PDA

View Full Version : WSJ: Parasite Class Obstacle to Cutting Spending

lx43
09-15-2010, 11:17 AM
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703791804575439732358241708.html?m od=WSJ_hpp_sections_news#articleTabs%3Darticle

This is why I'm not optomistic the Republicans can do anything 1)most of them are complete hypocrits talking out of both sides of their mouth 2) the American people aren't willing to cut entitlements. Half the nation works for a living, while the other half VOTES for a living.

I say cut every damn entitlement program until they are all gone. Make the parasites scream. :D

Efforts to tame America's ballooning budget deficit could soon confront a daunting reality: Nearly half of all Americans live in a household in which someone receives government benefits, more than at any time in history.

Yet even as Americans express concern over the deficit in opinion polls, many oppose benefit cuts, particularly with the economy on an uneven footing. A Wall Street Journal/NBC News poll conducted late last month found 61% of voters were "enthusiastic" or "comfortable" with congressional candidates who support cutting federal spending in general. But 56% expressed the same enthusiasm for candidates who voted to extend unemployment benefits.

Cutting spending on these "entitlements" is widely seen as an inevitable ingredient in any credible deficit-reduction program. Yet despite occasional bouts of belt-tightening in Washington and bursts of discussion about restraining big government, the trend toward more Americans receiving government benefits of one sort or another has continued for more than 70 years—and shows no sign of abating.

Acala
09-15-2010, 11:32 AM
I thought the article was going to be about the banks, the military industrial complex, and subsidized industry. My mistake.

Cowlesy
09-15-2010, 11:40 AM
Ms. Mueller-Holden's family earned too little to pay federal taxes last year, and received an extension on their state taxes. "Quite frankly, I don't care about the deficit," says Ms. Mueller-Holden. "It's going to take years upon years upon years to pay this all back," she says, so it's better to focus on job growth now and deal with the deficit later.

Great mindset, lady. So your cute little kids have to deal with the deficit --- how nice of you.

LibertyMage
09-15-2010, 12:26 PM
[url]Make the parasites scream. :D

That kind of language isn't going to win hearts and minds.

RedStripe
09-15-2010, 12:35 PM
People living off of intellectual property rights, government R&D, government contracts, artificial licensing rights, and fundamentally anti-free market rents/interests/profits derived from government-granted ownership rights and monopoly protection are the true parasite class. They are the to 1-5% of the population. Then you have the professional and managerial class which does it's job of protecting the parasite class and keeping the masses regimented and subdued.

Oh, right I'm supposed to hate the poor for eating the crumbs off the table. :rolleyes:

Anti Federalist
09-15-2010, 02:15 PM
I thought the article was going to be about the banks, the military industrial surveillance complex, and subsidized industry. My mistake.

Yeah, LOL myself, I thought the same thing.