PDA

View Full Version : American Conseravtive's Piece on BJ Lawson

bobbyw24
09-11-2010, 04:26 PM
Behind Enemy Lines

The strength of a political party is not how many seats in the House or Senate, state or federal level, you can capture in districts and states favorable to your point of view. Itís how many of the other partyís seats you can capture in states and districts favorable to them. Republicans could find a group of trained seals and run them for Congress in districts President Obama is particularly unpopular in and have a good chance of winning them (Yellow Dog Democrats anyone?)

But winning behind enemy lines shows how powerful a political party is. And in this context, perhaps a more important race for Ron Paul supporters and for the future of the Republican Party in general is not the U.S. Senate race in Kentucky Ė where Ronís son Rand is the GOP nominee and is either comfortably ahead or near dead even with his opponent Jack Conway, according to which poll you consult - itís a House race in North Carolina where polling shows Paul supporter B.J. Lawson in a dead heat with veteran Congressman David Price in a district more than tailored to favor the Democrats (thanks to the university community in the Durham, Raleigh, Chapel Hill Research Triangle).

Having pretty much exterminated its liberal/moderate wing, (something the Democrats did not to their moderate/conservative wing), itís difficult to foresee how Republicans could win in blue districts and states. Yes, Scott Brown won a Senate seat in Massachusetts , but you can probably only fool Tea Party members once and get away with it.

http://www.amconmag.com/blog/2010/09/11/behind-enemy-lines/

BuddyRey
09-11-2010, 05:58 PM
Bump!

GunnyFreedom
09-11-2010, 06:05 PM
I know this firsthand. I'm in a strong Democrat district, and for all appearances running away with it. Right now more than ever before in history, Democrats are longing to her something truly different. The same-old same-old Republican saw just doesn't cut it, but OUR platform, is opening eyes like I could never have imagined. It's like Democrats have never heard a Republican railing against corporatist corruption and how actually obeying the Constitution can stop it. :D

ItsTime
09-11-2010, 06:08 PM
I know this firsthand. I'm in a strong Democrat district, and for all appearances running away with it. Right now more than ever before in history, Democrats are longing to her something truly different. The same-old same-old Republican saw just doesn't cut it, but OUR platform, is opening eyes like I could never have imagined. It's like Democrats have never heard a Republican railing against corporatist corruption and how actually obeying the Constitution can stop it. :D

Man you are right on target tonight :D

Imperial
09-12-2010, 12:36 AM
This piece is dead-on. Thanks to BJ's hard work in the district, he has made all of this possible. I will admit, I was skeptical.

A personal story: last year, I used to post on DailyKos fairly often. Steve Singiser posts a great political wrapup every couple of days, and one of his posts summed up where former Republican challengers were looking for a rematch. In the comments, I pointed out BJ Lawson in NC-04 was coming back for a rematch against Price.

I was bombarded with comments that Price the district was too blue to be lost, Price was entrenched, and that in fact it was probably one of the strongest Democrat districts in America.

Well, I hope that is true today. If Lawson manages to take down David Price, it will get a ton of respect in Washingon DC.

One individual race means more than just the one individual outcome. Look at Ron Paul. Before he ran for President in 2008, nobody knew who he was. Candidates could have cared less for his endorsement, less than 1% of the GOP had heard of him, and libertarians working within the Republican Party had no real organizational capacity. Today, Ron Paul is polling between 5-15% depending on the state in the Republican Primary and has given a clear direction for libertarians stuck with the two-party system.

We can do the same with BJ Lawson. Donate to BJ [and Gunny!] on Constitution Day, September 17th!

Indy Vidual
09-12-2010, 07:47 PM
we can do the same with bj lawson. Donate to bj [and gunny!] on constitution day, september 17th!

+1776

Badger Paul
09-13-2010, 05:00 AM
Bump!

independence
09-15-2010, 10:20 PM
I'll be posting the link of American Conservatives above on Digg.com
If you area a member look for it and "digg it"
If you are not a member become one.
Icaucus has endorsed both Glen Bradley and BJ Lawson this year and Dr. Dan Eichenbaum as well.