PDA

View Full Version : If Prop 19 Passes, Would You Consider Moving to California?

dannno
09-14-2010, 05:19 PM
:)

RonPaulwillWin
09-14-2010, 05:21 PM
Didn't Meg Whitman say that she wouldn't sign the bill even if it passed?

dannno
09-14-2010, 05:23 PM
Didn't Meg Whitman say that she wouldn't sign the bill even if it passed?

I don't think governors have to sign referendums :confused:

fisharmor
09-14-2010, 05:24 PM
I'd need unrestricted open carry and shall-issue CCW too (or better yet, Alaska-style carry).
And being able to buy a >1500sf house for <300k would help a lot.
So no, I don't think so.

LibertyVox
09-14-2010, 05:30 PM
Would I?
Is the good root the only reason? seriously?

YouTube - CALIFORNIA GIRLS The Beach Boys MM images (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BADZW9tZ1uc)

dannno
09-14-2010, 05:31 PM
Would I?
Is the good root the only reason? seriously?

No, but it is A great reason ;)

Not just cause it's legal (already for patients, hopefully soon for everyone), but also cause we grow it better here :cool:

speciallyblend
09-14-2010, 05:31 PM
sorry cali, i voted i would never move to cali! I live In the United States of Colorado!!! I will be watching the cali prop 19 race very closely!! Go Get'em Dannno

squarepusher
09-14-2010, 05:33 PM
it will definitely be a new world cannabis tourism unlike anything seen before.

specsaregood
09-14-2010, 05:33 PM
I'll certainly put it on my vacation destination list.

speciallyblend
09-14-2010, 05:34 PM
it will definitely be a new world cannabis tourism unlike anything seen before.

yep, i dam sure will visit cali;) especially dannno:)

speciallyblend
09-14-2010, 05:35 PM
I'll certainly put it on my vacation destination list.

haha yep ,i was thinking samething but hey you should come to co mtns this winter! Can take some tree runs to the smoke shack and have a safety break;)

Flash
09-14-2010, 05:36 PM
Nah I'd prefer to fight for marijuana legalization in my state of Massachusetts. Everyone I talk to around my area, Republican/Dem/Indie, all support marijuana legalization. I don't know why it isn't on the ballot.

dannno
09-14-2010, 05:37 PM
I really should have added a sixth option for the poll: No, won't move there, but will be sure to visit!

speciallyblend
09-14-2010, 05:38 PM
Nah I'd prefer to fight for marijuana legalization in my state of Massachusetts. Everyone I talk to around my area, Republican/Dem/Indie, all support marijuana legalization. I don't know why it isn't on the ballot.

everyone is waiting for someone else to put it on the ballot;) you might have to push the issue yourself and wake some folks up!!

LibertyVox
09-14-2010, 05:38 PM
No, but it is A great reason ;)

Not just cause it's legal (already for patients, hopefully soon for everyone), but also cause we grow it better here :cool:

I got friends there who are licensed growers for med. marijuana. Young guys, college going and bright. That's how some of them pay for their sky rocketing tuition. Guess what though Danno....the it is still against the FEDRAL law. And yes 2 out of 3 of them have had their places intruded by the Feds, their licenses suspended and they had to pay heavy fines, on top of already crushing tuition fees. One of them supports his mother and younger brother too. :(

But if the prop passes, maybe it will set a kind of a trend. I dare say the current popular cultural is as suspicious of the govt. as it was smitten with it 9 years ago. SO I guess not all's bad.

jkr
09-14-2010, 05:39 PM
norcal design

its got a ring to it...

Depressed Liberator
I've wanted to live in southern California for some just simply because the weather agrees with me better than anywhere else in the States. This would certainly encourage me, though!

speciallyblend
I really should have added a sixth option for the poll: No, won't move there, but will be sure to visit!

yep but i can tell you everyone that has voted in this poll is already planning on that to hehe;)

silentshout
09-14-2010, 05:40 PM
I already live in California and don't plan to move.

