PDA

View Full Version : The media blackout on liberty candidates in CA, John Dennis and Chelene Nightingale

Brian4Liberty
09-13-2010, 03:06 PM
The mainstream media is up to their usual tricks. They have essentially blacked out all reporting on two candidates in California. There is no question that they use every tool at their disposal to rig elections in the United States of America. This is beyond the pale.

Recently, John Dennis, the GOP (liberty-oriented) candidate running against Nancy Pelosi (third in line to the throne) held a rally in front of San Francisco City Hall. It included popular GOP Presidential candidate Ron Paul, whose visit alone should merit some media coverage. Another speaker was former San Francisco mayoral candidate, Green Party Vice Presidential candidate and city councilman Matt Gonzalez. The four major local television stations intentionally refused to report on this event. The media goes beyond enforcing the false Democrat/Republican only paradigm. It is taken for granted that they will never cover a third party candidate, or allow them into debates, but in addition, if they decide a Democrat or Republican does not meet their star-chamber standards, they will blackball that candidate and pretend that both the candidate and the particular race do not exist.

Speaking of third Party Candidates, Chelene Nightingale is a liberty oriented candidate running for Governor of California from the American Independent Party. She has been doing a "hardship walk" which consists of marching up the central valley of California campaigning for Governor and speaking to Californians about the hardships faced here. Yet along with other third party candidates, the media pretends that her campaign does not exist.

A recent story illustrates how a small town reporter might actually perform an interview with Nightingale, only to have a producer (in the "know") refuse to air the report:

The reporter with his camera showed up at about 8:30 and the interview went well! Will Frampton from ABC News 10 was a gentleman and commended Chelene on an interview well done. We had dinner and geared up for Chelene’s first TV spot.

I received a call from Will at about 10:45pm, stating that as a reporter who conducted the interview, he felt it was his duty to inform us that Chelene’s spot would not be aired. The producer had decided to instead bump us because a basketball player was arrested for beating up his girlfriend. That was the excuse anyway. I don’t believe it.

We have had confirmation from confidential sources that specifically, the LA Times has a policy of blacking out the Nightingale for Governor Campaign, that reporters and employees are not to speak of her, that they are not to report on her. The blackout is in effect. We have to call them out and DEMAND a free press. We have to DEMAND that they stop controlling the information. DEMAND that they report the news, instead of pandering to special interests and politicians who buy them.

Ladies and gentleman, we have no free press when it comes to politics in the United States, which is the single most important function of the press.

More information Chelene Nightingale's "Hardship Walk" can be found here:

http://www.nightingaleforgovernor.com/

More information on John Dennis' campaign to unseat Nancy Pelosi in San Francisco can be found here:

http://www.johndennis2010.com/

nate895
09-13-2010, 03:12 PM
Why would the media report on a Congressional campaign doomed to failure? I mean this is San Francisco, an even remotely conservative Republican has less than a snowball's chance in hell.

Brian4Liberty
09-13-2010, 03:35 PM
Why would the media report on a Congressional campaign doomed to failure? I mean this is San Francisco, an even remotely conservative Republican has less than a snowball's chance in hell.

So there should be no reporting on races where there looks like a clear winner before the actual balloting? Even local reporting on local elections? And who decides that an election is a done deal before the fact? The media? If there is no reporting, or only reporting on certain candidates, it is a self-fulfilling prophesy. The media decides who wins by determining who has name recognition, and also by putting a bias in their reporting.

WaltM
09-13-2010, 04:16 PM
Nightingale is a 3rd party candidate though.

nate895
09-13-2010, 04:27 PM
So there should be no reporting on races where there looks like a clear winner before the actual balloting? Even local reporting on local elections? And who decides that an election is a done deal before the fact? The media? If there is no reporting, or only reporting on certain candidates, it is a self-fulfilling prophesy. The media decides who wins by determining who has name recognition, and also by putting a bias in their reporting.

