PDA

View Full Version : Jay Leno - Hoax?

davidkachel
10-17-2007, 11:36 AM
Someone at the campaign needs to say SOMETHING about the Jay Leno announcement yesterday. You can't just ignore us and leave us all wondering.

Was the server hacked?
Was it a hoax?
Was it a premature announcement?
Was it something you can't talk about?

At least acknowledge the fact the event was on the web page for an hour or so!

A simple, "Gee, we're sorry, it was there but we can't say anything about that right now" would suffice, but silence is too reminiscent of the politicos we're trying to get rid of!

American
10-17-2007, 11:38 AM
Uh what announcement?

What did I miss.....=\

transistor
hacked? lol

chill out, it's most likely a scheduling conflict

kylejack
They may have agreed not to publish the date and to let Jay announce it first. This may be because Jay's schedule is never set in stone until the week before airing, or something like that. Let's just put a little trust in them.

davidkachel
10-17-2007, 11:42 AM
They may have agreed not to publish the date and to let Jay announce it first. This may be because Jay's schedule is never set in stone until the week before airing, or something like that. Let's just put a little trust in them.

That's speculation. I didn't ask for speculation. I can do that myself. The campaign put up an announcement and then took it down. That's fine, but we need an explanation. "We should trust them" is how this country got into this mess it's in in the first place.

I trust RP, not anybody else, not ever again.

m72mc
10-17-2007, 11:43 AM
it was on rons official site yesterday. now it seems they have added more events and possibly they have no room for it now on the site.

kylejack
10-17-2007, 11:44 AM
That's speculation. I didn't ask for speculation. I can do that myself. The campaign put up an announcement and then took it down. That's fine, but we need an explanation. "We should trust them" is how this country got into this mess it's in in the first place.

I trust RP, not anybody else, not ever again.
How can they give us an explanation if the above is true? Obviously they can't. If you really want an answer, pick up the phone and dial, because starting a thread in hopes that someone from the campaign comes by and sees it is pretty ridiculous.

ronpaulnation
10-17-2007, 11:45 AM
Please Digg it

http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Ro..._Momentum/blog

From our Friend eLIB3RTY
Ron Paul is Confirmed to be on - Tonight Show - 10/30

Breaking news, big scoop. Ron Paul will be a guest on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno on Friday, October 30, 2007. Mark your calendars, spread the word, and tune in. The momentum builds by the day…

Youtube is here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Y9nX7xHmNA

p.s. yes it's for real

davidkachel
10-17-2007, 11:45 AM
it was on rons official site yesterday. now it seems they have added more events and possibly they have no room for it now.

Guys, please stop wasting bandwidth with speculation. I DID NOT ASK FOR SPECULATION.

There was plenty of that in the original thread yesterday. Maybe little green men who smelled like cheese took it down. Maybe George Bush took it down. Not interested. I asked to hear from the campaign.

kylejack
10-17-2007, 11:46 AM
Guys, please stop wasting bandwidth with speculation. I DID NOT ASK FOR SPECULATION.

There was plenty of that in the original thread yesterday. Maybe little green men who smelled like cheese took it down. Maybe George Bush took it down. Not interested. I asked to hear from the campaign.
THEN PICK UP THE PHONE AND DIAL. They rarely post in the forums.

ronpaulnation
10-17-2007, 11:46 AM

They are making the schedule public next week. Our inside sources
confirm it's a done deal, call the studio if you want. :D

JoshLowry
10-17-2007, 11:48 AM

I asked to hear from the campaign.

The campaign rarely posts here. Just grassroots people here that are moderating.

davidkachel
10-17-2007, 11:49 AM
p.s. yes it's for real

That's not any kind of confirmation at all. That's just a video some guy made out of enthusiasm.

And I did not ask for a confirmation anyway. I only asked for an explanation from the campaign.

kylejack
10-17-2007, 11:50 AM
That's not any kind of confirmation at all. That's just a video some guy made out of enthusiasm.

And I did not ask for a confirmation anyway. I only asked for an explanation from the campaign.

No, you didn't ask for an explanation from the campaign, because you haven't even contacted the campaign.

m72mc
10-17-2007, 11:51 AM

you think the official campaign comes here to a random topic and answer your question.

call leno or ron and ask.

in the meantime assume its on since they announced it and have not retracted it.

LibertyEagle
10-17-2007, 11:55 AM
We will know soon enough. Let's not bother the campaign with this. They are already swamped. C'mon. We get upset because they don't respond to us on what we think are really important things. Maybe it's because we keep bogging them down with things like this.

davidkachel
10-17-2007, 11:58 AM
No, you didn't ask for an explanation from the campaign, because you haven't even contacted the campaign.

True. I was reluctant to call, assuming a lot of others are probably calling with the same question and presumed it likely someone here would have a direct connection or would have already called.

davidkachel
10-17-2007, 12:00 PM
in the meantime assume its on since they announced it and have not retracted it.

I think removing it certainly amounts to a retraction, don't you?

Jared Callanan
10-17-2007, 12:03 PM

Yeah, lets stop wasting bandwith with speculation to this guys silly thread, makes a lot of sense.. Oh by the way David, the douche bag store called, they are all out of you.

davidkachel
10-17-2007, 12:10 PM
Jared,

I don't recall insulting you or anyone else. Is that how you deal with posts you don't like or understand? You simply insult people? If that is the case I think RP could probably do without people like you.

Wendi
10-17-2007, 12:12 PM
You do understand that the campaign doesn't own this forum and rarely (if ever?) posts here directly, right? I mean, it's pretty obvious IMHO, but I know sometimes people see things differently... :rolleyes:

Jared Callanan
10-17-2007, 12:13 PM
Ron Paul Did Not Ask For Your Opinion On Who Should Support Him!

davidkachel
10-17-2007, 12:17 PM
You do understand that the campaign doesn't own this forum and rarely (if ever?) posts here directly, right? I mean, it's pretty obvious IMHO, but I know sometimes people see things differently... :rolleyes:

I do understand that. I would have thought that something of this import might have caused such a post, but perhaps not.

I was reluctant to call the campaign directly, but since so many here seemed to think that was the thing to do, I did.

The initial response was, "I don't know anything about it." They are going to look into it further and perhaps post something. It is a bit surprising that something of this import would occur and no one would know anything about it. Makes me wonder if perhaps the server was hacked.

davidkachel
10-17-2007, 12:18 PM
Ron Paul Did Not Ask For Your Opinion On Who Should Support Him!

You should seek professional help.

tekkierich
10-17-2007, 12:26 PM
I really want to add to the statements express by other posters asking folks not to burden HQ.

I am about 50 miles north of HQ and have spent a few days volunteering down there. The last day I was there a few weeks ago the phone was constantly ringing, and they even asked me to answer it for a while. Primarily I spent my time answering the e-mail that I could. There was a queue 3 weeks long with 2 - 4 people consistently working on it. Some hours it was coming in faster than we were answering.

The campaign needs to keep it self focused on activities that will bring Ron Paul primary votes. An activity that does not drive towards this goal is keeping hard core supporters up to date with their TV watching schedule two weeks into the future.

Look, vote for Ron Paul, convince others to vote for Ron Paul. With every action you take please think "how is this helping to get votes for Ron Paul?"

Ron Paul is a Rock Star to all of us. Remember he is primarily a politician that we support and want to obtain votes for. Help his staff focus their time on our common goal. If there is a real concern, by all means contact the campaign.
Whether Paul will be on Leno in two weeks is not a valid reason to call for 99% of us here.