PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Grassroots Super Bowl Ideas

JoshLowry
10-17-2007, 12:52 PM
Ron Paul SuperBowl commercial? Is this possible? Two months?

I'd be happy to head up the project unless you can talk me out of it.

Are there enough deep pockets out there?

Other ideas for Superbowl? It is in Phoenix, many activists there... http://www.xrtheme.com/content/emoticons/Evil/15.gif

micahnelson
10-17-2007, 12:54 PM
Isn't it like a million for 30 seconds?

JoshLowry
10-17-2007, 12:56 PM
The commercial is probably a stretch and not the best use of funds.

Other ideas would be good though.

Maybe something like the Yale/Harvard "We Suck" Prank? http://www.harvardsucks.org/video_hi.html

libertythor
10-17-2007, 01:05 PM
We could do a chipin for the superbowl commercial, with a promise that if the goal isn't reached, ads will be purchased to air during the Simpsons and other programs.

micahnelson
10-17-2007, 01:10 PM
Im not saying we shouldn't try. Has a grassroots group ever aired a superbowl commercial?

This could be historic.

Zarxrax
10-17-2007, 01:11 PM
I think it would be great if a lot of ron paul supporters could try to go to the superbowl and sit in a group if possible. A large group of paul supporters could have signs and tshirts and stuff, and I'm sure it could be seen on tv.

micahnelson
10-17-2007, 01:13 PM
I think it would be great if a lot of ron paul supporters could try to go to the superbowl and sit in a group if possible. A large group of paul supporters could have signs and tshirts and stuff, and I'm sure it could be seen on tv.

You just want to go to the superbowl, lol.

We could have Ron Paul superbowl parties?

theseus51
10-17-2007, 01:18 PM
I think the idea is interesting, but the superbowl is on Feb 3, 2008, and by then like 6 (or more) states will have had primaries or caucuses. I personally would rather have like 5,000 radio ads in early primary states. I have a strange feeling that by Feb 3 (superbowl), the race will be decided. And it's not enough time before super super tuesday (Feb 5) for people to have done research and looked up Ron Paul.

micahnelson
10-17-2007, 01:20 PM
Good Point. Lets focus on Holiday marketing.

Free Gift Wrapping. Bring Coffee to people waiting outside early on Black Friday...

acstichter
10-17-2007, 01:20 PM
I think we can come up with some good ideas... I'm thinking "Aerial shots of the stadium and parking lot area".;)

justinc.1089
10-17-2007, 01:21 PM
A superbowl ad is a bad idea. Its just too late and too expensive.

hopeforamerica
10-17-2007, 01:23 PM

Free Gift Wrapping. Bring Coffee to people waiting outside early on Black Friday...

Let's hit the malls big time on Black Friday! My group is just in the planning stages, but there are so many people out and about around the holidays.

Nash
10-17-2007, 01:24 PM
Ron Paul SuperBowl commercial? Is this possible? Two months?

I'd be happy to head up the project unless you can talk me out of it.

Are there enough deep pockets out there?

Other ideas for Superbowl? It is in Phoenix, many activists there... http://www.xrtheme.com/content/emoticons/Evil/15.gif

My favorite superbowl ad: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfhZfSVuup4

It would be cool to put together an ad in that spirit.

I kinda always envisioned a montage of the same themes but with troops coming into port, lawyers and lobbyists getting locked out the capitol buildings and people ripping up income tax forms and showering them as confetti on a parade of Americans cheering in the streets.

And then a pan to a newspaper headline dated November 9th 2008, "Ron Paul wins the election"

Just something I had in my head. Maybe I think about this crap too much.

JoshLowry
10-17-2007, 01:24 PM
A superbowl ad is a bad idea. Its just too late and too expensive.

Yea, the more I am thinking about it, the less I like the idea.

The average 2007 SuperBowl commercial was around $2.2 million for a 30-second spot. :eek:

http://money.cnn.com/2007/01/03/news/funny/superbowl_ads/index.htm

micahnelson
10-17-2007, 01:29 PM
Let's hit the malls big time on Black Friday! My group is just in the planning stages, but there are so many people out and about around the holidays.

People are tired and stressed. If we give them something to be happy about, coffee, hot tea, and a Ron Paul flyer about taxes and the economy...

Maybe something along the lines of the economy, such as:

Did your parents have to wake up at 4am after Thanksgiving to afford nice gifts at Christmas time? What happened to our economy?

Or...

Wouldn't it be nice to spend as much as you wanted today and print up money to cover your debt? Congress Does it all the time...

Thoughts?

Sematary
10-17-2007, 01:35 PM
Isn't it like a million for 30 seconds?

more

McDermit
10-17-2007, 01:44 PM

People are tired and stressed. If we give them something to be happy about, coffee, hot tea, and a Ron Paul flyer about taxes and the economy...

Maybe something along the lines of the economy, such as:

Did your parents have to wake up at 4am after Thanksgiving to afford nice gifts at Christmas time? What happened to our economy?

Or...

Wouldn't it be nice to spend as much as you wanted today and print up money to cover your debt? Congress Does it all the time...

Thoughts?

Melikes your ideas. That first line would hit home with a TON of people! Christmas shopping was fun when I was younger. My parents loved it, we loved it, it was just a good time. Now it's a hassle and huge pain in the rear.

DjLoTi
10-17-2007, 01:46 PM
" People who support Ron Paul are so passionate about him, they put together over 2.5 million dollars to bring you a 30 second message. With Ron Paul, the impossible is possible, and this commercial alone is proof of that. Ron Paul 2008."

Lord Xar
10-17-2007, 01:50 PM
I think the following are possible.

1. GO INTO the game with a couple hundred beach balls with RON PAUL for PRESIDENT on them.. and just start tossing them around.. I am talking hundreds...

2. You can TWO very brave souls run out on the field with RON PAUL SIGNS....

You could get a group of persons to start a chant..

3. "END THE WAR, VOTE RON PAUL"..... and have everyone pick up on it..

McDermit
10-17-2007, 02:12 PM
I think the following are possible.

1. GO INTO the game with a couple hundred beach balls with RON PAUL for PRESIDENT on them.. and just start tossing them around.. I am talking hundreds...

2. You can TWO very brave souls run out on the field with RON PAUL SIGNS....

You could get a group of persons to start a chant..

3. "END THE WAR, VOTE RON PAUL"..... and have everyone pick up on it..

The beach ball thing would definitely be possible, but you'd need a handful of people to carry that many without tipping off security.

Haha, do it up bootlegger stylee - tape them to your arms, legs, and around your waist under your clothes.