PDA

View Full Version : Pen Pals for Paul - Mailing the Mainstream

Michael.Hargett
06-08-2007, 01:42 PM
All,

I just had an idea. Let's have a letter writing campaign. I know, I know, it's been done, but this time I have a specific idea:

I think that everyone should sit down and hand-write (refrain from typing, unless absolutely necessary) a letter (preferably no more than one page) to the following:

Republican National Committee
Attn: Ken Mehlman
310 First Street, SE
Washington, D.C. 20003
SUBJECT: RON PAUL

CNN
Attn: News Desk
One CNN Center
P.O. Box 105366
Atlanta, GA 30348

NBC
30 Rockefeller Plaza
New York, NY 10112

ABC
77 West 66th Street
New York, NY 10023

CBS
51 West 52nd Street
New York, NY 10019

Comedy Central
Attn: Daily Show
1775 Broadway
New York, NY 10019

HBO
Attn: Real Time
1100 Ave. of the Americas
New York, NY 10036

The purpose of the letter writing campaign is to demonstrate through physical evidence the volume of support for Ron Paul. Showcasing that the movement is more than just a digital phenomenon, but something tangible and real.

Be positive about Ron Paul, be upbeat. Most of all, just let people know how passionate you are for Ron Paul, and that this isn't some canned response that everybody is blindly copying and pasting into a Word document or e-mail.

By the way, I say hand-written (if possible) because I want the networks to know that we are real people who sat down with pens and paper to write letters, raw, real letters to them.

Another idea would be to scan the letters before you mail them, so you can e-mail them to me (I would like to see if we could find somebody who could manage these, but if nobody else will, I will take it upon myself). I can then post them to a Photobucket account called "RonPaulLetters" so we can all see all of the letters that have been sent.

In the case of HBO (Real Time with Bill Maher) and Comedy Central (The Daily Show), I think it would be nice to thank them for their showcasing of Ron Paul and the kindness they extended to him in allowing him the chance to discuss his ideas in a polite and open minded forum.

"The Pens for Paul movement, the best $2.87 you've ever spent."

While you're at it, you may get inspired to write your local newspapers, weeklies and alternative news sources. You never know!

Let's give those nutty networks and wicked wonks some hard evidence of Ron Paul's support (and, of course, don't forget to donate to the official campaign)!

I was thinking that we could coordinate it for the week ending July 14, 2007. What do you think?

My group (we have 88 people right now - after only 3 weeks!) are gung ho about the idea.

--Michael Hargett, HoosiersForRonPaul.org

princessredtights
06-09-2007, 10:17 AM
I think this idea has great potential - especially if we all sent the mail to be delivered close to the ame date - July 14th).

Also, I'd like to recommend that when writing letters (or even comments online) that we all be respectful (to a point). When I read the online comments and see some really "passionate" comments bordering on "unhinged", I wonder if that gives a distaste of the cause and good name of Ron Paul.

I think the movement would have more impact and respect if we were firm and factual not fanatical and unrational.

This is my opinion.

Karen

Michael.Hargett
06-09-2007, 02:51 PM
Princess,

I actually think the letters should be more pretty persuasion rather than accusatory.

Rather than: "You guys are blocking Ron Paul! You suxx0rz!!

Instead: "I would love to see more stories about Ron Paul, and hear more of his views."

--M