Last I checked, the press has the right to publish whatever it wants. Apparently the press has decided that covering remotely competitive races is better than covering races that are pretty much a foregone conclusion. Nancy Pelosi's lowest vote total as an incumbent was 71% in 2008 against Sheehan and Dana Walsh. She has consistently gotten over 80% of the vote against only Republicans. I mean, I suppose it is possible that a Republican could get a third of the vote if the stars aligned.

pcosmar
09-13-2010, 04:34 PM

They reported on McCain in 08. ;)

btw I watched the same thing with Ron Paul at the GOP Conference on Mackinac Island. Watched Cameras and interviews done that never aired.
Then saw footage of the Fox producer telling the crew that he did not want Paul supporters in any of the shots.
I was there. :(

nate895
09-13-2010, 04:47 PM

btw I watched the same thing with Ron Paul at the GOP Conference on Mackinac Island. Watched Cameras and interviews done that never aired.
Then saw footage of the Fox producer telling the crew that he did not want Paul supporters in any of the shots.
I was there. :(

Which is exactly why over half of the public takes a lot of what the media says with a grain of salt. They still have the right to publish what they want. The fact is that the media covers what they think will get them money.

pcosmar
09-13-2010, 05:06 PM
Which is exactly why over half of the public takes a lot of what the media says with a grain of salt. They still have the right to publish what they want. The fact is that the media covers what they think will get them money.

I doubt that. certainly not "over half".
It has been my experience that most of the brain dead public thinks the news is truth and that the truth is reported.

a sad reality.
:(

nate895
09-13-2010, 06:16 PM
I doubt that. certainly not "over half".
It has been my experience that most of the brain dead public thinks the news is truth and that the truth is reported.

a sad reality.
:(

That is what the polls on the matter indicate, consistently:

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/warner-todd-huston/2008/01/09/poll-only-19-americans-implicitly-trust-media

This article is a couple of years old, but those results are typical of these polls. Over half trust "some" of what the media says, and I would have to put myself in that category. I do not think the media outright lies about most stuff; I simply think they leave out all of the truth in order to give a biased look. They might lie (or are ignorant themselves) on some issues, but I highly doubt that the media is an organization of mass deception. Rather, they are generally statist ideologues who distort issues to fit their perverted ideology.

Humanae Libertas
09-13-2010, 06:23 PM
Let's face it. John Dennis really has no shot this coming election against Pelosi. The only way a liberty candidate would win is if the incumbent retired, and no opposing Democrat would go up against them.

Seraphim
09-13-2010, 06:24 PM
That is what the polls on the matter indicate, consistently:

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/warner-todd-huston/2008/01/09/poll-only-19-americans-implicitly-trust-media

This article is a couple of years old, but those results are typical of these polls. Over half trust "some" of what the media says, and I would have to put myself in that category. I do not think the media outright lies about most stuff; I simply think they leave out all of the truth in order to give a biased look. They might lie (or are ignorant themselves) on some issues, but I highly doubt that the media is an organization of mass deception. Rather, they are generally statist ideologues who distort issues to fit their perverted ideology.

Am I missing something? Distort, leave out truth to perpetuate their ideals...And you rationalize their behavior in saying that is NOT purposeful mass deception?

You are basically saying "2 plus 2 equals 4, except that I think it equals 5"

nate895
09-13-2010, 06:28 PM
Let's face it. John Dennis really has no shot this coming election against Pelosi. The only way a liberty candidate would win is if the incumbent retired, and no opposing Democrat would go up against them.

The Democrats could put up a man who would campaign in a chicken suit and still win with 2/3 of the vote in San Francisco. If that candidate was then found to be a serial killer, a write-in Democratic Independent could easily be found and win with 60% of the vote, with a sizable chunk of the remainder of the votes going to the serial killer simply because he has a D next to his name and the voters are otherwise ignorant.

RonPaulFanInGA
09-13-2010, 06:28 PM

Yeah and McCain won the GOP primary and got 46% of the vote in the general election for President against multiple other candidates.

Now: will John Dennis crack double-digits? Pelosi's 2008 Republican opponent didn't (she got 9%.)

It's nice to dream. I'd love to believe too. But it's a Republican in San Francisco. It's just not going to happen.

nate895
09-13-2010, 06:30 PM
Am I missing something? Distort, leave out truth to perpetuate their ideals...And you rationalize their behavior in saying that is NOT purposeful mass deception?

You are basically saying "2 plus 2 equals 4, except that I think it equals 5"

It is not purposeful when you cannot see it yourself. I do not think most reporters are conscious of their bias, which is the problem. If you admit your bias, you can get over that bias in the reporting of the facts.

nate895
09-13-2010, 06:32 PM
Yeah and McCain won the GOP primary and got 46% of the vote in the general election for President against multiple other candidates.

Now: will John Dennis crack double-digits? Pelosi's 2008 Republican opponent didn't (she got 9%.)

