PDA

View Full Version : How does Ron Paul do it?

Deft9
09-13-2010, 04:45 PM
How does he stand being surrounded by all that corruption and lying every day? Watching one destructive, unconstitutional bill after another being passed, knowing all the time America is circling the drain. It's really remarkable when you think about it. I would've had to quit a long time ago. I couldn't stomach being around those people.

phill4paul
09-13-2010, 04:54 PM
How does he stand being surrounded by all that corruption and lying every day? Watching one destructive, unconstitutional bill after another being passed, knowing all the time America is circling the drain. It's really remarkable when you think about it. I would've had to quit a long time ago. I couldn't stomach being around those people.

I don't know. I've always suspected that he possesses super powers. :D

I'd guess it is the realization that those that founded this country were willing to sacrifice more than what he has to. I'd think it is because he loves the founding intent and he cares for others enough to put up with those that he deals with.

I don't know though. Perhaps you would write him with that specific question and if he answers then post it here. I'd like to hear his response myself.:)

Welcome to the forums.:)

GunnyFreedom
09-13-2010, 04:55 PM
Having a sold firm knowledge of your own rightness helps. A LOT. And so does the grassroots support. :D

Warrior_of_Freedom
09-13-2010, 05:07 PM
What I want to know is how he keeps his cool after being ridiculed and name-called.

BuddyRey
09-13-2010, 06:37 PM
I'm not sure how he does it, but I marvel at this endurance, both physical and emotional. To deal with the rigors of Washington politics at the age when he should be enjoying the fruits of his medical career and sipping lemonade in a hammock somewhere is no less than amazing. To heck with A-Rod and Tiger Woods, it's Ron Paul's face that should grace the Wheaties box.

dude58677
09-13-2010, 06:57 PM
I'm not sure how he does it, but I marvel at this endurance, both physical and emotional. To deal with the rigors of Washington politics at the age when he should be enjoying the fruits of his medical career and sipping lemonade in a hammock somewhere is no less than amazing. To heck with A-Rod and Tiger Woods, it's Ron Paul's face that should grace the Wheaties box.

Well, Ron Paul was a world class athlete at one time with his sprinting so he should be on the Wheaties Box.

Aslo, sports does teach personal responsibility. If you throw an interception, you aren't allowed take it back and start over.

TCE
09-13-2010, 07:24 PM
Desensitization. It's happened around here for me, too. Years ago, when I first heard of some horrible thing the government did, I panicked, couldn't sleep, told everyone, etc. Nowadays, I am electronically surrounded by it so much that anytime it comes up, it's completely normal.

Ron likely goes in knowing the same thing will happen today that has happened for his 20 years in Congress. A bill will get voted on, it will be unconstitutional, and it will pass.

akforme
09-13-2010, 07:53 PM
people who bitch: what has ron accomplished in 30 years... fails to see he's accomplished something I doubt any other politician has ever accomplished and that's sticking to his principals thru 30 years of DC.

As for how he does it, don't take it personal, and laugh about it. I love democratic underground and hannity forum, they are my nightly comedy.

TCE
09-13-2010, 07:57 PM
As for how he does it, don't take it personal, and laugh about it. I love democratic underground and hannity forum, they are my nightly comedy.

Truth. He is still friends with some of them, he just disagrees ideologically. However, I'm sure he isn't best friends with Nancy Pelosi or John Boehner ;).

freshjiva
09-13-2010, 08:04 PM
Ron has said several times that he is very encouraged by the response he's getting from the younger crowd. He is feeding off their energy and all the support he gets from them.

One thing that the 2008 presidential run showed us, is that although we are in the minority compared to the likes of McCain and Romney supporters, we are extremely vocal, well organized, and passionate. That's why we were able to out-fundraise everyone else.

That is what keeps Ron going.

Deft9
09-13-2010, 10:45 PM
Years ago, when I first heard of some horrible thing the government did, I panicked, couldn't sleep, told everyone, etc.

I went through the same thing two months ago. Like an idiot, I thought I was one of only a handful who knew. My family thought I was having a breakdown. It was a big relief to find out there are a LOT more people out there who know what's going on. I still sometimes say to myself, "Really? Is this really happening? Can't be...." It's a pretty big system shock.

AdamT
09-13-2010, 11:37 PM
RP has low expectations, and in fact has said this. That's how he does it.

teacherone
09-14-2010, 05:51 AM
he reads ronpaulforums every morning.

that and chocolate chip cookies.