PDA

View Full Version : Oreilly Calls Beck "Leader of Tea Party Movement" Palin Honorable Mention

IowaGarrett
09-14-2010, 11:50 PM
http://mediamatters.org/blog/201009140022

I seriously think FOX has made a conscious effort to subvert the original Ron Paul Tea Party movement/name with a BS fraudulent Beck/Palin Party. It wasnt very long ago every Republican out there would laugh her off a stage and could car...e less what she said. Even to the mainstream Republican she was the LEAST credible spokesperson there was out there. They blamed her for McCains loss, now they want to put her up on a pedestal? I dont believe it for a minute. This seems more like a false flag operation than anything.

On top of it, insert Beck, and put the FOX NEWS brand on it... there go the centrists. I couldnt think of a more efficient way to ruin the face, ideals, and principles of the movement that started with Paul

LadyBastiat
09-14-2010, 11:53 PM
They did it right from the "get-go". I attended the "first" national tea party rally and was sick to my stomach listening to the likes of Hannity... et al. All sorts of "single issue radicals" were there. I'm sick of the single issuers... you either protect it all or you lose it all. Why's that so hard to understand?

IowaGarrett
09-15-2010, 12:11 AM
I havent been to the forum in a while so I dont know how people will respond to this thread... but Im going to say it and let it ride I dont care.

This FOX/ Beck/ Palin is the BIGGEST threat to the real movement that there is. I would like to see Paul distance himself from the BS.
LOUDLY. and CLEARLY.

Kotin
09-15-2010, 12:24 AM
Yeah I am with you.. We saw this coming from the beginning..

IowaGarrett
09-15-2010, 01:46 AM
wow... ok, I JUST watched this video, mind you... AFTER I made this post. This is something that has been REALLY bothering me for a few weeks now. SO anyway, Im NOT usually an endorser of much Alex Jones says ( yeah I will listen to anyones point of view but Im always a skeptic) but ANYWAY,

RON PAUL SUPPORTERS, YOU HAVE TO WATCH THIS VIDEO.

YouTube - NeoCon Palin's tea party takeover will facilitate Obama reelection (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KH-zRrutJ_Q&feature=related)

I DO WHOLEHEARTEDLY BELIEVE THERE IS AN INITIATIVE OUT THERE TO END THE *REAL* MOVEMENT AND THAT THIS SURE DOES SEEM SPOT ON TO ME.

IPSecure
09-15-2010, 02:07 AM
Alex is working on 'The Glenn Beck Deception', supposed to be out before the end of the year.

Kotin
09-15-2010, 02:16 AM
Alex is working on 'The Glenn Beck Deception', supposed to be out before the end of the year.

Sounds interesting!

Jim Casey
09-15-2010, 02:53 AM
They blamed her for McCains loss, now they want to put her up on a pedestal? I dont believe it for a minute. This seems more like a false flag operation than anything.
McCain's campaign platform was to blame for McCain's 2008 defeat.
http://buchanan.org/blog/what-mccains-tactics-teach-4481

Had he been as ruthlessly opportunistic and pragmatic in his run against Barack Obama as he was in the campaign against J.D., McCain would be president now.

Indeed, had McCain led the battle for border security in 2008, conceded that NAFTA had not worked, called for its renegotiation and an industrial policy to create manufacturing jobs in America, and taken Obama apart as a man of the radical left, comfortable in the church of a racist preacher, McCain would have been leading his country this year, not fighting to save his Senate seat.

Instead, the stunning selection of Palin aside, which sent his campaign surging, McCain ran a race that seemed designed to lose gracefully and maintain his standing with the Washington press.

YouTube - NeoCon Palin's tea party takeover will facilitate Obama reelection (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KH-zRrutJ_Q&feature=related)
Palin is not a neocon.
http://buchanan.org/blog/neocons-palinproject-1136

But make no mistake. Sarah Palin is no neocon. She did not come by her beliefs by studying Leo Strauss. She is a traditionalist whose values are those of family, faith, community and country, not some utopian ideology.

Wasilla, Alaska, is not a natural habitat of neoconservatives.

And her unrehearsed answers to Gibson’s questions reveal her natural conservatism. Asked if she agrees with the Bush Doctrine, Palin asked for clarification. “In what respect, Charlie?”

