PDA

View Full Version : Putting Your Money Where My Mouth Is

ronpaulhawaii
09-15-2010, 02:53 PM
I have long been encouraging down-ticket races, so figure I should be working on one... I'm heading to NC to help Glen and need your help to raise $220 for travel costs.

[Edit - Goal has been exceeded, you guys rock! Chip in link removed, please donate directly to Glen (http://glenbradley.net/node/17) and help spread the word for the moneybomb. Thanks everyone :) ]

I plan on using my facebook and private lists to raise money directly for Glen’s campaign. This chip-in is to help offset estimates of $140 gas, $60 room night, $20 incidentals/tolls/etc. I am driving through the midwest right now, on my way to NYC to give a short speech at LibertyFest. The organizers there have committed to reimbursing some expenses, so these funds will carry us through to NC.

As most of you know, I have spent the last three years heavily campaigning on a wing and a prayer. While I have done much on my own dime, (and have plans that may solve the money problem for more than just myself), right now, I could use your help. If you can spare a few bucks, know someone who can, or just simply bump this thread, you have my deep gratitude.

the r3VOLution continues.

KCIndy
09-15-2010, 02:57 PM
I am driving through the midwest right now, on my way to NYC to give a short speech at LibertyFest.

http://michael4rpr.chipin.com/travel-to-nc-for-gotv

You're in the Midwest? Where, roughly? :)

DirtMcGirt
09-15-2010, 03:00 PM
Sending in the big guns!!!

Hell yeah:)

Description Unit price Qty Amount
Contribution to Travel to NC for GOTV by Ron Paul Riders (Grassroots) ()
$10.00 USD 1 $10.00 USD
Insurance: ----
Total: $10.00 USD

angelatc
09-15-2010, 03:05 PM
Driving? DRIVING?!? Since when does RPH drive?

newyearsrevolution08
09-15-2010, 03:11 PM
I personally would look at it like this

if I can't afford something then I don't buy it versus asking others for handouts

kind of like how we have been complaining about our federal government

I get the raising funds for an actual campaign but "my opinion" is simple

sure I would love to travel across the states speaking about constitutionalist views and opinions as well but aint going to ask others to foot the dime for it.

just my opinion though,

just look at the wasted money in a blimp, sending ol ladies in their rv and asking people to pay for gas, lodging, fixing it and a million other non productive efforts that amounted to NADA in the last campaign run.

new strategies are needed versus footin bills for some ron paul type people to be able to go to events.

just my opinion though, take it for what it is

Kotin
09-15-2010, 03:13 PM
Transaction ID: 1GV504967J947972X

dropped you 40$

good luck.. if you need a bit more to get you over the top let me know! this is a great investment.

newyearsrevolution08
09-15-2010, 03:15 PM
I just wish there wouldn't be a need for someone to leave a solid district to have to go elsewhere to campaign for a possible candidate.

Why can't the candidate raise LOCAL support which would be far more beneficial than sending in outsiders to tell them what would work best for them.

angelatc
09-15-2010, 03:16 PM

just look at the wasted money in a blimp, sending ol ladies in their rv and asking people to pay for gas, lodging, fixing it and a million other non productive efforts that amounted to NADA in the last campaign run.

:rolleyes: I'm in for $17.76.

phill4paul
09-15-2010, 03:17 PM

if I can't afford something then I don't buy it versus asking others for handouts

sure I would love to travel across the states speaking about constitutionalist views and opinions as well but aint going to ask others to foot the dime for it.

just my opinion though,

new strategies are needed versus footin bills for some ron paul type people to be able to go to events.

17.87 to Gunny on Fri. Same to you RPH! You've been in the trenches enough that your experience is worth a few beans of mine. When you coming?

ronpaulhawaii
09-15-2010, 03:46 PM
You're in the Midwest? Where, roughly? :)

On Rt 64 in South Illinois.

Sending in the big guns!!!

