance though.

There is a difference between Delaware and CA-08. Mike Castle knew how to work voters and campaign; Dana Walsh ran one of the weakest campaigns in history.

AuH2O
09-16-2010, 01:46 PM
This isn't a John Dennis fundraiser, it's an RNC fundraiser. They're using Pelosi to get people revved up, and then plan to use the money in a winnable race, no doubt.

Brian4Liberty
09-16-2010, 01:51 PM
There is a difference between Delaware and CA-08. Mike Castle knew how to work voters and campaign; Dana Walsh ran one of the weakest campaigns in history.

Yeah, if they thought is was winnable they would bring in some establishment person (much higher ranking than Walsh) to run in the GOP Primary. Maybe a failed CEO from some local company... :rolleyes:

RonPaulFanInGA
09-16-2010, 02:11 PM
hXXp://hotair.com/archives/2010/09/13/blogger-sure-is-going-to-miss-these-freaky-deaky-ads-after-the-election/

This one’s for John Dennis, a.k.a. Nancy Pelosi’s Republican challenger. If you’re wondering whether he stands a chance, well, since 1990 Madam Speaker hasn’t received less than 71 percent of the vote in her district — and the year she ran that “badly,” it was because Cindy Sheehan peeled a bunch of hard-hard-left liberals from her. (The Republican candidate finished a distant third.) In fact, in the glorious year of 1994, Pelosi won … 82/18. As things stand, the only question here is whether the big red wave will wash into her district and knock her below 70.

CableNewsJunkie
09-16-2010, 02:56 PM
I think there's a nice opportunity for John Dennis to use the article below to breathe new life into his campaign (in addition to the Wizard of Oz ad). He can spin it into campaign GOLD if he's smart, and it will help cause a huge ruckus within Democrat ranks if he echoes the words of Brett Carter.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20100916/GALLATIN01/100916024/6th-District-Democratic-candidate-asks-Pelosi-to-step-down-

"Democratic District 6 Congressional candidate Brett Carter is asking U.S. House of Representatives Speaker Nancy Pelosi to step aside for the good of Democratic candidates."

Imperial
09-16-2010, 04:47 PM
I think there's a nice opportunity for John Dennis to use the article below to breathe new life into his campaign (in addition to the Wizard of Oz ad). He can spin it into campaign GOLD if he's smart, and it will help cause a huge ruckus within Democrat ranks if he echoes the words of Brett Carter.

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20100916/GALLATIN01/100916024/6th-District-Democratic-candidate-asks-Pelosi-to-step-down-

"Democratic District 6 Congressional candidate Brett Carter is asking U.S. House of Representatives Speaker Nancy Pelosi to step aside for the good of Democratic candidates."

That is a really good idea! There are a bunch of candidates who are afraid to associate with Pelosi and refuse to answer if they will vote for her as speaker. It could be an ad with a map, with congressmen or democratic candidates who refuse to reveal or already say they won't for nancy pelosi as speaker. Then John Dennis comes in near the end saying he won't either.

acptulsa
09-29-2010, 01:33 PM
Then John Dennis comes in near the end saying he won't either.

That statement is just as obviously true as it is meaningless. The guy running against Pelosi, if he defeats her and assumes her seat, will not vote for her for leadership of the institution she is no longer a part of. Never would have guessed.

Imperial
09-29-2010, 03:46 PM
That statement is just as obviously true as it is meaningless. The guy running against Pelosi, if he defeats her and assumes her seat, will not vote for her for leadership of the institution she is no longer a part of. Never would have guessed.

It gives unity to the ad. You don't want to just go negative on Pelosi without giving your candidate some name recognition.

Aratus
10-03-2010, 11:57 AM
why oh why is the RNC totally ignoring john dennis???
you'd think the easiest way to more than semi-retire
ms. nancy pelosi is found up in the 'frisco area district.
why go to the other 49 states in the union if one is very
angry at ANYTHING rep. pelosi did over her long career?

Aratus
10-07-2010, 11:53 AM
matt collins...

there are NO safe seats
this year for incumbants!

