PDA

View Full Version : Help with making Ron Paul Videos

InTheoryTV
10-17-2007, 09:55 AM
Hello fellow patriots.

I found Ron Paul Forums last week, but have been active in supporting Ron Paul since this summer. I belong to a meetup group in Fort Collins, Colorado and we have been getting out on the streets, going to parades, canvasing, going out in front of the Rockies game before playoff games with Ron Paul signs, making our own mini 8 car parade and driving around town honking, etc for months now.

I made one Ron Paul video back on August 5th and am working on another one now.
Here is the link to my blog which is linked to the YouTube video:

Get Out and Shout (http://www.intheory.tv/?p=70)

I'm looking at getting a place together for those that are making videos to discuss the process in an effort to make videos that will help spread Ron Paul's message the fastest. If there is already a thread dealing with this I apologies and I ask that someone point me in the right direction.

Here are some points I was thinking about.

1. SOURCE MATERIAL. I understand how I can take down Flash videos (YouTube, etc.) and work on reediting the video that way, but I'm also curious if anybody has links to where we can find good quality video (Ron Paul speaches, news shows) as well audio quotes of Ron Paul that we could use in making the videos.

2. I found this video hosting site that I haven't used yet, http://www.kaltura.com/ that claims that you can form "groups" and have multiple editors on a project using their web site. Maybe we could use it to work together on a Ron Paul video? Thoughts?

3. Suggestion box. If anybody has an idea of a Ron Paul video that they think that would be a positive for Ron Paul, but they don't have the video editing skills, please share the idea. Hopefully someone could make it a reality.

Go Ron Paul!

Green Mountain Boy
10-17-2007, 10:03 AM
This website - http://stage6.divx.com is good for sharing high-quality videos. It's like a up-scale youtube.

I have a channel there that I am working on - more high quality video will be coming.

http://stage6.divx.com/Ron-Paul-for-President-2008

LBT
10-17-2007, 10:28 AM
I think this is a great idea.

My guess of what we need is for someone to set up a website that collects and hosts a bunch of the best Ron Paul related videos in avi format with corresponsing clips appearing in youtube video alongside for easy viewing.

The site should accept submissions so that 200+ of the best sound bites and scenes can be made available for download and editing.

While high res is preferable, converted .flv clips can serve the purpose for re-edited youtube clips on most occassions, though of course, if the site could collect original higher res clips that would allow better quality vids.

This would prove a great resource for those of us who can edit videos. No doubt it would lead to tens of millions of extra exposures.

If someone is willing to kick start the project and start a chipin campaign to raise a few thousand to support the site manager and the hosting fees, this type of project could easily generate $1,000,000+ in exposure from just a few videos that could generate viral activity after utilizing the resource.

I for one would kick in labor for downloading / cutting and converting some videos and helping with building the site. Not to mention using the clips to put together videos.

But, this type of project will need funding for bandwidth for downloading avi's and preferably some reward for the host / editors / programmers, as there is a lot of work involved to set up such a site that would be easy to navigate, well categorized and would contain almost all past clips of interest and keep up to date with ongoing popular and informative videos.

The rewards however could be several magnitudes higher than the expense.

InTheoryTV
10-17-2007, 11:14 AM
LBT your thoughts on a web site is great. A web site would be great place to centralize this. If we can't get that going, a cheaper way we could start this would be for us to first vet the video makers who are into Ron Paul and who have broad band and then we use an open source private Peer to Peer group to store the files on the video editors computers.