PDA

View Full Version : Which candidate are we getting to run against John Boehner?

dude58677
09-13-2010, 03:59 PM
He said that spending levels would go back to 2008 levels when he becomes Speaker of the House. We're supposed to be abolishing the IRS and cutting federal departments.
We need to get a candidate ready for 2012.

specsaregood
09-13-2010, 03:59 PM
Holy cr*p I never realized it before, thanks for clearing that up. :)

dude58677
09-13-2010, 04:01 PM
Holy cr*p I never realized it before, thanks for clearing that up. :)

You can also be smart at the head and not in the mouth. That might also be a suggestion.

specsaregood
09-13-2010, 04:04 PM
You can also be smart at the head and not in the mouth. That might also be a suggestion.

Thank you, oh master of the obvious. I will give your suggestion the consideration it deserves.

Although I'm not of the opinion that domestic spending levels are the definition of a neocon.

dude58677
09-13-2010, 04:04 PM
Thank you, oh master of the obvious. I will give your suggestion the consideration it deserves.

Although I'm not of the opinion that domestic spending levels are the definition of a neocon.

Ok, asshole.

Galileo Galilei
09-13-2010, 04:08 PM
He said that spending levels would go back to 2008 levels when he becomes Speaker of the House. We're supposed to be abolishing the IRS and cutting federal departments.
We need to get a candidate ready for 2012.

Boehner's plan would result in a 25% cut in federal spending, if actually enacted.

specsaregood
09-13-2010, 04:08 PM
Ok, asshole.

Okie dokie, Mr. cheery disposition.
Although I think finding a candidate to run against him for speaker is a non-starter. That role in its very essence is a role for a politician, full of wheeling and dealing and back scratching, not ideology. But hey, suggest a gameplan I'm down with giving it a try. Are there any viable congressman you would suggest except dr. Paul?

dude58677
09-13-2010, 04:12 PM
Boehner's plan would result in a 25% cut in federal spending, if actually enacted.

Aren't we supposed to be seeking a 75 percent cut in federal spending?

dude58677
09-13-2010, 04:13 PM
Although I think finding a candidate to run against him for speaker is a non-starter. That role in its very essence is a role for a politician, full of wheeling and dealing and back scratching, not ideology. But hey, suggest a gameplan I'm down with giving it a try. Are there any viable congressman you would suggest except dr. Paul?

I don't. That was why I was asking other people.

Galileo Galilei
09-13-2010, 04:14 PM

Not in one year.

specsaregood
09-13-2010, 04:16 PM
I don't. That was why I was asking other people.

I don't think he is viable, but IIRC Dr. Paul said Rep. Walter Jones was instrumental in rounding up republican co-sponsors for the audit the fed bill.

nate895
09-13-2010, 04:16 PM
While I would absolutely never vote for John Boehner, and agree he is a RINO, to be fair, it would be virtually impossible given a Democratic President and a probably Democratic Senate, the House Republicans simply would not have enough political capital to hold up the budget below its pre-recession levels. For that, you need a total mandate. Significant majorities in both houses, and winning the Presidency by a decent margin would be what is required to not unleash a reaction from the American voters.

speciallyblend
09-13-2010, 04:18 PM
if we are going to fix the failed gop? Boehner will have to go! I do not view this guy as an ally to Liberty just another gop establishment stooge!! I have a general lack of trust with any republican other then Ron Paul!! Ron Paul has raised the bar on these republicans! they better start listening to what Ron Paul is saying!!

dude58677
09-13-2010, 04:19 PM
Not in one year.

Why not? Harry Browne that said that whenever a politician promises withdrawal of government programs, it is really a way to suck people into their agenda. However, they never have any intention of going beyond "the step in the right direction".

Vladimir Putin promised to end conscription over 10 years. The exact same conscription program still exists 10 years later.

Barack Obama promised to end GITMO within a year, it still exists.

George W Bush got conservatives on the bandwagon with his plans to cut taxes, he never cut it more than 1 percent.

ChaosControl
09-13-2010, 04:19 PM

Over the course of a couple decades, not within a couple years.

Galileo Galilei
09-13-2010, 04:26 PM
Why not? Harry Browne that said that whenever a politician promises withdrawal of government programs, it is really a way to suck people into their agenda. However, they never have any intention of going beyond "the step in the right direction".

Vladimir Putin promised to end conscription over 10 years. The exact same conscription program still exists 10 years later.

Barack Obama promised to end GITMO within a year, it still exists.

George W Bush got conservatives on the bandwagon with his plans to cut taxes, he never cut it more than 1 percent.