Gibson: “Do we have the right of an anticipatory self-defense?”

Yes, said Palin, “if there is legitimate and enough intelligence that tells us that a strike is imminent against (the) American people, we have every right to defend our country. In fact, the president has the obligation, the duty to defend.”

Exactly. The intelligence must be legit and the threat “imminent.”
I'm looking forward to seeing the Mama Grizzly replace the Kenyan in the White House.
http://buchanan.org/blog/whats-the-mama-grizzly-up-to-4203

When Sarah Palin, in a rambling lakeside announcement last July in Wasilla, said she was quitting as governor of Alaska because of the abuse she and her family were taking from petty politicians and a feral press, she was written off as dead by the pundits.

“A quitter, can’t take the heat,” was the Beltway consensus.

Yet, it seems that was no more the end of Sarah than it was the end of Richard Nixon when, after losing to Gov. Pat Brown in California in 1962, he spat at the press: “Just think how much you’re going to be missing. You won’t have Nixon to kick around anymore because, gentlemen, this is my last press conference.”

Six years later, Nixon took the oath on the Capitol steps.

And though the media have painted Palin as a ditz, no politician in memory has conducted a more brilliant pre-presidential campaign, if that is what she is about, than the lady who calls herself “the Mama Grizzly.”

Looking over Palin’s endorsements — McCain over J.D., Fiorina over DeVore, Branstad over Bob Vander Plaats and Rod Roberts — the lady is not running for Mrs. Conservative. The one explanation that makes the most sense of all the seeming inconsistencies in endorsements is that Mama Grizzly is thinking about moving the Wasilla brood into the big house.

LibertyEagle
09-15-2010, 05:04 AM
I don't know, Jim. She's way too cozy with Bill Kristol. She has it completely wrong on how to defend our country. If she was half the conservative she claims to be, she wouldn't be in support of attacking countries who have not attacked us, nor offer any imminent threat of doing so.

I've not heard her speak out against the Patriot Act, have you? What about the federal government takeover of our local police? What about national ID cards? The United Nations or any of the other globalist organizations?

RonPaulGetsIt
09-15-2010, 05:15 AM
I don't know, Jim. She's way too cozy with Bill Kristol. She has it completely wrong on how to defend our country. If she was half the conservative she claims to be, she wouldn't be in support of attacking countries who have not attacked us, nor offer any imminent threat of doing so.

I've not heard her speak out against the Patriot Act, have you? What about the federal government takeover of our local police? What about national ID cards? The United Nations or any of the other globalist organizations?

I agree. Plus she comes out of nowhere just like Obama did and gets all this attention. These guys sure do think ahead. It was very crafty havig Mccain select her to try to divert the freedom movement. I was never a fan of hers.

People should ask her why she can't be more like Ron Paul. It should be the first question at every event.

LibertyEagle
09-15-2010, 05:22 AM
Sadly, I also think our major media is so controlled at this stage, that if Sarah Palin hadn't already sold out, or is seen as a useful idiot that is open to being led around by the nose, she would not be getting any airtime at all.

Think about it.

Elwar
09-15-2010, 05:41 AM
Glenn Beck...chip chip chipping away at the liberty movement by first acting like he's one of us, then propping himself up as our leader.

Next phase...define the core philosophies of our movement. Written by Rupert Murdoch.

Jim Casey
09-15-2010, 06:20 AM
I don't know, Jim. She's way too cozy with Bill Kristol.
Kristol may be having some buyers remorse nowadays.
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2010/09/14/top-republicans-in-open-fight-over-odonnell/

O'Donnell just won the endorsement of Sarah Palin.

The Weekly Standard folks sound unfazed. In a reply to an e-mail from CNN, Bill Kristol offers this: "I know Sarah Palin. I respect Sarah Palin. And with all due respect- Christine O'Donnell is no Sarah Palin."
I doubt he was too happy with Palin's endorsement of Rand Paul either.

She has it completely wrong on how to defend our country. If she was half the conservative she claims to be, she wouldn't be in support of attacking countries who have not attacked us, nor offer any imminent threat of doing so.
She has faith that our leaders are sending the troops out on a task from God. That gets her support from the evangelical base.
http://is.gd/fbH6V
Ultimately, the best way to defend the country is a strong national defense.

