PDA

View Full Version : Chris Christie for VP?

Libertydad88
09-10-2010, 06:04 PM
There are several things that I seriously don't like about this guy, but you have to admit that he is an above average politician and I've never encountered a single republican(in real life, not this forum) that wasn't absolutely in love with him. I know that some of you want an RP clone as VP, but I honestly believe that Christie could deliver the primary for us.

Any thoughts? Pros/Cons? I'm new here so take it easy on me...

/hides

specsaregood
09-10-2010, 06:09 PM
There is a lot to like, but also a lot to really NOT like.

t0rnado
09-10-2010, 06:15 PM
Christie supports the PATRIOT Act, gun control, authorized warrantless wiretaps as US Attorney, etc.

Libertydad88
09-10-2010, 06:23 PM
Christie supports the PATRIOT Act, gun control, authorized warrantless wiretaps as US Attorney, etc.

Perhaps Ron could change his mind :confused:

Those things are upsetting, and are the reasons why I DON'T like him... but so far(to me, anyways) he seems like the best balance between getting the republican nomination and not being Sarah Palin...

Matt Collins
09-10-2010, 06:32 PM
Read what the American Conservative Magazine says about him:
http://amconmag.com/article/2010/aug/01/00013/

erowe1
09-10-2010, 06:45 PM

Those things are upsetting, and are the reasons why I DON'T like him... but so far(to me, anyways) he seems like the best balance between getting the republican nomination and not being Sarah Palin...

Running mates don't get chosen until after the nominee has won. They aren't there to help you win the primary.

erowe1
09-10-2010, 06:47 PM

Isn't he also for Cap and Trade?

He may have chutzpa, but policy-wise is he really any better than most other Republicans?

Libertydad88
09-10-2010, 07:16 PM
Isn't he also for Cap and Trade?

He may have chutzpa, but policy-wise is he really any better than most other Republicans?

I failed at finding anything official about his policies, just what I have learned here. If anyone knows where I could study up on him, that would help me out quite a bit.

Also, I believe I recall someone saying that a VP could still be mentioned prior to the primary, but that he couldn't officially campaign until after. It was in a Napolitano VP thread, but if that's not true than this thread is useless.

erowe1
09-10-2010, 08:08 PM
I failed at finding anything official about his policies, just what I have learned here. If anyone knows where I could study up on him, that would help me out quite a bit.

Also, I believe I recall someone saying that a VP could still be mentioned prior to the primary, but that he couldn't officially campaign until after. It was in a Napolitano VP thread, but if that's not true than this thread is useless.

Yeah, a VP could be chosen any time, and he could campaign for RP during the primary too. But even if you think Christie would be a boon to the Paul campaign, that's not going to happen. Christie would have no incentive to ruin his own future in the GOP by campaigning for Ron Paul just for the promise of being his running mate in the 1 in a million chance that RP wins the nomination. Christie will either hitch his wagon to one of the front runners, or else he'll wait until the nomination has been decided before he endorses anyone, so that he can make sure he's in the good graces of whomever wins.

t0rnado
09-10-2010, 10:57 PM

Considering that Christie is friends with Andrew Napolitano, there is a chance Christie could be swayed toward libertarianism, but I highly doubt that happening.

paulitics
09-13-2010, 05:48 AM
I think you have to read between the lines a little bit with Christie. The guy ran as a moderate, but so far is governing like a conservative. 99% of the time, the situation is reversed. But this is NJ, and NJ is one of the most liberal states there is. He is also going after corruption where government employees can have several taxpaying "jobs", that are more like welfare checks to them.

If you listen to what he really says, you can get an idea of how he thinks. When he says stuff like the feds can print money out of thin air, but NJ can't, then you know he has some libertarian in his veins.

I'm also not going to buy everything the media says about him with regards to civil liberties. Yes I have some concerns, but I'm going to have to research it some more.

Gaius1981
09-17-2010, 07:27 AM
Chris Christie doesn't want to be nr. 2 to anybody. It's not in his character. :)

james1906
09-17-2010, 06:05 PM
Christie's good at the state level, but not at the federal level.

sofia
09-17-2010, 08:44 PM
christie is a lying sack of fat shit...

he has not cut a single state job, nor has he cut the a single state worker salary...

school lunch program ($5000 per student).....no cuts

bilingual education ($5000 per strudent)....no cuts

massive welfare schemes and bloated state buracrracies....no cuts

Christie is even allowing a regional cap n trade scheme to go forward.

The state budget is still severly in the red.

All this jerkoff did was talk big and deliberately pick a public fight with the teacher's union over chump change

....and now everyone thinks he's a fiscally conservative hero.

charisma and tough talk mean NOTHING...Christie's policies are status quo

libertybrewcity
09-17-2010, 11:33 PM
I think that he would probably be the best choice for VP. He could draw voters from New England states. It would be a perfect balance with the Ron's south.

libertybrewcity
09-17-2010, 11:34 PM
although, Ron might have to make a deal during the convention and I would support that in order to win.