PDA

View Full Version : Tom Tancredo Pulls Ahead of GOP Candidate for Colorado Governor

FrankRep
09-15-2010, 02:48 PM
http://www.thenewamerican.com/images/stories/AP-3-2010/tancredoc-ap.001.jpg
Tom Tancredo (http://www.tancredoforgovernor2010.org/)

Tom Tancredo, running as a third-party candidate to be Governor of Colorado,has surpassed the Republican candidate in the polls. by Joe Wolverton, II

Tom Tancredo Pulls Ahead of GOP Candidate for Colorado Governor (http://www.thenewamerican.com/index.php/usnews/politics/4607-tancredo-pulls-ahead-of-gop-candidate-for-colorado-governor)

Joe Wolverton, II | The New American (http://www.thenewamerican.com/)
15 September 2010

Southron
09-15-2010, 03:10 PM
Time to call for his GOP opponent to drop out:)

libertybrewcity
09-15-2010, 03:11 PM
Yet far behind the Dem. No hope for this race even though I don't think Tancredo is that great. I don't know about Maes.

specsaregood
09-15-2010, 03:18 PM
Time to call for his GOP opponent to drop out:)

Except unfortunately speciallyblend explained in a thread yesterday that his GOP opponent is actually the liberty candidate, that successfully bested the establishment candidate in the convention. If what he said is true and it sounds like it is, tancredo is doing this to screw over the liberty activists in the state. :(

Stary Hickory
09-15-2010, 03:22 PM
This is why I DETEST third party runs, it only ensures the worst possible and most unpopular get elected. There is no run off right? That means the Dem will get in because of Tancredo.

We are going to get no where doing this at all. This means Colorado will have the exact person they do NOT want as governor. Anyone who supports third parties without a means to do a run off between the remaining two candidates is crazy. If Tancredo wanted to run he should have ran in the primaries and left it at that.

nobody's_hero
09-15-2010, 03:29 PM
Hickory,

Think this situation through.

The (most) pro-liberty candidate in this race is the GOP nominee. We've been told time and time again by people such as yourself that it is a waste of time running third party to win seats. So, yeah, we got a GOP nominee.

Now we have Tancredo running third-party (independent, whatever), and poof, suddenly the third-party candidate isn't the biggest loser for a change.

So, we were screwed out of this one no matter what. No sense pinning blame on the third parties.

The voters are the ones you should point the finger at. There has yet to be a person in office that they weren't responsible for. :(

Stary Hickory
09-15-2010, 03:35 PM
Hickory,

The (most) pro-liberty candidate in this race is the GOP nominee. We've been told time and time again by people such as yourself that it is a waste of time running third party to win seats. So, yeah, we got a GOP nominee.

Now we have Tancredo running third-party (independent, whatever), and poof, suddenly the third-party candidate isn't the biggest loser for a change.

So, we were screwed out of this one no matter what. No sense pinning blame on the third parties.

The voters are the ones you should point the finger at. There has yet to be a person in office that they weren't responsible for. :(

AS a result Colorado will be stuck with a Governor they do not want. This is a blow to liberty and freedom. You CANNOT run third party without having a system that allows for run offs in place. All that is happening is the opposition to big government is being divided and conquered this is moronic and I do not support it.

The representative election system is NOT setup to deal with third party runs. If Tancredo had wanted to run he could have in the GOP primaries and that would have been the DECENT thing to do. The people of Colorado will now represented by a man they do not want.

