PDA

View Full Version : Beck's religious rally was a dangerous distraction for grassroots conservatives

Matt Collins
09-08-2010, 11:39 AM
From Jack Hunter:

http://www.charlestoncitypaper.com/charleston/becks-religious-rally-was-a-dangerous-distraction-for-grassroots-conservatives/Content?oid=2292019 (http://www.charlestoncitypaper.com/charleston/becks-religious-rally-was-a-dangerous-distraction-for-grassroots-conservatives/Content?oid=2292019)

Sola_Fide
09-08-2010, 12:18 PM
Definitely with Jack on this one.

The more the Tea Party strays from fiscal issues, the less relevant it will be. The "Restoring Honor" rally was a strange, confusing event. It was a dumb idea. Jack is right.

wizardwatson
09-08-2010, 12:39 PM
I think anyone that speaks to compassion and real core principles is on the right track, more power to them.

Whether its politically expedient or not shouldn't be an issue.

And telling the truth and standing up for principles of course never is politically helpful.

Just ask Ron Paul.

Sola_Fide
09-08-2010, 01:28 PM
I think anyone that speaks to compassion and real core principles is on the right track, more power to them.

I don't know man.

Whenever I see the word "compassion" uttered by a politician, I get angry. It usually means they are going to be "compassionate" with your money, which is the opposite of compassion...it's theft.

itshappening
09-08-2010, 01:36 PM
the Rethug establishment would love to go back to Bushism with empty promises about cutting government while actually growing it

Imaginos
09-08-2010, 01:37 PM
Bingo.
Beck is THE infiltrator in chief.
He is even bigger enemy of ours than all the propagandists in MSNBC combined.
Beck and Sarah Palin are the snakes of Devil.

acptulsa
09-08-2010, 01:38 PM
The more I see, the more sure I am that Beck's job is to divert all the people who saw two years ago that we made some pretty good points away from us and back into the evil sphere of Newt Gingrich.

Imaginos
09-08-2010, 01:50 PM
The more I see, the more sure I am that Beck's job is to divert all the people who saw two years ago that we made some pretty good points away from us and back into the evil sphere of Newt Gingrich.
Exactly.
And Beck will do everything he can to stop Ron Paul in 2012.
Mark my words.

wizardwatson
09-08-2010, 01:57 PM
I don't know man.

Whenever I see the word "compassion" uttered by a politician, I get angry. It usually means they are going to be "compassionate" with your money, which is the opposite of compassion...it's theft.

Well, you certainly shouldn't get angry.

If we think people like Beck are "stealing" our movement or corrupting the message, then what is the message? What is the movement for that matter.

I think we all get angry because of frustration at our own failure. This whole movement is based on a principled Christian man's views for how this country should be and his mostly solitary struggle against the State and tyranny in general, but instead of highlighting and focusing on those views and principles and imitating them within this movement most want to focus on conspiracies and anger and everyone acts like aspiring intellectual gods.

That Beck appeals to the masses with his message doesn't mean he's the "enemy" of the movement. It should point to how we are our own worst enemy.

Just my opinion though.

FreeTraveler
09-08-2010, 02:00 PM
Bingo. I WAS willing to give Beck a chance, even recently. But after this plea for a Theocracy, held at the feet of that tyrant Lincoln, his mask is off. Screw him.

JohnEngland
09-08-2010, 04:11 PM
Jack Hunter clearly didn't understand the event. It wasn't a Tea Party event. It wasn't even political!

The primary aim of the rally was to get people to be independent and self-reliant. As one of the founders said, rebellion to tyrants is obedience to God. By relying on God, yourself, your family, friends, church, charities etc. you become free from the government.

When the people change and become self-regulating, the politicians elected will reflect the people. The battle will be won.

Jack Hunter totally misunderstood the Restoring Honor event - perhaps he watched a bit too much mainstream news this time.

FreeTraveler
09-08-2010, 04:49 PM
If we reject that our rights come from the creator, then we must cede that our rights come from governments and the whims of other men, which ultimately leads to tyranny.
I'm sorry, that's not a message of independence and self-reliance in my eyes. It's a message that if you don't believe in his god, your only recourse is to throw yourself on the mercy of the mob.

I believe in natural rights, but I believe they are derived from man's nature, not through some grant from some higher power, whether that higher power is called government or god.

The all-inclusive message of smaller government and self-reliance apparently does not apply to agnostics, atheists, pantheists (or muslims, apparently.)

Dianne
09-08-2010, 05:38 PM
Beck is a prostitute. His job now, as I see it; is to totally confuse and misrepresent the tea party movement that we all created in 2007. He took it over and brought in political whores like Army and Palin to discredit everything we were doing.

His continued tea party type ralies are probably paid for by the Arab that is second largest share holder of FAUX News along with the DNC and GOP.

Beck is a piece of crap, and I remain sickened to see his name on this forum. He and Olberman are no different, and probably are the best of friends.

oyarde
09-08-2010, 05:58 PM
I do not see the rally as being relevant to politics , unless I am missing something . I do not see it as significant . It is doubtful that many who attended it would be voting in a manner that would not be predictable .