PDA

View Full Version : Who's willing to uproot their livelihoods to campaign for Ron Paul in IOWA?

ninepointfive
09-14-2010, 01:18 PM
Should Ron Paul throw his hat in the ring, I'd be willing to sell most of my material possessions, quit my job, rent or sell the house (if possible), and campaign non stop for Ron Paul in Iowa.

Thinking about an RV, and a few good people to help this along. Anyone interested?
I am preparing to say fuck it all and do it. viva la Ron Paul Revolution!!! :)

Matt Collins
09-14-2010, 01:29 PM
Why wait? Start now.

KCIndy
09-14-2010, 01:37 PM
Why wait? Start now.

Why wait?

Maybe to see if the good doctor decides to throw his hat in the ring?

Elwar
09-14-2010, 01:39 PM
Why wait?

Maybe to see if the good doctor decides to throw his hat in the ring?

He is...

No need to wait.

Galileo Galilei
09-14-2010, 01:42 PM
Should Ron Paul throw his hat in the ring, I'd be willing to sell most of my material possessions, quit my job, rent or sell the house (if possible), and campaign non stop for Ron Paul in Iowa.

Thinking about an RV, and a few good people to help this along. Anyone interested?
I am preparing to say fuck it all and do it. viva la Ron Paul Revolution!!! :)

IOWA = I Owe the World an Apology!

:D

w2992
09-14-2010, 01:50 PM
put me on ur cost share list. I need a base camp. Charlie Walker w2992@yahoo.com

WaltM
09-14-2010, 02:08 PM
Why wait? Start now.

because he hasn't announced

libertybrewcity
09-14-2010, 02:27 PM
Good idea. If I wasn't going to school, I would definitely do it. It crossed my mind many, many times.

libertybrewcity
09-14-2010, 02:28 PM
You could find other people and form a little community.

Bruno
09-14-2010, 02:57 PM
IOWA = I Owe the World an Apology!

:D

I resent that. :p

That should be John Edward's tag line for not bowing out when he was having an affair and knew he was going to bomb the rest of the states. Hillary would have won. Ew, not any better, I know.

newyearsrevolution08
09-14-2010, 03:03 PM
I would rather people run for local candidacy and win. Easier to accomplish and the ability to actually CHANGE local politics and show people how a constitutionalist style of local government is like THEN they can see WHY we need a president to do the same.

Local elections will affect FAR more than getting ONE guy in office. If you don't believe me then think about this. How's obamas healthcare going? He just sits around bitching about how the republicans won't let him do what he wants... What do you think will happen when we have ONE man as president and everyone who can stop all progress run the house/senate state and local governments.

WaltM
09-14-2010, 03:12 PM
I would rather people run for local candidacy and win. Easier to accomplish and the ability to actually CHANGE local politics and show people how a constitutionalist style of local government is like THEN they can see WHY we need a president to do the same.

Local elections will affect FAR more than getting ONE guy in office. If you don't believe me then think about this. How's obamas healthcare going? He just sits around bitching about how the republicans won't let him do what he wants... What do you think will happen when we have ONE man as president and everyone who can stop all progress run the house/senate state and local governments.

i wouldn't discourage it if people are having fun, and not hurting themselves.

pacelli
09-14-2010, 03:44 PM
If you are going to Iowa to campaign for Ron, PLEASE do not waste your time doing sign-waves. Canvass the neighborhoods and educate the voters. However, I maxed out to both of Ron's campaigns in 2008, so have no money left to fund public education.

speciallyblend
09-14-2010, 03:45 PM
I know i can try to make it to Iowa for a few days to help,so i will stop by your base camp if i have the money to make it!! My wife is disabled and i work but i might be able to find a block of time off work and go but i would need help with money if i were to take my wife with me or by myself!!

If anyone would be willing to help get me to Iowa during the caucuses! I would give a 110% to the Liberty Movement!

If for some reason i cannot make it. I will do my best to try to donate to help you out;)

jake
09-14-2010, 03:54 PM
I'm Canadian, but will gladly donate

We need a money bomb to WIN Iowa.. along with the first straw poll.. that would mean a high chance of capturing the presidency.

Matt Collins
09-14-2010, 04:05 PM
I'm Canadian, but will gladly donate

You can't donate to the candidate, but you can donate to YAL and CFL.

wormyguy
09-14-2010, 04:09 PM
Given that I live in Massachusetts, I could probably inconvenience myself to hold a sign in NH. Iowa . . . probably not.

phill4paul
09-14-2010, 04:21 PM
Give me a $12 an hour job. 40 hrs. a week. An affordable place to crash. Iowa will have my undivided attention.

I excel in carpentry, plumbing, landscape and lawn care, any facet of the restaurant industry, many others and if there is still not one than I can sleep at a Holiday Inn Express.

Other than that I'm feeling good about the Monday millionaire lottery here in N.C.