That was with a popular Indie (Cindy Sheehan) in the race, though. The last R vs. D contest saw the GOP candidate get 12% in 2006, and most GOP challengers to Pelosi get between 15 and 20%. The really challenge is to crack 25%. And, I will say again, I will eat my hat and my shoe (in the manner of my own choosing) if John Dennis gets within 20 point of Pelosi.

pcosmar
09-13-2010, 06:49 PM
That was with a popular Indie (Cindy Sheehan) in the race, though. The last R vs. D contest saw the GOP candidate get 12% in 2006, and most GOP challengers to Pelosi get between 15 and 20%. The really challenge is to crack 25%. And, I will say again, I will eat my hat and my shoe (in the manner of my own choosing) if John Dennis gets within 20 point of Pelosi.
He might have a chance if the media reported and gave him a fair chance.
But that is not their job. Their job these days is Propaganda.

As it has been for some time.

YouTube - CFR Media Control - Councile on Foreign Relations (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXerOma_I2U)

nate895
09-13-2010, 07:01 PM

YouTube - CFR Media Control - Councile on Foreign Relations (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXerOma_I2U)

And convince who exactly? Have you ever been to San Francisco? It's a libertine statist hellhole these days. It's full of a bunch of people who want to do whatever sadistic desire they have and then have the government give it the stamp of approval and any person who might have the desire to say "hey, parading around in sadistic sexual costumes is disgusting" is almost literally stoned. Any person who has any inclination for a rule of law and anything resembling true liberty is a threat to San Franciscans' twisted view of morality.

paulitics
09-13-2010, 07:15 PM
John Dennis beats Nancy Pelosi on the wars, civil liberties, and social issues. He is not your typical republican. There are many issues that San Francisco agree with Dennis on. Also, the political climate is not at all 2008 where the Dems were trouncing repubs.

Why people do apples and orages analysis is beyond me. Dennis could beat Pelosi if he had the name recognition of say Rand Paul. I'd like to know what his polling is, I bet it is higher than most people think.

nate895
09-13-2010, 07:20 PM
John Dennis beats Nancy Pelosi on the wars, civil liberties, and social issues. He is not your typical republican. There are many issues that San Francisco agree with Dennis on. Also, the political climate is not at all 2008 where the Dems were trouncing repubs.

Why people do apples and orages analysis is beyond me. Dennis could be Pelosi if he had the name recognition of say Rand Paul. I'd like to know what his polling is, I bet it is higher than most people think.

It is one thing to be optimistic. It is another thing to deny reality. To say any Republican can win in San Francisco is just plainly a waste of time and energy.

paulitics
09-13-2010, 07:26 PM
It is one thing to be optimistic. It is another thing to deny reality. To say any Republican can win in San Francisco is just plainly a waste of time and energy.

Look, any other year I would agree, but even in San Francisco, a libertarian running as a republican has a shot, and deserves a shot based on the issues. It probably can't happen because of the self fullfilling prophesy of "he can't win" by the media and so called supporters who should be spreading the message instead of pissing on people's "optimism".

Give Dennis the money, the debates, and the airtime, and we would have a much different race, and I don't think you can deny that realty.

Brian4Liberty
09-13-2010, 07:34 PM
Obama will win re-election (electoral college) in California in 2012, there is no doubt. In addition to blacking out all other candidates, we should just cancel all debates. Hell, we can just cancel the election itself in California. No point. It's a done deal.

Brian4Liberty
09-13-2010, 07:35 PM

You got that right.

nate895
09-13-2010, 07:38 PM
Obama will win re-election (electoral college) in California in 2012, there is no doubt. In addition to blacking out all other candidates, we should just cancel all debates. Hell, we can just cancel the election itself in California. No point. It's a done deal.

That isn't necessarily the case (California is only light blue). And, two, if that is the case, it is up to the media whether they report on it or not.

Brian4Liberty
09-13-2010, 07:40 PM
Nightingale is a 3rd party candidate though.

Of course. But why not report on her walking through your podunk farm town in the Central Valley? Probably the biggest thing to happen there in months. Or do we even have local news anymore? Gotta spend hours covering some hick in Florida who wants to burn a book instead.

