PDA

View Full Version : O'Donnell being written off?

itshappening
09-15-2010, 03:56 AM
I dont believe it's impossible for her to win and I can't believe the GOP are abandoning her.

It's going to be up to grassroots to help fund her and guide her.

She needs serious campaign advice and help from the likes of Sen. Jim DeMint.

The Dims are so unpopular a sheep as a GOP candidate can win in most places this year.

Who would have thought Sharron Angle could be competitive against Prince Harry, who has $20 million dollars of special interest cash

If Angle has a chance then O'Donnell has a chance.

She needs to run a good campaign, stress how much Obama sucks and hope a motivated electorate will "send a message to Washington".

She needs to run against the political establishment, like Rand Paul is doing.

Her poll numbers are only bad because she is virtually unknown. I can see that changing in time and as more Deleware voters tune into the race.

Her opponent is talking the same old crap promising he can create jobs, well his President hasn't done a very good job at that, look at the monthly numbers.

Deleware needs a Senator who doesn't promise more of the same and will oppose the job killing agenda of President Obama.

That's the choice facing the electorate and she needs to get the word out.

Allan Bartlett
09-15-2010, 04:03 AM
She should ignore all the insiders that say she has no chance. These are the same people that wrote her off against Mike Castle. Does she have some negative baggage, sure she does, but I would rather go down fighting for someone like Christine than have a guy like Castle in there who is part of the ruling class.

Johnnybags
09-15-2010, 04:34 AM
that happens when not one of the elitist actually has a shot. Cannot win blahblahblah. Good thing is this time the more they say it the more people tell the pundits to stick it. The dumb RINOs think they are energizing the party when in truth the RINOs are dead and riding the teaparty coattails.

One Last Battle!
09-15-2010, 05:35 AM
that happens when not one of the elitist actually has a shot. Cannot win blahblahblah. Good thing is this time the more they say it the more people tell the pundits to stick it. The dumb RINOs think they are energizing the party when in truth the RINOs are dead and riding the teaparty coattails.

O'Donnell beats Castle, but she is a complete crook and Neo Con. Supporting her when we have more viable, consistent candidates (Sharron Angle, Rand Paul, etc etc) is a waste of time and moneh.

parocks
09-15-2010, 06:04 AM
She'll win. But it's crazy. Why are the neocons attacking her so hard?

She must be a liberty candidate in disguise. All the Republicans that liberty fans hate the most, like Karl Rove, are attacking Christine with ferocity.

I dont believe it's impossible for her to win and I can't believe the GOP are abandoning her.

It's going to be up to grassroots to help fund her and guide her.

She needs serious campaign advice and help from the likes of Sen. Jim DeMint.

The Dims are so unpopular a sheep as a GOP candidate can win in most places this year.

Who would have thought Sharron Angle could be competitive against Prince Harry, who has $20 million dollars of special interest cash

If Angle has a chance then O'Donnell has a chance.

She needs to run a good campaign, stress how much Obama sucks and hope a motivated electorate will "send a message to Washington".

She needs to run against the political establishment, like Rand Paul is doing.

Her poll numbers are only bad because she is virtually unknown. I can see that changing in time and as more Deleware voters tune into the race.

Her opponent is talking the same old crap promising he can create jobs, well his President hasn't done a very good job at that, look at the monthly numbers.

Deleware needs a Senator who doesn't promise more of the same and will oppose the job killing agenda of President Obama.

That's the choice facing the electorate and she needs to get the word out.

parocks
09-15-2010, 06:07 AM
Christine is being attacked by the neocons.

Karl Rove, an architect of the Bush foreign policy.
Charles Krauthamer, a full bodied, no strings attached neocon, was even more upset with Christine.

The real neocons are jewish, or a whole lot of em.

Christine worked to sell "The Passion"

Christine is a conservative Catholic. The neocons don't like her one bit.

