PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul at 7% in Maine

RonPaulFanInGA
09-13-2010, 02:58 PM
http://publicpolicypolling.blogspot.com/2010/09/63-say-trade-out-snowe.html

Looking ahead to the 2012 Presidential race in the state Mitt Romney not surprisingly leads with 27% to 21% for Sarah Palin, 15% for Newt Gingrich, 14% for Mike Huckabee, and 7% for Ron Paul. Romney has looked solid in all of the polling we've done in New England to date.

phill4paul
09-13-2010, 04:12 PM
Then he damn well better announce. Soon. Canvassing can't wait.

itshappening
09-13-2010, 04:42 PM
They love Republicans who are really Democrats in Maine, so not surprising

bkreigh
09-13-2010, 04:46 PM
There was a good showing from RP supporters at the state convention. We were just outnumbered and couldnt get many delegates to the National Convention (1 only). On the bright side this is all about getting delegates to the National Convention. If folks know how the primaries run up there then we could sweep it. Just need to educate the folks and need folks to become delegates.

I wish i were still up there for it but i moved last year. I had a great time at the State Convention. Came away pissed off but still a good time. I learned a lot.

Ethek
09-13-2010, 04:47 PM
I would say that Maine is an interesting situation. Third Party is the norm here and a majority identify independent. Of the independents and Dem that Ive happen to have talked with at campuses a large sample will flat out say they would vote for Ron Paul if he came up on the republican ticket. This is talking to uninitiated at a YAL table with no mention of Ron.

FSP-Rebel
09-13-2010, 04:48 PM
They love Republicans who are really Democrats in Maine, so not surprising
I thought the GOP was taken over by the good guys up there in Maine or whatever. Anyway, I'd like to meet someone that supports Gingrich and ask them why in the world would they give him the time of day after his contract on America.