And what about debates? Really, we sit here and accept this bullshit as if there is nothing we can do about it. How can we have a system where there are, say, five candidates for an office, yet the media and the debates only contain two candidates? Who could propose a system like that with a straight face and think that anyone would accept that kind of nonsense.

crazyfacedjenkins
09-13-2010, 08:07 PM
And convince who exactly? Have you ever been to San Francisco? It's a libertine statist hellhole these days. It's full of a bunch of people who want to do whatever sadistic desire they have and then have the government give it the stamp of approval and any person who might have the desire to say "hey, parading around in sadistic sexual costumes is disgusting" is almost literally stoned. Any person who has any inclination for a rule of law and anything resembling true liberty is a threat to San Franciscans' twisted view of morality.

Honestly, San Francisco is one of the finest cities in this country. Try walking around in West Philly or some other shithole in the US, I'll take liberals over a fucking ghetto any day.

Just because a fraction of the total population vote democrat and don't know any better, doesn't mean it's hopeless. If there were an actual debate and the media brought up the issues, you could get a VERY close race. My experience with people from SF is that they are much more libertarian than anything, but their convictions with regard to social liberty far outweigh their convictions towards economic liberty.

Brian4Liberty
09-13-2010, 08:14 PM
My experience with people from SF is that they are much more libertarian than anything, but their convictions with regard to social liberty far outweigh their convictions towards economic liberty.

And they are anti-war. Pelosi has proven herself to be part of the war machine.

nate895
09-13-2010, 08:14 PM
Honestly, San Francisco is one of the finest cities in this country. Try walking around in West Philly or some other shithole in the US, I'll take liberals over a fucking ghetto any day.

Just because a fraction of the total population vote democrat and don't know any better, doesn't mean it's hopeless. If there were an actual debate and the media brought up the issues, you could get a VERY close race. My experience with people from SF is that they are much more libertarian than anything, but their convictions with regard to social liberty far outweigh their convictions towards economic liberty.

I was born right by San Francisco. I am a child of the Bay Area. It might sound like they support "liberty" but they are really nothing more than social libertines. They are simply intolerant of social conservatives, even if those social conservatives have no desire to use the government in any way to enforce their views. You cannot speak out against abortion, gay marriage, sexual immorality, or in favor of Christian morality and religion without facing being literally chased out of town.

crazyfacedjenkins
09-13-2010, 08:31 PM
I was born right by San Francisco. I am a child of the Bay Area. It might sound like they support "liberty" but they are really nothing more than social libertines. They are simply intolerant of social conservatives, even if those social conservatives have no desire to use the government in any way to enforce their views. You cannot speak out against abortion, gay marriage, sexual immorality, or in favor of Christian morality and religion without facing being literally chased out of town.

I was born right outside Philly and I'll take the liberals over a ghetto. If you're trying to paint it as some kind of slum, you really should spend some time in a shithole like Philly. It makes Oakland look like paradise. I'd rather disagree with people politically than get robbed and murdered.

As for social conservatives I really don't see your point. Christianity and social conservatives inherently piss on civil liberties and have nothing to do with libertarian values. Christians have been ostracizing people and condemning activities for centuries in this country; they can dish it out but they can't take it???

John Dennis is NOT a social conservative so he should fit right in. When I was at the rally with Ron Paul, John Dennis and Matt Gonzales the biggest applause was for Ending the Fed. They loved the anti-war rhetoric as well. If the media actually gave this guy a shot, issue-for-issue he would destroy Nanci.

nate895
09-13-2010, 08:48 PM
I was born right outside Philly and I'll take the liberals over a ghetto. If you're trying to paint it as some kind of slum, you really should spend some time in a shithole like Philly. It makes Oakland look like paradise. I'd rather disagree with people politically than get robbed and murdered.

As for social conservatives I really don't see your point. Christianity and social conservatives inherently piss on civil liberties and have nothing to do with libertarian values. Christians have been ostracizing people and condemning activities for centuries in this country; they can dish it out but they can't take it???

John Dennis is NOT a social conservative so he should fit right in. When I was at the rally with Ron Paul, John Dennis and Matt Gonzales the biggest applause was for Ending the Fed. They loved the anti-war rhetoric as well. If the media actually gave this guy a shot, issue-for-issue he would destroy Nanci.

Another reason not to support him. I am sick of secular libertarians' double standards: Freedom for everyone but the Evangelical Christian.

Brian4Liberty
09-13-2010, 09:35 PM
Another reason not to support him. I am sick of secular libertarians' double standards: Freedom for everyone but the Evangelical Christian.