You want third party candidates fix the system first I refuse to be raped like this over and over. I cannot believe people do not understand the concept of divide and conquer. You might as well put the shackles on yourselves by supporting third party candidates like this.

speciallyblend
09-15-2010, 03:40 PM
you folks obviously don't live in colorado. tancredo is a political crook. he is running to kill the liberty candidate chances to win Dan Maes supported by ron paulers and we won a big delegate battle over the gop establishment candidate, tancredo is no friend of liberty.if he was he wouldn't be running. He is spoiling the Gop Liberty-Backed candidate!

you guys are celebrating that a ron paul grassroots candidate is being attacked by neo-con tancredo aka backed by corrupt gop establishment or he wouldn't be running!

facepalm to all you folks!! maybe i am wasting my time and money!!

tancredo is an enemy of liberty!!

speciallyblend
09-15-2010, 03:43 PM
AS a result Colorado will be stuck with a Governor they do not want. This is a blow to liberty and freedom. You CANNOT run third party without having a system that allows for run offs in place. All that is happening is the opposition to big government is being divided and conquered this is moronic and I do not support it.

The representative election system is NOT setup to deal with third party runs. If Tancredo had wanted to run he could have in the GOP primaries and that would have been the DECENT thing to do. The people of Colorado will now represented by a man they do not want.

You want third party candidates fix the system first I refuse to be raped like this over and over. I cannot believe people do not understand the concept of divide and conquer. You might as well put the shackles on yourselves by supporting third party candidates like this.

we do not need a 3rd party candidate. the liberty movement in colorado spent months beating mcginnis(gop establishment) at convention! tancredo had plenty of time to register as a gop candidate. he didn't bother because they thought gop establishment would win at convention not ron paul grassroots!!! tancredo running is a straight out attack on the grassroots by gop establishment!

tancredo is an enemy to liberty! Hickenlooper Wins, the liberty movement loses thanks to tancredo and gop establishment hacks sabotaging the race/movement in colorado

Stary Hickory
09-15-2010, 03:49 PM
we do not need a 3rd party candidate. the liberty movement in colorado spent months beating mcginnis(gop establishment) at convention! tancredo had plenty of time to register as a gop candidate. he didn't bother becuase they though gop establishment would win at convetion not ron paul grassroots!!! tancredo running is a straight out attack on the grassroots by gop establishment!

I don't know much about him he might be a dirtbag. In any case even if he were the BETTER candidate it is a horrible to run 3rd party and split the opposition so that someone people do not want can get elected. I have tried many times to explain why 3rd party runs are bad when the system is tailored for a two party system.

I already dislike Tancredo because I too, even not knowing the particulars here, can see he SHOULD have ran in the primaries and left it at that. He is hurting Colorado with his actions now. And one has to wonder if he is just doing it on purpose or simply doesn't care at all about Colorado who will be given someone who is completely 180% from what Tancredo claims to support.

There is absolutely NO way forward with those who support limited government being divided and splintered into groups when a system is designed for a two party system. I have REITERATED over and over that I support challenging GOP in the primaries but not 3rd party runs because of situations EXACTLY like this.

It's no secret the establishment GOP needs to be dealt with, but do it in the primaries. Don't throw the country to the wolves by not understanding the dynamics of the two party system and acting foolishly.

specsaregood
09-15-2010, 03:52 PM
I don't know much about him he might be a dirtbag.

He seems decent enough, IF he means what he says here:
http://www.danmaes.com/the-issues

Although, he really needs to change the header photo. He looks a bit like a really pissed off chipmunk.
http://www.danmaes.com/wp-content/themes/danmaes_v7/images/danmaes.png

Stary Hickory
09-15-2010, 03:56 PM
Yeah well I am telling you we might as well roll over and give up if we allow ourselves to be divided and conquered like this. The primaries is the safe place to fight not in general elections meant for two parties.

This is absurd and it will kill us. As hard as it is to keep people motivated and together fighting for small government it's a crying shame to see what is going down in CO happen.

speciallyblend
09-15-2010, 03:56 PM
This is why I DETEST third party runs, it only ensures the worst possible and most unpopular get elected. There is no run off right? That means the Dem will get in because of Tancredo.

We are going to get no where doing this at all. This means Colorado will have the exact person they do NOT want as governor. Anyone who supports third parties without a means to do a run off between the remaining two candidates is crazy. If Tancredo wanted to run he should have ran in the primaries and left it at that.

