PDA

View Full Version : AMNESTY amendment to be added to defense bill?

Southern Man
09-14-2010, 03:26 PM
Defense Authorization bill will address the DREAM Act and discrimination in the military (Sen. Harry Reid)
By Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev) - 09/14/10 04:38 PM ET

This work period, the Senate will consider the Defense Authorization bill. Along with critical support for our national security forces around the world, this legislation will address two other important issues that are long overdue.

Passage of this bill would overturn the ‘Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell’ rule for our armed forces. We will finally send a loud and clear message that everyone who steps up to serve our country should and will be welcomed regardless of sexual orientation.

We are also offering an amendment to pass the DREAM Act. This amendment will ensure that millions of children who grow up as Americans will be able to get the education they need to contribute to our economy. Students who come to America before age 16 and who have been here for five years should be able get their green card after they go to college or serve in the military. And many who have volunteered to defend our country can finally become citizens of it.

I firmly believe these two amendments deserve strong bipartisan support and will work to ensure we pass this legislation before the end of this work period.

Source: http://thehill.com/blogs/congress-blog/civil-rights/118745-defense-authorization-bill-will-address-the-dream-act-and-discrimination-in-the-military-sen-harry-reid

:mad:

Although I support the repeal of DADT, I hope that the Nightmare Act is too poisonous for most senators to vote on.

I hope...

phill4paul
09-14-2010, 03:40 PM
I'm so tired of additions to bills that have nothing to do with them

Every article in any bill should stand as it's own bill. Up/Down vote.

Stary Hickory
09-14-2010, 05:22 PM
No this does NOT belong in a Defense Bill. Reid is doing this in an attepmt to circumvent the issue and stop a vote from happening on it. It's a slime ball tactic and will backfire....he is just energizing an opposition group that is already enraged with him and his friends as it is.

Reid is gone soon anyways. And this will not fly. Democrats see opening the borders as a means to find poor people who are much easier to bribe with the stolen loot of the provider group. It's nothing more than an attempt to enhance control and power over producing Americans using a corrupt Democratic system that is lawless and preys on the rights of Americans

It is truly the most disgusting, unpatriotic, and evil thing I have ever seen done.

Southern Man
09-14-2010, 05:50 PM
No this does NOT belong in a Defense Bill. Reid is doing this in an attepmt to circumvent the issue and stop a vote from happening on it. It's a slime ball tactic and will backfire....he is just energizing an opposition group that is already enraged with him and his friends as it is.

Reid is gone soon anyways. And this will not fly. Democrats see opening the borders as a means to find poor people who are much easier to bribe with the stolen loot of the provider group. It's nothing more than an attempt to enhance control and power over producing Americans using a corrupt Democratic system that is lawless and preys on the rights of Americans

It is truly the most disgusting, unpatriotic, and evil thing I have ever seen done.

I too hope it'll backfire but I fear that plenty of D's and some departing and moderate R's will vote for it anyway because they want to pander to the Hispanic population.

In addition, it's likely that many D's may vote for it because, once legalized, the naturalized illegals will boost their party registration, which could result in 1-3 million+ new voters for their party.

If anything, I think the vote will be close and there might be enough votes from the ConservaDems to stop it.

JustinTime
09-14-2010, 06:47 PM
Vote down the bill, bring the troops home, send the illegals back where they came from.

Agorism
09-14-2010, 06:56 PM
Vote it down.

cindy25
09-14-2010, 08:01 PM
the Republicans need to put repeal of the 1099s in a defense bill next year

oyarde
09-14-2010, 08:03 PM
the Republicans need to put repeal of the 1099s in a defense bill next year

Excellent !

Minuteman2012
09-21-2010, 01:32 PM
Good, just more of a reason to vote against the bill.