You've had it in for Dennis since day one. You've been dissing his campaign, using excuses such as Pelosi can't be beat. Now you are defending the hidden agendas of the mainstream media. Are you a member of the mainstream media? You seem to be using their techniques. If you don't like social liberals, say so. Quit beating around the bush.

silentshout
09-13-2010, 09:43 PM

Lol. Anyway, going by what you described, a candidate to the left of pelosi on cannabis legalization and gay marriage ( not to mention much more antiwar) should pull more votes. But Dennis probably won't, but not because of that, but because of his fiscal conservatism and the mere fact that there is an R next to his name.

nate895
09-13-2010, 09:56 PM
You've had it in for Dennis since day one. You've been dissing his campaign, using excuses such as Pelosi can't be beat. Now you are defending the hidden agendas of the mainstream media. Are you a member of the mainstream media? You seem to be using their techniques. If you don't like social liberals, say so. Quit beating around the bush.

Yes, I am part of an evil conspiracy, actually. I am a member of the Freemasons, the Illuminati, and am employed at The Weekly Standard. Bill Kristol is one of my best friends, and the reason I have posted in a few threads about John Dennis nil chance of winning is because I am really afraid of him actually making it to Congress and joining Ron Paul.

No, seriously, I could care less about John Dennis and simply think it is a waste of precious time and resources that could have been spent on people who could have actually won. Dennis has gotten $600,000 in individual contributions. If half of that money had went to say, David Hedrick, who got 13% with just $50,000 in what would have been a competitive race, we might have had yet another Congressman in the House. We might even have split it up between three candidates who were in competitive races. Those $600,000 are 600,000 failures, not to mention the $50,000 Dennis has wasted on the race.

Oh, and, yes, I do dislike social liberalism (not, necessarily, social liberals). If you think I have been beating around the bush on that one, you do not read my posts with any regularity, read my signature, or know who my avatar is.

Brian4Liberty
09-13-2010, 10:08 PM
No, seriously, I could care less about John Dennis and simply think it is a waste of precious time and resources that could have been spent on people who could have actually won.

I would point out that John Dennis won the GOP Primary, against a neo-conservative who had the backing of all the local "right-wing" radio shows. I support all of "our" candidates, but John has gone further than a lot of them.

nate895
09-13-2010, 10:11 PM
I would point out that John Dennis won the GOP Primary, against a neo-conservative who had the backing of all the local "right-wing" radio shows. I support all of "our" candidates, but John has gone further than a lot of them.

So? Maybe the others would have went farther and actually had an opportunity to take a seat if we'd have sent them the amount of money we sent to Dennis.

Brian4Liberty
09-13-2010, 10:17 PM
Maybe the others would have went farther and actually had an opportunity to take a seat if we'd have sent them the amount of money we sent to Dennis.

Maybe, maybe not. Monday morning quarterbacking.

If there was an unbiased media and fair debates, then the precious campaign dollars wouldn't be so important.

nate895
09-13-2010, 10:26 PM
Maybe, maybe not. Monday morning quarterbacking.

If there was an unbiased media and fair debates, then the precious campaign dollars wouldn't be so important.

I am faster and faster coming to the conclusion that the vast majority of libertarians are simply irrational. Simple stuff like this does not help. It is practically self-evident that we should give more funds to candidates like David Hedrick, who was competitive in a competitive race, and could very well have won if he had enough money. He simply did not with 50,000 or less. That being said, 13% in a top two primary is nothing to shake a stick at when you only have radio ads and leaflets. San Francisco is no place to focus your efforts to elect a Republican. There is a word that everyone who donated to Dennis needs to know: Priority.

low preference guy
09-13-2010, 10:32 PM
There is a word that everyone who donated to Dennis needs to know: Priority

You should know that people from all over the country are donating to Dennis just because he is running against Pelosi. Many of them are not RP supporters, and if I don't know who the hell David Hedrick is, they're not going to know either.

We know you hate Dennis. We got your point. No need to keep repeating it over and over and over. You sound like a troll already.

nate895
09-13-2010, 10:40 PM
You should know that people from all over the country are donating to Dennis just because he is running against Pelosi. Many of them are not RP supporters, and if I don't know who the hell David Hedrick is, they're not going to know either.

We know you hate Dennis. We got your point. No need to keep repeating it over and over and over. You sound like a troll already.