Prove it.

give me six weeks

i now think that after seeing sharron angle's four point lead over harry reid
that john dennis will either be two to three points ahead of or behind
nancy pelosi. i was wrong when i tossed out a 5 to 10 point lead.

Live_Free_Or_Die
10-07-2010, 11:58 AM
...except how to look and sound like us.

Now if only they could learn to smell like us. But so long as they can't live without caviar, there will always be the taint of corruption riding the air about them.

Agreement means I get to type less. +1 :D

Inflation
10-08-2010, 03:15 AM
Because the RNC wants it that way?

Of course the RNC wants to keep Pelosi in office.

Her Obamacare bill restored the RNC's fortunes when they were almost gone.

Pelsosi and Obama are the RNC's best fundraisers, and keep the Cons on the GOP reservation.

libertarian4321
10-08-2010, 04:52 AM
i now think that after seeing sharron angle's four point lead over harry reid
that john dennis will either be two to three points ahead of or behind
nancy pelosi. i was wrong when i tossed out a 5 to 10 point lead.

Do you folks ever look at the demographics of a district before making these nutty predictions? Have you looked at Pelosi's district?

Nancy Pelosi is not going to lose, period. You can bet the mortgage money on that.

She could get caught on TV sodomizing a kitten with a dildo in front of a sold out crowd during half time at Candlestick Park, and she'd still beat ANY Republican by 15 points, minimum.

To put it in perspective, John McCain got 12% of the vote in that district in 2008. Twelve freakin' percent!

The lowest percentage Pelosi ever got was 72% in 2008, and that's only because liberal darling Cindy Sheehan ran against her as an independent and got 17%, the Republican only got 9%.

John Dennis doesn't matter. It doesn't matter what he says, what he does, how much money he raises, or how much Ron Paul Forums members (who don't live in that district) like him.

No Republican will win in that district.

No Republican will even be remotely competitive in that district.

Sorry to rain on the parade, folks- just thought someone should toss a little reality into the discussion.

Working Poor
10-08-2010, 05:44 AM
Just think how getting John elected would piss both parties off it is such a great concept.

Aratus
10-09-2010, 11:53 AM
raese in W.Va has a two point lead in one of the polls over governor manchin.
this is robert byrd's seat that they are running for, and even though the "cattle call"
ham actor tv ad that was shot in philly may haunt the GOP and clip raese by 2 or 3 points
this merrie month, IMOHO this normally Democratic RINO/DINO centrist "yellow dog" dixi~crat
stronghold is yielding like king canute to the rising tide of tea party + GOP high hopes!
frisco cannot be totally isolated. all narrowcasting data of the last decade is bunk!

Aratus
10-31-2010, 10:50 AM
this race is going to be awfully darn close in three days time and the RNC could have made it much
closer even to fractions of one percent and the equivilency of dangling chads! why run against
nancy pelosi in 49 states of the union save for setting in motion a ton of political negatives
that could trunctuate a political run like that of hillary clinton? if the RNC was consistent, they
could have backed JOHN DENNIS to the hilt as they slammed poor speaker pelosi nation-wide!!!

jmdrake
10-31-2010, 08:28 PM
this race is going to be awfully darn close in three days time and the RNC could have made it much
closer even to fractions of one percent and the equivilency of dangling chads! why run against
nancy pelosi in 49 states of the union save for setting in motion a ton of political negatives
that could trunctuate a political run like that of hillary clinton? if the RNC was consistent, they
could have backed JOHN DENNIS to the hilt as they slammed poor speaker pelosi nation-wide!!!

Cause the RNC sucks. With all the talk from Michael Steele about "micro targeting in all congressional races" they still pick and choose. And John Dennis scares the hell out of them. Rand at least "talks the talk" they want to hear (but hopefully he won't walk the walk). And no, the establishment didn't want Rand either, but he had an early lead against Conway they couldn't ignore.

That said, I expect John Dennis to get with 5 to 10 points of Pelosi. Yes the demographics work against him, but his positions on the issues play will to that demographic. On some key issues he's more in line with Pelosi's constituents than Pelosi is. If John Dennis beats the "point spread" from 1 year ago, he still wins. If how close Dennis gets to beating Pelosi becomes a national story, that will be a great springboard for Ron Paul 2012. We need to be ready to light up the radio talk shows, liberal and conservative, to point that out.

