PDA

View Full Version : Colorado Governor: Hickenlooper (D) 46%, Tancredo (ACP) 25%, Maes (R) 21%

RonPaulFanInGA
09-14-2010, 12:36 PM
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections/election_2010/election_2010_governor_elections/colorado/election_2010_colorado_governor

ninepointfive
09-14-2010, 12:45 PM
I live here, so I see all of this unfolding before my eyes. Pretty disgusting if you ask me. Also, Dick Whadhams (an appropriate name) who runs the state R party has pretty much ruined this governors race with his interjections. What a neocon schmuck!

(He's the same guy who wouldn't let Carl Bruning speak from the floor for Ron Paul at the 2008 assembly)

Not that Dan Maes is a tea party guy anyways. Just that the tea party helped him get to where he is. It was him or McCinnis, so that choice was obvious.

specsaregood
09-14-2010, 12:54 PM
Edit: given what SB says below, I amend my comment to: "Screw you Tancredo!"

youngbuck
09-14-2010, 01:07 PM
Yea, I really hope Tancredo takes this. Not that he's some great liberty candidate, but he's many orders of magnitude better than anyone else running for Governor.

ninepointfive
09-14-2010, 01:10 PM
Tancredo voted for the Patriot act amongst other things. But he may just be a better governor. I'm one of those "undecideds" when it comes down to the vote, and am leaning Maes. It doesn't really matter anyways with the vote being split, because hickenlooper will win.

specsaregood
09-14-2010, 01:12 PM
Yea, I really hope Tancredo takes this. Not that he's some great liberty candidate, but he's many orders of magnitude better than anyone else running for Governor.

I'd just be happy to see the CP take a governorship. That would be huge, even if it was based on a single special-situation candidate's notoriety.

If tancredo can peel off another 5-10 from the (R) candidate in the polls, I can't see how he could not drop out.

Brett85
09-14-2010, 02:58 PM
Tancredo voted for the Patriot act amongst other things. But he may just be a better governor. I'm one of those "undecideds" when it comes down to the vote, and am leaning Maes. It doesn't really matter anyways with the vote being split, because hickenlooper will win.

He is in favor of legalizing weed, so he's at least more libertarian than most Republicans.

specsaregood
09-14-2010, 03:03 PM
He is in favor of legalizing weed, so he's at least more libertarian than most Republicans.

Despite him "looking for jack bauer" to torture a suspected terrorist, he was a member of Dr. Paul's "Liberty Caucus" when he was in the house, that is a plus in his favor.

speciallyblend
09-14-2010, 03:05 PM
I live here, so I see all of this unfolding before my eyes. Pretty disgusting if you ask me. Also, Dick Whadhams (an appropriate name) who runs the state R party has pretty much ruined this governors race with his interjections. What a neocon schmuck!

(He's the same guy who wouldn't let Carl Bruning speak from the floor for Ron Paul at the 2008 assembly)

Not that Dan Maes is a tea party guy anyways. Just that the tea party helped him get to where he is. It was him or McCinnis, so that choice was obvious.

i hear ya, the fact is hickenlooper will win and tancredo and maes and pretty much dead in the water! yeah for the colorado gop(sarcasm) This race is ifficially over!!

speciallyblend
09-14-2010, 03:06 PM

tancredo is basically trying to pander to the marijuana vote. Tancredo is full of crap to say it nicely!!

speciallyblend
09-14-2010, 03:08 PM
I'd just be happy to see the CP take a governorship. That would be huge, even if it was based on a single special-situation candidate's notoriety.

If tancredo can peel off another 5-10 from the (R) candidate in the polls, I can't see how he could not drop out.

don't waste your time on this race. hickenlooper will win and tancredo is just trying to bs our vote on legalized marijuana! tancredo is worthless not that the rest of them are any better! the governor's race is mute now!! anyone willing to donate to tancredo should just save it for another candidate or the Ron Paul moneybomb!!

newyearsrevolution08
09-14-2010, 03:08 PM
most politicians who are saying they are for legalizing our wonderful herb won't set it up to where it is how WE THE PEOPLE want it.

there will be some government oversite, some b.s. tax system, some cards and ids that need insurance and other bullshit, the ability to NOT grow your own OR you will have to get something like a liquor license which will be so expensive none of the smaller growers can ever compete.

speciallyblend
09-14-2010, 03:11 PM

yeah i will vote for maes but hickenlooper will win. i honestly think tancredo is just a neo-con doing his job ,making sure a liberty-backed candidate loses to a dem supported by gop establishment!! i smell gop neo-con establishment behind this tancredo run!! I wouldn't be surprised to see dick wadhams behind this circus as well no matter what he says!!