Hell yeah:)

Description Unit price Qty Amount
Contribution to Travel to NC for GOTV by Ron Paul Riders (Grassroots) ()
$10.00 USD 1 $10.00 USD
Insurance: ----
Total: $10.00 USD

TY :)

Driving? DRIVING?!? Since when does RPH drive?

Times are a changing :D Thanks

Some have time, but not money, others have money, but not time...

These funds are to help a viable campaign, not for traveling around to do issue activism, like my bikerides... (not that I think that is wrong either, it ain't like I'm holding a gun to anyones head ;) )

I guess you didn't read the part in the OP that states I am working on some new strategies, as well. Nor did you notice that this money is not to "go to events"

:confused:

Transaction ID: 1GV504967J947972X

dropped you 40$

good luck.. if you need a bit more to get you over the top let me know! this is a great investment.

Much appreciated :)

I just wish there wouldn't be a need for someone to leave a solid district to have to go elsewhere to campaign for a possible candidate.

Why can't the candidate raise LOCAL support which would be far more beneficial than sending in outsiders to tell them what would work best for them.

What solid district have I left?

Many traditional campaigns use paid canvassers, which do you think is more effective: a person who has already campaigned on a congressional race in NC and is doing this out of 3VOL? or a someone being paid via craigslist ad?

17.87 to Gunny on Fri. Same to you RPH! You've been in the trenches enough that your experience is worth a few beans of mine. When you coming?

Thanks Phill. I should be there the 21st... (stopping at Ma's for a few days...)

phill4paul
09-15-2010, 04:21 PM
Thanks Phill. I should be there the 21st... (stopping at Ma's for a few days...)

Damn well would have been good to have ya down this weekend for Gunny's event. In any event it would be good to see you. I'll shoot some more FRNs your way as things progress and am able.

KCIndy
09-15-2010, 04:54 PM
Transaction ID: 25T87387D4501901U
$20.00 chipped in

Thanks for helping Glen!! This is a very winnable race and I'm sure your contributions will make a huge difference!

MelissaWV
09-15-2010, 05:00 PM

just my opinion though,

Then don't donate, just as you were free not to donate to any of those other causes, or to a specific person's campaign, etc.. It's your money; do as you will. As RPH said, though, some people have money but not the time or mobility. Some people have the mobility, time, and contacts... but not the money. This is not a chipin for a blimp, or to sponsor someone to go put on a concert, or some other "scheme"... it's RPH trying to go help a candidate with a good chance of winning, a forum member, and a friend. The amount being asked for is pretty darned minimal.

RPH - I will be in for some tomorrow or Friday, and I will be in for Glen's $17.76 as well. Paying for you to get there is as good as putting coin in his coffers ;) You are a grand veteran of the campaigning trenches.

Michigan11
09-15-2010, 05:37 PM
Love it! ... and what she said ^^^^

Glad to hear you're on your way down to give Glen backup and bring in another liberty candidate win. Looks like Glen's campaign is really starting to take off. Awesome! Thanks for doing all that you're doing .. FOR LIBERTY as RP would say!

You sent a payment of $20.00 USD to Michael E Maresco.

Edit: now $75 to go people who is next?

newyearsrevolution08
09-15-2010, 06:40 PM
I agree with the points and not trying to get myself burnt at the stake so to speak. My points are simply

it didn't work BEFORE

so why are we going down the same road donating to others doing shit when we can do our own EFFORTS locally?

Money, time, effort, sure we don't have all of them but no one can honestly say that their actual city is screaming constitutional anything. That is the issue that needs to be resolved and it won't do anything simply giving someone $20 to go do your work.

$40 would print a ton of door hangers

$10 would do good LOCALLY

is my point

as far as being in one specific city or state, I think we need to deal with our own backyards is MY point. You can't run around giving everyone money to put forth effort and allow that to be your reasoning not to hustle in your own backyard.

not trying to trash anyone and I understand the donate if you want to and don't if you feel that makes more sense BUT that is not my point in the least.

We TRIED to push money towards other people putting forth effort. It didn't work so why duplicate a failed effort is my point.

