PDA

View Full Version : Google Instant

DamianTV
09-13-2010, 04:18 PM
Whaddya think of it?

BenIsForRon
09-13-2010, 04:38 PM
I use the back button a lot. I couldn't go back to my previous searches because I never hit enter. It's not like anyone wants to see the results of something they haven't finished typing anyways.

Kludge
09-13-2010, 04:40 PM
Haven't found any use for it - doesn't bother me. Generally just use the searchbar, anyway.

pcosmar
09-13-2010, 04:57 PM
Voted,,Bestest thing since Vaginas and Beer!

Not because I think so, but just cause I like the way it sounds.

about as accurate as instant search. ;)

BlackTerrel
09-13-2010, 05:05 PM
I don't like it.

I think they hired too many MBA's that need to justify their salaries.

Hard to tell your boss "everything is great we don't need to change anything" and keep your job. But the reality is - their search wasn't broke, no need to fix it.

Fox McCloud
09-14-2010, 02:52 PM
pretty interesting little addition; it'll save a few seconds out of each day..but hey, that's how economic progress is made; on the margin and in small results; those few seconds each day, spread out over multiple technological improvements in other areas could eventually mean hours saved.

Jordan
09-14-2010, 03:41 PM
I don't like it.

I think they hired too many MBA's that need to justify their salaries.

Hard to tell your boss "everything is great we don't need to change anything" and keep your job. But the reality is - their search wasn't broke, no need to fix it.

I think they hired too many MBAs and realized their profits would increase with the change.

Google instant has a fringe benefit in that it increases the likelihood that a person will stop halfway through a keyword.

For example:

I'm searching for "beer that is made in Australia." I start typing and Google Instant kicks in right at beer. The adwords at the top have a lot more competition for the phrase "beer" than they do for "beer that is made in Australia" and as a result a clickthrough on "beer" is worth multiples of a clickthrough on "beer that is made in Australia."

I really think it was just a clever way to increase their revenues per search.

ChaosControl
09-14-2010, 04:35 PM
I don't care either way. Google in general sucks though.

DamianTV
09-15-2010, 03:02 AM
In case anyone is interested...

https://ssl.scroogle.org/