PDA

View Full Version : Business tax cuts

MLabreche
09-15-2010, 10:33 AM
Help me get this, how would it help the economy? Small ones will be able to hire more people but what about those who make a lot of profit? What's the point?

noxagol
09-15-2010, 10:44 AM
Anything that makes doing business easier will help the economy.

And don't forget when you cut taxes you also have to cut spending.

In reality though, you have to cut spending before you can ever get to that point since just about every government in the US runs a deficit.

Elwar
09-15-2010, 10:46 AM
Any tax cut would help the economy.

It's getting money back into the hands of those produce. Out of the hands of parasites.

ChaosControl
09-15-2010, 10:52 AM
It is doubtful it'd help much. It is targeting the supply instead of the demand, which is kind of stupid. If you want a boost to the economy you'd cut the tax rates in a way that'd increase demand, that is of individuals who would spend the money. Those who would spend the money with the higher percentage would be the lower and middle class. Therefore the best thing for the economy would be to cut tax rates on the lower and middle class. I think the best way to do this would be cut payroll taxes.

Elwar
09-15-2010, 10:55 AM
Worked under Reagan. Go with something proven to work.

YumYum
Tax cuts are not going to happen. In fact, we will be soon witnessing the beginning of huge tax increases on every income level. Greenspan (who used to be against high taxes) says we need higher taxes. The Godfather of the Fed has spoken.

Taxes must rise to fight budget deficit: Greenspan

NEW YORK (Reuters) – Taxes must rise while fiscal stimulus needs to be wound down in order to reduce the U.S. budget deficit and allow private investment to expand, said former Chairman of the Federal Reserve Alan Greenspan on Wednesday.

"I am in favor for the first time in my memory of raising taxes," Greenspan told an audience at the Council on Foreign Relations in New York

He warned that the deficit, swollen by massive stimulus spending, was crowding out capital investment. We "must find a way to simmer down fiscal activism and allow the economy to heal," he said, adding that that stimulus spending had been far less successful than anticipated.

read more...http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20100915/ts_nm/us_greenspan

noxagol
Businesses buy stuff too.

lx43
09-15-2010, 11:07 AM
The more profit I make on my business the more likely I am going to reinvest those profits back into the business to hire new people or buy new equipment to replace those that are outdated or make it more efficienct. Either way I am helping the economy. Not to mention most people are missing the point, I earned the money, therefore I have a right to all of it to do as I see fit. Most politicans and people think its THEIR money even though they didn't do a damn thing to EARN IT. Any tax cuts help, I say cut taxes for everyone while at the same time taking a axe to govt spending.

One sure bet is to help businesses save money is to significantly cut govt regulation.

oyarde
09-15-2010, 05:14 PM
If our business taxes are as low as the lowest worldwide it will bring jobs and business to the US. Those jobs are needed now . They will come . It is still the best place to live . If small business gets tax cuts , it will help create jobs .

Noob
09-15-2010, 05:17 PM
A true tax cut would be cut the rate to 0%, and no one would ever have to pay income taxes and business taxes again.

oyarde
09-16-2010, 06:32 PM
The health bill has tax increases in it for companies that make medical .

oyarde
09-17-2010, 08:54 PM
3.5 % if I recall .

Icymudpuppy
09-18-2010, 01:50 AM
I'm gonna need all the tax cuts I can get since I'm going to owe $6000 in health care penalties next year.

cindy25
09-18-2010, 06:28 AM
businesses don't pay taxes, just as they don't contribute 1/2 of social security

its ALL passed on.