PDA

View Full Version : Help me find a clip of Obama discussing terrorist motives behind 9/11

Free Moral Agent
09-11-2010, 02:04 AM
In commemoration of 9/11, I am stitching together an already well made YouTube video and making it more pertinent...

What I want to do is a clip of Obama alluding to the motives behind the terrorist attack. Anything close to Obama reasoning that "they attacked us because of our freedoms" would be golden! Thanks!

Indy Vidual
09-11-2010, 02:26 AM
Help me find a clip of Obama discussing terrorist motives behind 9/11.

Obama discussing terrorist motives behind 9/11: This thread is already the #1 result on Google. Has O ever discussed terrorist motives?

Free Moral Agent
09-11-2010, 02:31 AM
Maybe he hasn't addressed motives specifically, but I know I've heard him make a remark along the same lines Bush has. I just can't find it!

Indy Vidual
09-11-2010, 02:44 AM
Obama reasoning that "they attacked us because of our freedoms"...

You're #1 on Google for this too.
Maybe, someone else can find it soon...

BlackTerrel
09-11-2010, 04:00 AM
What have been the terrorist attacks that happened during Obama's tenure?

1. Ft. Hood
2. Another one I'm blanking out on or is that it???

Regarding #1 . A quick Google search revealed this:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/nov/06/fort-hood-shootings

Barack Obama today joined calls from across America for calm amid fears of a backlash in the wake of the shooting spree by a Muslim soldier at the Fort Hood that left 13 dead and 28 wounded.

Obama, speaking in the White House Rose Garden after being briefed by the FBI, sought to dampen tensions, as did politicians from both the Democratic and Republican parties, the military, Muslim associations and the family of the alleged shooter, Major Nadil Malik Hasan.

"I would caution against jumping to conclusions until we get all the facts," Obama said.

What should he have said regarding the motivation?

Bruno
09-11-2010, 06:15 AM
What have been the terrorist attacks that happened during Obama's tenure?

1. Ft. Hood
2. Another one I'm blanking out on or is that it???

Regarding #1 . A quick Google search revealed this:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2009/nov/06/fort-hood-shootings

What should he have said regarding the motivation?

Times Square Bomb

BlackTerrel
09-11-2010, 11:55 AM
Thanks Bruno.

Here he is talking about that. But he does not discuss motivation:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20004081-503544.html

President Obama said Tuesday that Americans "will not cower in fear" in response to the attempted terror attack in Times Square, calling the incident "another sobering reminder of the times in which we live."

"We know the aim of those who try to carry out these attacks is to force us to live in fear," he said. "And thereby amplifying the effect of their attacks, even those that fail. But as Americans, and as a nation, we will not be terrorized. We will not cower in fear, we will not be intimidated. We will be vigilant, we will work together, and we will protect and defend the country we love to ensure a safe and prosperous future for our people."

Mr. Obama, at the start of remarks to the Business Council, said Americans "can be assured that the FBI and their partners in this process have all the tools and experience they need to learn everything we can."

"That includes what if any connection this individual has to terrorist groups," he said. "And it includes collecting critical intelligence as we work to disrupt any future attacks."

The president said the suspect in the case, Faisal Shahzad, is now being questioned and vowed that "justice will be done." He said his national security team "will continue to do everything in our power to protect the American people."

"Around the world and here at home, there are those who would attack our citizens and who would slaughter innocent men, women and children in pursuit of their murderous agenda," he said. "They will stop at nothing to kill and disrupt our way of life, but once again an attempted attack has been - [it has] failed."

Free Moral Agent
09-11-2010, 12:24 PM
You're #1 on Google for this too.
Maybe, someone else can find it soon...

How sad that someone on a thread in an internet forum two years after Obama's election gets such a result..

"They will stop at nothing to kill and disrupt our way of life, but once again an attempted attack has been - [it has] failed."

Thanks for the finds. From the statements above, so far that has been the closest.

Free Moral Agent
09-11-2010, 02:05 PM
Ok, video is up!

YouTube - Rudy, Obama vs. Ron Paul, David Cross on terrorist motivations (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6smIvuEFdM)