PDA

View Full Version : Palin's daughter made 14k tonight speaking. What if Obama's...

BamaFanNKy
09-08-2010, 11:03 PM
daughter get knocked up at 17 or 18 and then go do the same speaking tour? Would they get a pass like Bristol?

http://freemaninky.blogspot.com/2010/09/paying-14000-to-teen-mom-to-speak.html

Bruno
09-08-2010, 11:13 PM
daughter get knocked up at 17 or 18 and then go do the same speaking tour? Would they get a pass like Bristol?

http://freemaninky.blogspot.com/2010/09/paying-14000-to-teen-mom-to-speak.html

How do you figure she is getting a pass? She is constantly hounded and mocked by the media.

BamaFanNKy
09-08-2010, 11:14 PM
How do you figure she is getting a pass? She is constantly hounded and mocked in the media.

Not for profiting off her getting knocked up and hypocrisy of abstinence speaking. I listen to enough talk radio.... who on the conservative side hounds her?

silus
09-09-2010, 12:18 AM
I'd like to hear her speech, just so I can see how she side steps the obvious accusations of hypocrisy she might face.

rich34
09-09-2010, 06:48 AM
Bamafan you're right and I agree totally with everything you said. Just seems to be the way it goes. The same people that would bash Obama's daughter for getting pregnant would be the same ones that somehow bash Dr. Ron Paul for whatever reasons they could come up with, regardless of how principled he is.

specsaregood
09-09-2010, 07:37 AM
Not for profiting off her getting knocked up and hypocrisy of abstinence speaking.

Who knows better about the advantages of abstinence than a teen mother?
It isn't hypocrisy. They regularly get drug addicts to speak to teens about the importance of not doing drugs. Is that hypocrisy as well?

MelissaWV
09-09-2010, 07:56 AM
It isn't hypocrisy. They regularly get drug addicts to speak to teens about the importance of not doing drugs. Is that hypocrisy as well?

In all fairness, she's hardly having the typical teen mom experience, y'know :p She has a rich and famous mommy who can help (or hire people to help) with anything that might pop up.

The OP would do well to note that, though Palin was a VP candidate, she was never elected... and she is definitely not the actual President. There'd be a difference in that sense. I generally don't give a crap about the President's family (or any politician's family), though. That stuff is 99.9999% of the time associated with social policies and not anything of import. I could see caring if, let's say, Obama's daughters were implicated as spies or something.

I do understand the hypocrisy discussed, but isn't that much the same as how Democrats often criticize things like vacations or lavish spending, yet haven't piped up with the same vigor during this administration?

It's politics, and politics is entirely mired in hypocrisy these days. Don't you know it's always the other side's fault?

robert68
09-09-2010, 09:04 AM

Do they pocket $14,000 in one night for doing it?

specsaregood
09-09-2010, 09:06 AM

Dunno, does that matter? I don't see how that has anything to do with the charge of hypocrisy.

lucius
09-09-2010, 09:14 AM
F*ck this waste of humanity...

Bruno
09-09-2010, 09:19 AM
F*ck this waste of humanity...

Levi already did

Dreamofunity
09-09-2010, 09:41 AM
Levi already did

I loled.

erowe1
09-09-2010, 10:12 AM
Something tells me that if Obama's daughters get knocked up, we're not ever going to find out about it, since he'll make sure they don't get punished with a baby.
http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0308/Stop_these_abortions_.html

lucius
09-10-2010, 02:01 AM
Levi already did

that was very funny... :D

http://a.abcnews.com/images/Entertainment/nm_levi_bristol_100803_mn.jpg

Bristol Palin Breaks Up With Levi Johnston: 'I Got Played': http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/bristol-palin-breaks-levi-johnston-played/story?id=11316211

oyarde
09-10-2010, 03:42 PM
In all fairness, she's hardly having the typical teen mom experience, y'know :p She has a rich and famous mommy who can help (or hire people to help) with anything that might pop up.

The OP would do well to note that, though Palin was a VP candidate, she was never elected... and she is definitely not the actual President. There'd be a difference in that sense. I generally don't give a crap about the President's family (or any politician's family), though. That stuff is 99.9999% of the time associated with social policies and not anything of import. I could see caring if, let's say, Obama's daughters were implicated as spies or something.

I do understand the hypocrisy discussed, but isn't that much the same as how Democrats often criticize things like vacations or lavish spending, yet haven't piped up with the same vigor during this administration?

It's politics, and politics is entirely mired in hypocrisy these days. Don't you know it's always the other side's fault?

