PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul on Wolf Blitzer CNN Situation Room 9/08/10 [VIDEO]

Matt Collins
09-08-2010, 04:50 PM
YouTube - Situation Room 9 8 2010 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxcyhFHfNos&feature=uploademail)

Lucille
09-08-2010, 05:08 PM
Re the Rand-CONway poll: "Pure fiction..." Indeed.

It is funny how the neoclowns worry about the blowback from the Koran burning (http://hotair.com/archives/2010/09/08/palin-romney-denounce-koran-burning/), but not the decades long bombing campaigns and wars we wage.

QueenB4Liberty
09-08-2010, 05:16 PM
Great interview!

I liked that he clarified what he meant about the Koran burning (for everyone who didn't believe it until he said it himself lol)

Yeah isn't Rand like 15 points ahead? Pure fiction indeed!

Bruno
09-08-2010, 05:19 PM
Re the Rand-CONway poll: "Pure fiction..." Indeed.

It is funny how the neoclowns worry about the blowback from the Koran burning (http://hotair.com/archives/2010/09/08/palin-romney-denounce-koran-burning/), but not the decades long bombing campaigns and wars we wage.

He's gonna burn a book and put our soldiers at risk! (nevermind that we bomb them from drones and they then attack us even more).

Why do they think all those soldiers have died in Iraq and Afghanistan in the first place? Nobody has yet burned a book.

on a side note, I hear the fire department is ready to pounce because burning the book would release toxic chemicals in the air. Lord help us.

RedStripe
09-08-2010, 05:44 PM
I love how Ron Paul ties so many things in to our shitty foreign policy. He just needs to keep hammering that message in every time. Who knows, he may even save a few thousand lives eventually.

BlackTerrel
09-08-2010, 06:14 PM
Thanks for the quick YouTube Matt.

KramerDSP
09-09-2010, 04:05 PM
Bumping this after a conversation I had with a very liberal co-worker who I discuss politics with weekly. She has always liked Ron Paul, but hates republicans and is a strong apologist for Obama. Our discussions have always been wide-ranging and civil, and I feel like we both get a good understanding of each other's take.

This morning, she comes in to tell me that she and her husband were watching Wolf last night on CNN and that Ron Paul was on. She said "I really like him. He's brilliant. Everything he said was common sense. My husband and I looked at each other and said 'wow, he is dead on about the economy and the wars'". She also said that he was so right about the drone attacks and undeclared wars overseas being even more inciteful than burning the Koran and that "I like this republican". Finally, she said "he's a real straight shooter" and that he didn't "play the game" to score political points.

Conversations like this are always a pleasure for me. However, more and more, I find myself wrestling between my heart, which screams "this is the perfect time for a third party Independent screw the establishment run that would attract everybody, even those that refuse to vote republican", and my brain, which calmly says "you know third party is not the way to go and we are making great inroads in the republican party". I suspect my heart will win out over the next few months, unless RP is treated with much more respect in the debates than he was last time.

Matt Collins
09-09-2010, 04:10 PM
This morning, she comes in to tell me that she and her husband were watching Wolf last night on CNN and that Ron Paul was on. She said "I really like him. He's brilliant. Everything he said was common sense. My husband and I looked at each other and said 'wow, he is dead on about the economy and the wars'". She also said that he was so right about the drone attacks and undeclared wars overseas being even more inciteful than burning the Koran and that "I like this republican". Finally, she said "he's a real straight shooter" and that he didn't "play the game" to score political points..Tell them to change their Registration to "Republican" so that they can vote for him in the 2012 primary :)