Exactly

speciallyblend
09-15-2010, 03:58 PM
Yeah well I am telling you we might as well roll over and give up if we allow ourselves to be divided and conquered like this. The primaries is the safe place to fight not in general elections meant for two parties.

This is absurd and it will kill us. As hard as it is to keep people motivated and together fighting for small government it's a crying shame to see what is going down in CO happen.

yeah ,i cannot pin point the back rooms deals but this has gop establishment written all over it! Tancredo is giving head to the gop establishment!

Flash
09-15-2010, 03:59 PM
I agree with Hickory but now that Tancredo is surpassing the GOP candidate, wouldn't it make more sense for the GOP candidate to drop out and endorse Tancredo?

Southron
09-15-2010, 03:59 PM
Maes does look good on many issues. I guess Tancredo is just out to get his revenge on the Republican party.

Too bad it happened in this case.

speciallyblend
09-15-2010, 04:02 PM
I agree with Hickory but now that Tancredo is surpassing the GOP candidate, wouldn't it make more sense for the GOP candidate to drop out and endorse Tancredo?

your asking the liberty gop candidate to drop out so that a gop establishment backed candidate can let the dem win and our liberty candidate lose.
i will never support tancredo.

tancredo is a neo-con that is backed by gop establishment period! if tancredo believed in Liberty ! he wouldn't be running. we fought tooth and nail to get maes a win at convention over mcginnis(gop establishment)

your basically supporting the very forces you say your fighting!! facepalm

Stary Hickory
09-15-2010, 04:03 PM

Maybe, I mean seriously I don't have an allegiance for the GOP...I could care less I just don't want the liberty folks being manipulated and divided. This 3rd party nonsense is poison to trying to create some kind of unified front to take on statism.

It's the same reason Statists run the show now, they have divided the voter base using class envy, racial hatred, gender, and age. If we don't put an end to this it's going to get ugly fast.

Like I said I don't know much about Tancredo or Maes. But I do know that only ONE of them shouldbe running in the general election and that Tancredo was the one who decided to poison the well here. Which means I already suspect Tancredo as being a scumbag...or blithely ignorant...because he is going to ensure that his follow Coloradans get the EXACT guy they don't want.

speciallyblend
09-15-2010, 04:06 PM
Maes does look good on many issues. I guess Tancredo is just out to get his revenge on the Republican party.

Too bad it happened in this case.

yeah the gop will lose to win at all costs! they sure didn't like that qwe the people in colorado registered republicans sent their headgiver mcginnis packing, so now they sent their expert head giver to finish the job!

The gop establishment is basically supporting hickenlooper now by pushing tancredo in a 3rd party!!! at least the gop establishment knows how to use 3rd parties!

Stary Hickory
09-15-2010, 04:07 PM
your asking the liberty gop candidate to drop out so that a gop establishment backed candidate can let the dem win and our liberty candidate lose.

tancredo is a neo-con that is backed by gop establishment period! if tancredo believed in Liberty ! he wouldn't be running. we fought tooth and nail to get maes a win at convention over mcginnis(gop establishment)

See this is really sad, if what you say is true. It's something to really watch....we cannot play the game without understanding the rules. When an election is setup for two parties it can be manipulated by a 3rd party EASILY. You need either run offs or a + and - vote. Like you can vote for someone and against another canceling a vote. Or something like this. A 3 candidate run does NOT elect the best candidate in most cases. This is why you need run offs.

The primaries basically serve this purpose. Tancredo circumvented the system when he ran without going through the primaries.

speciallyblend
09-15-2010, 04:30 PM
Maybe, I mean seriously I don't have an allegiance for the GOP...I could care less I just don't want the liberty folks being manipulated and divided. This 3rd party nonsense is poison to trying to create some kind of unified front to take on statism.

It's the same reason Statists run the show now, they have divided the voter base using class envy, racial hatred, gender, and age. If we don't put an end to this it's going to get ugly fast.

