PDA

View Full Version : TN Pastor To Set Koran On Fire Too

Matt Collins
09-09-2010, 12:16 PM
http://www.tennessean.com/article/20100909/NEWS01/9090347/Springfield+minister+plans+to+burn+copy+of+Quran++ too

Vessol
09-09-2010, 12:21 PM
I've come up with the solution to this!

http://media.southparkstudios.com/media/images/1004/1004_truck_stop_heads_in_sand.jpg

Anyways

I posted this in a similar thread, but for the sake of freedom I support them whole heartily. Pressure of "that might cause danger!" stopping people from doing anything is retarded. For example, I was really pissed off when South Park wasn't allowed to air the image of Mohammad.

I think in a hidden way all these people making such a big fuss against it are admitting that a lot of Muslims are fucking crazy.

What I mean is, if you burn a bible some people may be upset but it really isn't that big of a deal. By burning a Qu'ran you're gonna get death threats and all sorts of crazy ass shit just like in the Netherlands. I'm not really a fan of political correctness.

So really, I think that Hilary Clinton and all these other people making such a big fuss over this fucking thing really are just insulting Muslims in a hidden way rather than an open way of burning the Qu'ran.

erowe1
09-09-2010, 12:21 PM
I have to admit, it's getting more and more tempting to join them. The thought never would have crossed my mind before. But now that so many people are falling over one another to say how terrible it is, I can't help wanting to thumb my nose at them. It's kind of like draw Mohammed day.

JK/SEA
09-09-2010, 12:27 PM
I have to admit, it's getting more and more tempting to join them. The thought never would have crossed my mind before. But now that so many people are falling over one another to say how terrible it is, I can't help wanting to thumb my nose at them. It's kind of like draw Mohammed day.

Gotta agree. Its like this debate over flag burning and passing a law over it. The day that happens (if) is the day i burn mine....

TC95
09-09-2010, 01:39 PM
I posted this in a similar thread, but for the sake of freedom I support them whole heartily. Pressure of "that might cause danger!" stopping people from doing anything is retarded.

I don't think it's that retarded to not do something because it might cause danger. I choose not to touch a hot stove because it hurts. Sure, I have the freedom to do it, but it's stupid. Burning the Koran might cause blowback here. If Koran burners think that's worth it then...whatever. :rolleyes:

wizardwatson
09-09-2010, 02:09 PM

As I said in another thread, isn't this the whole point of reporting it 24/7?

It's as if the MSM wants people to know about these sacred cows right now and they want more Jones' not less.

There are plenty of brain dead attention whores out there who are probably still about 12 hours away from that light bulb turning on that tells them, "wait, if I want to be popular all I have to do is insult Islam with a cartoon or a video-taped book burning!?"

Yep, and its even better than saying the N-Word, because you probably won't ever even see a radical muslim.

Obama is wrong I think. This isn't an "Al Qaeda recruitment bonanza", this is a "two-sided hate rapture" they are fomenting.

sailingaway
09-09-2010, 02:10 PM
Oh, come on! It was a really stupid idea, the first time! Not to mention rude.

wizardwatson
09-09-2010, 02:17 PM
I'm curious, does anyone listen to Alex Jones and know whether he's talked about this psy-op? It seems like he would have identified this as such right away. Anyone know his opinion, as the only article I see on his site has to do with Celente calling out Petraeus as a hypocrite.

Just seems AJ would be all over the "this is a staged psy-op" angle. I would think it odd actually if that wasn't his opinion.

Maximus
09-09-2010, 02:20 PM
Personally I wouldn't mind so much if the Pastor lit himself on fire as he burned the Quran

Romulus
09-09-2010, 02:21 PM
I'm curious, does anyone listen to Alex Jones and know whether he's talked about this psy-op? It seems like he would have identified this as such right away. Anyone know his opinion, as the only article I see on his site has to do with Celente calling out Petraeus as a hypocrite.

Just seems AJ would be all over the "this is a staged psy-op" angle. I would think it odd actually if that wasn't his opinion.

He has not been on lately and has not mentioned it that I've heard. My guess is that he treats it like another distraction to keep us infighting. Divide and conquer. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if it was a Neocon stunt. Gotta perpetuate some war, you know.

oyarde
09-09-2010, 02:28 PM
Personally I wouldn't mind so much if the Pastor lit himself on fire as he burned the Quran

That would be a little more media worthy .

BlackTerrel
09-09-2010, 02:53 PM
"If they want to have their religion, they can have it somewhere else," said Old, former pastor of First Baptist Church in Joelton and Academy Heights Baptist Church in Gallatin, which merged with another church. He no longer has a congregation and instead runs an evangelical ministry called Disciples of Christ...

...Old plans to set fire to a Quran on Saturday at his home and then post a video of the burning book online.

1. He doesn't have a Church or congregation. He's just one crazy old man.

2. He's going to burn a Koran in his own home and post it on YouTube.

Cue scary music.... OMG the world is ending!!! No no what should we do????

Conservative Christian leaders condemned a Florida pastor who plans to burn 200 copies of the Quran on Sept. 11, saying Wednesday that Christians don't burn other religions' holy books.

It's as simple as the "separation of church and hate," said the Rev. Rick Warren, a California megachurch pastor who prayed at President Obama's inauguration.

The National Association of Evangelicals, the Pontifical Council for Interreligious Dialogue and Southern Baptist leaders all issued similar statements leading up to Saturday's anniversary of the worst terrorist attack in American history...

I am pretty sure more Christian leaders have condemned this one random old dude burning a Koran in his home than Muslim leaders have condemned the Ft. Hood massacre.

Can we please keep things in perspective please?