BlackTerrel
09-14-2010, 05:42 PM
Ever since the one gay judge overturned prop 8 it all seems kind of pointless.

What if prop 19 passes and then this gay judge doesn't like it?

speciallyblend
09-14-2010, 05:43 PM
I already live in California and don't plan to move.

you near san diego? i love the beaches there!!

dannno
09-14-2010, 05:43 PM
I got friends there who are licensed growers for med. marijuana. Young guys, college going and bright. That's how some of them pay for their sky rocketing tuition. Guess what though Danno....the it is still against the FEDRAL law. And yes 2 out of 3 of them have had their places intruded by the Feds, their licenses suspended and they had to pay heavy fines, on top of already crushing tuition fees. One of them supports his mother and younger brother too. :(

No jail time, just heavy fines? What are we talkin for fines?

LibertyVox
09-14-2010, 05:45 PM
No jail time, just heavy fines? What are we talkin for fines?

no jail AFAIK. Don't know the amount of the fine. I'll ask em.

Jordan
09-14-2010, 05:47 PM
If you'd move to another state for the sole purpose of smoking weed you should probably reconsider your priorities.

oyarde
09-14-2010, 05:48 PM
Ever since the one gay judge overturned prop 8 it all seems kind of pointless.

What if prop 19 passes and then this gay judge doesn't like it?

LOL , judges are unreliable . California judges are a really different breed from what I read .

specsaregood
09-14-2010, 05:50 PM
./

oyarde
09-14-2010, 05:51 PM
I would move to Central America before I would move to California . What is sales tax now 11 % ? I cannot participate in that .

RM918
09-14-2010, 05:52 PM
Have no interest in weed nor being around the stuff (the smell is particularly offensive to me). Good for you guys, though.

speciallyblend
09-14-2010, 05:54 PM
If you'd move to another state for the sole purpose of smoking weed you should probably reconsider your priorities.

haha yeah,most states the fine for possession is cheaper then a speeding ticket(colorado for example)! In states where it is a criminal act. they should move the f out asap especially the backwards east coast states!! do not move to colorado for the marijuana laws;) move to colorado for the lifestyle and activities! SNOWBOARDING,Skiing,Rafting etc etc

dannno
09-14-2010, 05:55 PM

Thanks for telling me how to live my life :)

I think it is perfectly reasonable to make the decision on where you live based on whether that area allows the growing and consumption of one of most important plants in human history.

Not to mention CA kicks ass in many other areas... great surf, great snowboarding, great music.. I hate L.A. though.

speciallyblend
09-14-2010, 05:56 PM
Have no interest in weed nor being around the stuff (the smell is particularly offensive to me). Good for you guys, though.

mmmm i love the smell of good marijuana! makes a good cologne better then freaking polo and the crap they sell in the stores;)

dannno
09-14-2010, 05:58 PM
I would move to Central America before I would move to California . What is sales tax now 11 % ? I cannot participate in that .

The sales tax I believe is about 8%. My local municipality has added about .5% onto that.

Humanae Libertas
09-14-2010, 06:00 PM
Who would wanna move here? Cali is a failing state. I think more people are moving out of CA, than moving in.

dannno
09-14-2010, 06:02 PM
mmmm i love the smell of good marijuana! makes a good cologne better then freaking polo and the crap they sell in the stores;)

Smoked mj can be quite strong and overpowering to people who aren't used to it.. but the cured buds, especially the purple ones and trainwreck and some others can smell AMAZING before smoked!!

He'd get over it if he tried it and enjoyed it pretty quickly.

oyarde
09-14-2010, 06:02 PM
The sales tax I believe is about 8%. My local municipality has added about .5% onto that.

Well at .5 you are better than Philly , I think they add 2 % , I would not participate in that as well .

dannno
09-14-2010, 06:04 PM
Who would wanna move here? Cali is a failing state. I think more people are moving out of CA, than moving in.

Right now that's true, but it is cyclical.. too many people move here during the booms and then during the busts there is a shedding of population.