"Jan Brewer has the cojones that our President does not have to look out for all Americans, not just Arizonans, but all Americans," Palin said on "Fox News Sunday."

"If our own President will not enforce our federal law, more power to Jan Brewer," Palin said.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/2010/08/02/2010-08-02_palins_spanish_lesson_ariz_gov_has_what_bam_doe s_not.html#ixzz0zbBCs9at

It would not be the best political move for her to make to speak out against those problems, not while she can still use her political influence to support politicians who do speak out against them.
http://blogs.abcnews.com/thenote/2010/02/sarah-palin-ron-paul-and-the-kentucky-senate-race.html

WALLACE: You recently stirred up some controversy, as you often
do, even your -- when you endorsed Rand Paul as the Senate -- he's
running in the Senate primary for -- in Kentucky, the GOP Senate
primary.
And Bill Kristol, your longtime supporter, was upset with you
because one of the things he pointed out -- Paul wants to close
Guantanamo. He wants to send the detainees back to Afghanistan. He
wants to repeal the Patriot Act. He wants to do away with any federal
role in either gay marriage or drug laws, leave it to the states.

PALIN: Well, because...

WALLACE: Why would you support a...

PALIN: ... because he's a...

WALLACE: ... guy like that?

PALIN: ... he's a federalist and he wants the states to have
more say in -- as we respect the Tenth Amendment in our Constitution.
He wants the states to have more say in a lot of the issues.
Pegging herself into the camp of Paul supporters would result in her losing a lot of the support she already has as an Israel firster, and the media is trying very hard to peg her into the Paul camp because they're afraid of how much popular support she has along with her tendency to go rogue.

IowaGarrett
09-15-2010, 06:30 AM
Glad Im not the only one with my eyes open.

IowaGarrett
09-15-2010, 06:33 AM
Spot on. Watching it unfold.

In my opinion, (win or not) Ron HAS TO RUN to clear this up and take it back. The country hasnt got it yet. It cant end this way.

Glenn Beck...chip chip chipping away at the liberty movement by first acting like he's one of us, then propping himself up as our leader.

Next phase...define the core philosophies of our movement. Written by Rupert Murdoch.

RM918
09-15-2010, 06:35 AM
Bush also had a ton of good stuff to say before he was elected, Jim. With her associations and her tendencies, she's just too much of a ringer for him. I have absolutely no faith she'll follow through on any of the (very few) good things she says.

Jim Casey
09-15-2010, 06:49 AM
I agree. Plus she comes out of nowhere just like Obama did and gets all this attention. These guys sure do think ahead. It was very crafty havig Mccain select her to try to divert the freedom movement. I was never a fan of hers.
McCain's selection of Palin furthered the freedom movement so far that in 2010 McCain campaigned and defended his Senate seat on a platform that was far more in line with liberty than his 2008 presidential platform was.

People should ask her why she can't be more like Ron Paul. It should be the first question at every event.
There is no reason why Palin would need to justify why she would or wouldn't march in lockstep with Paul on every issue he does. Such a line of questioning would only serve as attempts to peg her into the Paul camp.

Sadly, I also think our major media is so controlled at this stage, that if Sarah Palin hadn't already sold out, or is seen as a useful idiot that is open to being led around by the nose, she would not be getting any airtime at all.

Think about it.
Ron Paul still gets plenty of airtime in the controlled major media, that does not qualify him as sell out or useful idiot. Why would Palin be qualified as one by those standards?

Beck never claimed to be the leader of the liberty movement. However, he did have more faith than Paul did regarding the amount of attention Paul would get from the major media after the 2008 primaries, as evidenced 8 minutes in on this video.
http://is.gd/fbL2q

Jim Casey
09-15-2010, 07:03 AM
Glad Im not the only one with my eyes open.
Beck is opening they eyes of many Americans to the dangers of big government and the values of liberty.

Spot on. Watching it unfold.

In my opinion, (win or not) Ron HAS TO RUN to clear this up and take it back. The country hasnt got it yet. It cant end this way.
Ron Paul has said before that the liberty movement is not about him, but his ideas. If folks are embracing some of Paul's ideas and not others, that's simply proves that some of them are more popular than others. It can't end with Paul dictating the direction of the movement anymore than it can end with Beck or Palin dictating the direction of the movement or the ideas it embraces.