The daughters implicated as spies . LOL .

oyarde
09-10-2010, 03:43 PM
Levi already did

Could be someone else . He would never figure it out .

oyarde
09-10-2010, 03:44 PM
Something tells me that if Obama's daughters get knocked up, we're not ever going to find out about it, since he'll make sure they don't get punished with a baby.
http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0308/Stop_these_abortions_.html

Correct .

oyarde
09-10-2010, 03:46 PM

Lol , the addicts probably do it for free or as some weird probation agreement .

silus
09-11-2010, 01:39 PM
Let me make the distinction for you. Drug addicts, just like scared straight prison inmate speakers, typically talk about how their path destroyed their lives. They don't try to tell you how to live your life, they try to inform you on where you are going to end up, and bring you to the reality of your situation. That is not hypocrisy, that is just information. Now, telling someone to never have sex after you have already partaken in the pleasure is just ridiculous. The fact that she got pregnant has nothing to do with it. If anything she should be an advocate for birth control and male/female contraceptives. Her justification just seems to be "don't have sex because you will get pregnant."

Bottom line, she isn't talking about sustainable living practices, she is talking about religion.

specsaregood
09-11-2010, 02:39 PM
Bottom line, she isn't talking about sustainable living practices, she is talking about religion.

So bottom line, it isn't hypocrisy unless one can show that she is still actively engaging in premarital sexual relations -- although it may be stupid to pay attention to her.

JustinTime
09-11-2010, 03:37 PM
She'd be treated exactly the same as Palin's daughter, some would mock and complain about her and some would laud her for being a "survivor" and pay to hear her speak.

You and Tim Wise can pretend there is a double standard, but in reality there is none.

silus
09-11-2010, 07:42 PM
So bottom line, it isn't hypocrisy unless one can show that she is still actively engaging in premarital sexual relations -- although it may be stupid to pay attention to her.
No, its hypocrisy.

JustinTime
09-12-2010, 09:50 AM
No, its hypocrisy.

Dont be stupid. If you make a mistake once it doesnt mean you have to go on repeating it. Its just learning from your expiriences, which is exactly what most of the media would say if Obama's daughter found herself in a similar situation.

Its why parents tell children not to do the things they did when they were young, its why history is an important subject in school, its about learning from the past.

silus
09-16-2010, 11:47 AM
Dont be stupid. If you make a mistake once it doesnt mean you have to go on repeating it. Its just learning from your expiriences, which is exactly what most of the media would say if Obama's daughter found herself in a similar situation.

Its why parents tell children not to do the things they did when they were young, its why history is an important subject in school, its about learning from the past.
Her mistake was not using a condom or using birth control, yet she's talking about abstinence. Sounds more like religion than learning a life lesson.

fj45lvr
09-16-2010, 02:15 PM
What kind of rational adults pay 14k to hear this girl talk??

Now that is crazy!!

specsaregood
09-16-2010, 02:18 PM
Her mistake was not using a condom or using birth control, yet she's talking about abstinence. Sounds more like religion than learning a life lesson.

How do you know they didn't use a condom? If they did and it failed, then she would have reason and personal experience to promote abstinence, yes?

ChaosControl
09-16-2010, 02:21 PM
Who wouldn't like to get to 14k for speaking.

specsaregood
09-16-2010, 02:30 PM
Who wouldn't like to get to 14k for speaking.

Somebody that gets 75k for speaking? :)
http://www.businessinsider.com/sarah-palin-speaking-fees

Thanks to a judge in California, who forced Cal State to release the contract for a Sarah Palin speech, we now know what she'll demand if you want her to speak at YOUR event.
For starters:
$75,000
First-Class airfare
"Deluxe" hotel accommodations
Chauffeur to and from event with SUV (or, in pinch, black Town Car)

JustinTime
09-16-2010, 02:42 PM
Her mistake was not using a condom or using birth control, yet she's talking about abstinence.

She learned a lesson.

Sounds more like religion than learning a life lesson.

Some people think cucumbers taste better pickled.

Natalie
09-16-2010, 06:59 PM
I don't really care that she got pregnant as a teen, and I don't really care that she is making thousands of dollars at speaking engagements. I'd do the same thing if I was in her position. She is a single mom and needs to provide for her child somehow. She can make a lot of money in one night doing something positive, which gives her the option to spend more time with her baby. That's awesome, imo.

lucius
09-16-2010, 07:43 PM
I don't really care that she got pregnant as a teen, and I don't really care that she is making thousands of dollars at speaking engagements. I'd do the same thing if I was in her position. She is a single mom and needs to provide for her child somehow. She can make a lot of money in one night doing something positive, which gives her the option to spend more time with her baby. That's awesome, imo.

What she does with her property is her business, 100% of the time and no one else's...:)

silus
09-18-2010, 07:51 PM
I don't understand how property rights has anything to do with this discussion.