O'Donnell beats Castle, but she is a complete crook and Neo Con. Supporting her when we have more viable, consistent candidates (Sharron Angle, Rand Paul, etc etc) is a waste of time and moneh.

MozoVote
09-15-2010, 06:09 AM
Watching these scorpions turn on each other is fascinating. Christine's foreign policy statements sound pretty hawkish. She is another "Michelle Bachmann". Yet the neo pundits can't stomach her anyway.

parocks
09-15-2010, 06:30 AM
They know the difference between a neocon and Christine. They know her.
Theres a difference between hawkish and neocon. If you used the word "hawk" to describe people rather than "neocon" you'll be much more accurate much more often.

Watching these scorpions turn on each other is fascinating. Christine's foreign policy statements sound pretty hawkish. She is another "Michelle Bachmann". Yet the neo pundits can't stomach her anyway.

brenden.b
09-15-2010, 07:32 AM
The only good thing that came out of this election is the fact that Mike Castle, a virtual incumbent in this race, was defeated. It sent another message to the GOP that hand picked candidates are going to fly this year and that this is not just another good Republican year. O'Donnell really only served the purpose of defeating Castle.

Other than that, she really is an awful candidate and it is not only because of her foreign policy. She also supports federal funding of education and she doesn't pay her taxes or her campaign debt. O'Donnell has a lot of baggage with her that the Democrats are just going to destroy her with.

She could still win, and it wouldn't be the worst of things considering that she has promised to only run for re-election once, but, like I said, her main role was to knock out Castle who was a very very bad Republican.

We should confuse the fact that all because the "Neocons" and the Republican establishment have been trying to destroy her that she is somehow a friend of ours. If anything, she is an instrument to inflict pain on the Republican Party.

parocks
09-15-2010, 08:42 AM
Your enemy of your enemy is your friend.

I keep on forgetting that although Ron Paul is a Republican, most people here don't like Republicans. And don't draw distinctions between the worst Republicans and the best Republicans. You do seem to understand the difference between Castle and Christine.

Coons is of course far far worse, and because Obama is unpopular in Delaware,
Christine will likely be able to run pretty close, pretty quick. 48 Christine / 46 Coons just as a referendum on Obama. And she does pick up young single women w/out 4 year degrees, who usually call themselves liberal and vote Democrat.

The only good thing that came out of this election is the fact that Mike Castle, a virtual incumbent in this race, was defeated. It sent another message to the GOP that hand picked candidates are going to fly this year and that this is not just another good Republican year. O'Donnell really only served the purpose of defeating Castle.

Other than that, she really is an awful candidate and it is not only because of her foreign policy. She also supports federal funding of education and she doesn't pay her taxes or her campaign debt. O'Donnell has a lot of baggage with her that the Democrats are just going to destroy her with.

She could still win, and it wouldn't be the worst of things considering that she has promised to only run for re-election once, but, like I said, her main role was to knock out Castle who was a very very bad Republican.

We should confuse the fact that all because the "Neocons" and the Republican establishment have been trying to destroy her that she is somehow a friend of ours. If anything, she is an instrument to inflict pain on the Republican Party.

jmhudak17
09-15-2010, 08:44 AM
O'Donnell is being written off by my American politics professor right now because "she's a radical". Then again, my professor is a liberal who worked for Dick Durbin, so I see why he says it. Wishful thinking.

parocks
09-15-2010, 08:45 AM
O'Donnell is being written off by my American politics professor right now because "she's a radical". Then again, my professor is a liberal who worked for Dick Durbin, so I see why he says it. Wishful thinking.

48% don't like Obama in DE. They'll vote for Christine.

crazyfacedjenkins
09-15-2010, 10:10 AM
I really didn't like this bitch but knowing the GOP hate her this bad, I hope she wins. I think the "baggage" actually allowed her to win this primary, made her more human-- Psych 101.

georgiaboy
09-15-2010, 10:23 AM
Is there a Libertarian in the race?

