PDA

View Full Version : TIN FOIL HAT-Where's that from?

pcosmar
09-15-2010, 08:38 AM
Do you know?
Where did the phrase "tin foil hat" come from? What does it mean?

Folks throw it around a lot, as a derogatory, and targeting conspiracy theorists.

Do you know that it has a basis in Fact. A basis in a very ugly reality.

It is not funny, once you look at the truth of it.
:(

Sola_Fide
09-15-2010, 08:40 AM
I heard wire mesh is better than tin foil. Is this true?

jake
09-15-2010, 08:42 AM
look it up on wikipedia :)

specsaregood
09-15-2010, 08:50 AM
pffft, real nutters get silver lined hats.
http://www.lessemf.com/images/a219.jpg

pcosmar
09-15-2010, 08:55 AM
pffft, real nutters get silver lined hats.
http://www.lessemf.com/images/a219.jpg

Not really funny. If you think about it.

"We need a program of psychosurgery and political control of our society. The purpose is physical control of the mind. Everyone who deviates from the given norm can be surgically mutilated.
"The individual may think that the most important reality is his own existence, but this is only his personal point of view. This lacks historical perspective.
"Man does not have the right to develop his own mind. This kind of liberal orientation has great appeal. We must electrically control the brain. Some day armies and generals will be controlled by electrical stimulation of the brain."

Dr. Jose Delgado (MKULTRA experimenter who demonstrated a radio- controlled bull on CNN in 1985)
Director of Neuropsychiatry, Yale University Medical School
Congressional Record No. 26, Vol. 118, February 24, 1974

pcosmar
09-15-2010, 09:09 AM
I heard wire mesh is better than tin foil. Is this true?

I have my doubts that it is in any way effective. In fact I have seen one tongue in cheek "study" that showed it to be counterproductive.

However the reality of electronic mind control or manipulation exists.

specsaregood
09-15-2010, 09:13 AM
Not really funny. If you think about it.

Would have been funnier if I had said boxer shorts then? :)
http://www.lessemf.com/images/a206.jpg

Kelly.
09-15-2010, 09:25 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tin_foil_hat

squarepusher
09-15-2010, 09:26 AM
its obviously to block the mind reading rays

pcosmar
09-15-2010, 09:27 AM
http://newdawnmagazine.com.au/Article/Brain_Zapping_Part_One.html

American interest in the hypnosis-EMR [electromagnetic radiation] interaction was still strong as of 1974, when a research plan was filed to develop useful techniques in human volunteers. The experimenter, J.F. Schapitz, stated: “In this investigation it will be shown that the spoken word of the hypnotist may also be conveyed by modulated electromagnetic energy directly into the subconscious parts of the human brain – i.e., without employing any technical devices for receiving or transcoding the messages and without the person exposed to such influence having a chance to control the information input consciously”.2
– Robert O. Becker, Nobel Prize nominee, 1985
http://www.luxefaire.com/devilvision/9chapter9.html

"...Some may scoff at electronic mind control, but I tell you, it is just the logical extension of concerted and well financed programs that’ve been going on now for a century or more...it is not even a culmination, this, it is just another step in your forced becoming, your becoming of something inhuman...the perfect slave. Count the antennae! Look around yourselves...and as Mr. T has been know to say: READ Fool! Read as if your very lives depended on it. Because whether you know it or not, they do..."

crazyfacedjenkins
09-15-2010, 09:29 AM
You don't wear one?????? Jesus buttfucking Christ, you better get one on pronto before the NWO hears any more of your thoughts!!!

crazyfacedjenkins
09-15-2010, 09:30 AM
http://hwcdn.themoviedb.org/oldimg/backdrops/44981/Futurama_into_the_Wild_Green_Yonder_-_19.png

Valli6
09-15-2010, 09:47 AM
ORIGINS
"first mentioned in a sci-fi story by julian huxley first published in 1927, in which the protagonist discovers that "caps of metal foil" can be used to block the effects of telepathy. Since then, the usage of the term has been associated with paranoia and conspiracy theories. The supposed reasons for their use include the prevention of perceived harassment from governments, spies or paranormal beings. These draw on the stereotypical images of mind control operating by esp or technological means, like microwave radiation. The effectiveness of tin foil hats is disputable; however, the belief in their necessity is popularly associated with paranoia."

SCIENTIFIC BASIS
"the notion that a tin foil hat can significantly reduce the intensity of incident radio frequency radiation on the wearer's brain has some scientific validity, as the effect of strong radio waves has been documented for quite some time. A well-constructed tin foil enclosure would approximate a faraday cage, reducing the amount of (typically harmless) radiofrequency electromagnetic radiation inside..."

"tin foil hats are seen by some as a protective measure against the effects of electromagnetic radiation (emr)."

ELECTRO MAGNETIC HEARING
"humans are able to detect modulated radio-frequency electromagnetic signals in the microwave range, hearing them as sounds. The perceived source of induced sound is located inside of or directly behind the head of the recipient, regardless of the location of the transmitter. The effect is believed to be caused by thermoelastic expansion of the brain exposed to microwaves.

