PDA

View Full Version : Karl Rove vs Sean Hannity on O'Donnell win [fight video]

Matt Collins
09-15-2010, 10:27 AM
neocon fighting neocon
:D

YouTube - Hannity debates Karl Rove on O'Donnell win.mov (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tif_plMHhHg)

Lucille
09-15-2010, 10:34 AM
Is Hannity a neocon really?

He's definitely a socon (which neocons are not -- they just use them to get elected), and a hawk, and supports the idiotic neocon foreign policy agenda, but I'm not sure that he supports the welfare state like neocons do (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neoconservatism).

Kludge
09-15-2010, 10:35 AM
How jealous y'think Hannity is of Beck?

TNforPaul45
09-15-2010, 10:35 AM
Matt, with this one video, Karl Rove just doomed the "Republican Establishment" I believe. He did this by giving it a face. Now the term is no longer an amorphous, cloudy, undefined term. Normal political followers (not us obsessive types) can now point to someone and say "Republican Establishment."

If O'Donnell is smart, her first ad will be a video of Rove and everyone else who criticized her "electability."

If we are smart, then we should make a video of all the Establishment people who said "Rand can't Win" then "O'Donnell cant win" and then cut in videos of "Ron Paul Cant Win", really make that connection. It would be a powerful message, I think.

Though I don't know enough of her background to know if she is worthy of being included in one of our videos :)

TNforPaul45
09-15-2010, 10:37 AM
Is Hannity a neocon really?

He's definitely a socon, and a hawk, and supports the idiotic neocon foreign policy agenda, but I'm not sure that he supports the welfare state like neocons do (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neoconservatism).

Hannity is a person who realizes that he "missed the train" with this GOP tea party "wave" and he's trying desperately to stay relevant, because he has always been in line and step with Rove/Gingrich/etc establishment types.

He's always sucked up to them by parroting their opinions and championing them as paragons of conservatism, but now he sees the writing on the wall in the party and is trying to suck up to the new power brokers.

Sad.

TheTyke
09-15-2010, 10:38 AM
If we are smart, then we should make a video of all the Establishment people who said "Rand can't Win" then "O'Donnell cant win" and then cut in videos of "Ron Paul Cant Win", really make that connection. It would be a powerful message, I think.

Great point!! Especially if they both get elected. Let's start saving the videos now! :D

Lucille
09-15-2010, 10:40 AM
Hannity is a person who realizes that he "missed the train" with this GOP tea party "wave" and he's trying desperately to stay relevant, because he has always been in line and step with Rove/Gingrich/etc establishment types.

He's always sucked up to them by parroting their opinions and championing them as paragons of conservatism, but now he sees the writing on the wall in the party and is trying to suck up to the new power brokers.

Sad.

That makes sense.

Brian4Liberty
09-15-2010, 10:44 AM

Most likely explanation.

Ekrub
09-15-2010, 10:47 AM

Sad.

+1

I think an ideal Fox line up would be Stossel, Beck, the Napolitano (though I think Napolitano needs to refine his show a bit. I love his views but I think he flys through segments and doesn't really get good debate.

Hannity is a follower.
O'Reilly is a Neo-Con/Liberal War-Hawk

Beck is an opportunist, but one that can be used for a transition from the Hannity/ O'Reilly to Stossel/ Napolitano

lester1/2jr
09-15-2010, 10:47 AM
Hannity makes tens of millions of dollars a year. if he is angry at anyone or anything he has a lot of consolation at the bank

specsaregood
09-15-2010, 11:09 AM

Sad.

The first day Hannity's radio show was nationally syndicated was 9/10/2001. Just saying.....

In a way, the 9/12 glenn beck thing represents the end of the hannity era....

charrob
09-15-2010, 12:19 PM
Yesterday in D.C. :

YouTube - CODEPINK Citizen Arrest of Karl Rove in DC (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fS7HiZlbBxM)

LibertyEagle
09-15-2010, 12:36 PM
It's all just a scripted play.

Bruno
09-15-2010, 12:41 PM
Why doesn't Rove just support her> that would make too much sense.

Jordan
09-15-2010, 12:43 PM
It's good for republicans that she's going to lose.

The Republicans will have control of the House, but not the Senate. They can come up with some wickedly popular but unworkable bill in the House (killing the IRS without reducing spending, for instance), shoot it over to the Senate and let the Democrats vote it down. If not the Senate, then Obama vetoes it.

Either way, Republicans don't need the Senate. Nor should they want it. Being off by 1 vote in the Senate could mean much bigger gains in 2012 for the GOP. Political compound interest, so to speak.

georgiaboy
09-15-2010, 12:49 PM
It's all just a scripted play.

Always good to keep in the back of one's mind. Ever vigilant.

However, I'm not sure where this script is headed.

Matt Collins
09-16-2010, 12:39 AM
YouTube - Michelle Malkin Unloads on Karl Rove For His Vicious Attacks on O'Donnell (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VXmCMv18iQ&feature=player_embedded)