Promontorium
09-14-2010, 05:43 PM
If not enough people in Iowa are willing to
do this already, why would there be any chance that Paul could win?

pacelli
09-14-2010, 05:51 PM
If not enough people in Iowa are willing to
do this already, why would there be any chance that Paul could win?

Great post. Perhaps it is a little late, but we do have an Iowa subforum where folks in that state can organize. Last post 2009.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=252

ronpaulhawaii
09-14-2010, 05:59 PM
Hell, I uprooted a Life O' Riley in Hawaii over three years ago and have been campaigning (on a wing and a prayer) ever since... I expect to be in Iowa :D

speciallyblend
09-14-2010, 06:02 PM
Great post. Perhaps it is a little late, but we do have an Iowa subforum where folks in that state can organize. Last post 2009.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=252

hell we cannot even get Ron Paul supporters to become republican delegates! I will continue the fight but something tells me obama wins a second term since many ron paul supporters cannot even do the simple things like join the gop and become delegates like Ron Paul asked them to do! I am going to continue to fight for Ron Paul 2012 but i highly doubt it will happen thanks to many Ron Paul supporters!!

speciallyblend
09-14-2010, 06:03 PM
Hell, I uprooted a Life O' Riley in Hawaii over three years ago and have been campaigning (on a wing and a prayer) ever since... I expect to be in Iowa :D

i hope to be there if i have the money and ability to take off work.

cindy25
09-14-2010, 06:07 PM
Iowa is Palin country; if she runs better to skip Iowa, concentrate on NH.

Matt Collins
09-14-2010, 06:15 PM
There are operatives on the ground already making efforts for 2012. That's all I'm saying for now :)

speciallyblend
09-14-2010, 06:23 PM
There are operatives on the ground already making efforts for 2012. That's all I'm saying for now :)

good:) so matt should i try to create a paypal to fund my trip to iowa?? I so want to be involved but i would need to make alot of plans to be there and would need help! I already have a vehicle . i just need to make plans to take off work for 1 week or so!

Thomas
09-14-2010, 06:25 PM
i am

Matt Collins
09-14-2010, 06:27 PM
good:) so matt should i try to create a paypal to fund my trip to iowa?? I so want to be involved but i would need to make alot of plans to be there and would need help! I already have a vehicle . i just need to make plans to take off work for 1 week or so!
Where do you live?

speciallyblend
09-14-2010, 06:28 PM
Where do you live?

i am in Central Colorado(near vail and copper mtn) ,so basically once out of the mtns i am in the denver area! I have a 4 seater and would have 2 seats open! i just have to plan logistics and time off work! i should have some money for gas etc but i will figure out costs etc soon or expected costs!

Thomas
09-14-2010, 06:29 PM

leaking information again? :mad:

AlexMerced
09-14-2010, 07:12 PM
If he saw mass migration of people moving into a house to campaign for him... I'm sur ehe might feel obliged to announce and little bit more than if you hadn't

While I don't like Pre-Emptive war, a doctrine of pre-emptive campaigning sounds fine

Epic
09-14-2010, 07:15 PM
If he saw mass migration of people moving into a house to campaign for him... I'm sur ehe might feel obliged to announce and little bit more than if you hadn't

While I don't like Pre-Emptive war, a doctrine of pre-emptive campaigning sounds fine

This is actually a good idea. Just get like one big house or office building space, and pack a ton of dedicated people into it...

Matt Collins
09-14-2010, 07:17 PM
leaking information again? :mad:
Nope... it's fairly well known that everyone has people on the ground already, but who, where, and what are shouldn't be revealed.

AlexMerced
09-14-2010, 07:18 PM
This is actually a good idea. Just get like one big house or office building space, and pack a ton of dedicated people into it...

Didn't they do that last time in New Hampshire, Vijay quit his job at Google to be part of it... details are foggy

AlexMerced
09-14-2010, 07:20 PM
Where do you live?

My brother lives in CALI and currently unemployed, I'm sure I can convince him to migrate for awhile in a communal promote ron paul

he's one of us (he just left his factory job to do a cross country trek he just finished)

Baptist
09-14-2010, 07:21 PM
Didn't they do that last time in New Hampshire, Vijay quit his job at Google to be part of it... details are foggy

Yes dozens of people moved up there.

IMO for 2012 we should throw all our resources in Iowa and the Caucus states. Ron Paul owned the caucus states. Harder to rig caucuses then electronic voting.

Iowa > New Hampshire

Matt Collins
09-14-2010, 07:32 PM
i am in Central Colorado(near vail and copper mtn) ,so basically once out of the mtns i am in the denver area! I have a 4 seater and would have 2 seats open! i just have to plan logistics and time off work! i should have some money for gas etc but i will figure out costs etc soon or expected costs!
According to CNN Ron got 9% in CO:
http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/primaries/results/state/#CO

There were some counties where he got as high as 23% though which is interesting.

Looks like the Mormons influence won out because Romney won. Not sure if that would happen again this time around.

Your efforts might indeed be better spent in Iowa than in CO. So yeah I'd say save up and do whatever you can to help win Iowa.