PDA

View Full Version : Tea party favorite wins Delaware GOP Senate nod

hillbilly123069
09-14-2010, 09:27 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39170344/ns/politics-decision_2010/?gt1=43001

AuH20
09-14-2010, 09:28 PM
Kamikaze pilot O'Donnell did her job. ;)

libertyfan101
09-14-2010, 09:30 PM
Masturbation and Iran is the devil.

MozoVote
09-14-2010, 09:33 PM
Her election strategy, doesn't rest on winning the hairy left hand bloc...

low preference guy
09-14-2010, 09:36 PM
Masturbation and Iran is the devil.

did your mom caught you jerking off and slap you or something like that? why are you so obsessed about a personal belief she is not going to force others to adhere to?

james1906
09-14-2010, 09:39 PM
http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/842/godkillskittenha2.jpg

libertyfan101
09-14-2010, 09:41 PM
did your mom caught you jerking off and slap you or something like that? why are you so obsessed about a personal belief she is not going to force others to adhere to?

It's a joke buddy calm down. But she did say that Iran is the devil and that we should go to war.

LibertyVox
09-14-2010, 09:54 PM
http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/842/godkillskittenha2.jpg

HE watches you, at all times.

YouTube - Dude gets caught masturbating (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSpxnPRp2m4&feature=related)

Anti masturbation Tea Party candidate: fistful of ambien or quantum of anti solace? either way a downer :(

YouTube - Anti-Masturbation Tea Party Candidate (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5EK9yOEFUcg)

LOL, Go AHEAD TOUCH IT! :mad::mad:

YouTube - Listen To Oral Roberts Talk About Sex (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61_rPgitFmc&feature=channel)

speciallyblend
09-14-2010, 09:57 PM
kill the kitties!
YouTube - Berlin - Sex (I´m a man) 1983 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luMoGdwixTM&feature=fvst)

LibertyVox
09-14-2010, 09:58 PM
kill the kitties!
YouTube - Berlin - Sex (I´m a man) 1983 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luMoGdwixTM&feature=fvst)

Never be afraid of Pussy.

RSLudlum
09-14-2010, 09:58 PM
Her election strategy, doesn't rest on winning the hairy left hand bloc...

YouTube - Cheech & Chong Live 1978 - Harry Palms (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-Uf8lCJEOs) :D

MozoVote
09-14-2010, 10:04 PM
YouTube - Spank The Monkey (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rv_Sy1sUmD0&feature=related)

speciallyblend
09-14-2010, 10:13 PM
YouTube - Cheech & Chong Live 1978 - Harry Palms (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-Uf8lCJEOs) :D

classic;)

james1906
09-14-2010, 10:41 PM
YouTube - The Vapors - Turning Japanese (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEmJ-VWPDM4)

libertarian4321
09-15-2010, 12:10 AM
What did this guy Castle do- rape a kitten or something?

He must have been a Hell of a bad candidate to lose to this right wing nut job.

An anti-masturbation crusader? That's just nuts.

Edit: I watched a few videos of O'Donnell. Kind of a dumb ass, but not bad looking. Maybe that's why she won? Male voters were killing kittens while watching her campaign videos?

JohnEngland
09-15-2010, 12:23 AM
What did this guy Castle do- rape a kitten or something?

From what I've gathered, the problem was that Mike Castle is basically another Lindsey Graham. Sounds like primary voters were voting on principle, not on who they thought would win - which I think is the right attitude.

parocks
09-15-2010, 02:00 AM
Christine ran TV ads saying that Castle was too liberal.
Completely true ads. Castle didn't call them lies, they were
100% accurate. He does vote with the Democrats.

The voters are conservatives.

So Christine won.

They might be thinking about electability. But mostly about I'm not
going to vote for a liberal.

From what I've gathered, the problem was that Mike Castle is basically another Lindsey Graham. Sounds like primary voters were voting on principle, not on who they thought would win - which I think is the right attitude.

