PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul has them where he wants them...

Erazmus
06-08-2007, 12:25 PM
Ron is unique because he is promoting the true values of the American public, and is speaking for the public. The other fear-mongering neo-cons are all spewing the same garble. At the outset the other candidates are firm. They all talk about terror, bombs, preemptive war, nuclear war not taken off the table, national ID cards, human databases, maintaining stay the course in Iraq…et cetera. Ron is the ONLY one with a different message, a message of the people. He stands out.

Now, I’ve been hearing lately that people think Rudy and some other candidates are trying to imitate Ron in one way or another. If they start changing their stance or political view, he’s got them. Flip floppers. We saw how powerful this little attack can be when it was used against Kerry. All the other candidates have been so firm on their neo-con stances that if they change their view. Ron Paul has them!

:D

SeanEdwards
06-08-2007, 12:46 PM
They are going to start trying to scare people away from Paul, just watch. It will be "gold standard is crazy!" and "he wants to end social security and medicare!", and of course the tried and true "he won't protect you from the terrists!"

They can't chase him for the very reason you laid out, their own lack of a clue would then be revealed to even the most clueless, so it will be fear, fear, and some more fear.

Bob Cochran
06-08-2007, 01:21 PM
On a bit of a tangent, I believe Ron Paul knows we can't go back to a gold standard any time soon. Lots of people who hold gold would like that, because it would mean gold would be worth some enormous dollar amount per ounce (there is a staggering number of dollars that have been "created", but a very limited amount of gold, which can't be created out of thin air), but this is something that can't practically be done.

In fact, I'm sure Dr. Paul is sophisticated enough to understand that the Federal Reserve, the US Treasury, the Plunge Protection Team, along with Goldman Sachs and the other complicit "money houses", will have to continue their various manipulations of the financial markets, to keep our economy from falling apart.

A huge house of cards has been constructed, and all kinds of shady things are done every day to keep it propped up. I think Dr. Paul is a practical man, and knows our Keynesian Frankenstein's Monster cannot be transformed into a pure Austrian system overnight.

Erazmus
06-08-2007, 01:32 PM
I agree, however there has been much mentioned of a silver standard. It would make money that's still backed by something, and more difficult to monopolize.

Bottom line though, the fiat system isn’t good and the country needs to adopt a better way. I don’t know which one, but something.

SeanEdwards
06-08-2007, 01:32 PM
On a bit of a tangent, I believe Ron Paul knows we can't go back to a gold standard any time soon. Lots of people who hold gold would like that, because it would mean gold would be worth some enormous dollar amount per ounce (there is a staggering number of dollars that have been "created", but a very limited amount of gold, which can't be created out of thin air), but this is something that can't practically be done.

In fact, I'm sure Dr. Paul is sophisticated enough to understand that the Plunge Protection Team, along with Goldman Sachs and the other complicit "money houses" will have to continue their various manipulations of the financial markets, to keep our economy from falling apart.

A huge house of cards has been constructed, and all kinds of shady things are done every day to keep it propped up. I think Dr. Paul is a practical man, and knows our Keynesian Frankenstein's Monster cannot be transformed into a pure Austrian system overnight.

Of course you are right, and Paul himself has repeatedly stated his cognizance of the existing system and the need for a pragmatic approach to any monetary policy reform.

Unfortunately, the truth is irrelevant to the architects of FUD (fear, uncertainty, doubt) campaigns. They will just start spewing disinformation in all directions, and keep repeating the lies as loudly and as often as possible.

I hope that Paul's message can cut throught the lies, but I'm a little worried that we haven't seen anything yet. Once the opposition decides they can no longer ignore Paul, it's going to get very ugly.

Bison
06-08-2007, 01:35 PM
Congressman Paul has said recently that he would not return to a gold standard, but rather he would make gold and silver legal tender along side the dollar and let the market would work out the rest. Thats my paraphrase of what he said as I can't remember what clip I heard it on.

angrydragon
06-08-2007, 01:38 PM
Ron says he wouldn't go back on the gold standard, but allow gold and silver to be legal tender. After that, we could look at the gold standard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BR8kW5X5_VM

Bison
06-08-2007, 01:41 PM
Thats where I saw it. Thanks

Bob Cochran
06-08-2007, 01:54 PM
Once the opposition decides they can no longer ignore Paul, it's going to get very ugly.
Probably. But those who will oppose would be very foolish if they do not consider how badly their efforts against him could backfire.

Original_Intent
06-08-2007, 01:57 PM
That is good news. Returning to the gold standard I have thought would be a bad idea because the European bankers already have most if not all of the gold that was confiscated from the American people. Going straight to the gold standard would only increase their power.

Bob Cochran
06-08-2007, 02:00 PM
Congressman Paul has said recently that he would not return to a gold standard, but rather he would make gold and silver legal tender along side the dollar and let the market would work out the rest. Thats my paraphrase of what he said as I can't remember what clip I heard it on.
Wait a minute -- gold and silver already ARE legal tender, in many forms. The United States Mint makes gold and silver coins that are legal tender.

Thing is, lots of those are worth far more than their face value.

Now, if there were a 1/10 oz gold coin that had could buy me $65 worth of stuff at Walmart today, that'd be about right...but I'd be much more like to keep the coin. :D

SeanEdwards
06-08-2007, 03:05 PM
Probably. But those who will oppose would be very foolish if they do not consider how badly their efforts against him could backfire.

Doesn't work like that. Just look at the drivel that the commies at DailyKos are spewing. They are not running for office. Nothing is going to backfire on them.

Then the lies and distortions will get echoed by other assclowns, then the "media" will report on the controversy, and so it goes.

dude58677
06-08-2007, 05:36 PM
Then the lies and distortions will get echoed by other assclowns, then the "media" will report on the controversy, and so it goes.

The blowback fired on the Neocons.

joenaab
06-08-2007, 05:49 PM
I expect the attacks to grow in volume, frequency and irrationality. It will push his name out there and guarantee that everyone will take a look at him. Those who are not so deeply under the spell of decades of mind control will see through it. Further, when the streets, parks, yards, windows, cars and all are covered with Ron Paul signs all summer and fall, and the truly passionate and informed RP advocates are out there speaking the truth, I think the attacks will have proven to our advantage.

I would add that a single issue, if felt for strongly enough, can move a voter to choose a candidate in spite of their differences on other issues. If, by election day, 80% of Americans are demanding an end to the war, they will vote for RP.

We don't need 100% of the vote, we need 51%.