The Founding Fathers repealed the central bank. Just because liars today don't keep their promises doesn't mean it can't be done. James Madison promised a Bill-of-Rights and then delivered.

AuH2O
09-13-2010, 04:34 PM

Was the question who will run against him for Speaker, or who will run against him for his seat? No chance on Speaker -- the caucus knows his main concern when handed the reins will be an agenda that will protect their majority and their individual seats. That agenda may by chance overlap with ours from time to time, but it is not at all the same. I would love to see somebody primary him, but I think OH already had their primaries.

specsaregood
09-13-2010, 04:37 PM
Was the question who will run against him for Speaker, or who will run against him for his seat? No chance on Speaker -- the caucus knows his main concern when handed the reins will be an agenda that will protect their majority and their individual seats. That agenda may by chance overlap with ours from time to time, but it is not at all the same. I would love to see somebody primary him, but I think OH already had their primaries.

I believe the question is for the speaker slot, not his actual congressional seat.

Galileo Galilei
09-13-2010, 04:37 PM
The real question: Will Boehner be likely to push Ron Paul's agenda? Or will the NWO switch him for a shill like Mitch McConnell?

dude58677
09-13-2010, 04:46 PM
The Founding Fathers repealed the central bank. Just because liars today don't keep their promises doesn't mean it can't be done. James Madison promised a Bill-of-Rights and then delivered.

What makes you think that John Boehner isn't one of today's liars? Didn't the founding fathers repeal the central bank and enact the Bill of Rights as soon as they promised it?

Galileo Galilei
09-13-2010, 04:54 PM
What makes you think that John Boehner isn't one of today's liars? Didn't the founding fathers repeal the central bank and enact the Bill of Rights as soon as they promised it?

I don't know about Boehner. But he could be replaced with someone worse next year.

dude58677
09-13-2010, 05:32 PM
I don't know about Boehner. But he could be replaced with someone worse next year.

That sounds like "vote for the lesser of the two evils".

YumYum
09-13-2010, 06:21 PM

Many in the GOP are distancing themselves from this clown. He is a puppet of the special interest groups.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/09/13/boehner.gop.taxes/?hpt=T2

Galileo Galilei
09-14-2010, 12:33 PM

Either that or vote for the greater of two evils. Either the House will keep Boehner in charge, or they won't. Please use your brain.

RokiLothbard
09-14-2010, 01:28 PM
You know I can be a pragmatist when it comes to voting. If you can say, with even an iota of believability, that you want to reduce the Federal government by even 1%, I'm inclined to hold my nose and vote for you.

BUT if you are a R who voted for TARP or a D who voted for the PATRIOT act, that really shows you just don't get it. You didn't even have to stick your neck out; you just had to stick within the general confines of your parties perceived ideology, which happened to be right, and you couldn't even do that. So for that, you aren't getting my vote no matter what.

I'm pretty sure Boehner voted for both TARP and PATRIOT. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Galileo Galilei
09-14-2010, 01:36 PM
You know I can be a pragmatist when it comes to voting. If you can say, with even an iota of believability, that you want to reduce the Federal government by even 1%, I'm inclined to hold my nose and vote for you.

BUT if you are a R who voted for TARP or a D who voted for the PATRIOT act, that really shows you just don't get it. You didn't even have to stick your neck out; you just had to stick within the general confines of your parties perceived ideology, which happened to be right, and you couldn't even do that. So for that, you aren't getting my vote no matter what.

I'm pretty sure Boehner voted for both TARP and PATRIOT. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm talking about whether Boehner will be the next speaker of the House, not whether I'd vote for him in his district. Usually, when the House or Senate switches power, they put in someone worse as speaker or leader.

So what I am saying is that there may be a movement afoot to put in some really awful republican as the next speaker, someone a lot worse than Boehner. Boehner was an early sponsor of the audit the Fed bill, which surprised me.

libertybrewcity
09-14-2010, 02:24 PM
It is unlikely that Boehner will have a real challenger. He is viewed as Jim Demint-like figure. Establishment, but still okay. That is unfortunate, but the truth.

Galileo Galilei
09-14-2010, 02:39 PM
It is unlikely that Boehner will have a real challenger. He is viewed as Jim Demint-like figure. Establishment, but still okay. That is unfortunate, but the truth.

Its fortunate that we don't end up with someone like Pelosi who sold out all the democrats from day one when she said "impeachment is off the table".

Who is out there that is viable to be speaker"

Ron Paul? Michelle Bachman?