i trust tancredo like i trust barr. I don't!!!

speciallyblend
09-14-2010, 03:14 PM
most politicians who are saying they are for legalizing our wonderful herb won't set it up to where it is how WE THE PEOPLE want it.

there will be some government oversite, some b.s. tax system, some cards and ids that need insurance and other bullshit, the ability to NOT grow your own OR you will have to get something like a liquor license which will be so expensive none of the smaller growers can ever compete.

so everyone in colorado and rpf knows, tancredo is full of crap!!! he is only giving head on the marijuana issue!

specsaregood
09-14-2010, 03:15 PM
don't waste your time on this race. hickenlooper will win and tancredo is just trying to bs our vote on legalized marijuana! tancredo is worthless not that the rest of them are any better! the governor's race is mute now!! anyone willing to donate to tancredo should just save it for another candidate or the Ron Paul moneybomb!!

NORML says otherwise, have said so since 2006.
Rated +20 by NORML, indicating a pro-drug-reform stance. (Dec 2006)
http://www.ontheissues.org/Tom_Tancredo.htm

OnTheIssues.org interprets the 2006 NORML scores as follows:
-30 to -10: "hard-on-drugs" stance (approx. 228 members)
-9 to +9: mixed record on drug reform (approx. 37 members)
+10 to +30: pro-drug-reform stance (approx. 109 members)

Just saying.....

speciallyblend
09-14-2010, 03:18 PM
NORML says otherwise, have said so since 2006.
Rated +20 by NORML, indicating a pro-drug-reform stance. (Dec 2006)
http://www.ontheissues.org/Tom_Tancredo.htm

Just saying.....

yeah norml the group that protests instead of votes in denver! i don't trust norml either! norml reminds me of punk kids smoking pot in the park and demanding to legalize marijuana instead of being a delegate and voting!!

legalize marijuana is good i guess, but i am not voting on one issue and tancredo is a snake!!

bottom line the gop establishment is somehow running tancredo and helping smear dan maes. This is what i see on the ground! Tancredo is just a wasted vote and helps kill the liberty candidate. Tancredo is not to be trusted!!

specsaregood
09-14-2010, 03:21 PM
yeah norml the group that protests instead of votes in denver! i don't trust norml either! norml reminds me of punk kids smoking pot in the park and demanding to legalize marijuana instead of being a delegate and voting!!

legalize marijuana is good i guess, but i am not voting on one issue and tancredo is a snake!!

LOL, fair enough sb. If I ever make it to CO, I'm definitely looking you up.

speciallyblend
09-14-2010, 03:30 PM
LOL, fair enough sb. If I ever make it to CO, I'm definitely looking you up.

i do hear ya though;0 but something stinks in this race. Alot of folks worked hard to get Dan Maes the nomination over the gop establishment candidate(Mcginnis) at State convention!

now we have tancredo screwing the race up not for Liberty but for the gop establishment! this is how i see it!! bottom line!!!

I will vote for Dan Maes! I blame the gop establishment for Tancredo. i cannot pin point the back room deals but this smells of neo-con gop establishment ruining the Liberty movement in Colorado by backing a 3rd party candidate instead of a Liberty-Backed Republican Candidate!! Dan Maes had a strong chance to win until the gop establishment attacked him! something dirty is going on!

tancredo must of gave good head to Mcginnis!!!

Brett85
09-14-2010, 04:48 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Tancredo

"Tancredo has declared himself in favor of the legalization of marijuana. He said that his reasons to legalize marijuana include "The issue of violence that surrounds it — not just on the border — and the crimes all over the place. The number of people in prison and the amount we spend to keep them there. The broken families." While in Congress, Tancredo voted each year to attach an amendment, which never passed, that would have prevented the US Justice Department from spending any money to "enforce any drug laws in contradiction to state law."

speciallyblend
09-14-2010, 05:15 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Tancredo

"Tancredo has declared himself in favor of the legalization of marijuana. He said that his reasons to legalize marijuana include "The issue of violence that surrounds it — not just on the border — and the crimes all over the place. The number of people in prison and the amount we spend to keep them there. The broken families." While in Congress, Tancredo voted each year to attach an amendment, which never passed, that would have prevented the US Justice Department from spending any money to "enforce any drug laws in contradiction to state law."

so what, the point is the liberty movement in Colorado worked real hard to beat mcginnis in the primary at convention! tancredo is upto no good. he is basically blocking the liberty movement by entering the race. Tancredo is not entering the race for liberty. He has entered the race to stop it! Hickenlooper WINS thanks to tancredo and the gop establishment who are blowing Dan Maes run by backing tancredo!! this is gop establishment burning and blowing a race in the name of neo-con big gov nothing more!!

