PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone else getting tired of others taken credit for the Tea Party?

rebelforacause
09-12-2010, 09:47 AM
The tea party was started here in November of 2007 yet the media and so many making money from Tea party books pretend it was started in 2009. We Lawrence spent 80k for a full page ad in the USA today and it seems that nobody cares about the truth. I am so tired of seeing others make money while not giving the original grassroots patriots who did the heavy lifting i n the beggining.

sailingaway
09-12-2010, 09:49 AM
Not any more. I can see the day when we are going to want to say we 'participated in and started' the tea parties, but make clear our separate identity. We are more consistent than the overall amorphous group is, and in some instances that matters.

That doesn't mean we can't participate and be a large voice in it. In some places we nearly 'are' the tea parties, in others, not so much.

MozoVote
09-12-2010, 09:50 AM
That six million dollars came from a lot of people - many of whom have attended Tea Party rallies and voted for winning candidates.

"The Truth is Out There". The MSM is just continuing the short shrift they always gave Dr Paul.

phill4paul
09-12-2010, 10:11 AM
Such is the way of warfare. Adapt and overcome when they mimic winning strategies.

There is no use getting panties in a wad. There is no way to reclaim it.

Adapt and overcome when they mimic winning strategies.

angelatc
09-12-2010, 11:18 AM
The tea party was started here in November of 2007 yet the media and so many making money from Tea party books pretend it was started in 2009. We Lawrence spent 80k for a full page ad in the USA today and it seems that nobody cares about the truth. I am so tired of seeing others make money while not giving the original grassroots patriots who did the heavy lifting i n the beggining.

You can accomplish a lot if you don't care who gets the credit. - Reagan, IIRC

rebelforacause
09-12-2010, 01:09 PM
I used to be naive too in thinking that it's the effort until I saw so many others making the money from it. The truth matters to me and what inspired the idea for the tea party. Yes I was one of 3 to spark the initial idea. Go ahead and look for yourself.

rebelforacause
09-12-2010, 01:10 PM
www.supportthetruth.org was created just before I posted here to have a tea party

PatriotOne
09-12-2010, 02:41 PM

The Tea Parties were actually started by the "truthers" in 2006. Because the majority of them supported RP for one reason or another when he announced his candidacy, in 2007, a Tea Party was arranged to take place at the same time for non-truthers and truthers alike to be held at the place of the 2nd annual 9/11 Truth Tea Party that was already schedule at Faneuil Hall in Boston. It was also arranged to hold the wildly successful $6M money bomb the same day.

http://boston911truth.org/teaparty/

MozoVote
09-12-2010, 03:18 PM
Face it, Rick Santelli is "one of their own" - so the MSM would rather the meme be that it began with him, than with Ron Paul. There was no motivation for them to clear it up.

sailingaway
09-12-2010, 03:47 PM
You can accomplish a lot if you don't care who gets the credit. - Reagan, IIRC

^^^ this

but I agree they don't WANT Ron's supporters to have started it. They don't want his ideas getting more attention. A cynical part of me says they sure kept Rand's ideas out of the media... simply by advising him not to run on them because he doesn't need to and should play it safe. I don't dispute the way he's managing his campaign, but the result IS less attention to liberty ideas, no question.

Anti Federalist
09-12-2010, 04:56 PM

Actually, it was "9/11 Truth" that was holding events on and around Dec. 16th in honor of the Boston Tea Party and the concept of popular uprising against an overbearing government.

I don't know who "We Lawrence" is, but the person who took out the full page USA Today ad was our own Larry Lepard, and IIRC, it cost him out of his own pocket about $125,000

ETA - NVM - I see PatriotOne already made this point.

newbitech
09-12-2010, 05:07 PM
We wouldn't have a Tea Party if not for the patriots of 1773. If anyone should get credit, then it should be those early American's.

The tea party should be a reminder for American's of what it took to break away from a hostile government. If people want to exploit our heritage and cash in on it, then it is the fault of the idiots who send in their tear soaked FRN's for an unworthy cause.

The tea party masqueraders and the people who fill their coffers are all a disgrace to American tradition.

No one alive today is responsible for the tea party. Anyone profiting off of the tea party and not adhering to the spirit of 1773, needs to be shown the door. Likewise, anyone sending money to politicians or would be politicians because their are associating themselves with the tea party, need to be encouraged to sever their emotional ties in exchange for facts.

Anti Federalist
09-12-2010, 05:09 PM
We wouldn't have a Tea Party if not for the patriots of 1773. If anyone should get credit, then it should be those early American's.

The tea party should be a reminder for American's of what it took to break away from a hostile government. If people want to exploit our heritage and cash in on it, then it is the fault of the idiots who send in their tear soaked FRN's for an unworthy cause.

