PDA

View Full Version : Joe DioGuardi wins NY GOP nomination to challenge Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand

MRoCkEd
09-14-2010, 10:36 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_new_york_senate;_ylt=AmPAvT.3rCBHs_tTijEivsayFz 4D;_ylu=X3oDMTJmcWNpa2FoBGFzc2V0A2FwLzIwMTAwOTE1L3 VzX3ByaW1hcnlfcmRwBGNwb3MDMQRwb3MDNwRzZWMDeW5fdG9w X3N0b3J5BHNsawNkaW9ndWFyZGl3aW4-

NEW YORK – Joseph DioGuardi has won a three-way Republican primary election in a bid to unseat Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand of New York.

The former congressman from suburban Westchester County faces a Democrat with a wide lead in the polls and far more campaign cash.

The win is a turnaround for DioGuardi, who had to petition his way on to the ballot after failing to muster enough party support at the state convention.

DioGuardi defeated Bruce Blakeman, a former Long Island local lawmaker, and David Malpass, a former Bear Stearns chief economist.

He is the father of former "American Idol" judge Kara DioGuardi.

YouTube - Audit The fed - Congressman Joseph DioGuardi (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KoIDCk58BE)

The best weapon in response to an enemy willing to employ suicide and capable of using nuclear weapons is intelligence—enhanced through technology and human resources, not war. We must put a premium on the development of an intelligence operation, coordinated with our allies, to identify and root out terrorist organizations like al Qaeda. War should be used as a last resort. Iraq was a mistake, and our military should continue to bow out gracefully and allow Iraq to emerge under its own self rule. The war in Afghanistan is a war of choice that needs to be reconsidered in light of the immense foreign policy implications involving two of our allies, Pakistan and India.

RforRevolution
09-15-2010, 06:37 AM
He's got my vote in november

...with tepidity, I might add. I'm not so crazy about a few of his policies.

malkusm
09-15-2010, 06:49 AM
Yeah, not perfect, but a skeptic of the Fed and a skeptic of our foreign policy....oh, and a fiscal conservative, which is in short supply here in NY.

parocks
09-15-2010, 06:53 AM
He sounds good to me.

Yeah, not perfect, but a skeptic of the Fed and a skeptic of our foreign policy....oh, and a fiscal conservative, which is in short supply here in NY.

kahless
09-15-2010, 07:32 AM
Milpass sent me campaign snail mail and I also got a robo call both saying - promoting that he was endorsed by Rudy Guiliani.
Thanks for telling me not to vote for you. Guiliani again proves to be the kiss of death for a candidate, even here in NY.

crazyfacedjenkins
09-15-2010, 09:46 AM
So he pulled a Peter Schiff but actually won? Sweet.

Cowlesy
09-15-2010, 11:03 AM
We gotta beat Gillibrand.

Cowlesy
09-16-2010, 02:21 PM
Dick Morris on Sean Hannity's show right now saying Joe Dioguardi could easily pickup the seat of Gillibrand if he can raise money, and that Carl Paladino has a chance against Cuomo.

Minuteman2012
09-22-2010, 01:56 PM
Just though I would give Dioguardi a bump, he definitely deserves our support. If he wins, the reaction would be akin to that of the Brown Victory, and give the Liberty Movement positive momentum going forward, showing that Constitutional Conservatism can win outside of red states.

MRoCkEd
09-22-2010, 02:07 PM
I wish we could get some of that Rove money in NY, but it seems everyone has written it off as Solid D. 10 points ain't that much, though; anything can happen in 2010.

silverhandorder
09-22-2010, 02:14 PM
Is there anything NYC residents can do to help those two? I am thinking of doing something in my college. Any ideas?

Fozz
09-22-2010, 02:28 PM
This guy needs a DeMint and Palin endorsement pronto.

He's more likely to win than Christine O'Donnell.

MRoCkEd
09-22-2010, 02:33 PM

Ehhh.... Yes that would be good if it brought him donations, but a Palin endorsement would hurt him in New York...

I'd just prefer Rove's shadow group to get in here with big money.

Fozz
09-22-2010, 02:35 PM
Ehhh.... Yes that would be good if it brought him donations, but a Palin endorsement would hurt him in New York...

I'd just prefer Rove's shadow group to get in here with big money.

Touche

Brett85
09-22-2010, 05:36 PM
He seems to be good on everything except that he takes a more moderate stance on the environment and education. But he's really the only Republican Senate candidate advocating an immediate withdrawel from Iraq and Afghanistan.

parocks
09-22-2010, 06:01 PM

Both Christine and Joe win.

Joe's daughter is Kara DioGuardi of American Idol fame.