PDA

View Full Version : Rand Palin??? Conway's latest plea

ScotTX
09-15-2010, 12:15 PM
The hits just keep comin' from the Conway camp:

Rand Paul's bringing in the big guns.

In the last two weeks, three separate polls have shown this race statistically tied, and Rand is starting to sweat.

Just in time to rescue him, Sarah Palin -- whose endorsement gave Rand a big boost in the primary -- is riding in to appear with him here on Thursday.

Only a candidate as divorced from reality as Rand Paul could think an appearance by Palin will reassure voters he's not too risky, radical, and uninformed to be Kentucky's next senator. In fact, those very same adjectives could describe Palin herself!

What do you think makes Rand Paul and Sarah Palin the most similar? Vote in our online survey now!

Here's one of my favorites: Rand Paul has said that non-violent crimes shouldn't be against the law. Does Sarah Palin agree with that absurd statement?

Just to give you one example: That means in Rand Paul and Sarah Palin's world, Wall Street criminals like Bernie Madoff -- the investment fraud who robbed thousands of people of their retirements -- didn't do anything wrong and wouldn't even be in jail.

That kind of hostility to compassion, and hostility to the truth, is one of Sarah Palin and Rand Paul's biggest similarities.

But the similarities don't end there. What about Rand Paul reminds you the most of Sarah Palin?

Head to our online survey to cast your vote now, and see what other Conway supporters voted for.

When you look at the polls, it's clear: This race is tied. No amount of Sarah Palin is going to save Rand Paul from the hole he's dug himself with reasonable voters.

Thanks for your support,

Jonathan Drobis
Campaign Manager
Conway for Senate

RonPaulFanInGA
09-15-2010, 12:19 PM
At least Paul isn't afraid to be in the same room as Palin. Remember when Biden visited Kentucky and Conway fled like a bat out of hell? And anyone here think Conway wouldn't do that if Obama visited Kentucky too?

AuH20
09-15-2010, 12:21 PM
Equating Bernie Madoff to Palin, nevermind Rand, is insane.

TheDriver
09-15-2010, 12:21 PM
Cue Palin - Jack video

Sola_Fide
09-15-2010, 12:34 PM
YouTube - Worst Fight Scene Ever (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1eFdUSnaQM&feature=related)

Fozz
09-15-2010, 01:49 PM
Rand needs to set the record straight on the context of that remark if he wants a second Randslide.

sailingaway
09-15-2010, 01:53 PM
Rand sweating?

Not lately.

Conway on the other hand is spinning and spinning madly.

RM918
09-15-2010, 01:56 PM
Rand needs to set the record straight on the context of that remark if he wants a second Randslide.

Then they'll just pick another remark to lie about. What's the point?

MRoCkEd
09-15-2010, 01:58 PM
Nobody's going to believe that Rand wants burglary to be legal.

BenIsForRon
09-15-2010, 04:54 PM
Wow, I didn't realize how worthless Conway's campaign was until I read that. Holy crap, they have nothing.

Revontulet
09-15-2010, 05:00 PM
As much as I dislike Palin, this really is gutter stuff.

TVMH
09-15-2010, 05:38 PM
That means in Rand Paul and Sarah Palin's world, Wall Street criminals like Bernie Madoff -- the investment fraud who robbed thousands of people of their retirements -- didn't do anything wrong and wouldn't even be in jail.

I don't know which is funnier:

1) The notion that Conway campaign operatives actually believe this tripe to be true, or;

2) The prospect of Jack Conway going on national television and looking utterly retarded as he tries to explain why he thinks his opponent believes abject fraud is acceptable in a civilized society.

:D

rprprs
09-15-2010, 05:49 PM
Rand Paul has said that non-violent crimes shouldn't be against the law.

I'm curious. Exactly what quote of Rand's are they spinning when they make that statement?

sailingaway
09-15-2010, 05:51 PM
I'm curious. Exactly what quote of Rand's are they spinning when they make that statement?

It is in the new ad Conway put out. It has a few words taken from a wide ranging discussion of laws from motorcycle helmets to the lottery, and when asked about gambling Rand in 2008 said something about nonviolent acts should not be illegal, but no one is going to believe he meant burglary, as the ad immediately pretends. It is ludicrous.

RonPaulFanInGA
09-15-2010, 05:52 PM

One on local Kentucky television in late 2008 where Paul was arguing for legalized slot machine gambling and noting your odds are much better with slot machines than the state lottery.

Here is the video, the Paul quote can be found at 5:20:

YouTube - (2/2) Rand Paul on Kentucky Tonight 11/24/08 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIBuXOMrvTs)

libertybrewcity
09-15-2010, 06:04 PM
YouTube - Worst Fight Scene Ever (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1eFdUSnaQM&feature=related)

LOL X 1mil

Matt Collins
09-15-2010, 06:12 PM
The Democrat propaganda machine is churning at full tilt I see.

rprprs
09-15-2010, 06:12 PM
Thank you, RPFIG. I was wondering if he had actually used those specific words. I thought perhaps they were referring to a quote where he said something about "victimless" crimes, and that they had completely falsified the statement. The video answered that question, and, of course, I know what Rand meant.