Bush also had a ton of good stuff to say before he was elected, Jim. With her associations and her tendencies, she's just too much of a ringer for him. I have absolutely no faith she'll follow through on any of the (very few) good things she says.
She has followed through on endorsing Rand Paul. She has also spoken out against the federal reserve system.
http://the-classic-liberal.com/sarah-palin-attacks-federal-reserve/

“How can we think that setting up the Fed as monitor of systemic risk in the financial sector will result in meaningful reform,” she said. “The words ‘fox’ and ‘henhouse’ come to mind.”
Folks could just as easily dismiss Paul as another Bush if they were limited to thinking that folks with Republican associations and conservative tendencies who get elected to office in Texas are all the same.

Cutlerzzz
09-15-2010, 07:47 AM
Palin supported the bailouts, originally supported cap and trade and she supports standard Republican foreign policy.

There is nothing redeemable about her. Palin taking over the tea parties just further cements this nations trip to hell.

Jim Casey
09-15-2010, 08:19 AM
Palin supported the bailouts, originally supported cap and trade and she supports standard Republican foreign policy.

There is nothing redeemable about her. Palin taking over the tea parties just further cements this nations trip to hell.
Ron Paul changed his stance on immigration when immigration proved to be subsidized invasion.
http://www.ontheissues.org/2008/Ron_Paul_Immigration.htm
Why isn't Palin allowed to change her stance on bailouts when the bailouts proved to be subsidized corporatism?

TomtheTinker
09-15-2010, 08:21 AM
The tea party is dead!

jmhudak17
09-15-2010, 08:24 AM
Why all the hate for Beck? He's changed in the last few years to become more libertarian. He's a Ron Paul supporter.

Elwar
09-15-2010, 08:29 AM
Beck is opening they eyes of many Americans to the dangers of big government and the values of liberty.

Beck has infiltrated and co-opted the liberty movement. He cares nothing about freedom and gets his marching orders from Rupert Murdoch.

Beck called Ron Paul a terrorist.

Beck attacked the Ron Paul supported candidate for governor of Texas just as she was starting to do well in the polls.

Glenn Beck will likely keep working to be the head of the Tea Party movement until the Republicans are in power. Then he'll try to supress any level of disagreement with Republican decisions.

Ron Paul has been saying the same thing for over 30 years...

Glenn Beck has suddenly "become libertarian" in the past year and coincidentally got hired to work at Fox soon after.

Elwar
09-15-2010, 08:30 AM
Why all the hate for Beck? He's changed in the last few years to become more libertarian. He's a Ron Paul supporter.

YouTube - Glenn Beck - Ron Paul - Terrorism? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eg8M2JBIoqo)

jmhudak17
09-15-2010, 08:34 AM
Old clip is old. He's changed dramatically (but slowly in the past few years). He likes Ron Paul now, and he's said he's becoming more and more libertarian everyday. He's not all out libertarian; he's a libertarian conservative. Give the guy a break. He's helping this movement, not hurting it. People change, especially people who haven't been in politics for a long time. Reagan used to be an FDR liberal.

klamath
09-15-2010, 08:44 AM
Infiltrated the liberty movement. Infiltrated the liberty movement. Infiltrated the liberty movement!
I am so sick of hearing this statement. The great number of the so called "Ron Paul Liberty Movement" really have little in common with RP's policies. They have their own ideas that they push under the name of RP.

Imaginos
09-15-2010, 08:50 AM
Fucking infiltrators (Beck, Palin, and etc.).
Hell has a special place for people like these.

Jim Casey
09-15-2010, 09:05 AM
The tea party is dead!
The tea party resulted in record turnout for the Republican primaries.
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=260705

Beck has infiltrated and co-opted the liberty movement.
You could just as easily say that about anyone who has joined the liberty movement. Everyone brings a unique perspective on liberty, there is no need to fear Beck's.

He cares nothing about freedom and gets his marching orders from Rupert Murdoch.
He sells his talent to Fox, he has more freedom to express his ideas there than he did on CNN.

Beck called Ron Paul a terrorist.
He gave free advertising for the hugely successful Guy Fawks 11/5/07 money bomb.