From the little I know about this situation, I see win everywhere.

brenden.b
09-15-2010, 10:44 AM
Will you people please do your homework before you start blindly supporting candidates all because the GOP Establishment hates them? Would she be better than Coons? Probably until the Republicans control the White House. The only reason why I supported her was so that she would defeat Castle, Other than that, I could care less what happens in the district. If she wins, fine, she will be against big spending for two years. If she loses, it wouldn't have been any different if Castle would have been the nominee and won the general election.

But overall, if you do homework, you will realize that O'Donnell is not a friend of ours and has a lot of baggage that we shouldn't want to be associating ourselves with.

My interest in this race is over, Mike Castle lost, that is a victory against the GOP establishment. What happens here on out, I could care less about. Sure it would be great to see the over-confident Democrats lose, but like I said, the GOP is starting to learn that it can't just throw crap in front of the voters and expect them to respond like Pavolov's dog.

TNforPaul45
09-15-2010, 10:50 AM
Will you people please do your homework before you start blindly supporting candidates all because the GOP Establishment hates them? Would she be better than Coons? Probably until the Republicans control the White House. The only reason why I supported her was so that she would defeat Castle, Other than that, I could care less what happens in the district. If she wins, fine, she will be against big spending for two years. If she loses, it wouldn't have been any different if Castle would have been the nominee and won the general election.

But overall, if you do homework, you will realize that O'Donnell is not a friend of ours and has a lot of baggage that we shouldn't want to be associating ourselves with.

My interest in this race is over, Mike Castle lost, that is a victory against the GOP establishment. What happens here on out, I could care less about. Sure it would be great to see the over-confident Democrats lose, but like I said, the GOP is starting to learn that it can't just throw crap in front of the voters and expect them to respond like Pavolov's dog.

You make a good point. The Devil we know versus the Devil we don't. It does us good to see the establishment types that actively worked against Ron Paul in 2008 be defeated left and right, but we know to be wary of anyone the GOP is supporting actively (the base, not the leaders), so we want to support these new "tea partiers" but we are smart enough to say "whoa, where are they coming from?"

I would say that it's barely a "net good" that they are winning. They are at least a bit more open to the Liberty message, even though they are getting it all skewed by mixing in emotional falsities such as "we're at war" and "terrorists" and all that jazz. What is bad is that all of the frustration of the American people that previously would have went to our Liberty Candidates is being "vented" into these tea party candidates, and that's exactly what the establishment really wants, no matter how many times the go on TV and bash them.

I think they are crying Crocodile Tears.

libertybrewcity
09-15-2010, 10:52 AM
In a PPP poll that came out today O'Donnell is down by 15 points. If she wants to win, she has a LONG way to go.

Matt Collins
09-15-2010, 10:57 AM
YouTube - Hannity debates Karl Rove on O'Donnell win.mov (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tif_plMHhHg&feature=player_embedded)

Xchange
09-15-2010, 11:04 AM

indeed

She says masturbation is akin to adultery
Smoking marijuana is immoral
She wants US troops in Iraq till their Gov is "stable" and wants to bomb Iran

She is a freaking crazy ass neo-con

if this is any indication of where the tea party is headed...It's ashame

anaconda
09-15-2010, 02:19 PM
I looked at her recent Rassmussen numbers and I think she's definitely in play for the win. She's already been catapulted into the national spotlight. All she needs is good Republican turnout, poor Democrat turnout, and to swing a few centrist Democrats and some "Hillary" Democrats.

A good solid infusion of grassroots money would sure help.

anaconda
09-15-2010, 02:20 PM
I really didn't like this bitch but knowing the GOP hate her this bad, I hope she wins. I think the "baggage" actually allowed her to win this primary, made her more human-- Psych 101.