Brett85
09-15-2010, 06:29 PM
Why would any liberal want to vote for Conway? Aren't liberals supposed to believe that people shouldn't get thrown in jail for victimless crimes? It seems like everything is backwards in this race.

KCIndy
09-15-2010, 06:31 PM

HEY!

We Trek fans resent this blatant attack on our juvenile fantasies!! Long live Captain Kirk! Down with the Gorn!! :D

Jandrsn21
09-15-2010, 06:47 PM
Why would any liberal want to vote for Conway? Aren't liberals supposed to believe that people shouldn't get thrown in jail for victimless crimes? It seems like everything is backwards in this race.

One point in proving the "two headed one party system." Liberal media, while Bush was in power, were bashing him for civil rights violations, illegal wars, and corporate fraud. Now that Obama has continued with the exact same policies they are on board! Notice how Fox news is pushing the more libertarian side, after republicans take hold again fox will then again start cheerleading the Republican held government and its crimes *cough* sorry mistakes. Then back and forth until our country is completely destroyed and at that point we will be so confused we won't know who to blame. Identifying the true power structure is our first task, our second, finding representatives who know this is well and voting them into office!

We have sent in quite a few this year, (potentially, but most likely!) however Rand said it best, we are not out of the woods yet, Republicans were just as bad as the Democrats when they held power. Our hope for 2011-2012 is that the newbies can put enough pressure on the rest to push for some meaningful legislation.

I had a friend who DESPISED Bush and the war for the longest time. When I pointed out that Obama won his Peace Prize for bombing Pakistani children, he just snapped and was like, you don't know what we are up against, we can't just pull them out now, we still have a job to do! I was shocked! People invested so much emotionally into Obama and the Democrats that literally can't admit they got betrayed. Also some may be pride, admitting you were wrong is a HARD thing to do! Anyway I'm ranting, hope you get my point :)

TVMH
09-15-2010, 08:20 PM
one point in proving the "two headed one party system." liberal media, while bush was in power, were bashing him for civil rights violations, illegal wars, and corporate fraud. Now that obama has continued with the exact same policies they are on board! Notice how fox news is pushing the more libertarian side, after republicans take hold again fox will then again start cheerleading the republican held government and its crimes *cough* sorry mistakes. Then back and forth until our country is completely destroyed and at that point we will be so confused we won't know who to blame. Identifying the true power structure is our first task, our second, finding representatives who know this is well and voting them into office!

We have sent in quite a few this year, (potentially, but most likely!) however rand said it best, we are not out of the woods yet, republicans were just as bad as the democrats when they held power. Our hope for 2011-2012 is that the newbies can put enough pressure on the rest to push for some meaningful legislation.

I had a friend who despised bush and the war for the longest time. When i pointed out that obama won his peace prize for bombing pakistani children, he just snapped and was like, you don't know what we are up against, we can't just pull them out now, we still have a job to do! I was shocked! People invested so much emotionally into obama and the democrats that literally can't admit they got betrayed. Also some may be pride, admitting you were wrong is a hard thing to do! Anyway i'm ranting, hope you get my point :)

+1776 :)

thomas-in-ky
09-15-2010, 08:49 PM
one point in proving the "two headed one party system." liberal media, while bush was in power, were bashing him for civil rights violations, illegal wars, and corporate fraud. Now that obama has continued with the exact same policies they are on board! Notice how fox news is pushing the more libertarian side, after republicans take hold again fox will then again start cheerleading the republican held government and its crimes *cough* sorry mistakes. Then back and forth until our country is completely destroyed and at that point we will be so confused we won't know who to blame. Identifying the true power structure is our first task, our second, finding representatives who know this is well and voting them into office!

We have sent in quite a few this year, (potentially, but most likely!) however rand said it best, we are not out of the woods yet, republicans were just as bad as the democrats when they held power. Our hope for 2011-2012 is that the newbies can put enough pressure on the rest to push for some meaningful legislation.

I had a friend who despised bush and the war for the longest time. When i pointed out that obama won his peace prize for bombing pakistani children, he just snapped and was like, you don't know what we are up against, we can't just pull them out now, we still have a job to do! I was shocked! People invested so much emotionally into obama and the democrats that literally can't admit they got betrayed. Also some may be pride, admitting you were wrong is a hard thing to do! Anyway i'm ranting, hope you get my point :)

+1789

Monarchist
09-15-2010, 09:59 PM
John McCain 1,043,264 57.5%
Barack Obama 746,510 41.1%

I'm not sure why, but I don't think dragging out the "Palin Monster" is going to work in Kentucky.

ScotTX
09-15-2010, 10:15 PM
I'm not sure why, but I don't think dragging out the "Palin Monster" is going to work in Kentucky.

It's painfully obvious that the Conway camp has no idea what IS going to work in Kentucky. That's why he has to go on a national tour for 4 weeks to raise money from progressive elites.