Beck attacked the Ron Paul supported candidate for governor of Texas just as she was starting to do well in the polls.
Medina attacked her own supporters even worse be declaring them to be despicable. The Ron Paul endorsement doesn't make her above reproach.

Glenn Beck will likely keep working to be the head of the Tea Party movement until the Republicans are in power. Then he'll try to supress any level of disagreement with Republican decisions.
This alarmist prediction has little precedent. Even Limbaugh still criticized many Republican decisions during the Bush years.

Ron Paul has been saying the same thing for over 30 years...
Paul's ideas became popular because of the situation in this country the past few years.

Glenn Beck has suddenly "become libertarian" in the past year and coincidentally got hired to work at Fox soon after.
Beck wisely capitalized on the popularity of Paul's ideas and so has Fox.

Elwar
09-15-2010, 09:32 AM

How the Tea Party came to be:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=260559

YouTube - Austin Tea Party / Ron Paul rally 12-16-2007 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvGS12EoZUE&feature=player_embedded)

Until his ideas are no longer popular.

Elwar
09-15-2010, 09:36 AM
Old clip is old.

Is February too old?

YouTube - Scumbag Glenn Beck demonizes Debra Medina (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O8aKN_FaNsk&feature=related)

TheTyke
09-15-2010, 09:39 AM
I love how quickly some people like to quit. Are we going to cry foul and start over from scratch every time the media tries to co-opt one of our ideas? That is nothing other than resignation to defeat!

Unpleasant influences aside, the tea parties are the most fertile ground I've ever seen for our ideas. We are talking a movement with MILLIONS of people, greater than any constitutional movement in our history. If we take an active role and become leaders in the movement, they will support our candidates (as we saw with Rand.) If we cry about co-opting and retreat, we go back to being just the 200,000 or so true believers with little influence left. Flawed as it is, the tea party is continually upsetting the Establishment's apple cart in election after election.

I know which route I'm taking... I'm not going to let O'Reilly, Beck, or Hannity redirect the biggest small government movement in history, and quite frankly I'm weary of this kind of behavior. Almost wondering if these despairing people aren't plants trying to keep us from challenging their influence over the tea party....

Revontulet
09-15-2010, 09:41 AM
It is so sad the way that the Palin's and Beck's of the world have taken over the Tea Party and use it as a vehicle for furthering a neo-con agenda.

TC95
09-15-2010, 09:55 AM
Old clip is old. He's changed dramatically (but slowly in the past few years). He likes Ron Paul now, and he's said he's becoming more and more libertarian everyday. He's not all out libertarian; he's a libertarian conservative. Give the guy a break. He's helping this movement, not hurting it. People change, especially people who haven't been in politics for a long time. Reagan used to be an FDR liberal.

People lie.

LibertyEagle
09-15-2010, 12:18 PM
The tea party is dead!

I'm not so sure of that. At least, yet. I have listened in on 2 Tea Party Patriot conference calls and their principles are pretty darned good.

They seem to be quite different than Tea Party Nation.

Just like any organized group, I'll work with them on the issues I agree with them on and not, on the others. I will also use any opportunity that I have to do things like try to get them to invite Thomas Woods to speak at their events on nullification, etc. Primarily because instead of just waving little signs, it actually provides a concrete tool to help get us out of this mess we are in. I do not pledge allegiance to any group.

LibertyEagle
09-15-2010, 12:20 PM
Medina attacked her own supporters even worse be declaring them to be despicable. The Ron Paul endorsement doesn't make her above reproach.

Ummm, them are fightin' words. :p

Please back up your slander.

georgiaboy
09-15-2010, 12:41 PM
I thought I heard Limbaugh today getting angry at those 'conservative' voices (Rove, etc.) who were bemoaning the O'Donnell win.

Rush's stated his goal is to stop the Obama agenda -- in his view the Castle loss to O'Donnell was a step closer to getting to that goal, by putting up a candidate in the general election who if elected would move in that direction. Castle apparently would've been continuing support of the O-agenda.

Fun times.

Jim Casey
09-15-2010, 12:49 PM
Ummm, them are fightin' words. :p

Please back up your slander.
7 minutes in.
http://is.gd/fccFq

HOLLYWOOD
09-15-2010, 12:57 PM
Well, Palin is a multimillionaire now, so allz good for the "wind sail prostitute".