LibertyVox
09-14-2010, 06:04 PM
For some reason this thread makes me hungry for something baked and chocolaty lol.
Too bad there is no such desert in existence.

Humanae Libertas
09-14-2010, 06:14 PM
Right now that's true, but it is cyclical.. too many people move here during the booms and then during the busts there is a shedding of population.

CA is a nice place with beautiful sites, but it is an economic disaster and not freedom friendly. The standard of living here is one of the most expensive of the 50 states. What huge acre ranch house would cost in most rural states, can only buy you a small ass single house in the middle of East LA in California.

dannno
09-14-2010, 06:24 PM
CA is a nice place with beautiful sites, but it is an economic disaster and not freedom friendly. The standard of living here is one of the most expensive of the 50 states. What huge acre ranch house would cost in most rural states, can only buy you a small ass single house in the middle of East LA in California.

Ya but I'd rather live in a shack near the beach than a mansion somewhere boring.

Natalie
09-14-2010, 06:24 PM
I voted No Way. I lived in Southern California for a year and I hated it.

oyarde
09-14-2010, 06:27 PM
Ya but I'd rather live in a shack near the beach than a mansion somewhere boring.

But , I like my peaceful boring place . When I think excitement , there is usually law enforcement involved and I try to avoid that at all costs . :)

oyarde
09-14-2010, 06:29 PM
But , I like my peaceful boring place . When I think excitement , there is usually law enforcement involved and I try to avoid that at all costs . :)

Do you like Houston ? I enjoy San Antonio when I visit there .

specsaregood
09-14-2010, 06:29 PM

I lived there for 5 years, I loved it, but hated the effing traffic. I moved because of the traffic (somewhat)

dannno
09-14-2010, 06:30 PM

Ya, I hate L.A. and Orange County with a passion, I would never live there.. Even most of San Diego is starting to get pretty sucky.. but I'm at least an hour and a half away from all those places and I can't imagine living anywhere else.

LibertyVox
09-14-2010, 06:31 PM
Ya, I hate L.A. with a passion, I would never live there.. but I'm about an hour and a half away and I can't imagine living anywhere else.

LA is a no symmetrical glorified mega jumbo suburb.

dannno
09-14-2010, 06:32 PM

If I could live anywhere in the world, this would be it:

http://www.hollister-ranch.com/images.html

dannno
09-14-2010, 06:34 PM
LA is a no symmetrical glorified mega jumbo suburb.

And most of the people who live there suck ass.

Not to mention the traffic is awful...

coastie
09-14-2010, 06:36 PM
Voted no. HELL No. As much as I love the herb, not a chance in hell. I'll take my old grumpy people, gun lovin', NO STATE INCOME TAX havin', worst penalties in the country with regards to marijuana havin' State of Florida over that state anyday.

And you only think you grow it better there, you're caught up in you're own states hype on that:rolleyes:;)

But i wish you guys all the best luck with it, hope the votes reflect the polls:D

Rael
09-14-2010, 06:58 PM
No way

BuddyRey
09-14-2010, 07:12 PM
Will it be legal on the outlying California islands too? I've often thought of moving to Santa Catalina and running boat tours or being a lounge singer.

LibertyVox
09-14-2010, 07:15 PM
Will it be legal on the outlying California islands too? I've often thought of moving to Santa Catalina and running boat tours or being a lounge singer.

I done did parasailing and all that in Catalina...back then when dear dad was less thrifty. LOL

Stary Hickory
09-14-2010, 07:42 PM
I don't smoke even if I do support removing all bans. It's just that CA has a lot of horrible that is still there, I mean a lot. Being able to smoke would not be enough of an incentive.

Toureg89
09-14-2010, 07:53 PM
I'd need unrestricted open carry and shall-issue CCW too (or better yet, Alaska-style carry).
And being able to buy a >1500sf house for <300k would help a lot.
So no, I don't think so.
couldnt agree more.

and preferably, a Castle Doctrine style freedom of self defense