PDA

View Full Version : College loan default rates rise, report says

Matt Collins
09-15-2010, 03:00 PM
http://dailycaller.com/2010/09/13/college-loan-default-rates-rise-report-says/

Stary Hickory
09-15-2010, 04:20 PM
Well I am paying mine off and sometimes i wonder why I bother. I just refuse to be another scumbag leeching off everyone around me. I will pay this debt off even if they forgive all college debt. I owe the money and I will pay it.

Fr3shjive
09-15-2010, 04:32 PM
What really gets me is why more people dont go to community colleges for the first two years? Its too damn expensive to go to a university for 4 years.

teamrican1
09-15-2010, 04:42 PM
Well I am paying mine off and sometimes i wonder why I bother. I just refuse to be another scumbag leeching off everyone around me. I will pay this debt off even if they forgive all college debt. I owe the money and I will pay it.

Or you could look at it as your tax dollars have been used to pay off Wall Street's debts and the debts of everyone who bought a house they couldn't afford, so why isn't your tax money being used to pay off your debt. That's sort of the one good thing about the current environment. The decisions our political leaders have made have pretty much undermined the entire system. If JP Morgan doesn't have to pay off his debts, why the hell should you?

Fox McCloud
09-15-2010, 04:46 PM
If JP Morgan doesn't have to pay off his debts, why the hell should you?

because two wrongs don't make a right, whether you think within the Christian or libertarian mindset.

dannno
09-15-2010, 04:50 PM
because two wrongs don't make a right, whether you think within the Christian or libertarian mindset.

But the money is just going to the evil enemy who is practically extorting it from us should we choose to live in society (pretty hard NOT to nowadays, if you live with a small group of people off the grid they tend to like to send in the tanks)

dannno
09-15-2010, 04:52 PM
When you take out a loan and promise to pay the money back or else default on the loan, it is not dishonest to default on the loan. That is part of the contract, you are allowed to default. You have every right and no moral obligation to pay it back.

It is no different than having a contract that if you sell 100 units it costs $5/each and if you sell 1,000 units it costs $4/each. It isn't dishonest to engage in any options within the contract.

dannno
09-15-2010, 04:55 PM
Now if you loan your friend $500 and they promise to pay it back, then it would be dishonest if they did not.

QueenB4Liberty
09-15-2010, 05:07 PM

Me too. Of course, it will suck if by the time I pay mine off everyone else's is forgiven, but at least I'll have the pride of paying it off myself.

Matthew Zak
09-15-2010, 05:20 PM
I had to borrow money to eat last week, and my student loan people are calling me every day asking for a minimum of several hundred dollars. I told them I was a blown tire away from being homeless, and I will do everything I can to avoid being homeless, and that I was sorry I couldn't pull $650 out of my ass.

:( :( :( :(

I work full time as it is, and I have an interview for a second part time job on monday.

LibertyVox
09-15-2010, 05:23 PM
I had to borrow money to eat last week, and my student loan people are calling me every day asking for a minimum of several hundred dollars. I told them I was a blown tire away from being homeless, and I will do everything I can to avoid being homeless, and that I was sorry I couldn't pull $650 out of my ass.

I work full time as it is, and I have an interview for a second part time job on monday.

:(

Hang in there man.

And don't mind Matt Collins, he feeds off of misery for the sake of his agenda :D.

QueenB4Liberty
09-15-2010, 07:32 PM

How much money do you make? :( I mean what do you do? I'm sorry though.