PDA

View Full Version : Ron paul supporters-- you *have* to watch this video

IowaGarrett
09-15-2010, 01:48 AM
wow... ok, I JUST watched this video, mind you... AFTER I made this post. This is something that has been REALLY bothering me for a few weeks now. SO anyway, Im NOT usually an endorser of much Alex Jones says ( yeah I will listen to anyones point of view but Im always a skeptic) but ANYWAY,

RON PAUL SUPPORTERS, YOU HAVE TO WATCH THIS VIDEO.

YouTube - NeoCon Palin's tea party takeover will facilitate Obama reelection (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KH-zRrutJ_Q&feature=related)

I DO WHOLEHEARTEDLY BELIEVE THERE IS AN INITIATIVE OUT THERE TO END THE *REAL* MOVEMENT SUBVERSIVELY AND THAT THIS SURE DOES SEEM SPOT ON TO ME.

BuddyRey
09-15-2010, 02:38 AM
I also take anything AJ says with a grain of salt, but he's definitely onto something in this assessment of Tea Party infiltration and the spoiler role Palin is being coached to play. I don't know what makes me madder; that the elites think we're stupid enough to fall for this, or the fact that many of us indeed are.

Jim Casey
09-15-2010, 03:04 AM
Pat Buchanan does a good job refuting the claim that Palin is a neocon.
http://buchanan.org/blog/neocons-palinproject-1136

Bman
09-15-2010, 03:25 AM
YouTube - Alex Jones Rant(1)Flip Flopping Debra Medina Selling Out To Supporters(1/3) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpZav8tMLms)

We can add this one where 2 weeks later AJ was calling for Medina's head.

BuddyRey
09-15-2010, 04:16 AM
Jim, that article didn't really provide much in the way of evidence, IMO; just glittering generalities and toothless assurances. Especially off-the-mark were these bits:

But make no mistake. Sarah Palin is no neocon. She did not come by her beliefs by studying Leo Strauss.

Here Pat is projecting his own expertise of the academic history of neoconservatism and taking for granted that everybody who espouses neocon ideas even knows who Leo Strauss is, let alone arrived at their political philosophy through him.

I would venture to guess that most Americans arrive at their chosen political philosophy through filters and pundits (Hannity, O'Reilly, et al.), not through the very distant progenitors of such. In this same way, many self-styled Progressives have never read the works of Galbraith, Lippmann, or Keynes, even though they receive many of the same ideas through Keith Olbermann, Ed Schultz, and the DailyKos.

Neoconservatism, like Progressivism, is a brutish and unsophisticated ideology - it doesn't take careful study or logical reflection to grasp; any child can understand the impulse to impose his or her will on others through force.

She is a traditionalist whose values are those of family, faith, community and country, not some utopian ideology.

I can't even recount how many times I've heard the same sentiments for Bush, or Romney, or even McCain if you can believe that. Neoconservatives often are traditionalists, or at least try to appear as such for as long as they can get away with it. Remember McCain's blood-curdling motto of "Country First"? Appeals to tradition, God, and country are often utilized by figures and movements looking to personalize and morally reinforce state power.

Wasilla, Alaska, is not a natural habitat of neoconservatives.

This is just plain silly. Where someone lives, though a possible indicator, isn't any kind of guarantee one way or another what his or her politics are. Dick Ceney grew up in Casper, Wyoming, a long way away from the think-tanks and ivory towers of the northeast. Ideas and philosophies, once given wing by the necessary circumstances, can travel infinitely further than Mr. Buchanan's perception will allow; for evidence of this, one need only point to the Ron Paul revolution.

IowaGarrett
09-15-2010, 05:58 AM
Agreed. I thought that was stretching it pretty far. Not to mention that the article was written back in 2008.

Jim, that article didn't really provide much in the way of evidence, IMO; just glittering generalities and toothless assurances. Especially off-the-mark were these bits:

Here Pat is projecting his own expertise of the academic history of neoconservatism and taking for granted that everybody who espouses neocon ideas even knows who Leo Strauss is, let alone arrived at their political philosophy through him.

I would venture to guess that most Americans arrive at their chosen political philosophy through filters and pundits (Hannity, O'Reilly, et al.), not through the very distant progenitors of such. In this same way, many self-styled Progressives have never read the works of Galbraith, Lippmann, or Keynes, even though they receive many of the same ideas through Keith Olbermann, Ed Schultz, and the DailyKos.

Neoconservatism, like Progressivism, is a brutish and unsophisticated ideology - it doesn't take careful study or logical reflection to grasp; any child can understand the impulse to impose his or her will on others through force.

I can't even recount how many times I've heard the same sentiments for Bush, or Romney, or even McCain if you can believe that. Neoconservatives often are traditionalists, or at least try to appear as such for as long as they can get away with it. Remember McCain's blood-curdling motto of "Country First"? Appeals to tradition, God, and country are often utilized by figures and movements looking to personalize and morally reinforce state power.

This is just plain silly. Where someone lives, though a possible indicator, isn't any kind of guarantee one way or another what his or her politics are. Dick Ceney grew up in Casper, Wyoming, a long way away from the think-tanks and ivory towers of the northeast. Ideas and philosophies, once given wing by the necessary circumstances, can travel infinitely further than Mr. Buchanan's perception will allow; for evidence of this, one need only point to the Ron Paul revolution.

wizardwatson
09-15-2010, 06:01 AM
I can't watch the video (at work) but isn't the co-opting of the Tea Party rather old news?

I mean even before Karl Rove with his wicked forked tongue claimed that the Ron Paul types were co-opting the Tea Party in perfect Orwellian double-speak, this forum had many threads/posts indicating that the co-opting was already in full motion.