We ALL have thousands upon thousands of people to WAKE UP locally and simply donating to someone else doing it is not justified in my book.

Cowlesy
09-15-2010, 06:43 PM
Donated. Make sure he wins!

KCIndy
09-15-2010, 06:45 PM
Money, time, effort, sure we don't have all of them but no one can honestly say that their actual city is screaming constitutional anything.

Uhh... what???

And in regard to the local thing, not everyone has a Glen Bradley running in their own state. I can't take time off from work to get out to North Carolina to help, but I'm happy to throw some cash to those who can.

Cowlesy
09-15-2010, 06:45 PM
I agree with the points and not trying to get myself burnt at the stake so to speak. My points are simply

it didn't work BEFORE

so why are we going down the same road donating to others doing shit when we can do our own EFFORTS locally?

Money, time, effort, sure we don't have all of them but no one can honestly say that their actual city is screaming constitutional anything. That is the issue that needs to be resolved and it won't do anything simply giving someone $20 to go do your work.

$40 would print a ton of door hangers

$10 would do good LOCALLY

is my point

as far as being in one specific city or state, I think we need to deal with our own backyards is MY point. You can't run around giving everyone money to put forth effort and allow that to be your reasoning not to hustle in your own backyard.

not trying to trash anyone and I understand the donate if you want to and don't if you feel that makes more sense BUT that is not my point in the least.

We TRIED to push money towards other people putting forth effort. It didn't work so why duplicate a failed effort is my point.

We ALL have thousands upon thousands of people to WAKE UP locally and simply donating to someone else doing it is not justified in my book.

Nothing wrong with going local, and I understand people who felt burned about Kokesh and when the rumor was floated that "polling shows him winning" and then donated because of that.

However, Glen has an honest poll showing him leading (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=256419&highlight=Public+Policy+Bradley), has been on here being an outstanding member since the beginning, and could use some help from ronpaulhawaii who is outstanding at getting the message out.

I understand apprehension because of all the duds we've had, but Glen can win this, and those of us who like him and want to help, should help. But by all means, focus locally if you can!

newyearsrevolution08
09-15-2010, 06:57 PM
Nothing wrong with going local, and I understand people who felt burned about Kokesh and when the rumor was floated that "polling shows him winning" and then donated because of that.

However, Glen has an honest poll showing him leading (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=256419&highlight=Public+Policy+Bradley), has been on here being an outstanding member since the beginning, and could use some help from ronpaulhawaii who is outstanding at getting the message out.

I understand apprehension because of all the duds we've had, but Glen can win this, and those of us who like him and want to help, should help. But by all means, focus locally if you can!

I am 100% agreeing with all of you, I am not sure if my point is being made. I know our buddy can do some REAL GOOD out there. Not saying otherwise, I am simply putting the point that local efforts is what is needed and actually getting out the vote.

If we lose one congressman or senator however wake the fuck up our backyard (ie:city we actually live in) when it comes time to actual votes it would end up doing more good waking those up AROUND US versus waking up someone elses neighbors.

I would donate towards our buddy busting ass in his own city awaking people and when the time comes towards his local vote they kill it at the local, state then federal level.

I just wish people would see our man here willing to go elsewhere to wake people up and tell him to focus on his city because they "got it".

I am just saddened by our countries state right now and damn irritated at the many sheep that simply think palin and her bullshit tea party are what this country needs.

I applaud the effort but love to speak my mind, it is what it is and I hope he wins as well as many others.

I do know however that if we all simply focused on electing city council and mayors of our own cities who then DENY federal money it would end up having far more effect then electing ONE person to senate or congress.

We have more power than most people realize and money isn't everything but having a great conversation with a neighbor can allow them to realize for the rest of their lives what our current administration has actually done to us as well as realize that WE are to blame for the current state of our country and not simply a single elected official.

