PDA

View Full Version : FreeRepublic.com now threatening to kill Dr. Paul

Brent H
10-17-2007, 12:24 PM
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1912113/posts?page=44#44

Thurston Howell III
10-17-2007, 01:02 PM
Talk about "fringe", those people are nuts. I think they're just kids who, when not wrecking havoc on the internet, go outdoors and torture insects and small animals for fun.

DaronWestbrooke
10-17-2007, 01:22 PM
Looks like the post was killed. What did the freetards say?

steph3n
10-17-2007, 01:26 PM
Looks like the post was killed. What did the freetards say?

it was a wanted for treason poster.

Brent H
10-17-2007, 01:34 PM
It was an image of a flyer containing a screed about "traitors" being killed. Below the flyer, the person wrote a message stating that the flyer was meant for Ron Paul.

Jim Robinson, the owner of "Brownshirt Republic" has been labeling Ron Paul as a traitor for a fairly long time. If you sift through bazillions of posts, I'm sure you can find a few: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=%22Jim+Robinson%22+%22Ron+Paul%22+traitor+site%3 Awww.freerepublic.com

I once noticed a posting where one of the Brownshirts claimed to be carrying a gun illegally in California in case he encountered "dangerous" Ron Paul supporters.

saku39
10-17-2007, 01:35 PM
The guys on that site are insane. Completely insane.

JaylieWoW
10-17-2007, 01:39 PM
After reading all those posts they mostly sound like people unable to actually hold an intelligent conversation. They ask for proof, proof is provided but they say its a lie (regarding the military donations). I have to agree the board must have been taken over by a bunch of cyber bullies who have no interest in an exchange of ideas but rather picking a fight over anything and refusing to "stand corrected" when their claims of "that's a lie" are irrefutably countered.

Let the little babies have their fun, I doubt very seriously any of them have a real interest in politics. I'm sure they will be too self absorbed in their little whiny "freepers" board to even bother to get out to vote in the primaries. It just means those of us who are really interested in an honest exchange in ideas and freedom will have the primary ballot boxes all to ourselves.

PS: Hi freepers! Thanks for linking your thread (http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1912113/posts?q=1&;page=129#129) to this one on the ronpaulforums. You guys should really look up the definition of "Republic" and "Conservative" sometime, I think you're the ones who are commies in disguise. :D

TVMH
10-17-2007, 01:40 PM
Some people are just not happy unless they get their daily "two minutes of hate"; judging by the plethora of puerile one-liners, the foregoing literary reference is entirely appropriate, in my opinion.

I find it to be a waste of time to try and have a rational and logical discussion with most of the folks over there.

saku39
10-17-2007, 01:41 PM
I once noticed a posting where one of the Brownshirts claimed to be carrying a gun illegally in California in case he encountered "dangerous" Ron Paul supporters.

Ok, now I'm really mad.

Oh yeah, point a gun at me and I'll show you how dangerous I can be.

If some asshole shows up and points a gun at me when I'm handing out flyers or waving a sign, I will beat his ass so completely that he will never confuse Ron Paul supporters as pacifists or weak.

Kregener
10-17-2007, 01:41 PM
Freepers (I like Freetards too) lost all credibility years ago.

I avoid the place like the plague.

angelatc
10-17-2007, 01:50 PM
It looks like they blocked traffic from this site somehow.

They are a really weird group. I stumbled upon a good discussion there, and it's like
someone above described. When the person presented a point the protester couldn't counter, he ignored it and started calling the other person names. Then when that person said "Are you going to address my point or not!" a moderator jumped in and warned him about his tone.

I think they must be inbreeding over there.

Wilkero
10-17-2007, 01:55 PM
I don't even bother going over there any more. Even though it used to have more civil libertarians, it seems like they've been booting everyone that utters any dissent or even tries to persuade others to vote for Ron Paul.

Kregener
10-17-2007, 02:09 PM
...they've been booting everyone that utters any dissent...

That is exactly what they have been doing...for YEARS.

kylejack
10-17-2007, 02:46 PM
Also, before spouting the usual crap about Ron Paul “not supporting the troops”, consider that Ron Paul has raised more from the military then all of the other Republican candidates.

Site your sources. I call BS. Prove it.
Nice bunch there. Idiots, too.