I do not hate Dennis. I mean really, this is just the only interesting topic today that I felt like posting on. That is it, I am done with you people. You are a bunch of presumptuous fools. I have been a loyal Ron Paul supporter since 2007, and yet here I am accused of trolling since I happen to believe supporting John Dennis is a waste of time. Some person to talk, too. The post of yours I am quoting is one of your longest posts. None of your posts suggest you actually think about anything.

Ahh, let the flame war begin. The Internet. Gotta love it. Gotta Hate it.

Brian4Liberty
09-13-2010, 11:14 PM
I have been a loyal Ron Paul supporter since 2007, and yet here I am accused of trolling since I happen to believe supporting John Dennis is a waste of time.

We know Dennis is a longshot, as are most of our candidates, perhaps none so much as Ron for President. You seem to have no problem suuporting Ron for Prez, unless you didn't donate and saved your money for a more likely candidate. If we support enough longshots, some will win. And the amount of money raised is by no means the only factor. Appealing to your local voters and having an opportunity to present yourself to them are probably more important.

crazyfacedjenkins
09-13-2010, 11:24 PM
I am faster and faster coming to the conclusion that the vast majority of libertarians are simply irrational. Simple stuff like this does not help. It is practically self-evident that we should give more funds to candidates like David Hedrick, who was competitive in a competitive race, and could very well have won if he had enough money. He simply did not with 50,000 or less. That being said, 13% in a top two primary is nothing to shake a stick at when you only have radio ads and leaflets. San Francisco is no place to focus your efforts to elect a Republican. There is a word that everyone who donated to Dennis needs to know: Priority.

I agree that he has no chance, but not for the reasons you suggest. I'm going with the spirit of the OP here and blaming the media blackout and lack of debate. Therefore, I also agree with you that money could be better spent on other candidates. However Dennis is a great candidate and it's a real shame he's not running in a district with a more favorable media.

nate895
09-13-2010, 11:28 PM
We know Dennis is a longshot, as are most of our candidates, perhaps none so much as Ron for President. You seem to have no problem suuporting Ron for Prez, unless you didn't donate and saved your money for a more likely candidate. If we support enough longshots, some will win. And the amount of money raised is by no means the only factor. Appealing to your local voters and having an opportunity to present yourself to them are probably more important.

Two things on this one:

1. I am not talking about long shots primarily, but about no shots. Like I said, a Republican in San Francisco has less than a snowball's chance in hell (i.e., zero).

2. I am also talking about candidates for the same office (US House). When we have two candidates for the same office, one has a chance and one doesn't, you support the one with a chance. You also prioritize among candidates in competitive races and non-competitive races. This is Politics 101. That being said, I am not a complete pragmatist. Ron Paul might not be very likely to win the Presidency (although, even his 2008 campaign had a better chance than Dennis), but it is still possible and he could very well be a dark horse victor. There have been plenty of them in the past, and there is nothing that has changed that would preclude their possibility. That simply is not within the realm of possibility, in our universe at least, for a fiscal conservative in San Francisco.

nate895
09-13-2010, 11:39 PM
I agree that he has no chance, but not for the reasons you suggest. I'm going with the spirit of the OP here and blaming the media blackout and lack of debate. Therefore, I also agree with you that money could be better spent on other candidates. However Dennis is a great candidate and it's a real shame he's not running in a district with a more favorable media.

I really do not think the media has anything to do with it. Dennis has raised around $650,000 from all sources. He could very easily simply buy exposure. A reasonable price for a 30 second TV ad is about $5 per 1,000 viewers. In order to reach every person in the San Francisco Bay Area, that would cost ~$30,000. A more reasonable price for an individual ad would be a few thousand dollars. He could also purchase radio ads really cheap.

devil21
09-14-2010, 12:35 AM

This is a very ironic and contradictory post. You essentially state that people who wish to do whatever they want (presumably without harming anyone else) without interference don't support "true liberty" and are a threat to "morality". Do you not see the logical disconnect there? Legislating morality is the same as legislating immorality. It's not the government's job to do either of them.

Sure, you're free to have your opinion on the matter but the irony in your post is just amazing. Something tells me your idea of "true liberty" has some basis in religion?

Promontorium
09-14-2010, 01:06 AM
Fox 40 is my local news out of Sacramento. I've seen a lot of comments on their Facebook by supporters of Nightingale, not only has Fox stated they will not report on her campaign, or anything she does unless someone from her campaign gives them the story, they also actively delete comments that support Nightingale.

