PDA

View Full Version : We can conduct any kind of search we want

Anti Federalist
09-08-2010, 06:20 PM
Rarely do our state overseers talk so candidly about exactly what they are doing and why.

Considering this is coming out of the Garbage State, it does not surprise me, however.

This is our future as TSA and DHS expands it's role into every form of transportation.

PATCO riders undergo search

http://www.courierpostonline.com/article/20100908/NEWS01/9080330/PATCO-riders-undergo-search

LINDENWOLD — A swarm of DRPA police officers, uniformed screeners from the federal Transportation Security Administration and an explosives-sniffing K-9 greeted commuters at the Lindenwold PATCO station Tuesday morning, the first of what will be routine random searches of riders, their bags and vehicles.

(Skipping to the money quotes)

"We can conduct any kind of search we want," said McClintock. "We could ask TSA to bring wands or X-ray machines like they have in airports, though we don't think that's appropriate for PATCO riders at this time."

Rather than alarm commuters, the searches are supposed to give them "confidence that we are doing everything we can to keep the line safe. Transit lines are considered soft targets," said the chief.

Amtrak, SEPTA and other transit systems conduct similar searches.

"We've been doing random searches for years," said Amtrak spokesman Cliff Cole. "None have been in response to particular threats. It's more to show force.

"We like to keep them a surprise."

phill4paul
09-08-2010, 06:29 PM
Rarely do our state overseers talk so candidly I love money lines!

I could take any of those. Dissect them to the point of total evisceration. And it still won't matter when the sun rises tomorrow.:(