Like I said I don't know much about Tancredo or Maes. But I do know that only ONE of them shouldbe running in the general election and that Tancredo was the one who decided to poison the well here. Which means I already suspect Tancredo as being a scumbag...or blithely ignorant...because he is going to ensure that his follow Coloradans get the EXACT guy they don't want.

This hits the nail on the head!! I am a new republican and i am disgusted over this. Tancredo should never be trusted and in the future never to be trusted!! Tancredo never made one attempt to become a candidate in the gop!! This is his reasoning for running on the cp ticket, bottom line plain and simple hogwash. TANCREDO IS A LIAR!!

erowe1
09-15-2010, 04:40 PM
This hits the nail on the head!! I am a new republican and i am disgusted over this. Tancredo should never be trusted and in the future never to be trusted!! Tancredo never made one attempt to become a candidate in the gop!! This is his reasoning for running on the cp ticket, bottom line plain and simple hogwash. TANCREDO IS A LIAR!!

So your contention is that Tancredo wants to lose?

speciallyblend
09-15-2010, 04:52 PM
So your contention is that Tancredo wants to lose?

my contention is he wants Dan Maes(Liberty Backed) to lose in the general! The gop establishment wins if hickenlooper wins by stuffing this contest so the liberty candidate loses! Tancredo reasoning is he didn't make the gop deadline ,hogwash. He had plenty of time to register but not after their gop establishment candidate got beatin by the liberty grassroots at convention!

nothing more then gop corruption making sure they win by the liberty candidate losing! tancredo is not the liberty candidate! he is nothing more then a neo-con hack spoiler making sure the wins we got at convention are negatedby our liberty candidate losing to a dem!! tancredo is spliting the vote. He had plenty of time to register and get involved in the gop race. he only choose to enter once it was clear the gop establishment candidate(mcginnis)got his ass handed to him at the cogop convention by delegates!!

i guess the failed gop establishment is learning blowback! this is nothing more then payback by the failed neo-con gop establishment! if tancredo was liberty oriented. He would of never joined the race. We have our candidate .now we will have hickenlooper thanks to tancredo and the neo-con gop establishment!!

erowe1
09-15-2010, 05:51 PM
my contention is he wants Dan Maes(Liberty Backed) to lose in the general!
Of course he does. He's running against him. But that wasn't my question. Do you think Tancredo does not want to win himself?

The gop establishment wins if hickenlooper wins by stuffing this contest so the liberty candidate loses!
But what's in it for Tancredo?

Also, could you explain more about how Maes is a "liberty candidate" and how all his supporters at the convention were "liberty grassroots"? What makes him a liberty candidate and what makes those people liberty grassroots? If there was some effort to nominate this guy that was being driven by some grassroots liberty movement because he has some special credentials as a liberty candidate, then was he mentioned here in the time leading up to that convention or was that strategy that you say was executed by "liberty grassroots" ever mentioned here? And why does his issues page on his website not have anything that sets him apart as some "liberty candidate"?

Are you sure this grassroots effort to give the nomination to Maes might not have had more to do with tea party and 912 type groups rather than Ron Paul types?

speciallyblend
09-15-2010, 06:01 PM
Of course he does. He's running against him. But that wasn't my question. Do you think Tancredo does not want to win himself?

But what's in it for Tancredo?

Also, could you explain more about how Maes is a "liberty candidate" and how all his supporters at the convention were "liberty grassroots"? What makes him a liberty candidate and what makes those people liberty grassroots? If there was some effort to nominate this guy that was being driven by some grassroots liberty movement because he has some special credentials as a liberty candidate, then was he mentioned here in the time leading up to that convention or was that strategy that you say was executed by "liberty grassroots" ever mentioned here? And why does his issues page on his website not have anything that sets him apart as some "liberty candidate"?