AlexMerced
09-14-2010, 07:10 PM
I can't stand tancredo, his views on a lot of things are beyond reasonable concern and bordering hateful. I guess it's fine if you support him, it's a free country... but just cause he has a good position on marijuana doesn't excuse everything else.

erowe1
09-14-2010, 07:27 PM
I'd definitely support Tancredo here. Check out his ratings in Congress over the years in the JBS Freedom Indexes. Yeah, he had major flaws when it came to foreign intervention and the war on terror stuff. I'm also not a fan of how anti-immigration Tancredo is. But that is less of a factor in a state position than it is in a federal one. And outside those votes, he had a pretty stellar record. I'd put his record in Congress on par with Jeff Flake.

AlexMerced
09-14-2010, 07:29 PM
I'd definitely support Tancredo here. Check out his ratings in Congress over the years in the JBS Freedom Indexes. Yeah, he had major flaws when it came to foreign intervention and the war on terror stuff. But that is less of a factor in a state position than it is in a federal one. And outside those votes, he had a pretty stellar record. I'd put his record in Congress on par with Jeff Flake.

fair enough, but his rhetoric scares the shit out of me, nativist and prtectionist scare the crap out of me

speciallyblend
09-14-2010, 07:32 PM
I'd definitely support Tancredo here. Check out his ratings in Congress over the years in the JBS Freedom Indexes. Yeah, he had major flaws when it came to foreign intervention and the war on terror stuff. But that is less of a factor in a state position than it is in a federal one. And outside those votes, he had a pretty stellar record. I'd put his record in Congress on par with Jeff Flake.

so basically you would support tancredo over the liberty movement which busted it's ass at the republican convention to beat mcginnis(gop establishment) at the delegate convention! for a candidate that is going to kill all the work the liberty movement did beating the gop establishment only to vote for a candidate that is running to kill any chance of the liberty candidate beating the democrat! If Mcginnis was running , i would be all for voting tancredo to send a gop establishment a message but voting for tancredo is going to make sure the gop establishment wins by defeating dan maes!! tancredo running will make the gop establishment happy by defeating the liberty-backed candidate Dan Maes!!

Hickenlooper Wins, tancredo loses and dan maes loses and the gop establishment wins!! yeah(sarcasm) dick wadhams and crew(gop establishment) should stop the games and just endorse hickenlooper!!

Brett85
09-14-2010, 07:32 PM
fair enough, but his rhetoric scares the shit out of me, nativist and prtectionist scare the crap out of me

Ron Paul is nativist to some extent. He's been one of the most conservative members of the house when it comes to the immigration issue, and he's voted against most free trade agreements.

erowe1
09-14-2010, 07:33 PM
so basically you would support tancredo over the liberty movement which busted it's ass at the republican convention to beat mcginnis(gop establishment) at the delegate convention! for a candidate that is going to kill all the work the liberty movement did beating the gop establishment only to vote for a candidate that is running to kill any chance of the liberty candidate beating the democrat! If Mcginnis was running , i would be all for voting tancredo to send a gop establishment a message but voting for tancredo is going to make sure the gop establishment wins by defeating dan maes!! tancredo running will make the gop establishment happy by defeating the liberty-backed candidate Dan Maes!!

Hickenlooper Wins, tancredo loses and dan maes loses and the gop establishment wins!! yeah(sarcasm)

Sorry. But who's the liberty candidate? And what's his record? Is it better than Tancredo's? If it is, then I stand corrected.

speciallyblend
09-14-2010, 07:35 PM
I'd definitely support Tancredo here. Check out his ratings in Congress over the years in the JBS Freedom Indexes. Yeah, he had major flaws when it came to foreign intervention and the war on terror stuff. I'm also not a fan of how anti-immigration Tancredo is. But that is less of a factor in a state position than it is in a federal one. And outside those votes, he had a pretty stellar record. I'd put his record in Congress on par with Jeff Flake.

his ranking doesn't matter. he is only running so the liberty candidate cannot win period! this is gop establishment tactics burn all land at all cost!!

erowe1
09-14-2010, 07:37 PM
his ranking doesn't matter. he is only running so the liberty candidate cannot win period! this is gop establishment tactics burn all land at all cost!!