How much you wanta bet her speaking fees go up with General Election victories in Nov 2010?

Mo Money, Mo Money, Hoe Money

The rest of the Nonsense and Crap of NEWS Corp and FAUX NEWS... ok, everyone rewind your VCRs/DVRs to 2007/2008... cause here cumz the NEOCONs plan, AGAIN.

PS: MSM media IS the 4th branch of government.

Jim Casey
09-15-2010, 01:23 PM
Well, Palin is a multimillionaire now, so allz good for the "wind sail prostitute".

How much you wanta bet her speaking fees go up with General Election victories in Nov 2010?

Mo Money, Mo Money, Hoe Money

The rest of the Nonsense and Crap of NEWS Corp and FAUX NEWS... ok, everyone rewind your VCRs/DVRs to 2007/2008... cause here cumz the NEOCONs plan, AGAIN.

Considering that Palin did donate $2000 to Rand Paul, it would seem that more money for her could mean more money for Paul.
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2588856/posts

Palin endorsed Paul in last May's Republican primary election and contributed $2,000 to his campaign. At the time, Palin said she was "proud to support great grass-roots candidates like Dr. Paul."

She said they differ on some issues, but "he and I are both in agreement that it's time to shake up the status quo in Washington and stand up for commonsense ideas."

Rothbardian Girl
09-15-2010, 01:29 PM
I havent been to the forum in a while so I dont know how people will respond to this thread... but Im going to say it and let it ride I dont care.

This FOX/ Beck/ Palin is the BIGGEST threat to the real movement that there is. I would like to see Paul distance himself from the BS.
LOUDLY. and CLEARLY.

Unfortunately, I don't think many people in this neo-Tea Party movement take Ron Paul seriously. But maybe some of RP's supporters also support Beck/Hannity/O'Reilly (I should hope not, but perhaps), and it might be useful for RP to come out against this movement.

So yes I do agree with you but I'm not sure how well it would be received.

To be honest, I don't like the Tea Party either. I think the newest trend is dissatisfaction solely with Obama's policies without acknowledging the train-wreck path this country has been on for a looooong time now. Unfortunately no one can touch that sacred cow or else they will get branded as a lunatic (something that has happened to me already in my AP Gov class in the first week of school. At least I got some laughs out of the class when I borrowed the [neo]-Tea Party "astroturf" quote.)

For me, the enemy of my enemy is not my friend. Should I stop being so black and white? Maybe some of you think so, but the movement shouldn't fight for a diluted form of liberty... If we give in to the establishment types like Palin, it will have been all for naught IMHO. (And I don't care if you say Palin is anti-establishment; she should have rejected McCain's offer; maybe she would be a bit more legit then.)

Definitely agree with this.

Reagan used to be an FDR liberal.
That may very well be true, but I don't think Reagan's administration accomplished a whole lot to further the liberty cause, personally. And I think a sizable amount of people on this board would agree with me on this (maybe?).

I know which route I'm taking... I'm not going to let O'Reilly, Beck, or Hannity redirect the biggest small government movement in history, and quite frankly I'm weary of this kind of behavior. Almost wondering if these despairing people aren't plants trying to keep us from challenging their influence over the tea party....
+1776 to this entire post.

Anti Federalist
09-15-2010, 01:32 PM

Very much in agreement.

crazyfacedjenkins
09-15-2010, 01:45 PM

FUCKING AWESOME! I'm really starting to respect what he does, having seen shit loads of people he has woken up.

TheTyke
09-15-2010, 01:49 PM
To be honest, I don't like the Tea Party either. I think the newest trend is dissatisfaction solely with Obama's policies without acknowledging the train-wreck path this country has been on for a looooong time now. Unfortunately no one can touch that sacred cow or else they will get branded as a lunatic (something that has happened to me already in my AP Gov class in the first week of school.+1776 to this entire post.

This is simply NOT the case! The tea party enthusiastically supports Rand, and he even spoke about the GOP's role in exploding spending and deficits, even at Republican events during the primary. A SITTING Republican senator lost his seat in Utah because he voted for the Bush bailout. There is real power, and real potential here, and the effects are being seen across the nation.

