PDA

View Full Version : Time Machine to 1913

Elwar
09-09-2010, 10:45 AM
I watched the highly educational and intellectually stimulating movie "Hot Tub Time Machine" last night and started thinking...

What would you do if you had a time machine and went back to 1913?

As a regular person on the street, outside of committing a crime (murder) or being seen as crazy telling people that you are from the future...what would you do knowing what you know now?

Seraphim
09-09-2010, 10:48 AM
I watched the highly educational and intellectually stimulating movie "Hot Tub Time Machine" last night and started thinking...

As a regular person on the street, outside of committing a crime (murder) or being seen as crazy telling people that you are from the future...what would you do knowing what you know now?

I would spend all my time telling people WATCH WHAT CONGRESS DOES DURING CHRISTMAS WHEN YOU ARE "NOT LOOKING". AND THEN, READ UP ON ANDREW JACKSON AND TELL ME IF YOU SUPPORT WHAT CONGRESS HAS DONE- PREPARE TO REPEAL THE FEDERAL RESERVE ACT.

pcosmar
09-09-2010, 10:55 AM
There would be a few suspicious train wrecks.
I would also likely buy a good rifle.
;)

Liberty4life
09-09-2010, 11:28 AM
If you were to go back to 1913 it would be an alternate dimension.

The universe will not allow a paradox to exist.

Start an island country, use all your knowledge to get an edge on everyone else.

BlackTerrel
09-09-2010, 11:30 AM
Hmmmmm somehow I don't think I would enjoy 1913 US very much.

I think some of the "back in the day every thing was perfect" posters forget that.

BlackTerrel
09-09-2010, 11:33 AM

Bruno
09-09-2010, 11:34 AM
Was that really a good movie, Elwar?

Seraphim
09-09-2010, 11:35 AM

I think some of the "back in the day every thing was perfect" posters forget that.

DRINK OUT OF THE BLACK PEOPLE'S WATER FOUNTAIN NEEEEEEEEEGROOOOOOO

:rolleyes:;)

jclay2
09-09-2010, 11:47 AM
i would definitely plot an attack against the Jekyll Island bunch. :)

Acala
09-09-2010, 11:56 AM

Oops. I guess not everyone's liberty peaked before 1913. Thanks for the gentle reminder.

lucius
09-09-2010, 12:12 PM

I think with the horrendous implications involved with this malefic aspect of 4th generation warfare being wage/perpetrated against my ancestors, my family and my descendants--murder would be very appropriate retaliation/solution. If it was a one-way trip...

Allow me to designate these "hypothetical' high value targets in no particular order:

1) Colonel Edward Mandell House
2) Samuel Untermeyer
3) Bernard Baruch
4) Lord Rothschild
5) Lord Balfour
6) Woodrow Wilson
7) Felix Frankfurter
8) Teddy Roosevelt
9) Cyrus Ingerson Scofield
10) Prescott Sheldon Bush
11) Marvin Pierce
12) Samuel Prescott Bush
13) George Herbert Walker
14) Scott Pierce
15) Marvin Pierce
16) James Edgar Robinson
17) All Rockefeller's
18) All Duponts
19) Nelson Aldrich

...just a start...I will add later...what a happy thought...I could pass the whole day in this endeavor... :)

Vessol
09-09-2010, 12:39 PM

Expanding on this. I couldn't agree more. One of the biggest things I have against Paleocons is that they idolize the past.

There are things to learn from the past that were done right, but there are also things to learn from the past that were done wrong.

fisharmor
09-09-2010, 12:41 PM
Pfffff.
Nikola Tesla was still alive in 1913.
I'd print out a copy of This page (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/P-n_junction_isolation) and bring it back and show it to him.
Then people would be having this conversation somewhere around 1965, which is before Breton-Woods broke down.

Elwar
09-09-2010, 01:58 PM
Was that really a good movie, Elwar?

Ehh...not really. John Cusack isn't really made for comedy. He's better off doing scenes in the rain.

YouTube - John Cusack in the Rain (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6d4XOWvmJc)

Elwar
09-09-2010, 02:02 PM
The reason I ask is...

We're in 1913 right now...what will you do?

KCIndy
09-09-2010, 05:14 PM
The reason I ask is...

We're in 1913 right now...what will you do?

I would suggest that we are in a better position to UNDO most of 1913 than we have ever been SINCE 1913.

With the sad exception that we can't "undo" Woodrow Wilson. :(

ravedown
09-09-2010, 05:30 PM
invent Louggle