Dripping Rain
10-31-2010, 11:01 PM
Do you folks ever look at the demographics of a district before making these nutty predictions? Have you looked at Pelosi's district?

Nancy Pelosi is not going to lose, period. You can bet the mortgage money on that.

She could get caught on TV sodomizing a kitten with a dildo in front of a sold out crowd during half time at Candlestick Park, and she'd still beat ANY Republican by 15 points, minimum.

To put it in perspective, John McCain got 12% of the vote in that district in 2008. Twelve freakin' percent!

The lowest percentage Pelosi ever got was 72% in 2008, and that's only because liberal darling Cindy Sheehan ran against her as an independent and got 17%, the Republican only got 9%.

John Dennis doesn't matter. It doesn't matter what he says, what he does, how much money he raises, or how much Ron Paul Forums members (who don't live in that district) like him.

No Republican will win in that district.

No Republican will even be remotely competitive in that district.

Sorry to rain on the parade, folks- just thought someone should toss a little reality into the discussion.

as much as id like to let out my anger at you I think you make rational level headed argument.

Aratus
11-01-2010, 10:19 AM
jimdrake... a wave will be sent out of kentucky, even if david adams's tweet is pure optimism!!!!!!!
expect RAND to be easily above 55% of the vote, and any GOP surge here hands GOP west coast
people 5% on top of the normal 5 to 10 point nationwide edge for the GOP! i have been saying that
the early polls of JOHN DENNIS will bear no california resemblence to what the election will be!!!!!!!!!!!

Aratus
11-03-2010, 11:12 AM
I FEEL I MUST PUBLICALLY APOLOGISE FOR NOT EVEN BEING CLOSE TO Ms. NANCY PELOSI's EVENTUAL VOTE TOTALs!

I HOPE JOHN DENNIS RUNs FOR PUBLIC OFFICE AGAIN! FRISCO ANd THE BAY STATES WENT NEAR TO TOTAL BLUE...

Aratus
11-03-2010, 11:14 AM
N.E me sensing JERRY BROWN having at least 5 solid points over CEO MEG
is evidently not the same thing as knowing 'frisco... full and totally well!!!!

Aratus
11-03-2010, 11:15 AM
i admit i was way, way off about what was going to happen in san francisco...

libertarian4321
11-03-2010, 05:10 PM
I FEEL I MUST PUBLICALLY APOLOGISE FOR NOT EVEN BEING CLOSE TO Ms. NANCY PELOSI's EVENTUAL VOTE TOTALs!

I HOPE JOHN DENNIS RUNs FOR PUBLIC OFFICE AGAIN! FRISCO ANd THE BAY STATES WENT NEAR TO TOTAL BLUE...

I knew he was going to get creamed, but even I thought he'd do better than the "generic" Republican 12-15% in that district.

I thought he'd top 20% for sure, and probably hit 25%, besting the previous Republican high of 18%.

On a tough night, I guess the liberals chose to rally around their leader.

Aratus
11-04-2010, 09:05 AM
if i say to JOHN DENNIS's people i expected JERRY BROWN to pull ahead of eBay's CEO MEG and stay
that way despite the $160 million plus she was spending as the last two weeks had their own crazy
"heartbreak hill" phase for the entire state of california, as i apologize for being way off in the way i
thought frisco would go, i must glom onto what barney frank said about one of our papers here, namely
the Boston Herald, and how they talked up people like sean bielat as well as charlie baker, and how our
GOP got hopeful after scott brown's win. i failed to keep in mind that many of the campaign people in 2008
who went to ohio had traveled there from the bay state let alone Frisco, and that the bay area ALSO has
intact a solid & functional Democratic machine... that purrs! the DNC knows better than to run nancy pelosi
elsewhere than san francisco! i do infer that she will most likely avoid a white house run and she may
indeed sit back & watch the poor guy from ohio being in a position more thankless than hers was now!