The tea party masqueraders and the people who fill their coffers are all a disgrace to American tradition.

No one alive today is responsible for the tea party. Anyone profiting off of the tea party and not adhering to the spirit of 1773, needs to be shown the door. Likewise, anyone sending money to politicians or would be politicians because their are associating themselves with the tea party, need to be encouraged to sever their emotional ties in exchange for facts.

Those guys were terrorists.

amy31416
09-12-2010, 05:17 PM
YouTube - Blazing Saddles (1974): I'm So Tired Scene (Madeline Kahn) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQU0_PHUB2E)

PatriotOne
09-12-2010, 05:20 PM
Actually, it was "9/11 Truth" that was holding events on and around Dec. 16th in honor of the Boston Tea Party and the concept of popular uprising against an overbearing government.

I don't know who "We Lawrence" is, but the person who took out the full page USA Today ad was our own Larry Lepard, and IIRC, it cost him out of his own pocket about $125,000

ETA - NVM - I see PatriotOne already made this point.

Always thankful for back up. I was thinking of paging you if the resistance got to much for me :p. I still remember you being the one to post the 2007 Tea Party invite on this forum. I forgot to question him about We Lawrence.

rebelforacause: Who's "We Lawrence"?

Peace&Freedom
09-12-2010, 05:52 PM
Yes, there was a burgeoning liberty movement before 2009, before the Paul candidacy of 2007-8, and really before the truth movement picked up steam in the mid-2000's. It was home for all who were and are steel-minded enough to push freedom issues regardless of MSM dismissal or marginalization, be it the Fed, ending the wars, tax honesty, 9-11 truth, the NAU, NWO, etc.

The truth movement brought it to critical mass by 2006 and the 5th anniversary of 9-11 (I was at the NY 9-11 Truth event at Cooper Union that weekend, when there was standing room only attendance in a 2000+ seat auditorium used to host its speakers). People were also handing out DVDs of Russo videos and Loose Change documentaries in 2006 by the truckload---those were the issues that started that trend, the Paul movement simply used the existing new communication model and exploded its use.

What the media wanted to do with the Tea Party is neuter all traces of its independence, and from its connecton to the above issues, by co-opting it back into the left/right, two-party paradigm. By attacking it from without by claiming it was a racist reaction to Obama, the MSM chilled many Democrats from it, clearing the way for GOP leaders to try to infiltrate it and steer it from within. They have been partially successful, but the establishment is still in shock over the Tea Party being able to topple or seriously challenge incumbent pols in the primaries. Their ultimate aim is to make it ineffectual at doing even that, after it has fully co-opted it.

Anti Federalist
09-12-2010, 06:00 PM
Always thankful for back up. I was thinking of paging you if the resistance got to much for me :p. I still remember you being the one to post the 2007 Tea Party invite on this forum. I forgot to question him about We Lawrence.

rebelforacause: Who's "We Lawrence"?

To this day, the "high point" of the campaign for me.

I'm still glad to have been able to play a part in that.

Pauls' Revere
09-12-2010, 06:21 PM
Seems the GOP establishment is trying to take out "Tea Party" candidates now.
It's time for the third party!
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100912/ap_on_el_se/us_delaware_senate

Vessol
09-12-2010, 06:32 PM
I'm not really too interested in trying to attach myself to the Tea Party movement, which is just an extension of the GOP.

ronpaulhawaii
09-12-2010, 06:48 PM
Tea-O-Con rallies are orchards of low hanging fruit.

And we still own the "spirit"

:D

Jordan
09-12-2010, 06:54 PM
The difference is that when a Republican is elected to the presidency in 2012, we'll still be fighting and the mainstream "Tea Party" members will have all disappeared.

PatriotOne
09-12-2010, 07:01 PM
Yes, there was a burgeoning liberty movement before 2009, before the Paul candidacy of 2007-8, and really before the truth movement picked up steam in the mid-2000's. It was home for all who were and are steel-minded enough to push freedom issues regardless of MSM dismissal or marginalization, be it the Fed, ending the wars, tax honesty, 9-11 truth, the NAU, NWO, etc.

The truth movement brought it to critical mass by 2006 and the 5th anniversary of 9-11 (I was at the NY 9-11 Truth event at Cooper Union that weekend, when there was standing room only attendance in a 2000+ seat auditorium used to host its speakers). People were also handing out DVDs of Russo videos and Loose Change documentaries in 2006 by the truckload---those were the issues that started that trend, the Paul movement simply used the existing new communication model and exploded its use.

What the media wanted to do with the Tea Party is neuter all traces of its independence, and from its connecton to the above issues, by co-opting it back into the left/right, two-party paradigm. By attacking it from without by claiming it was a racist reaction to Obama, the MSM chilled many Democrats from it, clearing the way for GOP leaders to try to infiltrate it and steer it from within. They have been partially successful, but the establishment is still in shock over the Tea Party being able to topple or seriously challenge incumbent pols in the primaries. Their ultimate aim is to make it ineffectual at doing even that, after it has fully co-opted it.