I have said it before,

look at obama and all the change he wanted to bring and how pissed off he is that it isn't working out exactly the way he wanted. Even if we elected ron paul as president I don't see congress,senate, governors,city council and a million other publicly held offices actually allowing it and surprisingly we can trump a president as shown with obama-mama.

not saying that he isn't fucking shit up, just like bush did and plenty of prezs before them however if you attack locally you will end up having cities EVERYWHERE saying NO we don't want your aid off of the backs of others. We can take care of our own cities.

take my thoughts for what they are.

newyearsrevolution08
09-15-2010, 07:01 PM
Uhh... what???

And in regard to the local thing, not everyone has a Glen Bradley running in their own state. I can't take time off from work to get out to North Carolina to help, but I'm happy to throw some cash to those who can.

my point,

you can't take time off of work to get our to NC of course, who can however you have plenty in YOUR city who you could take time out for. Sure it won't help another city win HOWEVER if people took care of their own damn backyards no one would have to do chip ins to let others do their dirty work.

Michigan11
09-15-2010, 07:08 PM
newyearsrevolution08,

Yeah I see you are just asking open questions, gotch ya!

We should never just focus nationally, must always work locally - For Sure.

In a race that needs foot soldiers, RonPaulHawaii is a perfect match for Glen Bradley's race however. Physical foot work, pounding the pavement is a thankless job, and he is willing to do it and brings alot of knowledge/contacts with him, so it makes it a worthwhile venture.

My 2 cents...

In a couple months we will all be hitting the pavement, if we haven't already

Flash
09-15-2010, 07:13 PM
I believe in assisting Libertarian-Republicans/Libertarian-Democrats for local offices. Even if they're not from my state. These people may one day use the 10th Amendment to nullify the federal income tax or threaten secession over an unconstitutional law. Local offices are the most important and some of the most over-looked.

Borrowed from this post (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=256778):

State House Races Should Be Priority

With the funding and organization of the modern liberty movement, we should be able to win at the very minimum 50 state house seats per election cycle, no if ands or buts about it. If we play our cards right, and do some very basic risk/reward modeling, two years after big wins in state house seats we could have 50 Justin Amashs in Congress. Tell me that won't give us a serious voting block, and a huge amount of pull in DC.

The Midwest provides us the best opportunity to enact this plan. We can, for less than $100,000 each, set ourselves up for huge victories that will provide us with residual representation in Congress. Is this plan as fun as running 2-3 huge campaigns? No. Does it provide the instant gratification we seem to long for? No. But for a movement who could probably write a fucking book on time preference, why can't we understand that this movement will only work with a long term strategy?

The biggest idea behind libertarianism is decentralization and localized control. This should be a piece of our electoral strategy, as well.

Kotin
09-15-2010, 08:03 PM
//

angelatc
09-15-2010, 08:35 PM
blimp

KCIndy
09-15-2010, 08:38 PM
my point,

you can't take time off of work to get our to NC of course, who can however you have plenty in YOUR city who you could take time out for. Sure it won't help another city win HOWEVER if people took care of their own damn backyards no one would have to do chip ins to let others do their dirty work.

It seems you're assuming there are worthy candidates in my area (I don't live in a city) worth supporting. There are not.

Let's say I wage a relentless solo campaign with the $40 door hangers you suggest. With no liberty-minded candidates running in my district, exactly what do you propose I say on these hangers? Don't vote? Or, Wanted: Liberty-minded candidate to wage a relentless write-in campaign in this November's election?

I'm not trying to pick a fight here, but I really don't see the point of waging a local fight when there's no local candidate worth supporting.

jacque
09-15-2010, 08:44 PM
newyearsrevolution08 "$40 would print a ton of door hangers
$10 would do good LOCALLY"

I guess you have not actually invested in a campaign and purchased anything. The bags for the slimjims alone are $55 per 1000. Now cardstock, ink, or printer, either one will cost a heck of a lot more then $40. prices per 1000 run anywhere from $500 to 1000 from a printer and that does not include a design person.

Just the past 2 days, we printed 4 x 4's for the Constitutional Day Event. 2400 pieces cost over $750.

Freedom Mom

PS. and we are running to most cost effective campaign with you guys support.
As always, I appreciate your help. I am getting to be one tired MOM!