Jim Casey
09-15-2010, 07:35 AM

Sarah Palin's neocon supporters and the media are rather disappointed with how willing she was to support Rand Paul. They hoped she wouldn't embrace liberty and act upon those ideals, yet she proved herself to be a true friend of freedom.

DamianTV
09-15-2010, 10:33 AM
True friend to freedom? Dude? Are you high? Did you even watch the video? Do you even know who Palin is? You've seriously got neocon written all over your forehead.

freshjiva
09-15-2010, 10:48 AM
Sigh.

I've been saying for some time now that the Tea Party has unfortunately become the front of former establishment neoconservative Republicans. The true Tea Party was obviously born from the original Ron Paul Liberty movement in 2007.

Well, at least the Tea Party agrees with Paulites on lowering taxes, freezing government spending, balancing the budget, and reversing Obamacare.

It's a start.

tropicangela
09-15-2010, 10:48 AM
True friend to freedom? Dude? Are you high? Did you even watch the video? Do you even know who Palin is? You've seriously got neocon written all over your forehead.

:D

TNforPaul45
09-15-2010, 11:03 AM
Alex Jones is bullseye on target as usual. The guy shoots for the Moon, often hits it, but hits a little of Mars sometimes as well. . .

He is spot on. Ron Paul endorses him...why don't you?

Sola_Fide
09-15-2010, 11:29 AM
I agee with Alex on this one. The Tea Party is the real opposition to globalism and the Tea Party IS being co-opted by the establishment. No doubt.

Justinjj1
09-15-2010, 11:47 AM

All that I got from that article, is that she is easily manipulated, and that she is willing to do to whatever her neocon handlers tell her. I don't agree with Pat's view that she is not a neocon because she's from Alaska and her husband was in the Alaskan Independence Party. That is not a very convincing argument.

idirtify
09-15-2010, 11:48 AM
We can add this one where 2 weeks later AJ was calling for Medina's head.

Bman,

Implying that AJ is flip-flopping ignores the content of the video (that you posted), which is all about the fact that Medina is the one who FLIP-FLOPPED. AJ is only responding appropriately. Not only did she contradict her earlier statements, but she blatantly insulted and betrayed AJ and all truthers. To change your support, based on such a flip-flop/betrayal, is NOT a flip-flop. You DID watch the video, right? But even if you didn’t, it’s in the friggin TITLE!

ninepointfive
09-15-2010, 12:01 PM
So then what comes of Palin's endorsement of Rand Paul?

Fozz
09-17-2010, 10:54 PM

This was two years ago, when she was the VP candidate and not well known in terms of her views on national issues and foreign policy.

It is beyond obvious now that Palin IS a neocon.

Fozz
09-17-2010, 10:57 PM
Sarah Palin's neocon supporters and the media are rather disappointed with how willing she was to support Rand Paul. They hoped she wouldn't embrace liberty and act upon those ideals, yet she proved herself to be a true friend of freedom.

lol you are NAIVE.

Sarah does a lot more harm than good. She wants war with Iran. She supports Israel's terrible occupation. She loves death, as long as the victims are poor Muslims.

Fozz
09-17-2010, 11:00 PM
So then what comes of Palin's endorsement of Rand Paul?

Don't let that fool you into thinking she's an ally of liberty. We owe nothing to that neocon slut.

legion
09-17-2010, 11:13 PM
For better or for worse, Alex Jones is our Karl Rove, or Rush Limbaugh.

Alex is for the general public that cannot be educated. The people that must be psychologically imprinted rather than educated.

This is about marketing, not education.

When you're buying a TV, do you expect the salesman to explain to you how and why the TV works? Of course not. You want to know if this is the "best" TV for you.

That's pretty much what Alex Jones is doing for our politics.

I'm starting to think he's a genius.

Fozz
09-17-2010, 11:28 PM
For better or for worse, Alex Jones is our Karl Rove, or Rush Limbaugh.

Alex is for the general public that cannot be educated. The people that must be psychologically imprinted rather than educated.

This is about marketing, not education.

When you're buying a TV, do you expect the salesman to explain to you how and why the TV works? Of course not. You want to know if this is the "best" TV for you.

That's pretty much what Alex Jones is doing for our politics.

I'm starting to think he's a genius.

The problem with Alex Jones is that his 9/11 truth views would instantly kill any credibility he has, among just about everyone outside of the liberty movement and a few fringe movements.

Imaginos
09-18-2010, 06:43 AM
I have been talking about the same thing ever since I joined this forum.
Sarah Palin is NOT one of us.
Palin and Glenn Beck are infiltrators from the establishment.
Kudos for Alex Jones for calling out infiltrators.

Jim Casey
09-18-2010, 08:26 AM
The problem with Alex Jones is that his 9/11 truth views would instantly kill any credibility he has, among just about everyone outside of the liberty movement and a few fringe movements.
May not be the case anymore.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Rosie_O'Donnell_Show#Return

Jim Casey
09-18-2010, 08:46 AM
This was two years ago, when she was the VP candidate and not well known in terms of her views on national issues and foreign policy.

It is beyond obvious now that Palin IS a neocon.
Advocating a new 9/11 investigation is not in line with what the neocons want.
YouTube - Sarah Palin Supports A New 9/11 Investigation (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPDbmQmV6O8)

lol you are NAIVE.

Sarah does a lot more harm than good. She wants war with Iran. She supports Israel's terrible occupation. She loves death, as long as the victims are poor Muslims.
She loves her son, and wouldn't want him put in harm's way unnecessarily as a member of the special forces.

Don't let that fool you into thinking she's an ally of liberty. We owe nothing to that neocon slut.
Supporting Ron and Rand Paul and criticizing the fed shows that her actions are allied with liberty and are laudable.