Daamien
09-15-2010, 02:49 AM
This is why she is a very poor candidate:

She feels the need to publicly comment that masturbation is sinful, indicating that she is an extreme moral crusader.
She defaulted on her mortgage, indicating that she is fiscally irresponsible.
She was sued by Fairleigh Dickenson University for unpaid expenses, indicating that she is fiscally irresponsible.
She earned only $5,800 in 2009, indicating she either doesn't have a good work ethic or does not have a skill-set that the private sector finds attractive.
She owes $11,744 in back-taxes, indicating she either is a tax protester or more likely just fiscally irresponsible.
She has claimed to be a university graduate, but officially graduated with an English degree just 10 days ago after starting college 21 years ago, indicating that she does not value her education.

By the way, here is the masturbation video:
YouTube - Christine O'Donnell's 90's MTV Anti-Masturbation Campaign (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzHcqcXo_NA&feature=player_embedded)

anaconda
09-15-2010, 02:57 AM
The press is talking like republican voters have screwed themselves by nominating candidates that cannot win the general elections. I say, who cares? Let the GOP be losers until they adopt a liberty platform. I say "we've come to take our government back."

MozoVote
09-15-2010, 06:05 AM

I think in summary what happened was a mutiny by the party regulars. They never liked Castle much anyway, and got tired of the party "leadership" telling them who to vote for.

The voted on emotion. It was not so much that they think O'Donnell is the "winnable" candidate - her candidacy became a referendum on the party bosses.

As much as we've had fun knocking her - she *has been* a nominee before. There is something sleazy about the way the party treated her. It was like a patronizing "You're good enough to be a show piece but (pat, pat on the head) we don't really want you running anything"

This opens up troubling questions about how open the party really is, and how thin it's candidate bench is.

parocks
09-15-2010, 06:16 AM
Wow, ok.

I guess you're for Coons. What do you like about Coons?

She feels the need to publicly comment that masturbation is sinful, indicating that she is an extreme moral crusader.
She was sued by Fairleigh Dickenson University for unpaid expenses, indicating that she is fiscally irresponsible.
She earned only $5,800 in 2009, indicating she either doesn't have a good work ethic or does not have a skill-set that the private sector finds attractive.
She owes $11,744 in back-taxes, indicating she either is a tax protester or more likely just fiscally irresponsible.
She has claimed to be a university graduate, but officially graduated with an English degree just 10 days ago after starting college 21 years ago, indicating that she does not value her education.

YouTube - Christine O'Donnell's 90's MTV Anti-Masturbation Campaign (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzHcqcXo_NA&feature=player_embedded)

wizardwatson
09-15-2010, 06:18 AM
Man, that's a lot of kittens.

parocks
09-15-2010, 06:20 AM
The Republicans in DE are Conservative. Christine is Conservative. Castle is Liberal. They voted for Christine. The Republicans in DE don't like Obama. Obama is unpopular in DE (46f/48unf PPP poll) Christine gets support from the 48% who don't like Obama. Coons gets support from the 46% who do like Obama.
Christine is certainly electable.

I think in summary what happened was a mutiny by the party regulars. They never liked Castle much anyway, and got tired of the party "leadership" telling them who to vote for.

The voted on emotion. It was not so much that they think O'Donnell is the "winnable" candidate - her candidacy became a referendum on the party bosses.

As much as we've had fun knocking her - she *has been* a nominee before. There is something sleazy about the way the party treated her. It was like a patronizing "You're good enough to be a show piece but (pat, pat on the head) we don't really want you running anything"

This opens up troubling questions about how open the party really is, and how thin it's candidate bench is.

parocks
09-15-2010, 06:24 AM
Christine is more of a Liberty Candidate than Castle was. But many here are content to sit on the sidelines in many races because the more liberty minded candidate differs from you on some issues. That's cool. The tea party people are supporting Christine just like they did Rand Paul. A lot of the Republicans who supported Ron Paul (not the later joining Antiwar Dems) are right on board with the Tea Party.