PaleoConservative
10-17-2007, 02:48 PM
LOL,

It's also good comic relief to go there and read what those idiots are posting. I like how multiple people called BS when asked about Dr. Ron Paul's military donations. Do they ever read anything outside of freerepublic? You would have to have your head up your butt not to know that Dr. Paul raised twice as much as John McCain and Scary Freddie.

One guy posts all these "non-conservative" votes of Dr. Paul. I'd be willing to wager he got that straight from Hannity's webiste.

Let me share a story with you about taking stuff as truth from Hannity. I quoted him about John Kerry's voting record and someone properly called me on it. It was a complete distortion of his voting record. Now mind you, there was no way in Hell I was going vote for Kerry but I had using bad data.

Let me put it another way, bills have all kinds of things attached to them that 99% of the voting public would have no clue were attached to these bills. You can't simply say "oh, so and so voted against this bill so therefore he's not conservative." For example, saying Dr. Paul didn't vote for some abortion bill means he isn't a conservative. Sorry, he voted against the bill for conservative reasons, i.e. the states are supposed to deal with these issues.

bbachtung
10-17-2007, 03:31 PM
I've avoided those brainwashed extremists for years, but I saw this (the most recent post, number 138) threat against Dr. Paul:

To: mnehrling
Where is it in the Constitution that you should attempt to scuttle the US Military in the middle of an armed engagement?

Ron Paul has a date with a Marine in a dark alley in his future.

138 posted on 10/17/2007 2:16:15 PM PDT by elizabetty ("Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm." .Ralph Waldo Emerson)

I've screen-captured it for posterity:

http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/4396/freepnutsgo0.th.jpg (http://img503.imageshack.us/my.php?image=freepnutsgo0.jpg)

torchbearer
10-17-2007, 03:35 PM
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1912113/posts?page=44#44

Isn't it a federal crime to express a death threat over the internet?

kylejack
10-17-2007, 03:55 PM

Its a female sounding name. If she's not a Marine, she might have just been hypothesizing.

angelatc
10-17-2007, 03:59 PM
Ross Perot.

Corydoras
10-17-2007, 06:47 PM

Dunno. But see:
http://www.ic3.gov/faq/

"Q: Can I file a complaint if I have been threatened over the Internet via email, chat room, or on a website?
If you think your life is in danger, please contact your local and/or state police immediately!"

literatim
10-17-2007, 06:50 PM
Free Republic is like a mirror image of the Fred Thompson Forums.

parke
10-17-2007, 06:59 PM
[/B]

I think I love you.. Awesome rebuttal!:D :D

Captain Shays
10-18-2007, 11:04 AM
I joined that forum and after my first post in support of Ron Paul they revoked my membership.

Mortikhi
10-18-2007, 11:34 AM
And to think that I used to be one of those crazed people posting on freerepublic.

I was lock-step with those jackboots.
Iraq should be a glass parking lot!
Death to those camel jockeys!
Lets NUKE Iran.

Yeh, I joined in those conversations. Cheering on the warmongering and blanket hatred for all thing 'muzzie'.

I watched the first Republican debate, gung-ho for Hunter because he wanted to bomb this, kill that.

Then I heard Ron Paul speak and I realized, I was a fool.

I was banned from freerepublic shortly after that first debate. Banned for saying I liked what Ron Paul had to say.

*cue my signature*

Syren123
10-18-2007, 11:41 AM
As we are discovering, free speech has an downside.

PaleoForPaul
10-18-2007, 12:37 PM
Let the little babies have their fun, I doubt very seriously any of them have a real interest in politics. [/B]

They're interested, they are just so into the 'us vs them' side of politics that they can not, and will not listen to other opinions. They're stuck in knee jerk reactions to certain topics, such as rejecting any candidate that does not support the war in Iraq.

These people might watch the partisan political television shows, or read certain newspapers, but I assure you they do not read much outside of the authors they know, especially no one from the 'other side'.

If half of them gave Paul an honest hearing and were given a history lesson they would realize that Dr. Paul is the best choice out of the candidates we've been given.

PaleoForPaul
10-18-2007, 12:39 PM
As we are discovering, free speech has an downside.

There is no downside. I'd rather have them make such threats publicly, on the record, rather than conspiring to do something in secret.

Free speech is the rope idiots hang themselves with.

Bruehound
10-18-2007, 12:47 PM
Whenever i see a particularly heavy night of traffic on those boards I think to myself, "well, I guess the Dungeons and Dragons game was cancelled"