Are you sure this grassroots effort to give the nomination to Maes might not have had more to do with tea party and 912 type groups rather than Ron Paul types?

read his website Dan Maes. That says it all. tancredo wants to lose . He could of run as a gop candidate but he is lying! Tancredo will not win because he only entered the race to make sure Dan maes would lose. Tancredo gains what ever he is getting from the failed gop establishment! you will have to ask tancredo that! the bottom line is tancredo showed no interest in running until the gop establishment backed mcginnis was losing in polls and lost at convention. no wonder tancredo missed the gop deadline;)

tancredo only purpose in running is to make sure the non-backed gop establishment candidate loses aka Dan Maes! go read Dan maes website ,that tells you what you want to know!! umm the northern Tea party of colorado is run by Ron Paul supporters that is how i know!! Dan Maes won the convention because of Ron Paulers and the Tea party. what you have to remember is stop watching msm! the Tea party in colorado is RON PAUL!!! you have alot of questions for dan maes it seems! you can call his office. I am not Dan Maes but i was involved in the grassroots movement to support him over the gop establishment candidate mcginnis,note there was no tancredo running? he had plenty of time until the convention;) tancredo is nothing more then a neo-con hack spoiler!!

Hickenlooper wins thanks to tancredo the neo-con! He is a neo-con if you haven't figured this out!

what does he gain? hmm well he gains the fact they the failed gop neo-cons make a liberty candidate lose to a dem!! Hickenlooper Wins thanks to tancredo and the neo-cons!

dito
09-15-2010, 06:22 PM
What congressional district are you in? Not sure if you are in the 3rd as well. If so what do you think about Tipton?

speciallyblend
09-15-2010, 06:37 PM
What congressional district are you in? Not sure if you are in the 3rd as well. If so what do you think about Tipton?

I am in the 5th, i got the lowdown on the dan maes and tancredo race, i will be making a thread! I am not a big fan of tancredo but i did get some clarification!!

speciallyblend
09-15-2010, 06:54 PM
As many in rpf know, i am not a big fan of tancredo on foreign policy. i finally talked to someone in the know just now

Though our grassroots movement supported Dan Maes in the convention process! Things have happened as Dan Maes goes around speaking! He has been appeasing voters and saying one thing at one meeting and another at other meeting!! go figure? right?

Though many in the Ron Paul Tea Party of Colorado do not like Tancredo's positions on Foreign Policy! He is running for Governor of Colorado not federal office! Dan Maes will not say he is for Amendments 60,61 and 101 while Tancredo is for them openly! The plus side is Tancredo is for Legalized Marijuana. I do not trust Tancredo much but it seems leaders in our liberty Tea party movement are backing Tancredo now over the gop nominee Dan Maes!!

Honestly i am not sure who i will vote for myself but my trusted source in Colorado has assured me that the backing of Tancredo is not being done to hurt the Liberty Movement, so i stand corrected

will i vote for Tancredo now?? I am not sure but i still haven't got a reply from Dan Maes office and i plan on calling Tancredo's office soon!!

I want what is best for the Liberty Movement in Colorado! This is all very frustrating sigh!!!

Flash
09-15-2010, 07:08 PM

Yeah it may be a bs race but its the reality of the situation. One has to drop out or we all lose.

Anti Federalist
09-15-2010, 07:13 PM
Hickory,

Amazing how the system works, isn't it?

nobody's_hero
09-15-2010, 08:13 PM
Amazing how the system works, isn't it?

I'm glad someone understood the absurdity I was trying to describe.

erowe1
09-15-2010, 08:24 PM
read his website Dan Maes. That says it all.
It doesn't have anything that really sets him apart as a liberty candidate that I could see. That's why I asked what you knew about him that made you call him that. In what I read, the very first line of his economics section said he wants the government to have more revenue. That's not a good sign to me.

Tancredo gains what ever he is getting from the failed gop establishment!
I have to admit I'm skeptical that the GOP is going to give Tancredo something that good for making them lose. It's too late for them to get the establishment candidate (supposing for the sake of argument that Maes isn't one). But they could still win the general election with the one they got stuck with, which is better than losing. Political parties aren't about principles, they're about winning. It's just hard for me to see that Tancredo has much to gain from this other than being governor if he wins, which he probably believes he can do, even if an impartial observer says he can't.