The tea party is what we make it. Why abandon it to the neocon talking heads?

silentshout
09-15-2010, 02:47 PM
Until the tea party stops with their dominionist rhetoric, i don't want anything to do with it.

Galileo Galilei
09-15-2010, 02:51 PM

This is awesome! Thanks for the heads up.

awake
09-15-2010, 02:52 PM
No leaders!

RM918
09-15-2010, 03:07 PM
It's going to take 2012 for people to see what's truly going on, and by then it'll be too late.

crazyfacedjenkins
09-15-2010, 03:48 PM
Wow, lots of neo con shills signing up and trolling the boards. Palin, Beck, etc are a bunch of god damn trash and even worse, they're intellectual midgets. If it's true that all of a sudden they just saw the light of day, I don't care. Their intellect is far to inferior to lead any kind of ideologically revolution. Anybody stupid enough to fall for it should sit this next couple of elections out.

dude58677
09-15-2010, 04:06 PM

You could just as easily say that about anyone who has joined the liberty movement. Everyone brings a unique perspective on liberty, there is no need to fear Beck's.

He sells his talent to Fox, he has more freedom to express his ideas there than he did on CNN.

He gave free advertising for the hugely successful Guy Fawks 11/5/07 money bomb.

This alarmist prediction has little precedent. Even Limbaugh still criticized many Republican decisions during the Bush years.

Paul's ideas became popular because of the situation in this country the past few years.

Why didn't Ron Paul or his son win any of the awards for his Lincoln Memorial speech?

jmhudak17
09-15-2010, 06:39 PM
Some of you are ridiculous. Sure, it kinda sucks that he hurt Debra Medina, but she wouldn't answer the question. By the way, 9/11 truthers are crazy, and so is Alex Jones. And I'm not "trolling" the boards. I agree with a lot of what Ron Paul says, just not all of it. I'm for the Constitution, I believe government should be downsized, I'm for legalizing victimless crimes, etc.

oyarde
09-15-2010, 06:45 PM

I would not expect her to be a fan of national id cards or the UN. Somebody should ask her opinion. Those would be good questions .

Flash
09-15-2010, 06:47 PM
Some of you are ridiculous. Sure, it kinda sucks that he hurt Debra Medina, but she wouldn't answer the question. By the way, 9/11 truthers are crazy, and so is Alex Jones. And I'm not "trolling" the boards. I agree with a lot of what Ron Paul says, just not all of it. I'm for the Constitution, I believe government should be downsized, I'm for legalizing victimless crimes, etc.

I think if you had been there when it all happened you'd see how frustrating it just was. Medina was a very fringe candidate in that Texas race until she got into the debates. Then all of a sudden she skyrocketed in the polls to 21%. We all launch an effort to get her on shows like Beck, Hannity, etc.. and then the Beck thing happens and shes done for. Haha. But you're right it was a poorly given answer and a politician can't give answers like that.

I don't think 9/11 Truth is stupid since our government has been guilty of genocide, murder, theft, etc... but I think its more important in the long run to focus on evil government actions that can actually be proven. Like lying about WMDs, Gulf of Tonkin, etc..

jmhudak17
09-15-2010, 06:54 PM
I agree our government lies, but I think most of the 9/11 truther arguments have been disproven by science (don't want to turn this into a 9/11 debate thread). But, some people are too quick to label everyone that isn't a pure libertarian a neo-con. Most of the people in the Tea Party (which I support by the way) are not neo-conservatives. Most of them talk of getting back to the Constitution and speak out against big government. Someone like Jim Demint is a good example. He's not a purist by any means, but he's helpful to the liberty cause. Even if Beck is lying about being a libertarian now(which I personally don't believe) he's educating people and at least making them more libertarian.

IowaGarrett
09-16-2010, 01:28 AM
I love how quickly some people like to quit. Are we going to cry foul and start over from scratch every time the media tries to co-opt one of our ideas? That is nothing other than resignation to defeat!

Unpleasant influences aside, the tea parties are the most fertile ground I've ever seen for our ideas. We are talking a movement with MILLIONS of people, greater than any constitutional movement in our history. If we take an active role and become leaders in the movement, they will support our candidates (as we saw with Rand.) If we cry about co-opting and retreat, we go back to being just the 200,000 or so true believers with little influence left. Flawed as it is, the tea party is continually upsetting the Establishment's apple cart in election after election.

