PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul on CNN just said that...

TXcarlosTX
09-15-2010, 08:22 PM
Keynesianism is dead!!!

rprprs
09-15-2010, 08:37 PM
Anyone hear Eliot Spitzer afterward? :mad:

QueenB4Liberty
09-15-2010, 08:38 PM
Well, it is.

TXcarlosTX
09-15-2010, 08:39 PM

No. What did he say?

Wolverine302
09-15-2010, 08:39 PM
he blames the recession on libertarian thought basically, deregulation

rprprs
09-15-2010, 08:40 PM
No. What did he say?

That Ron was dead wrong and that it was libertarian policies that were dead. :(

QueenB4Liberty
09-15-2010, 08:43 PM
That Ron was dead wrong and that it was libertarian policies that were dead. :(

I don't think we've ever had libertarian policies.

speciallyblend
09-15-2010, 08:44 PM
I don't think we've ever had libertarian policies.

exactly what i was thinking.

Kludge
09-15-2010, 08:45 PM
Keynesianism may be in the process of being "purified," not necessarily dying.

Was Keynes a Keynesian?

"Would John Maynard Keynes himself even agree with the perpetual deficit-spending that has been going on for the past 40 years in America?

It is my opinion that if his theories had worked as planned, the US would have emerged from the Great Depression perhaps in a few years, three or four at most. Anytime it takes 10 years of massive government spending to “get out” of a recession, I believe that perhaps something else probably could have done it better and quicker.

However, based on some recent reading and re-reading of Sir Keynes’ writings, I have come to the conclusion that Mr. Keynes might be getting a bad rap nowadays. It seems as if even he would have to be uncomfortable at the very least with being tagged as the “main reason” why we have run annual deficits for 47 of the past 50 years."

More @ [/URL][URL]http://dailycaller.com/2010/09/10/was-keynes-a-keynesian/ (http://dailycaller.com/2010/09/10/was-keynes-a-keynesian/)

oyarde
09-15-2010, 08:47 PM

Yes

Bruno
09-15-2010, 08:50 PM
Spitzer lost all credibility with those comments.

oyarde
09-15-2010, 08:50 PM

Would anyone take Spitzer serious ? Could they not get Feingold or a Vampire ? :)

PatriotOne
09-15-2010, 08:55 PM
Keynesianism is dead!!!

When and where is the funeral? I need closure :cool:

TCE
09-15-2010, 08:57 PM
The results are dead, because they never existed, but Keynesianism is still the dominant thought process right now. It is taught in Economics classics as the only model. Heck, I'm in Econ right now and we have to study and memorize the Keynesian Model.

speciallyblend
09-15-2010, 08:59 PM
When and where is the funeral? I need closure :cool:

well if Ron paul doesn't secure the gop nomination for 2012. I would suspect a good funeral location would be the gop convention in florida!!

Dreamofunity
09-15-2010, 09:00 PM
The results are dead, because they never existed, but Keynesianism is still the dominant thought process right now. It is taught in Economics classics as the only model. Heck, I'm in Econ right now and we have to study and memorize the Keynesian Model.

We're doing the Keynesian Cross this whole week in intermediate macro.

TCE
09-15-2010, 09:06 PM
We're doing the Keynesian Cross this whole week in intermediate macro.

Don't you just want to scream out every second that it's all bull? I know I do. He gave a 10 minute lecture on why there needs to be government-controlled monopolies and that they're good for the economy, and how free markets have an unbelievable amount of flaws. Ugh...at least it's a cakewalk.

Nate-ForLiberty
09-15-2010, 09:08 PM
Keynesianism is dead!!!

chop of it's head!! ZOMBIES!!! ZOMBIEEEES!!!

speciallyblend
09-15-2010, 09:10 PM
Don't you just want to scream out every second that it's all bull? I know I do. He gave a 10 minute lecture on why there needs to be government-controlled monopolies and that they're good for the economy, and how free markets have an unbelievable amount of flaws. Ugh...at least it's a cakewalk.

why not debate him? call him out in his class! i sure as hell would!!! not that i am an expert in economics!

QueenB4Liberty
09-15-2010, 09:12 PM

wow, I'm sorry. That reminds me of my government professor I had while in college. Statist bastard.

Bruno
09-15-2010, 09:16 PM
The interview is replaying right now on CNN

Uriel999
09-15-2010, 09:16 PM
If I was Ron Paul I would have just started pointing and laughing at Spitzer and call him a fucking tool.

rprprs
09-15-2010, 09:25 PM
If I was Ron Paul I would have just started pointing and laughing at Spitzer and call him a fucking tool.