Michigan11
09-15-2010, 08:52 PM
NewYearsResolution08,

Give like $17.76, the investment is well worth it. Local and wherever liberty calls, that's how I see it but there are benefits from donating also. Just do it! if that's how you feel

Travlyr
09-15-2010, 08:52 PM
I got $20 for ya. I'm glad that we have both You and Gunny on our side. :D

newyearsrevolution08
09-15-2010, 09:17 PM
newyearsrevolution08 "$40 would print a ton of door hangers
$10 would do good LOCALLY"

I guess you have not actually invested in a campaign and purchased anything. The bags for the slimjims alone are $55 per 1000. Now cardstock, ink, or printer, either one will cost a heck of a lot more then $40. prices per 1000 run anywhere from $500 to 1000 from a printer and that does not include a design person.

Just the past 2 days, we printed 4 x 4's for the Constitutional Day Event. 2400 pieces cost over $750.

Freedom Mom

PS. and we are running to most cost effective campaign with you guys support.
As always, I appreciate your help. I am getting to be one tired MOM!

you must not know me well

you must not know me very well either. Invest in a campaign. LOL love it....

either way I love the fact that someone talking against something gets people to bite lol..

keep working towards the end goal everyone.

newyearsrevolution08
09-15-2010, 09:21 PM
It seems you're assuming there are worthy candidates in my area (I don't live in a city) worth supporting. There are not.

Let's say I wage a relentless solo campaign with the $40 door hangers you suggest. With no liberty-minded candidates running in my district, exactly what do you propose I say on these hangers? Don't vote? Or, Wanted: Liberty-minded candidate to wage a relentless write-in campaign in this November's election?

I'm not trying to pick a fight here, but I really don't see the point of waging a local fight when there's no local candidate worth supporting.

are you serious?

there are no serious candidates,

who do you think candidates come from?

people like YOU who are sick of the LOCAL bullshit that is going on.

YOU could be the local candidate if you don't realize it.

Local is where it is at and it bugs me that STILL people HERE are focusing on me and my thoughts towards ONE person where as you could be fixing your local issues and inturn help towards our end goal.

Michigan11
09-15-2010, 09:37 PM
Local is where it is at and it bugs me that STILL people HERE are focusing on me and my thoughts towards ONE person where as you could be fixing your local issues and inturn help towards our end goal.

ha ha yes! today we smoke and make of it fun!

ronpaulhawaii
09-16-2010, 02:11 AM
Damn well would have been good to have ya down this weekend for Gunny's event. In any event it would be good to see you. I'll shoot some more FRNs your way as things progress and am able.

Yeah, I hear you about this weekend. I know you guys need the help, and the event sounds great in itself. I'm sorry not to be able to make it. What I will be doing on the 17th is making calls and spamming walls... :D I look forward to working for you guys and as we say in Hawaii Nei, sharing breath.

Transaction ID: 25T87387D4501901U
$20.00 chipped in

Thanks for helping Glen!! This is a very winnable race and I'm sure your contributions will make a huge difference!

Thanks heaps, for the support and encouragement. I'm honored...

Then don't donate, just as you were free not to donate to any of those other causes, or to a specific person's campaign, etc.. It's your money; do as you will. As RPH said, though, some people have money but not the time or mobility. Some people have the mobility, time, and contacts... but not the money. This is not a chipin for a blimp, or to sponsor someone to go put on a concert, or some other "scheme"... it's RPH trying to go help a candidate with a good chance of winning, a forum member, and a friend. The amount being asked for is pretty darned minimal.

RPH - I will be in for some tomorrow or Friday, and I will be in for Glen's $17.76 as well. Paying for you to get there is as good as putting coin in his coffers ;) You are a grand veteran of the campaigning trenches.

Mahalo Melissa, you always have a way with words :) I'm set, so please donate directly to Glen.

Love it! ... and what she said ^^^^

Glad to hear you're on your way down to give Glen backup and bring in another liberty candidate win. Looks like Glen's campaign is really starting to take off. Awesome! Thanks for doing all that you're doing .. FOR LIBERTY as RP would say!