And Tancredo's polling better than Maes. So if either one is playing the spoiler and letting the Democrat win by not dropping out, wouldn't that be Maes? Or does Tancredo get penalized with the spoiler label just because he's not running as a Republican?

umm the northern Tea party of colorado is run by Ron Paul supporters that is how i know!! Dan Maes won the convention because of Ron Paulers and the Tea party. what you have to remember is stop watching msm! the Tea party in colorado is RON PAUL!!!
I'm also skeptical that the so-called Tea Party in Colorado is Ron Paul. But could you explain this more. Is Maes a Ron Paul supporter? Why did we never hear anything about this strategy by Ron Paul supporters to get him the nomination, and how could a group of Ron Paul supporters have the influence in the state to pull that off?

Rather than me ask Maes, since you're the one calling him a "liberty candidate" here, and saying that he got the nomination by the efforts of some "liberty grassroots," could you just explain clearly and not in some roundabout way what you mean by calling him that?

tnvoter
09-15-2010, 08:30 PM
i hate losing good men like this from the Congress to other political areas. He'll be a good Gov tho.

erowe1
09-15-2010, 09:06 PM
As many in rpf know, i am not a big fan of tancredo on foreign policy. i finally talked to someone in the know just now

Though our grassroots movement supported Dan Maes in the convention process! Things have happened as Dan Maes goes around speaking! He has been appeasing voters and saying one thing at one meeting and another at other meeting!! go figure? right?

Though many in the Ron Paul Tea Party of Colorado do not like Tancredo's positions on Foreign Policy! He is running for Governor of Colorado not federal office! Dan Maes will not say he is for Amendments 60,61 and 101 while Tancredo is for them openly! The plus side is Tancredo is for Legalized Marijuana. I do not trust Tancredo much but it seems leaders in our liberty Tea party movement are backing Tancredo now over the gop nominee Dan Maes!!

Honestly i am not sure who i will vote for myself but my trusted source in Colorado has assured me that the backing of Tancredo is not being done to hurt the Liberty Movement, so i stand corrected

will i vote for Tancredo now?? I am not sure but i still haven't got a reply from Dan Maes office and i plan on calling Tancredo's office soon!!

I want what is best for the Liberty Movement in Colorado! This is all very frustrating sigh!!!

Interesting. Thanks. My last reply was before I read this.

speciallyblend
09-15-2010, 09:13 PM
Interesting. Thanks. My last reply was before I read this.

The only thing i can assure you is the tea party in colorado was formed and is operated by Ron Paul supporters from across many party lines:)

crazyfacedjenkins
09-15-2010, 10:11 PM
This wouldn't be an issue if we had liberty candidates winning Democrat conventions as well.

speciallyblend
09-15-2010, 10:21 PM
This wouldn't be an issue if we had liberty candidates winning Democrat conventions as well.

yep, the samething we are doing in the republican party can be done in the democratic party as well! There are plenty of conservative democrats that support Ron Paul's platform!!

We are one election away from having a majority County seat with dems and republicans in Lake County Colorado!!! Liberty Candidates 2010, Ron Paul 2012

libertybrewcity
09-15-2010, 11:21 PM
yep, the samething we are doing in the republican party can be done in the democratic party as well! There are plenty of conservative democrats that support Ron Paul's platform!!

We are one election away from having a majority County seat with dems and republicans in Lake County Colorado!!! Liberty Candidates 2010, Ron Paul 2012

Wonderful news!

Jaykzo
09-16-2010, 12:23 PM
I can't see the positive side to supporting a guy like Maes. I can't find any information to disprove the reports that he was fined for paying himself out of campaign funds and lied about his past.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-colorado-governor-20100915,0,7136605.story

Doesn't seem like the kind of activity you want associated with a movement.