I don't understand. What liberty candidate are you talking about?

speciallyblend
09-14-2010, 07:55 PM
Sorry. But who's the liberty candidate? And what's his record? Is it better than Tancredo's? If it is, then I stand corrected.

Dan Maes who we busted ass for thru convention is a good candidate! the only problem with dan maes is the gop establishment doesn't want him to win. i ask you this if there is something you do not like about Dan Maes feel free to call his office . the only lies being spread on dan maes are the same folks lying for the gop establishment and tancredo. who is only running to kill dan maes chances of winning. tancredo is a political crook!!

why folks cannot see this! this is gop establishment making suckers out of republicans!! tancredo missed the gop deadline to run for governor and is only running because gop establishment is trying to damage the liberty movement! Dan Maes is a good guy and is only being attacked by the gop establishment and neo-cons. tancredo is no friend to liberty!!

there was a huge battle between mcginnis (gop establishment) vs Dan Maes ,liberty backed. this is nothing more then a gop establishment ploy! Dan Maes has challenged anyone to confront him with any concerns. the only folks bashing dan maes are neo-cons and failed gop establishment! this is their only way to get back at delegates and dan maes for crushing their annointed mcginnis!

there was plenty of time to run for governor as a gop candidate. tancredo is basically flat out lying!!

specsaregood
09-14-2010, 08:24 PM
Dan Maes who we busted ass for thru convention is a good candidate! the only problem with dan maes is the gop establishment doesn't want him to win.

Well sh*t that changes everything. Why is he a "liberty candidate"?

speciallyblend
09-14-2010, 08:36 PM
Well sh*t that changes everything. Why is he a "liberty candidate"?

he was backed by the liberty colorado folks aka grassroots! here is his website!

http://www.danmaes.com/

if you have any concerns you can call his office! i will have more details on what is really going on soon. i just emailed some important colorado folks!

i want to remind folks tancredo had plenty of time to become a candidate! there was no talk of this until after the gop establishment was beaten!! something is very dirty here!!

Monarchist
09-14-2010, 08:59 PM
The Constitution Party is not some neo-con hack party and the GOP establishment generally isn't very friendly toward them, so I doubt they would let Tancredo run under their banner if he were some establishment plant to take out the liberty candidate.

speciallyblend
09-14-2010, 09:05 PM
The Constitution Party is not some neo-con hack party and the GOP establishment generally isn't very friendly toward them, so I doubt they would let Tancredo run under their banner if he were some establishment plant to take out the "liberty candidate".

i didn't say anything about the cp party. what i said is tancredo is running as a cp to kill our liberty candidate's chances to win. tancredo had plenty of time to become a republican candidate(tancredo is a big fat liar on his first issue)! he did not decide to run until we beat the gop Establishment candidate mcginnis! tancredo is running as a gop establishment spoiler nothing else! Dan Maes beat mcginnis(gop establishment) by delegates. tancredo is full of crap! he is only running to make sure Hickenlooper wins so that dan maes loses and the gop establishment wins ! tancredo is only running to kill dan maes win and hickenlooper will win! tancredo is no ally of liberty! if he was he wouldn't be running and we would have a liberty candidate winning!! very easy to understand. i said nothing bad about cp but the cp is falling for the barr lp trick. In the end the cp gains nothing by running a gop neo-con hack as a cp candidate. they will learn soon!! Hickenlooper Wins and the liberty-movement loses in colorado thanks to gop establishment and a neo-con hack aka tancredo!!

umm the fact he is running is doing exactly that! we have a liberty-candidate Dan Maes, look tancredo had plenty of time to run as a gop candidate. he only choose to run after we beat the gop establishment candidate mcginnis! tancredo is a spoiler nothing else! he is only running to elect hickenlooper! he is not running to help liberty or he wouldn't be running. tancredo is full of crap! thank tancredo for hickenlooper. he might as well join the dems!! he sure is not a republican or constitutionalist!!

speciallyblend
09-14-2010, 09:15 PM
The Constitution Party is not some neo-con hack party and the GOP establishment generally isn't very friendly toward them, so I doubt they would let Tancredo run under their banner if he were some establishment plant to take out the liberty candidate.

never said they were . I said tancredo is!! look the cp would run paris hilton if it helped them get name notice and some votes but look where it got the lp when they got barr . no where! tancredo is just a gop puppet making sure Dan Maes loses!!nothing more!!