The press is talking like republican voters have screwed themselves by nominating candidates that cannot win the general elections. I say, who cares? Let the GOP be losers until they adopt a liberty platform. I say "we've come to take our government back."

liberalnurse
09-15-2010, 07:14 AM
[QUOTE=Daamien;2888312]This is why she is a very poor candidate:

I'm on vacation in Fenwick Island, DE and let me tell you that Castle was running negative ads full throttle. I mean constantly, like every 15 minutes on our favorite classic rock station. He must of had a boat load of money. I didn't hear one for Christine. At one point yesterday I said to my husband I'd vote for her just to shut him the fuck up.

Imaginos
09-15-2010, 07:35 AM
She has nothing to do with liberty or true conservatism.
IMHO, she's just another Sarah Palin clone.
And if she thinks Iran is Devil, why doesn't she join the army (along with Sarah Palin) so she could fight the war in the Middle East?
And regarding masturbation, I am very sure that if Hell does exist, she'll burn for eternity for her holier than thou attitude.
Jesus taught not to criticize others but look into your own character flaws first.
Jesus never acted 'holier than thou'.
He did hang out with the social untouchables (ex: prostitutes, tax collecters, and etc.) and never judged them, at least in public.
Who does she think she is?

specsaregood
09-15-2010, 07:50 AM

While, I'm not a huge fan and could easily make a case against her your points are weak.

So many of you seem obsessed with this. She didn't argue for govt interference, she didn't want to make it illegal, she only presented her religious beliefs that didn't require hurting or limiting anybody else. big effing deal. Is masturbation that important to you?

Spoken as if somebody that has never come under hard times or unexpected expenses. I'm gonna also guess you have never been self-employed.

She paid it off though, indicating that she makes good on her debts.

Earned or had taxable income of? Either way, what business is it to you? I didn't know a persons income level determined how good of a candidate they are.

Once again, spoken as somebody that has never come upon hard times. And who better to know how evil the IRS and income taxes are. I had the IRS come after for 15k in taxes before, turned out it was their error and that I owed nothing. Still it was a sunofabitch to get corrected.

What a bunch of utter BS. She attended commencement and was finished but wasn't awarded her degree at the time because she owed them money. I'm sure many could fall into that category. She just recently took a final course and got the degree. somebody that was 1class shy or just a debt shy of getting their degree does not indicate that they do not value education. Hell, a lot of people on this site are against university anyways.

To be honest, your talking points sound like something I would expect to hear on dkos or huffpost for du. Oh she is horrible: she owes the taxman money, she believes in God, she didn't pay her university some money, she lost her house to the bankers.

If you want to make some good points talk about her willingness to start war with Iran.

At one point yesterday I said to my husband I'd vote for her just to shut him the fuck up.
Booya, right in the kisser. Well I'd say yesterday's results did just that.

parocks
09-15-2010, 08:12 AM
I'm on vacation in Fenwick Island, DE and let me tell you that Castle was running negative ads full throttle. I mean constantly, like every 15 minutes on our favorite classic rock station. He must of had a boat load of money. I didn't hear one for Christine. At one point yesterday I said to my husband I'd vote for her just to shut him the fuck up.

Thanks for the on the scene report.

buster2209
09-15-2010, 08:16 AM
I saw on either NBC, Fox, ABC, DFG or one of the MSMs that this is a 'great win for the Tea Party'.

For the life of me, I can't find a dang thing this woman stands for except 'masturbation is evil'.

Does anybody have a link to her foreign policy stance? After Palin rang her to congratulate her on her victory, I'm not hopeful it's a non-interventionist stance.....

As far as Paladino is concerned, his views on the 'Ground Zero Mosque' (http://www.paladinoforthepeople.com/issuedetail.php?id=14) tells me all I need to know about him....

parocks
09-15-2010, 08:23 AM
I like Christine and like that you're defending her, but I think that how she treated the degree shows that she doesn't really value the degree.

And that's the point.

It says to people without degrees - you can do it too. That's gonna make people vote for her, single women 18-29 who voted for Obama will vote for Christine.
I don't care if those single women 18-29 call themselves liberal, moderate, or conservative, republican, democrat or independent. She is going to get the votes of a surprising number of young women, married or single, who did not get high-prestige 4 year degrees. Young, single women 18-29 do not usually vote for Republicans. Upper middle class whites with a degree fetish might not respond as well.