Promontorium
09-14-2010, 01:18 AM
I love San Francisco. I've been all over the world to many of the biggest cities, and SF tops them for me. It is an exceptionally beautiful city in an exceptionally beautiful state. The sea-side mediterranean climate is wonderous. The culture there is one of the most diverse and fascinating in the world.

I don't know why they are such political douchebags there. But that's not what one sees when going there. The politics are what YOU see never going there, in your head.

It's funny this was the subject of my Cultural Geography class today. Mainly how large-scale perception of a region will create a specific migration pattern, even if the perception is wrong. In this case I think the pervasive idea of SF being liberal doucheland actually keeps sensible people away and inspires liberal douches to come.

Brian4Liberty
09-14-2010, 10:07 AM
Fox 40 is my local news out of Sacramento. I've seen a lot of comments on their Facebook by supporters of Nightingale, not only has Fox stated they will not report on her campaign, or anything she does unless someone from her campaign gives them the story, they also actively delete comments that support Nightingale.

No doubt. The media coordinates on theses things. How they coordinate is an interesting question. Obviously people in the news industry will interact in a variety of business and social settings, naturally coming to shared opinions. Then you have CFR level interaction, where the highest level media people can also come to consensus. That is pretty straight forward.

But how do they so tightly coordinate the local evening news? In SF, there are five local television news shows. After the Ron Paul/John Dennis rally, I surfed back and forth through those five stations to see if there was any reporting on Ron's visit. It is amazing that all of the stations cover the exact same stories, in almost the exact same order, and for the same durations. The only deviation might be in a few 30 second stories at the very end. This tight coordination can not possibly be a coincidence.

Brian4Liberty
09-14-2010, 01:22 PM
It looks like the new "Wizard of Oz" video resulted in a Fox News online story for John Dennis. Next they need to give him the "Scott Brown" treatment.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/09/14/republican-challenger-casts-pelosi-wicked-witch-washington/

He may not have much chance of unseating House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, but Republican candidate John Dennis may way want to consider a career in advertising.

In his latest campaign video, Dennis has a full cast of "Wizard of Oz" characters, including a scarecrow, lion and tin man who lament political parties without heart, courage or brains. "Dorothy" says she's just concerned about debt.

libertybrewcity
09-14-2010, 02:39 PM
Well, John Dennis was featured on CNN today.
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2010/09/14/ad-mocking-pelosi-makes-pelosi-makes-waves/

He was on Fox today:
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/09/14/republican-challenger-casts-pelosi-wicked-witch-washington/

And I believe he was on the O'Reilley factor last night.

And his video went viral mainly because of Drudge Report. It now has 340k hits!

In one day!!!!

Brian4Liberty
09-14-2010, 02:50 PM
Well, John Dennis was featured on CNN today.
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2010/09/14/ad-mocking-pelosi-makes-pelosi-makes-waves/

He was on Fox today:

And I believe he was on the O'Reilley factor last night.

And his video went viral mainly because of Drudge Report. It now has 340k hits!

In one day!!!!

Guess we have Drudge to thank for pushing it out there.

newyearsrevolution08
09-14-2010, 02:58 PM
I think this should be put together better.

its not a blackout but rather not giving away free air time

I think there is a big difference.

The media was sick of us last time bitching non stop about not having ron paul on enough and for someone who didn't do all that well I think he was featured plenty.

hindsite though

I never would have done the blimp or other high priced things that did NOTHING for the poll results and focused more on ad campaigns and feet on the street doing ACTUAL door to door with tracking results and so forth.

We didn't go about it correctly and had a candidate who really could have changed our world.

Brian4Liberty
09-14-2010, 04:03 PM
its not a blackout but rather not giving away free air time

I think there is a big difference.

What is the difference?

Inflation
09-14-2010, 05:35 PM

Exactly.

Second guessing how free people choose to spend their money is not what Ron Paul would do.

Dr. Paul has endorsed John Dennis and came to SF in support of his fund raising.

Now, Dennis' "Wicked Witch of the West" video is going viral with over 360K views in two days (#5 - Most Viewed (Today)).

If one doesn't have any kind of positive suggestion for improvement, why not keep one's mouth shut? RPF is not the place that wants to hear lamentations of unavoidable future defeats.

All of this "OMG IT"S HOPELESS" nonsense denies the example of Brown in Mass, where a Tea Party backed Republican took the Kennedy family's heirloom seat.

There are many John Dennis people, among others, working very hard against near-impossible odds, so let's support and encourage them instead of eroding their enthusiasm.