Her website appears locked for donations only. Anybody know if she has a position on foreign interventionism or fiat money?

anaconda
09-15-2010, 02:34 PM
indeed

Thanks. I could not find any information on her platform. Sounds bad indeed. However, if she's a neocon why isn't Karl Rove masturbating to the idea of her being in the Senate? Instead of ripping her as big of an asshole as possible on Hannity's show?

silentshout
09-15-2010, 02:39 PM
I looked at her recent Rassmussen numbers and I think she's definitely in play for the win. She's already been catapulted into the national spotlight. All she needs is good Republican turnout, poor Democrat turnout, and to swing a few centrist Democrats and some "Hillary" Democrats.

A good solid infusion of grassroots money would sure help.

Well, candidates like her most likely will galvanize Democrats to vote. See how sarah palin fires them up if you disagree. I don't understand why the "tea party" pushes polarizing candidates like her.

brenden.b
09-15-2010, 02:50 PM
Her website appears locked for donations only. Anybody know if she has a position on foreign interventionism or fiat money?

She supports a first strike on Iran. She also supports federal funding of education.

Thanks. I could not find any information on her platform. Sounds bad indeed. However, if she's a neocon why isn't Karl Rove masturbating to the idea of her being in the Senate? Instead of ripping her as big of an asshole as possible on Hannity's show?

Because she is not their asshole. They wanted Mike Castle because he was a sure win and because he was truly the squishy Republican that they wanted. He already had power and access, they wanted to give him more. O'Donnell doesn't offer them as much power.

Well, candidates like her most likely will galvanize Democrats to vote. See how sarah palin fires them up if you disagree. I don't understand why the "tea party" pushes polarizing candidates like her.

Because the Tea Party has a hard enough identifying itself, you think it can actually identify a good candidate on a regular basis? Come on, Scott Brown was a "Tea Party" candidate.

angelatc
09-15-2010, 03:13 PM

Because he doesn't think she will win, and he wants to be able to say, "I told you the TEA Party candidates can't lose elections!"

The TEA Party could win every other seat they're vying for (which they won't) and the media would only focus on this single loss.

anaconda
09-15-2010, 03:15 PM
indeed

She is for a balanced budget amendment at least...

http://www.ontheissues.org/senate/Christine_O%60Donnell.htm

brenden.b
09-15-2010, 05:50 PM
She is for a balanced budget amendment at least...

http://www.ontheissues.org/senate/Christine_O%60Donnell.htm

And the democrats support "Pay-go", but do they ever use it? Everyone is suddenly in favor of a balanced budget amendment, it concerns me that it is nothing more than a rhetorical tool for most Republicans.

Revontulet
09-15-2010, 06:03 PM
indeed

You are right.

YouTube - Politically Incorrect August 1998 Part 2 of 2 Martin Mull Jasmine Guy Eddie Izzard Christine O’Donnell (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTYtu4lSqfU&feature=player_embedded)

...and this person may soon become a US Senator.

libertarian4321
09-15-2010, 06:06 PM
indeed

I'd say she's a neocon Theocrat, with more than a touch of "crazy" mixed in.

She'd better not push the anti-masturbation thing too hard. 90% of males in Delaware are masturbators, and the other 10% are Christian fundies who lie about not masturbating.

This woman almost seems like the Dem Greene in SC- you look at the person and think "how the Hell did this person get nominated?"

libertarian4321
09-15-2010, 06:10 PM
You are right.

YouTube - Politically Incorrect August 1998 Part 2 of 2 Martin Mull Jasmine Guy Eddie Izzard Christine O’Donnell (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTYtu4lSqfU&feature=player_embedded)

...and this person may soon become a US Senator.

That's the mild stuff- she only looks a little ditzy there, but not bat shit crazy. There's much more bizarre video of this woman floating around the internet.

Noob
09-15-2010, 06:29 PM

Reverse psychology maybe. How do we know they wont end up being Neocons.

Matt Collins
09-16-2010, 12:40 AM
YouTube - Michelle Malkin Unloads on Karl Rove For His Vicious Attacks on O'Donnell (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VXmCMv18iQ&feature=player_embedded)