PDA

View Full Version : Fantastic Explanation of Jihad by an Indian Muslim.

freshjiva
09-13-2010, 09:27 AM
Dr Zakir Naik is an Indian Muslim, residing in Mumbai. He is the founder of the Islamic Research Foundation in Mumbai, India. He is a phenomenal lecturer and has studied world religions, especially the Abrahamic faiths as well as Eastern religions such as Hinduism, Jainism, Sikhism, and Buddhism.

He quotes from scripture to back his claims, which is why I really like him.

Listen to this 3-min video of dissolving the biggest neocon misconception: Jihad.

YouTube - What is Jihad? By Zakir Naik (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klFib4nid7g)

1. Jihad in Islam means "to strive or struggle":
a) against one's own inner inclinations that leads one away from Allah (God)
b) to make society better
c) in the battlefield in self-defense
d) against tyranny and oppression

2. Qu'ran says "Where you find Kafir [non-Muslims], you kill them." This is one of the most widely quoted propaganda tools by neocons against Islam.

a) Indeed, the Qu'ran does mention this, but its a quote taken out of context, because in immediately previous verses, it is referring to a peace treaty broken by a foreign group, and so the Qu'ran in this verse is declaring war. In the battlefield of war, the Qu'ran is thus saying to kill wherever you find non-Muslims, but this is exclusively during times of war only. In other words, these verses that describe jihad in the Qu'ran are what any effective military General would tell his soldiers.

3. Jihad means struggle or strive against the above-listed things. It does NOT mean 'holy war'. In fact, nowhere in the entire Qu'ran nor the Hadith is the word 'holy war' mentioned.

4. Ultimately, only two of the four possible definitions of Jihad is violent, but the Qu'ran makes it clear that violent Jihad applies only in instances of self-defense or in response to oppression and tyranny.

Icymudpuppy
09-13-2010, 09:35 AM
Well, given the oppression and tyranny we have instituted against the Muslim world for the better part of the last century and given the killing of civilians we've done for the last 20 years, I would say that both "c" and "d" interpretations of Jihad are justified.

Pericles
09-13-2010, 09:39 AM
And Mohammad himself, self defensed his way across Arabia, while subsequent followers self defensed themselves across Spain, Southern Europe, and all the Way to Vienna, until stopped on September 11, 1683.

tropicangela
09-13-2010, 10:38 AM
the neocons would say it's taqiyya and say this guy is lying and conning people to let down their guard

BlackTerrel
09-13-2010, 11:57 AM
2. Qu'ran says "Where you find Kafir [non-Muslims], you kill them." This is one of the most widely quoted propaganda tools by neocons against Islam.

a) Indeed, the Qu'ran does mention this, but its a quote taken out of context, because in immediately previous verses, it is referring to a peace treaty broken by a foreign group, and so the Qu'ran in this verse is declaring war. In the battlefield of war, the Qu'ran is thus saying to kill wherever you find non-Muslims, but this is exclusively during times of war only. In other words, these verses that describe jihad in the Qu'ran are what any effective military General would tell his soldiers.

I'll be honest this guys interpretation does not make me feel any better - it actually makes me feel worse. So basically:

1. The Koran says kill all non-Muslims no matter where you find them.

2. BUT only in times of war.

Well what defines when you are at war? And what if you are at war with one entity but other non-Muslims have nothing do with it? You should still kill all non-Muslims wherever you find them?

Why does he add "wherever you find them"? And why does he not differentiate between women and children and other civilians?

BlackTerrel
09-13-2010, 12:00 PM
the neocons would say it's taqiyya and say this guy is lying and conning people to let down their guard

I'd say the majority of neocons would agree that "Islam is a religion of peace". At least most of the more prominent ones.

YouTube - GWB's entire "Islam is Peace" speech (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_ZoroJdVnA)

eOs
09-13-2010, 12:04 PM
And Mohammad himself, self defensed his way across Arabia, while subsequent followers self defensed themselves across Spain, Southern Europe, and all the Way to Vienna, until stopped on September 11, 1683.

Bahaha

timosman
02-12-2017, 06:43 PM
Bahaha

The Day of the Siege: September Eleven 1683 - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1899285/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HolSYyDsRJc

oyarde
02-12-2017, 07:47 PM
I'll be honest this guys interpretation does not make me feel any better - it actually makes me feel worse. So basically:

1. The Koran says kill all non-Muslims no matter where you find them.

2. BUT only in times of war.

Well what defines when you are at war? And what if you are at war with one entity but other non-Muslims have nothing do with it? You should still kill all non-Muslims wherever you find them?

Why does he add "wherever you find them"? And why does he not differentiate between women and children and other civilians?

Well , when you cannot read the Cleric will let you know when it is time of war .

oyarde
02-12-2017, 07:51 PM

I am not a neo con , but , why would I think he is not lying ? He would desire an environment I do not . Having lived among them , I would not let my guard down . To be fair though . I do not let my guard down with others as well .

Zippyjuan
02-12-2017, 08:05 PM
(those posts are six years old)

NorthCarolinaLiberty
02-12-2017, 08:30 PM
(those posts are six years old)

And?