Well, I'll tell you what I like that direction just fine, in so much as Im not going to let FOX News redirect anything either. I agree with you that this is "fertile ground". Lets know what we are planting isnt going to choke our path or bear bitter fruit.
And Ive never been one to cry and retreat about anything. I HAVE always been on of those, "I dont say much and I keep to myself but when Im in the right, and when you push the wrong button on something i really CARE about Im not going to back down and its head to head time until one of us cant go anymore" kind of people. Im one of those "quiet kid in class that got f'ed with a lot and one day I finally got sick of it and nobody ever stole MY baseball glove again kind of people. Funny too, that down the road one day I woke up with a 7 year professional fighting career behind me and a college degree.
i DONT quit.
And Im NOT going to give up the message. And Im NOT going to give up the PRINCIPLES. Because without the PRINCIPLES there IS NO message, and there IS NO cohesive sustainable movement. You can bend and flex and allow the people to be themselves but WE wont allow people to forget that the movement that is changing the political climate today came from the following PRICIPLES: non-interventionist foreign policy/ no nation building, fiscal conservatism, sound money, respect for the constitution (NOT the Patriot Act) and individual rights and civil liberties, and the rule of law.

If you arent behind those most BASIC of principles, you arent Tea Party. If someone cant agree on those things? Then i know there are politicians for that someone out there with R or D behind their names. What makes them any different than the rest of them? A: NOTHING.

The Tea Party isnt a popularity contest, its not about ONE election year voting out all the incumbents...and its NOT a springboard for a bunch of RATS swimming from a sinking ship.

IowaGarrett
09-16-2010, 01:49 AM
(on a side note, I seriously do have two wonder if someone is a "plant" when they use the words "McCain" "Palin" and "freedom movement" all in the same sentence... Im not naming any names, Im just saying...)

RM918
09-16-2010, 05:56 AM
I think if you had been there when it all happened you'd see how frustrating it just was. Medina was a very fringe candidate in that Texas race until she got into the debates. Then all of a sudden she skyrocketed in the polls to 21%. We all launch an effort to get her on shows like Beck, Hannity, etc.. and then the Beck thing happens and shes done for. Haha. But you're right it was a poorly given answer and a politician can't give answers like that.

I don't think 9/11 Truth is stupid since our government has been guilty of genocide, murder, theft, etc... but I think its more important in the long run to focus on evil government actions that can actually be proven. Like lying about WMDs, Gulf of Tonkin, etc..

Also, did you actually listen to what they were saying AFTER she was kicked off? The cackling, comparisons to HITLER of all freaking things, for a poorly worded answer after being hung up on. Anyone that would react like that has something wrong with them at their core. Glenn Beck is a colossal douchebag and that after-interview chatter proved it. You can be a colossal douchebag and still be good for the movement, but I have no faith in his intent. Watch how he reacts again when another liberty candidate becomes a threat against one of his favorite neocons.

If you make Beck choose between Liberty and glorifying the Republican party, I have no doubt he'll choose the latter.

jmhudak17
09-16-2010, 06:34 AM
I don't know if you've watched his show the past 5 or so years, but Beck does not glorify the Republican party; he does exactly the opposite. He speaks out against them when they abandon their principles (smaller government, less spending, etc.). He just doesn't like truthers and thinks they're crazy. Beck is also a big proponent of the founding fathers. I've never seen a TV personality talk as much as he does about them.

erowe1
09-16-2010, 06:40 AM
Why the frowny face?

Do people here really consider Ron Paul the leader of the Tea Party movement?

erowe1
09-16-2010, 06:41 AM
I don't know if you've watched his show the past 5 or so years, but Beck does not glorify the Republican party; he does exactly the opposite. He speaks out against them when they abandon their principles (smaller government, less spending, etc.).

Not really.

And definitely not consistently.

jmhudak17
09-16-2010, 06:44 AM
Not much, but an example: http://articles.latimes.com/2010/feb/21/nation/la-na-cpac21-2010feb21

And believe me, I only watch his show about once or twice a week now, but I used to watch it religiously.

Elwar
09-16-2010, 06:57 AM
No leaders!

qft

The power of our movement is that we are not lead by anything than a common goal of liberty.