Edit: now $75 to go people who is next?

Thank you, and your welcome :) We are all in this together. GO GLEN!!! :D

...LOCALLY

is my point...

I can appreciate your sentiments, but feel it is a bit short-sighted and presumptuous. For one, my "home" is a small Hawaiian community, on a small island, in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. If you truly knew the political dynamics involved, you would understand why I chose the path I am on. To start with, most of my friends and ohana are sovereignty activists who reject the legitimacy of the US presence... Secondly, my career there is freelancing in Industrial Audio/Visual. Because I live on one of the smaller islands, and because of my skill sets, I usually spent at least 6 months a year "off island", I have no set schedule and when I am on a gig it is usually just work and sleep for two weeks or so. None of this is conducive to the "local" activism you speak of. Finally, outside of my immediate circle of ohana, most people in Hawaii have gone there to get away from the shit. Rich hippies (Trustifarians) and surfers galore, not exactly the voting/activist types... That and the numbers just ain't there... That and the rampant corruption... That and...I could go on...

More broadly, yes I agree that we need people to focus locally, but that does not mean we don't need people operating nationally. The r3VOLution is forging new ground in political activism, but any political organization has people who ask for money, and people who donate. That is just the way it is. Our r3VOLution is one that celebrates the individual, so it is little wonder that individual organized political activists, like myself, are asking for and receiving money. I know my efforts have had a measure of success and people agree with continuing support. I pray to always deserve it...

Sorry to hear that first bit. There was new personnel in the end. I was told to mind my own business enough that I almost walked away, but figured it was too late for that so just left them to themselves and knocked out neighborhoods...

Live and learn..., thanks for the continuing support :)

...I am simply putting the point that local efforts is what is needed and actually getting out the vote.
take my thoughts for what they are.

This will be the 4th non presidential race that I will be doing ground work on. On ALL of them there are both locals and outsiders. People in four states have asked me about coming to help. Other friends are in other states, working on campaigns, both national, and state level, Getting Out The Vote!... It is just the way it is.

