PDA

View Full Version : Google TV

Elwar
09-08-2010, 07:09 AM
http://www.product-reviews.net/2010/09/07/google-tv-launches-in-us-this-fall/

Google is coming out with Webcast TV this fall. We need to have a liberty channel where people can get Ron Paul news 24/7.

From the little I've read about it, you basically write an app that can work on their web TV, similar to writing an app for the android.

Though, unfortunately, the amount of people watching won't be enough to sway the electorate. But maybe it could be used as a daily update for the grassroots to organize.

nayjevin
09-08-2010, 01:32 PM
this is a legit function of the official campaign IMO

1. secure the url
2. administrate the compilation of the 'best' ron paul audio/video (I'm sure there's a market solution if Ron Paul doesn't have time to do it himself)
3. loop it endlessly until the election
4. distribute the url

rancher89
09-08-2010, 01:39 PM
Absolutely spot on, have they done it yet? Have they done it yet?.....:p

Ethek
09-08-2010, 07:35 PM
this is a legit function of the official campaign IMO

1. secure the url
2. administrate the compilation of the 'best' ron paul audio/video (I'm sure there's a market solution if Ron Paul doesn't have time to do it himself)
3. loop it endlessly until the election
4. distribute the url

As was the case with Rands run, there is no official campaign. There wont be until at least November because the campaign apparatus is Rands campaign apparatus until he is done with it.

YAL efforts and C4L confrences will be the intial groundwork for guaging support for any Run of Rons. Everything else is up to us... and might well be in our hands until after any official campaign wins Ames.

theantirobot
09-10-2010, 12:15 AM
Somebody made a site like that in 2007 at http://freeme.tv. I don't think google tv will give a big boost to that type of product, because it's been possible to do the same thing in a browser for years. All google tv does it make it easy to watch it on a tv.

I would like to see an official channel from the campaign though. They could have video contests or something. In Schiff's campaign he vlogged pretty often and ran contests for people who did the phone banking.

Elwar
09-10-2010, 07:17 AM
Why are we considering what the campaign should do?

We're the grassroots damnit. We'll be the ones to get Ron Paul elected. He just needs to show up.

erowe1
09-10-2010, 09:59 AM
Why are we considering what the campaign should do?

We're the grassroots damnit. We'll be the ones to get Ron Paul elected. He just needs to show up.

+1

This is something for someone or some group to step up and do apart from the official campaign. If the campaign does their own, that's fine. But there should be something that grassroots supporters do that has no connection to the campaign and no collusion, and full advantage should be taken of that fact when it comes to using the channel to attack opponents in ways that would be unbecoming for the campaign.