Good post. And I never really thought about it before but you are right. The communication mediums used by truthers were already well established in those 7 yrs since 9/11 (even if they were born out of desperation because the media refused to even acknowledge truthers). When they adopted RP as their political savior (lol) the movement spread the word using the established medium. No wonder RP's campaign seemed so "cutting edge" to the usual hacks. It had only been used for dissent and watching guys light their farts on fire before...not massively promoting a Presidential candidate.

PatriotOne
09-12-2010, 07:02 PM
Tea-O-Con rallies are orchards of low hanging fruit.

And we still own the "spirit"

:D

And the internet :D

PatriotOne
09-12-2010, 07:05 PM
To this day, the "high point" of the campaign for me.

I'm still glad to have been able to play a part in that.

Those were exciting times indeed! I hope to capture that excitement again when RP announces he's running for prez again.

james1906
09-12-2010, 07:07 PM
Those guys were terrorists.

Yes, anti-government right wing extremists who use violence to support their goals.

Anti Federalist
09-12-2010, 08:16 PM
Yes, anti-government right wing extremists who use violence to support their goals.

On the nosey.

parocks
09-13-2010, 02:36 AM
I'd want to see the results of who, here at least, was the first to mention tea party, the threads on it. And someone writes something called early tea party history.
The ideas of the 12/07 tea party, ron pauls, are similar to the tea party. Antiwar is missing, but the limited government stuff is the same.

I used to be naive too in thinking that it's the effort until I saw so many others making the money from it. The truth matters to me and what inspired the idea for the tea party. Yes I was one of 3 to spark the initial idea. Go ahead and look for yourself.

MelissaCato
09-13-2010, 05:53 AM

I agree. The real Tea Party peeps know the deal. We also know how Ron Paul was treated by the MSM in the beginning and even now ... this isn't something we didn't or couldn't foresee.

The smart people know who to follow and are loyal. They cannot take that from us.

Ron Paul and Judge Andrew Napolitano 2012 !!! :D

LibertyEagle
09-13-2010, 06:01 AM
you can accomplish a lot if you don't care who gets the credit. - reagan, iirc

we wouldn't have a tea party if not for the patriots of 1773. If anyone should get credit, then it should be those early american's.

The tea party should be a reminder for american's of what it took to break away from a hostile government. If people want to exploit our heritage and cash in on it, then it is the fault of the idiots who send in their tear soaked frn's for an unworthy cause.

The tea party masqueraders and the people who fill their coffers are all a disgrace to american tradition.

Amen

Mattsa
09-13-2010, 06:22 AM

Tis the way of things in politics

It's a filthy game

As soon as a politcial movement is perceived to be a threat to the ruling status quo, it is subverted and co-opted into the mainstream political arena.

Hence, Sarah Palin will probably be advanced by the RNC and the GOP as their preferred canditate, fully endorsed by the right wing corporate media and hacks like Glenn Beck, Hannity and all the other fake conservatives.

In the Book of Revelation, the people are warned to beware false prophets.

Unfortunately, the ruling elite own the minds of most people out there. They can manipulate people to do what they want. They got Obama elected didn't they? I rest my case.

Elwar
09-13-2010, 08:56 AM
06-07-2007, 11:36 AM

For those of you in large cities with lots of Ron Paul friends:

Ron Paul is being glossed over by the main stream media as being the 'fringe', 'second-tier', 'non-electable' candidate. We know that's not true. So, let's have a Boston Tea-V Party. The plan...set a date nationwide (4th. of July). Pick up every used TV you can, at garage sales, second hand stores, etc. In the spirit of the Boston Tea Party, set up a staged event where the Ron Paul Patriots come together in one high-profile place and 'dump' all these Tea-V's into one massive heaping pile. After the symbolic point is made, a dump truck with signs all over it saying, "Dump the Main Stream Media" will symbolically receives the sets after they served their purpose. Ok, I'm lacking sleep...it's just an idea.

http://www.dailypaul.com/node/249

06-07-2007, 08:06 PM

Word...My wife and I are so stoked. I've donated twice so far and most likely will again.

I want this to happen. I want America given back to "The People" and I want to be a part of this. For almost a year now I've been telling my friends that we need a "Tea Party"...I like Tea...;) :D

06-22-2007, 10:47 PM

okay okay i'll bite :

option #1 some sort of new "Iowa" tea party
option #2 some major stars and or politicians endorse him at the rally outside.
option #3 a big name endorses paul and becomes his running mate
option #4 all of the above

May the patriots rise up and overthrow the tyranny that has befallen our great country!
A Boston Tea party anyone?