I got $20 for ya. I'm glad that we have both You and Gunny on our side. :D

:) Thanks John, I remain honored to walk this path with you.

~~~~~

Well, that was quick. Thanks again everyone. I am humbled. Please help get the word out for the GunnyBomb and give generously. This is a race to WIN!

Jordan
09-16-2010, 07:25 AM
you must not know me well

you must not know me very well either. Invest in a campaign. LOL love it....

either way I love the fact that someone talking against something gets people to bite lol..

keep working towards the end goal everyone.

Some of us can't/won't make the sacrifice to quit our day jobs or suspend our lives to run for office. Some people may have skeletons in the closet they don't want on the headlines of the papers. And on, and on, and on.

Anyway, the point is moot. I don't know how long RPH will be in NC, but I'm sure he'll be there for awhile and at $220 I'm also sure he'll be working for far less than minimum wage. Nevermind that the $220 is going for travel expenses, so he really doesn't get anything out of this.

KCIndy
09-16-2010, 09:18 AM
are you serious?

there are no serious candidates,

who do you think candidates come from?

people like YOU who are sick of the LOCAL bullshit that is going on.

YOU could be the local candidate if you don't realize it.

...and YOU are running for which office again, and where? :rolleyes:

newyearsrevolution08
09-16-2010, 09:44 AM
...and YOU are running for which office again, and where? :rolleyes:

I feel like I am talking to a wall sometimes.

I will try this again,

LAST ELECTION CYCLE

everyone donated a ton towards other peoples efforts however we did not get out the vote for the pres election. We got killed during those elections and I am simply saying that there are plenty out there INCLUDING YOU who could be great elected officials. I am not saying that everyone can or should run for office because some either don't,won't,can't do that job.

I am not a public face as far as running for office but I was a mayoral candidates campaign manager as well as helped run our local ron paul meetup group as well (since you feel I need to PROVE something LOL ). I am not a candidate however YOU COULD BE (which isn't saying YOU personally but allowing people who have that drive to realize that THEY could be a local candidate and help locally).

I chatted with RPH back during the election cycle last time and know he is a bad ass contributor. I am not downplaying his effort but simply stating that WE could affect change at our local level.

Either way, I keep stating my point and you guys simply try and pick out points to bitch at me about and simply skipping my point completely.

Donate what you can, by all means if that is what works for you. Just wish people would actually get my point as far as local efforts being more beneficial in the grand scheme of things.

by all means pick something else out of my posts to prove "something".

newyearsrevolution08
09-16-2010, 09:46 AM
Some of us can't/won't make the sacrifice to quit our day jobs or suspend our lives to run for office. Some people may have skeletons in the closet they don't want on the headlines of the papers. And on, and on, and on.

Anyway, the point is moot. I don't know how long RPH will be in NC, but I'm sure he'll be there for awhile and at $220 I'm also sure he'll be working for far less than minimum wage. Nevermind that the $220 is going for travel expenses, so he really doesn't get anything out of this.

I totally agree

I have stuff in my past that I don't want out there and agree that our candidates need a decently clean record especially if there is money on the other side using that to trash a potential candidate. I agree that money will do mass help out there. I just wish those who are already over there wouldn't need others to do their footwork.

amy31416
09-16-2010, 09:47 AM
I feel like I am talking to a wall sometimes.

I will try this again,

LAST ELECTION CYCLE

everyone donated a ton towards other peoples efforts however we did not get out the vote for the pres election. We got killed during those elections and I am simply saying that there are plenty out there INCLUDING YOU who could be great elected officials. I am not saying that everyone can or should run for office because some either don't,won't,can't do that job.

I am not a public face as far as running for office but I was a mayoral candidates campaign manager as well as helped run our local ron paul meetup group as well (since you feel I need to PROVE something LOL ). I am not a candidate however YOU COULD BE (which isn't saying YOU personally but allowing people who have that drive to realize that THEY could be a local candidate and help locally).

I chatted with RPH back during the election cycle last time and know he is a bad ass contributor. I am not downplaying his effort but simply stating that WE could affect change at our local level.

Either way, I keep stating my point and you guys simply try and pick out points to bitch at me about and simply skipping my point completely.

Donate what you can, by all means if that is what works for you. Just wish people would actually get my point as far as local efforts being more beneficial in the grand scheme of things.

by all means pick something else out of my posts to prove "something".

Pick yer battles wisely, NYR08. I know that's the message to us--maybe you should listen? :)

newyearsrevolution08
09-16-2010, 09:49 AM
Pick yer battles wisely, NYR08. I know that's the message to us--maybe you should listen? :)

ok dokey i'm done tryin lol

phill4paul
09-17-2010, 12:33 PM
[Edit - Goal has been exceeded, you guys rock! Chip in link removed, please donate directly to Glen (http://glenbradley.net/node/17) and help spread the word for the moneybomb. Thanks everyone :) ]

I didn't get a chance to help ya out.:(

Guess I'll have to pass it on to Glen. :)

Anti Federalist
09-17-2010, 01:00 PM
I didn't get a chance to help ya out.:(

Guess I'll have to pass it on to Glen. :)

No, neither did I, I just discovered this thread.

I had no idea that RPH was heading east.

Well, anyways, Whooo Hooo!! Couldn't think of a better man to help Glen out.

jacque
09-17-2010, 01:29 PM
The campaign will do what it takes. You can always encourage people to give here the help RPH.:D

ronpaulhawaii
09-23-2010, 03:03 PM
Thanks everyone :)

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs698.snc4/63835_479234312952_663957952_6596514_4207434_n.jpg

jacque
09-23-2010, 05:12 PM
Nice sign. I drive by this everyday on my way to work. :D:D:D

jacque
09-24-2010, 04:47 PM
Thanks everyone :)

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs698.snc4/63835_479234312952_663957952_6596514_4207434_n.jpg

This is one of the signs that has been taken. Not nice politicking:mad:!