During the cold war, electromagnetic hearing was clinically studied in the united states for applications including covert message transmission and use as a non-lethal weapon.
As a declassified national ground intelligence center document points out:
It may be useful to provide a disruptive condition to a person not aware of the technology. Not only might it be disruptive to the sense of hearing, it could be psychologically devastating if one suddenly heard "voices within one's head'."

"in 1962, allan h. Frey discovered that reception of the induced sound can be blocked by a patch of wire mesh (not foil) placed above the temporal lobe."
ALLAN FREY
Allan h. Frey (born 1935) is an american neuroscientist known for his research and writing during the cold war on the nature of the microwave auditory effect, also called the "frey effect". He worked at general electric's advanced electronics center at cornell university. In 1975, frey published a study in the annals of the new york academy of sciences stating that microwaves "with certain modulations" could cause leakage in the blood-brain barrier, with possibly lethal consequences. After publishing this, he was effectively silenced by the united states government. Frey currently lives in annapolis, maryland.

pcosmar
09-15-2010, 11:21 AM
Yeah, Ha ha. Make jokes and poke fun at the victims.

I am not amused.

Operation Paperclip brought some of the sickest minds in existence to this country. Most were physicists and rocket scientists, but not all. Some of the nazi medical researchers were also imported.
They later worked in areas of MK-Ultra. Of the many sick and horrific experiments done of live and often unwilling subjects included electronic means. Both for conditioning and for torture.

As victims of this abuse come forward they are often dismissed as Tinfoil hatters to the point that it has become a common derogatory.
Mk Ultra is not a theory. It is a very real and horrific conspiracy.

It's full extent is unknown.
What is known and documented is mind boggling.

It is no wonder that most are too cowardly to look it in the face, and resort to crude jokes directed at the victims instead.

dannno
09-15-2010, 11:49 AM
People who use that term in a derogatory way are simply un-educated about our government's past actions. I would kinda feel sorry for them if they weren't screwing us over so much.

Danke
09-15-2010, 12:13 PM
http://www.rnupress.com/images/medieval-knight-armor-1.gif

phill4paul
09-15-2010, 01:17 PM
My chiropractor told me that HAARP is engineered with electro-magnetic control in mind. I had known that it was alleged that it could affect weather. However, The allegations of mind control are new to me. Guess I'll just have to research some.

Romulus
09-15-2010, 01:20 PM
My chiropractor told me that HAARP is engineered with electro-magnetic control in mind. I had known that it was alleged that it could affect weather. However, The allegations of mind control are new to me. Guess I'll just have to research some.

Wow... you know the masses are waking up when your chiropractor is talking about HAARP! lol

pcosmar
09-15-2010, 01:29 PM
There is much known.
Congress held hearing into it and members saw the evidence.

No arrests have ever been made nor charges filed against any of the known criminals involved.

Some people blow it off as government incompetence.
Bullshit
There are some truly evil folks in positions of power. They protect evil.

http://www.wanttoknow.info/bluebird10pg

The participation of psychiatrists and medical schools in mind control research was not a matter of a few scattered doctors pursuing questionable lines of investigation. Rather, the mind control experimentation was systematic, organized, and involved many leading psychiatrists and medical schools. The mind control experiments were interwoven with radiation experiments, and research on chemical and biological weapons. They were funded by the CIA, Army, Navy, Air Force, and by other agencies including the Public Health Service and the Scottish Rite Foundation.

phill4paul
09-15-2010, 01:35 PM
Wow... you know the masses are waking up when your chiropractor is talking about HAARP! lol

Not in this case. He's done federal time as a tax protester. He's been on to their game for awhile. It is one of the reasons why I choose him. That and he does a good job of "crackin' da bones."

pcosmar
09-15-2010, 01:47 PM
"The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it." ~ Albert Einstein

Something from the MSM,
http://abcnews.go.com/print?id=5305386
Or this,
http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2008/05/army-removes-pa/

Bruno
09-15-2010, 01:51 PM
Yeah, Ha ha. Make jokes and poke fun at the victims.

I am not amused.

Operation Paperclip brought some of the sickest minds in existence to this country. Most were physicists and rocket scientists, but not all. Some of the nazi medical researchers were also imported.
They later worked in areas of MK-Ultra. Of the many sick and horrific experiments done of live and often unwilling subjects included electronic means. Both for conditioning and for torture.

As victims of this abuse come forward they are often dismissed as Tinfoil hatters to the point that it has become a common derogatory.
Mk Ultra is not a theory. It is a very real and horrific conspiracy.

It's full extent is unknown.
What is known and documented is mind boggling.

It is no wonder that most are too cowardly to look it in the face, and resort to crude jokes directed at the victims instead.

good post

Acala
09-15-2010, 02:18 PM
Sadly, electronic mind control is not necessary. Humans are so easily and predictably manipulated with words and images that the folks who have made it their life's work have been able to take whatever they want for all of human history virtually unopposed except by their own kind.

Just look around you. Want genocide? No problem. World war? Coming right up. A monopoly on creating money? Here you go. No electronic mind control needed. And no tin foil hat will help.