07-21-2007, 08:44 AM

Hey guys the revolution is spreading ,
Cigar Dave was in a furry that the Dem's are trying to raise cigar taxes 20,000% (yes 20,000%) which would increase the retail price of the cigar x3 (basically a $5 cigar becomes a $15 and a $15 cigar becomes $45). While on the Jerry Doyle show Cigar Dave said that it was time to start a revolution and we needed a Boston Tea Party. He also used the Jefferson quote about needing a revolution every 200 years. He is even starting a website www.tampateaparty.com to protest government taxation. Here is the platform of his website;

YES to fair, low taxes!
YES to strict term limits!
YES to clean sheet zero-based budgeting!
YES to eliminating the pork!
YES to eliminating the IRS!
YES to ending cushy government pensions!
YES to eliminating bureaucracy!
YES to eliminating political parties!
YES to securing the borders!
YES TO RECLAIMING AMERICA AS THE LAND OF THE FREE AND LAND OF OPPORTUNITY!

08-16-2007, 08:26 PM

I've got an idea-The Boston Tea Party took place on Dec. 16. We could do another event on that date in Boston. The Boston Tea Party for Ron Paul. It's a way to focus on Ron Paul's tax message.

I just think we need to focus effort on one place at a time to make sure we do an event that sends a strong and consistent message. (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=130047&postcount=51)

08-17-2007, 10:53 AM

I LOVE IT

RON PAUL TEA PARTY!!

Of course, we might all be portrayed as terrorists by the MSM. But if that is the case, the average American would think the media was crazy.

Might get a few more people to realize that there is a revolution going on!

08-17-2007, 11:27 PM

Lets have a modern day tea party, eh?

09-05-2007, 11:36 PM

Time to start protesting outside of Faux news... or taking over their broadcast trucks.
now you're making sense!!!! that is a revolution. That is the boston tea party!!

Take down Faux news infrastructure instead of just rolling over and taking the propaganda machine. Their insurance rates may go up.

10-02-2007, 07:30 PM

have Dr Paul lead a rally in front of the IRS with say 1,000 + supporters demanding an end to the income tax. Something like the Boston Tea Party.

A bond fire burning the damn tax code.

10-16-2007, 03:41 AM

Why not the Boston Tea Party anniversary (December 16)?

The media would have a field day with this November 5 idea, saying Ron Paul supporters are in favor of violent revolution via means of murder and blowing up buildings...not that I'm saying you shouldn't do it, but be ready. (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=277047&postcount=76)

10-17-2007, 01:01 PM

I'm down for another $100 on December 16th too! (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=281986&postcount=211)

10-17-2007, 01:05 PM

Haha, we can make the Tea Party December's theme! (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=281990&postcount=212)

10-17-2007, 01:10 PM

Yeah I agree, the Boston Tea Party will be done in December, but for that one we should go for $50 donations from people because we would probably end up with way more people willing to donate $50 than $100, so it would probably be even more successful and get more attention after we have done it once in November. (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=282027&postcount=214)

10-21-2007, 10:09 PM

You guys should do one for December 16th.. Boston Tea Party Day...

Its an oldie but still a goodie.

We all dress up like Indians before we donate! (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=300071&postcount=47)

10-22-2007, 10:48 PM

We need a money bomb for December 16th too. Boston Tea Party Day

10-22-2007, 11:13 PM
Poll: December Moneybomb? (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=305067&postcount=1)

10-23-2007, 12:37 AM

Boston Tea Party all the way! This is a revolution!:D:D:D

10-24-2007, 10:57 AM

I think we should be in the planning stages for the Boston Tea Party money bomb for December. The sooner the word gets out on it the better.

While I'm not sure if the 5th of November is going to get 100,000 people to commit, it is showing to be a huge success. We can learn from this experience, and what I got from it is to project this idea well in advance so it can reach as many people as possible.

What are your opinions??

10-24-2007, 11:26 AM
TeaParty07.com - Dec 16th Money Bomb - Ron Paul Tea Party (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=28407)

Status of TeaParty07.com:

www.TeaParty07.com is live!

-----
Youtube Videos for TeaParty07

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=34830

-----
Graphics for TeaParty07

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=34871

-----
T-shirts for TeaParty07

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=34010

-----
Here is the wiki about this historic day:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boston_Tea_Party

-----
History of TeaParty07.com

Coming Soon...

Just go ahead and read through this thread and the subform to get an idea...

11-06-2007, 05:30 PM

WE NEED A RALLY ON DEC 16th IN BOSTON!!!!

YouTube - Ron Paul Tea Party 07 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oG_OwTthS-E&feature=fvw)

YouTube - Austin Tea Party / Ron Paul rally 12-16-2007 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvGS12EoZUE)

And the rest is history....