PDA

View Full Version : John Dennis: The Anti-Pelosi

escapinggreatly
09-15-2010, 01:23 PM
Holy crap, someone noticed that Pelosi has an opponent. Stop the presses!

Full story (http://dailycaller.com/2010/09/15/meet-john-dennis-the-man-who-seeks-to-silence-the-speaker-in-san-francisco/)

He’s the anti-war, gay-friendly congressional candidate from San Francisco who recently held a rally with former Green Party city supervisor Matt Gonzalez.

And he’s the Republican.

Meet John Dennis, a 46-year-old entrepreneur who hopes to be the David to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s Goliath come November. Dennis knows that any member of the GOP faces long odds in California’s 8th district, which is why he invited Gonzalez and Texas Republican Rep. Ron Paul to co-host an event called “Principles over Parties” earlier this month. The trio emphasized a message of looking beyond political labels and identifying the results voters get from the representatives they elect. By associating with Paul, Dennis hopes San Franciscans will recognize how serious he is about bringing American troops home from battles overseas.

“I started working for Ron Paul’s presidential campaign back in 2007,” Dennis told The Daily Caller in a phone interview. “There was a moment, a specific moment in the South Carolina debate, when Paul had a head-to-head conflict with Rudy Giuliani about the war on terror. That’s what got me more interested in politics, and that’s why I’m running today.”

The “specific moment” in question happened when Paul was asked about his opinion that the war in Iraq was a mistake, a view shared by a strong majority of the citizens of San Francisco. Paul explained his belief that U.S. intervention around the world causes “blowback” in the form of violence against Americans. After Paul argued that even Osama bin Laden had said the 9/11 attacks were retaliation for previous American actions in the Middle East, Giuliani insisted that the comments be withdrawn, calling them “absurd.” The exchange has received hundreds of thousands of views on YouTube.