Actually, degree fetishists could not have a better candidate than Coons. Coons is Yale Law and Yale Divinity School. Better than Castle. Coons could say to Castle "I've got better degrees" and he'd be right. To degree fetishistic elites, Coons will have won. To average people they're both the same. Coons beats Christine with the DFE, but he beats Castle too. Christine beats Coons with Regular people, who can't really relate to Amherst, Yale Law, Yale Divinity.

While, I'm not a huge fan and could easily make a case against her your points are weak.

So many of you seem obsessed with this. She didn't argue for govt interference, she didn't want to make it illegal, she only presented her religious beliefs that didn't require hurting or limiting anybody else. big effing deal. Is masturbation that important to you?

Spoken as if somebody that has never come under hard times or unexpected expenses. I'm gonna also guess you have never been self-employed.

She paid it off though, indicating that she makes good on her debts.

Earned or had taxable income of? Either way, what business is it to you? I didn't know a persons income level determined how good of a candidate they are.

Once again, spoken as somebody that has never come upon hard times. And who better to know how evil the IRS and income taxes are. I had the IRS come after for 15k in taxes before, turned out it was their error and that I owed nothing. Still it was a sunofabitch to get corrected.

What a bunch of utter BS. She attended commencement and was finished but wasn't awarded her degree at the time because she owed them money. I'm sure many could fall into that category. She just recently took a final course and got the degree. somebody that was 1class shy or just a debt shy of getting their degree does not indicate that they do not value education. Hell, a lot of people on this site are against university anyways.

To be honest, your talking points sound like something I would expect to hear on dkos or huffpost for du. Oh she is horrible: she owes the taxman money, she believes in God, she didn't pay her university some money, she lost her house to the bankers.

If you want to make some good points talk about her willingness to start war with Iran.

Booya, right in the kisser. Well I'd say yesterday's results did just that.

UtahApocalypse
09-15-2010, 08:31 AM
Well the GOP plan to co-op the "Tea Party" brand has worked. Everyone is voting for these tea-o-cons thinking that they are the Tea Party that WE developed.

specsaregood
09-15-2010, 08:45 AM
//

K466
09-15-2010, 08:45 AM
Obviously she is not much of a liberty candidate, but I’m glad Mike Castle lost. Among other things he supported the DISCLOSE Act. His type must be thrown out of the GOP, although it would be nice if we could find someone better than a Palin clone to beat him.

And about this masturbation stuff- WHO CARES. Unless she wants to pass laws regarding it, it’s not a political issue. What happened to religious tolerance?

parocks
09-15-2010, 08:53 AM
Right, we're in agreement on this. I was careful, I think, to use the word "degree". There are a lot of degree fetishists out there who think that how smart you are, even how worthy you are, can be determined by where you go to school. She lived among those people and said to them, those who value degrees highly, that she did not have a degree, but could get one by paying a simple bill. It's kinda a big FU to their value system which is based on degrees. She was in a sense, tying her own hand behind her own back, in part to show people that it could be done without a 4 year college degree. And in 2008, she did show people that it could be done. Now she has the degree.

Just to clarify, the person I responded to said:

Note: education, not degree.
I would agree, it appears she did not value her degree and she got by through life without it. That does not mean she doesn't value her education.

In fact, I would argue the opposite. Since she took pretty much all the classes required to get the degree, but didn't pay off the necessary blood money to get the degree indicates to me that she valued the education but not the degree. :)

And for the record: I value education > degree as well; and I am the son of a teacher.

Daamien
09-15-2010, 02:27 PM
My point was that she is a poor candidate. I wouldn't vote for her or her opponent. To suggest that she has just fallen on hard times is laughable (hard times since the early 90s when she refused to pay university fees?!). She still owes over $11k in campaign debt from running against Joe Biden in 2008. Occam's razor suggests she is just fiscally irresponsible. If I had to rank "liberty candidates" she would be probably second to last next to Sarah Palin. Congratulations to those who supported her in the Primary though.