Well, they were on in two separate segments, so they didn't have the opportunity to interact. Otherwise, I'm SURE Ron would have done just that. :eek:

TCE
09-15-2010, 09:29 PM
why not debate him? call him out in his class! i sure as hell would!!! not that i am an expert in economics!

I tried, he is pretty old and anytime I say anything, he'll just repeat himself and then go back to whatever he was talking about. This Neo-Con in my class kept trying him and it was to no avail. I get to do nothing in that class and it's fine. I can't skip it because he takes attendance on random days.

AdamT
09-15-2010, 09:40 PM
Tube?

Dreamofunity
09-15-2010, 09:45 PM

The first day of class my teacher said out of no where something to the effect that this wasn't the class to debate Austrian theory, she was just there to teach us the current macro theory, which involves the Keynesian models.

I was shocked to hear Austrians mentioned by name, but I'll respect her wishes.

That said, it bugs the hell out of me. She keeps mentioning the aspects (C+I+G) independently, as if they have no affect on the other. She would say how government spending increases GDP and output and affects the IS curve, but makes no correlation that the money has to be paid for (increased taxes, less consumption, eventually higher interest rates) or borrowed. So because an increase in government spending increases overall demand and output, its good, irregardless of its secondary effects which don't get mentioned in correlation.

/end rant.

Bman
09-15-2010, 09:46 PM
Spitzer is an idiot, and I have a crush on Dana Loesch.

heavenlyboy34
09-15-2010, 09:47 PM

I agree, as long as one knows what he is talking about. My profs didn't mind when I disagreed because I had good reasons for it. :cool:

free1
09-15-2010, 09:55 PM
Spitzer is an idiot

They all tried to educate the idiot, but he just doesn't seem to get it.

Everyone making sense all around him and this one guy is just living on his own planet.

The only reason I can think of is somehow he makes lots of money with the "system" the way it is. He keeps saying how things as they are are somehow "the norm" and if you are a freedom loving American who believes in the principals of the founders, you are way off base and it will never work.

There has to be a profit motive to what he's doing, I can smell it. No real hard working American would think like this guy does.

Immortal Technique
09-15-2010, 10:04 PM
YouTube - Ron Paul: "Were In Revolutionary Times" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjTwoHl7e6s)

speciallyblend
09-15-2010, 10:07 PM
They all tried to educate the idiot, but he just doesn't seem to get it

yeah, This is how i saw it! Spitzer looked foolish sure makes me feel smarter:)

Bruno
09-15-2010, 10:11 PM
The first day of class my teacher said out of no where something to the effect that this wasn't the class to debate Austrian theory, she was just there to teach us the current macro theory, which involves the Keynesian models.

I was shocked to hear Austrians mentioned by name, but I'll respect her wishes.

That said, it bugs the hell out of me. She keeps mentioning the aspects (C+I+G) independently, as if they have no affect on the other. She would say how government spending increases GDP and output and affects the IS curve, but makes no correlation that the money has to be paid for (increased taxes, less consumption, eventually higher interest rates) or borrowed. So because an increase in government spending increases overall demand and output, its good, irregardless of its secondary effects which don't get mentioned in correlation.

/end rant.

thanks for the rant, it was educational.

freshjiva
09-15-2010, 10:18 PM
Good interview.

Dammit, Ron, just announce. Please.

God, I can't wait till our first moneybomb. We will break records and send a strong message to the establishment that the original Tea Party Liberty movement is back and stronger than ever.

Working Poor
09-15-2010, 10:28 PM
WOW Ron sounded like he is feeling rather energized. I can go to bed now.

sailingaway
09-15-2010, 10:40 PM

So if libertarian ideas are dead, what about all those tea party candidates including Rand? Why just popping up now?

If Castle, and Murkowski, and Bennet and Grayson et al were libertarians, that would be one thing, but the closest thing to libertarian economic thought being offered to voters is what they are fighting for now.

However difficult that may be for those whose interests are buttered by other philosophies to accept.

Kregisen
09-15-2010, 11:24 PM
Ron was amazing in that interview. He said everything perfectly....definitely one of his better interviews.

libertybrewcity
09-15-2010, 11:39 PM
"But I didn't have to compromise my principles" *smile*

LOVE IT.

BuddyRey
09-16-2010, 12:54 AM
Great interview!