PDA

View Full Version : Press Conference news here.

Noodles
10-17-2007, 09:44 AM
http://reason.com/blog/show/123037.html

Posted on another thread by TheIndependent.

uncloned21
10-17-2007, 09:48 AM
Thank you! Very cool.

Primbs
10-17-2007, 09:48 AM
Looks good. The campaign has to increase it's donor relations department and ask those who have not maxed out to donate more.

Patrick Henry
10-17-2007, 09:50 AM
Only 3% maxed! :D

Green Mountain Boy
10-17-2007, 09:51 AM
The message of the day: Only three Republican campaigns are fiscally secure and fecund, and Paul's is one of them. (The others are Rudy Giuliani's and Fred Thompson's.)

I don't buy that Mitt Romney's campaign is fiscally unsecure. Mitt could drop down $50 million of his own money at any moment. He is more dangerous than Fred Thompson for sure. If Mitt wins a few of the first primaries - he might just do this.

nullvalu
10-17-2007, 09:53 AM
hmm still no mention of Leno, though..

TheIndependent
10-17-2007, 10:01 AM
I have Digg and Reddit links in the other forum where this same thing is posted.

TVMH
10-17-2007, 10:04 AM
I don't buy that Mitt Romney's campaign is fiscally unsecure. Mitt could drop down $50 million of his own money at any moment. He is more dangerous than Fred Thompson for sure. If Mitt wins a few of the first primaries - he might just do this.

Perhaps, but he probably has to use that money to buy the "support" that Dr. Paul is getting for free.

Can you imagine how much this "grass-roots support" would cost to organize from the top down. :D

steph3n
It is a bad sign of things to come if he were elected, one can't keep writing checks to fund the government :D
Of course they just ask the fed to print more $$$ on paper, causing more debt.

JMann

As with most smart businessmen I'm sure Mitt has already decided how much he will 'invest' in his own campaign. Yes, he could throw another 50 million towards his campaign but I'm sure he won't spend more than the x he had planned on unless he has some early victories.

Santana28
10-17-2007, 10:06 AM
I heard somewhere (dont quote me) that Mitt was in for only another $15 million. That might have been before last Quarter's infusion however ;)

0zzy
10-17-2007, 10:07 AM
No mention of military donations, first place donations in some states, 2nd and 3rd in primary states, and celebrity donations? :O

Green Mountain Boy
10-17-2007, 10:08 AM
As with most smart businessmen I'm sure Mitt has already decided how much he will 'invest' in his own campaign. Yes, he could throw another 50 million towards his campaign but I'm sure he won't spend more than the x he had planned on unless he has some early victories.

That's why it's important to not allow him any early victories. :)

SouthernGuy15
10-17-2007, 10:18 AM
That means 97% of those who have donated to the Ron Paul campaign can donate again!

Please keep the donations flowing!

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/donate/

JMann
10-17-2007, 10:26 AM
Another thing about Mitty is that with all the money he has already spent he is only at 10% nationally, which is only 5% higher than Dr. Paul.

EvilTwinkie
10-17-2007, 10:36 AM
Mitt will only win in his own mind. He apparently loves himself alot more than the american people do.

Too bad he can only vote for himself once.

steph3n
10-17-2007, 10:37 AM
Mitt will only win in his own mind. He apparently loves himself alot more than the american people do.

Too bad he can only vote for himself once.

don't count on that, he will get his entire family and their family and their family to vote for him too :D

kylejack
10-17-2007, 10:37 AM
Another thing about Mitty is that with all the money he has already spent he is only at 10% nationally, which is only 5% higher than Dr. Paul.
Yeah, but he's spending in early primary states, and doing very well there. He was governor of MA, which has many people commuting from New Hampshire, so he's got regional credibility as well. Its going to be a knock-down drag-out to win New Hampshire. But we must. New Hampshire is critical.

goldstandard
10-17-2007, 12:19 PM
NYTimes article: http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/10/17/pauls-aides-campaign-cash-healthy/

Johnnybags
10-17-2007, 12:25 PM
NYTimes article: http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/10/17/pauls-aides-campaign-cash-healthy/

of his money on jogging ads and optimism speeches with no substance. Those days are far behind us where pomp and placating were key. We have serious problems to fix and as long as Mitt does not address them, thats fine with me. His cash is disappearing like a fart in the wind, excuse the expression.

Primbs
10-17-2007, 12:28 PM
Romney is really targeting his money to the early primary and caucus states. He is one to watch and may be a major competitor to Ron Paul.

Rudy is ready to lose Iowa, New Hampshire and other states and hopes to win in Florida, California and the large states.

Romney is targeting the early states like Ron Paul.

kylejack
10-17-2007, 12:32 PM

That's a nice piece of coverage. Very balanced, very fair, very substantive.